Thread: Can I post a "return" topic?

Ex-SOLDIER Can I post a "return" topic? Cloud Strife's Avatar

Can I post a "return" topic?

My story begins... almost 12 years ago. At the ripe age of 14, I ventured out onto the newly discovered world known as "the internet" in search of hints and tips for my new found love of Final Fantasy VII. And, subsequently, my love for the series in general (with exception to XI and XIV - I don't really do online games).

I found many a-site on the subject... but for some strange reason, I decided to register on this one. That was on (according to my profile) May 8th, 2002. I'm quite honestly surprised my account has existed as long as it has and I often wonder how many people remember back to the days of the old Clan Wars? (I was Al Na'ir Faction - imagine my excitement the day I got accepted!)

Over the years, I've met several people courtesy of this very website - of whom I'm still friends with to this day. TFF inspired me to start many sites on various subjects, all of which included a message board of some sort (mostly about Final Fantasy, but I've since branched out lol). As a result, I started getting involved in the actual Forum Software community itself. That said, I still checked in every so often. You may see me post every once in a while.

Ten years later - I now work for a company that produces such software.

So, inadvertently, TFF was the start of all this - so I just wanted to extend my gratitude to Fuzz and the rest of the staff for keeping this place alive. You guys are, after all, the thing that started this mess. I've seen many forums come and go over the years (Square Ultima anyone?), but I know that TFF will always be the constant.

I may not check in every day (or even every week) but I must say - this place has always been my "home" on the web, even though my post count is considerable amounts less than all other active users here.

That all said - a few questions.

1. Right forum? I wasn't sure if I should post here or in General Chat as a general "reminisce" thread - feel free to move.
    2. Does Fuzz still have his band, Lucidream? I remember that from very long ago, and actually had a few songs but have since lost them. I tried to look them up some time ago, but could never find it.
    3. Did the Clan Wars ever actually kick off? I remember it was in progress but never actually went very far before I went inactive.

Anyway, it's good to be back - while I have some free time at least.

Welcome back! Glad to see some of the veterans come back every once in a while.

And yes, this is the right spot for your return thread. And congrats on your job - it sounds awesome!

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)