Thread: Let's Try Again. (Hola!)

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. Let's Try Again. (Hola!) noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Let's Try Again. (Hola!)

I tried posting an intro earlier, buuuut it said it needed approval? So, I'm gonna try one more time..

Name: Jamie - Lately I've been getting made fun of for being short at work (I'm 5'0"), so peeps also refer to me as Short Stack/Midget/Vertically Challenged.
    Age: 28. Often get mistaken for anywhere from 18 - 21/22. I've gotten as low as 16 on a rare occasion.
    Location: Hell, Texas. Seriously. Where I'm staying right now is awful. Middle of nowhere, dry county until you get to the TX/AR border (which is where I happen to work also). Normally I live in Nashville, TN. I'm ready to go home 4 months ago.

Hobbies: Cooking - I love cooking. Especially with my little girl (she likes to help make tortillas). I'm best at cooking Mexican, but I can make just about anything - including rolling sushi. I often joke that I'm a modern day Stepford Wife. I'll cook & clean in heels when the weather's warm.
    Screwing around in Photoshop (not the best by leaps and bounds, not entirely the worst. I can make my stuff look neat and pretty at least), Reading, Music, Travelling (love going on road trips), Swimming/Jet Skiing during the Summer.

Other: I'm somewhat Spanish bilingual.. Intermediate at best, though white folks 'round these parts consider me fluent 'cuz I can say "Hola" without sounding like a redneck. Actually, I speak -Mexican- Spanish. Yeah, there's a difference.

I like movies if I can get into them within 30 minutes, but because I have ADHD - unmedicated - my attention is gone if it hasn't been grabbed within the first bit. If we're in a theater, I get antsy and stuff. Some of my favs are Lord of War, Blood In Blood Out, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Wizard of Oz, Dancer in the Dark (with Bjork), and Sin Nombre. And Sleeping Beauty - Aurora is mine and my daughter's fav Princess (Plus, Mary Costa, the voice of Aurora, lives in Knoxville, TN - an hour or so north of my hometown).

I'm a huge bookworm. I'll read anything regardless of how bad it is and I'll probably get it read within 3 days. I'm addicted to downloading eBooks on my phone. I'm currently hacking my way through Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern series. There's plenty of them and they're all really long, so it's pretty awesome. Some other favs: A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Housseini, Life of Pi by Yann Martel (I've read it over and over for 5 yrs), Coyotes by Ted Conniver, Enrique's Journey by Sonia Nazario

Music, I have a ridiculously wide range in what I like - Spanish Duranguense/Ranchero/Cumbia, Bachata & Reggaeton, J/C/K-Pop, J-Rock, English Pop, Rock, Older Hip Hop (Tupac, Mystikal, Master P, NWA, Too $hort, etc), Older Country (Dolly Parton, Loretta Lynne, Red Sovine, Hank Jr), and some newer stuff of the last 2 genres. Strangely enough, I have an 80 GB iPod and only 20 GB worth of music on it.

My little girl is 5. Both of our bdays are in January. She's my favorite person ever - she's smart, mature, and -really- gorgeous. I'd rather hang out with her than go out with friends - which is pretty much what I do. heh. I got her into Final Fantasy while playing XIII-2. I was racing Chocobos and she said "Ooooh MOM! I like your big chickens!" - After telling her what they were, she settled into calling them "Chickabos".

Anywho... Nice to meet y'all!

(Sorry that was long. I've had entirely too much time on my hands lately. I've been off for 4 days. -_-;; no bueno.)

The Old Skool Warrior Let's Try Again. (Hola!) LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'd take those super awesome age compliments and run with them. As we continue to push that 30 mark, they're increasingly nice to hear.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004 • CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. Let's Try Again. (Hola!) noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Haha believe me. I do.

Although I pointed out to my mom the other day that I need Botox in my forehead in this one spot between my eyebrows. I look angry if I'm not super happy and smiley and talk in a valley girl voice because of this one tiny wrinkle.

Her response?

"If your brain were bigger, you wouldn't have that problem." lmao Thanks mom.

Registered User Let's Try Again. (Hola!) Black_Cloud's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nice to meet you, nox.sun Wow, you are cultured. And posting up a storm already, I see. That's great.
    I know you'll have fun all over the forum, but I'll wish you and your daughter a fun time anyway. I guess no hurry to
    get back to work if they're teasing you about your height. My mother was your height and there is absolutely
    nothing wrong with being a little shorter than others.

You must show us some of the work you do in Photoshop one of these days. i bet you're very talented.

Blog Entries
    This is what happens when you're off for way too long. You start spamming forums. haha >.<;;

Since I'm up, can't sleep, and bored:
    (Sorry for the big sizes on some of it.. IDK how to do the collapsible thingy -_-)

^ Carrie Underwood

^ Ellie Goulding (nothing I could do about the watermarks)

^ Nakashima Mika

^ My chitterling

and finally...

^ Me. mwahaha.

EDIT:

In short, I'm good at blending and using layer masks and -sometimes- using the pen tool to cut stuff out. lolz

Ayyye Let's Try Again. (Hola!) Lacquer Head's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ..and I thought my introduction was detailed o.o welcome to the forums, some one with a willingness to post is definitely what we need right now lol

Blog Entries
    Yeah several forums I spam out are mostly dead. I try, and eventually give up 'cuz no one else responds much, but this is the liveliest one.

Other than UFF takes 2nd, but there's just a few others and me who post in -1- thread regularly. heh.

Again this is what happens when Jamie gets little sleep and too much time off. She finds new forums to spam. And "talks" a lot.

Blog Entries
    I used to do that, now I generally just lurk various IRC servers and channels...

Blog Entries
    I haven't lurked around IRC in ages...

I have a profile on Hi5/Tagged. I mostly just troll the shit out of it 'cuz I'm bored.

Blog Entries
    I'm one of those IRC elitists, nothing compares :1

Blog Entries
    haha an Elitist.. Nice.

I'll hafta get back into all that.. Someday. Maybe.. I also need a haircut. Shiz is ratty and like past my waist almost. Again.. Someday... Maybe.

Hello noxious (I'll call you that as your name is too long ) and welcome to TFF. ^^

You have told so much about yourself, but the most important fact is missing: Which FF do you consider your favorite?
    And does your cute little daughter already play herself?

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Blog Entries
    Haha, that's fine, Freya ^_^;;

VIII is my fav, I guess - it's the 1st one I played, though I heart VII - XII (minus XI, XIII, & XIII-2 .. Never played XI or XIV, or any of the older ones besides I)..

P doesn't play yet, she's only 5. -She- likes XIII & XIII-2 only because she hasn't seen the others. She loves Lightning & Fang. She'd probably like X-2. She's all into stuff like that.

Awww, cute. <3

Actually, VIII was also the first one I played. And I didn't really like it. ^^" Which is mostly due to not liking most of the characters. I didn't even finish it the first time I played it. But as I wanted to play all FFs, I finished it one day. And still didn't like it. Though I adore the theories about the ending. That was pretty interesting, but sadly, there still was no character I really liked.

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Blog Entries
    have you seen Squall's Dead - a theory of what really happens in Final Fantasy VIII ? I thought it was pretty interesting until I decided it was kind of a crock.

I liked Selphie the best. And Fuujin. Something about her 1 word statements and the eye patch..

I'm kind of crushing on Balthier though atm.. There hasn't been a male character since VIII that I've really crushed on. lol Mmmm.. Except maybe Gippal in X-2.

Registered User Let's Try Again. (Hola!) Black_Cloud's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by noxious.sunshine View Post
    This is what happens when you're off for way too long. You start spamming forums. haha >.<;;

Since I'm up, can't sleep, and bored:
    (Sorry for the big sizes on some of it.. IDK how to do the collapsible thingy -_-)

^ Carrie Underwood

^ Ellie Goulding (nothing I could do about the watermarks)

^ Nakashima Mika

^ My chitterling

and finally...

^ Me. mwahaha.

EDIT:

In short, I'm good at blending and using layer masks and -sometimes- using the pen tool to cut stuff out. lolz

Is this your Photoshop work? Maybe I can commission you to do some for me one day If I become famous, that is.

You're very good, and very pretty, but you seem kind of pissed in that picture. hahaha. Thankfully, you don't seem to have an angry personality.

I'm still trying to get better with Layer masks, and the pen tool. haha. I wonder if I'll ever get better at using those. I hope you don't give up on this forum,

like was stated earlier, we desperately need someone who likes to post to get things moving around here.

Edit: I also have a TAGGED profile, but I haven't been there in a while

Blog Entries
    aw thanks! I def shall!

Pen Tool Trick: after you finish playing Connect-The-Dots around what you wanna cut out, there's an "edit selection" option (cant remember off the top of my head if have to turn the cut-out into a selection 1st or not. Nor where this option is located exactly).

It basically allows you to smooth out what you've selected if it's somewhat choppy, you can scale it up or down, feather it, all kinds of things to improve the quality of the cut out overall.. I think it's called "Refine Edges" or "Refine Selection". Something like that. It comes in handy quite often for me.

Pic? I was slightly intoxicated lol. I have some happy smiley ones somewherw, I'm just a tad too lazy right now to dig them up & upload them. ^_^;;