Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: The Old Skool Cult of Kefka, bitches!

Arkaine Ultimus
    *Magically Appears out of nowhere*

Missed a bit eh? Well, ill just talk about the clubs current topic:

If reincarnated as in "possibly like some sequel" (like loco stated with his GTA analogy), Im half and half. The Shooter games (the recent games that ive been praising over and over) usually do it pretty damn good. Look at Gradius V, it offered 2P (first US gradius to do that, unlike the first JP Gradius, Gradius Gaiden.), also gave crazy tricks for your Options, made it much more faster paced, and even more! I honestly can say that it did some Justice for a so-called "Dying" Genre.

but sometimes, I also rather cautious about the "reincarnated games" because what people do to them. I don't mind Defender so much (Play it with my Big Brother on the GC), but if a company is going to pull of a SEX (Square EniX) on me, then you can damn well agree that I am not going to buy it(FF7 Whoring, "Bleh".)

(although I do play the remakes that are basically SNES->GBA ports. they kept the fun in those still.)

Personal Prefence if anything.

*Magically Dissappears but reappears out of spite*

Oh yeah, im back for a bit, and Cool comic Dau, at least you're more lively than me =\. Better get back on MAME for more Arcade Goodness.

Currently Playing:
    Gradius V, DoDonPachi, DoDonPachi Dai-OuJou, Wizardry V, Shadow Tower Abyss

Blog Entries
    Shit, been a while since i decided to poke this topic.. i just noticed all the OSA posts too Dau, bra-fucking-vo my friend, in my current game (which i should open up when i get home) i have my character (currently a M.Knight) up to around level 80 or so, if memory serves me correctly. I'll do some screenshots and upload them to here (few old screens in there now).. otherwise, FFIIIj rocks your boxs. XD

Do more of those comics, Dau, and make sure i do some evil/satanic phrases w/ some swearing if need be

Started a new game of Vice City now that i think of it, new comp and all couldnt find all the old Save Game files so i figured i'd give it a thrash. Diaz (short fat columbian dude) is funny as hell, he is always pissed off at something.. hehehe, loved the cut-scene where he had the rifle out and was shooting pigeons for shitting on his car. XD im also seldom playing Postal 2 : Share the Pain and i should do some more screens for that.. maybe make an avy, but i like my Nintendo DS - Touch Me thingy.

One thing ive gotten back into aswell, for some random reason. Final Fantasy V... and i must say im doing pretty damn well with this level 51-52 party.. im seldom changing their jobs around, considering the area im in.. N-Zone.. no exp but insane AP, ever killed those groups of Movers? hmm? 199 AP made my jaw drop o.o plus the 200,000 gil to go with it.

^^

Currently playing:

GTA:VC, FFXI, Postal 2 : Share the Pain.
    SPOILER!!:

^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Luccia
    Hey NN, is your PS2 rejecting DVDs, also?
    It rejects pretty much everything :/

Anyway, I got my FFT working on my emulator on my laptop, so I'm addicted to that once again. It's kind of old school.... lol.

I'll go back to FFVI though, it's too brilliant to leave alone.

Back. For a while. Maybe.

By posting below this text you hereby pledge unquestionable servitude to Neo Necron

The Lost Writer The Old Skool Cult of Kefka, bitches! Psiko's Avatar
    Mmmmm...FFVI...

Speaking of that great game, I was lurking around Gamefaqs last night and stumbled across some interesting challenges...

* Beat the game in under ten hours (Which includes the time from beating Kefka until the words "The End" appear on the screen after the 25 minute ending...)
    * Beat the game with only the "required" characters in the World of Ruin. In other words, you have three characters: Celes, Edgar, Setzer. Apparently you get a special ending for accomplishing this...but you can't pick up ANY of the other eleven characters.
    * Beat the game using only ONE character the entire way when possible. Cyan, Relm and "True Gogo" (With only Mimic, Fight and Item as battle options) are deemed as nearly-impossible to complete the game with. Umaro is a don't even try it...sorry Loco.

Me thinks I'm gonna try that second scenario. In fact, I think I'll start that right now...

Currently Playing:

Madden 2002 (GC); Final Fantasy VI
    OLD SKOOL - A positive appellation referring to when things weren't flashy but empty of substance, were done by hard work, didn't pander to the lowest common denominator, and required real skill. Labour-saving devices, shortcuts that reduce quality and quitting before the task is done are not characteristics of "old skool."

In reference to computer games, refers to a game that had substantial playability without flashy graphics or eye candy. Old skool gamers appreciate difficult maneuvers, careful planning, and scorched earth policies.

In reference to role-playing games, old skool refers to games that tested players' wits, could kill off careless characters, and required dedication and inner strength to play. Old skool games didn't pander to the ideas that everyone is created equal, that all options are open to all races, that the markets were somehow free, and that a quasi-medieval society could have near 100% literacy.

See also classic.

Representing the Old Skool ways since 1984.

The Old Skool Warrior The Old Skool Cult of Kefka, bitches! LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've beaten it in twelve hours... without the ending. Usually, I play it just to play it though, so I can't really say that I've TRIED to move quickly. Everything's a lot tougher when you don't spend forty hours levelling though.

I'm really glad that everyone in the Cult hasn't lost sanity with everything else going on in the TFF community right now. At least we're sane, you know?

Currently Playing:
    Baten Kaitos
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Blog Entries
    We are sane? lol, says who?

As in my last post i mentioned i have whipped out the old FFV and have been getting AP like a madman, well, im still doing so. Try picture this; Faris has the middle and lower column of Jobs mastered (she is my designated "Mage" you could say), Bartz has the top row and most of bottom row mastered along with Blue/Red Mage, Krile is about identical to Bartz and Reina has scattered Jobs on the list mastered. All in all everyone has about.. 5-6 jobs left to master. Not a bad effort considering the difficulty of the game even if my level is around the 51-52 mark, you'd be suprised at how often i get slain. >.>

*cough*

And here are 2 screencaps of my current FFIIIj job, and its just me being put in the spotlight too M.Knight, level 78. Im putting him through the low levels of the Forbidden Land of Eureka where im getting anywhere from 4000 - 18000 exp per fight with just one character. Booyah! I have him equipped with the Crystal Shield (as opposed to equipping 2 Swords, as i normally do) because it gives an insane Defense boost.. on the screencap, you notice the Def%? 87. Yes thats right, 87% chance to dodge attacks. Not to mention that 93 Defense alone. The most amount of damage i receive in that area (from melee) is around 150 (max) and the Magic dmg hovers around the 1 area in most cases.

Ice 2 does about 150, but thats a tickle with a feather-duster .

Also been thrashing (again) FFIV, but this is the WSC version.. battle animations are absolutely spectacular, the music quality is lower then that of the SNES or PSX, but it gets the idea across. The menu system is also changed a bit, like the ability to swap between characters instead of having to jump back to the main menu and selecting another character. We also have a sub-menu in the stats screen to show a short list of current equipment for quick reference i guess, its handy to see.

Oh, and who likes the sig? XD its male instinct, lol, WE CANT HELP IT.

Currently Playing
    FFIV WSC, FFXI, Vice City.
    SPOILER!!:

^_^

Im should be I'm

Your should be You're

You are welcome, Dawezy. =P

Loco and I are going to do the solo character challenge for FFVI using Edgar. Of course, I'm waiting on him to let me know when the best start date would be, which I hope is really soon. ^^
    OLD SKOOL - A positive appellation referring to when things weren't flashy but empty of substance, were done by hard work, didn't pander to the lowest common denominator, and required real skill. Labour-saving devices, shortcuts that reduce quality and quitting before the task is done are not characteristics of "old skool."

In reference to computer games, refers to a game that had substantial playability without flashy graphics or eye candy. Old skool gamers appreciate difficult maneuvers, careful planning, and scorched earth policies.

In reference to role-playing games, old skool refers to games that tested players' wits, could kill off careless characters, and required dedication and inner strength to play. Old skool games didn't pander to the ideas that everyone is created equal, that all options are open to all races, that the markets were somehow free, and that a quasi-medieval society could have near 100% literacy.

See also classic.

Blog Entries
    Soon indeed. Holy shit man, I just realized something... I have the house to myself ALL WEEKEND... which means we can start TOMORROW!!! (Or, well, today. It's 3:28am after all.)

I trust your word just as much as you trust mine, so maybe we could just keep playtime logs in Notepad and post them up whenever we complete it. That way, we don't have to sit and try to go at this whole thing in a day. I may be able to level for hours, but a day's worth is tough.

So yes, that sounds good. We'll start today, but we'll tack on our .txt files when we finish the game with our solo characters. There will be a LOT of levelling. I might even move my SNES downstairs to the bigger TV, even though I got a gorgeous new 20" flatscreen for my room. Sure, for sprites, small is ideal... but I can take pictures better on the larger TV.

Anywho, good deal.

Currently Playing:
    FFXI, Baten Kaitos, and very soon FFVI

edit:
    Psiko, I've decided that we should do our single-character challenge thingy via ROM, because the screenshots will look so much nicer. Like I said before, I trust your word, but pictures are a lot of fun for gloating purposes. And since we can't find the FFIII SNES ROMs, then we might as well just go with the FFVIj+patch instead! Even MORE of a challenge, no?

...we are gonna get so slaughtered, it's not even funny. Poor Edgar.
    Last edited by LocoColt04; 12-04-2004 at 04:25 PM.

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.

If Setzer has been able to hold his own with his beginning equipment, I am certain Edgar, who has the nifty Auto-Crossbow, will do just fine. I just hope we don't over-level along the way, lol. I can see that happening VERY easily...

Therefore I foresee many...frustrating trips through dungeons and semi-impossible boss battles along the way...

Just don't get too anxious and kill Banon...you do need him, ya know. ^_~

Edit: Started the challenge today, and I've got a few screenshots to throw in here...
    Last edited by Psiko; 12-08-2004 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Adding in pictures

See also classic.

Blog Entries
    Ugh, I'm not a fan of the name translations in our version of the ROM... you can tell I haven't started yet. Well, along with an RP post tomorrow, that's what I'll be doing. Or I guess that's today, since it's almost four in the morning. I might just have to change the names to their real American versions.

Currently Playing:
    FFXI, FFVI

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

To make things easier for everyone, I'll track my progress at the following link:

http://www.geocities.com/psiko2k2/ffvi.html

I'm through beating Vargas now...w000000t!

Come on Cesar, you need to keep pace with me! =P

See also classic.

Blog Entries
    Keep pace? Guess I should get started then.

My most recent project is something all of us old skoolers can be proud of... the blue magic list for FFV. Cobain posted a thread asking where he could find one, so I tossed one together for him. It took me 45 minutes to format it in a way which would look halfway decent on the forums, but I think it's definitely worth it.

I suppose once again, we need another new topic... hmm.
    Dawezy? Give us something evil.

Currently Playing:
    FFXI, FFVI, Need for Speed Underground (GC)

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

*gives him something evil*

Here have some Bush/Cheney Bumper Stickers!!! MWaaaahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Seriously though...i got nothing..cept..look up FFL on byond.com and JOIN US!!
    "Knowledge, without mileage, is just Bullshit" - Henry Rollins

The Old Skool Cult of Kefka, bitches! Jin's Avatar
    well now, this seems to be the place to be lol. Just curious if I could be in this clan/club/cult thing heh. Big old school fan here, especially super old school (i.e 8bit heh). hehe scorp, you should see the banner I made, it makes fun of Zro so it's gotta be good ne?

Until now!

hmmm, i think an exception can be made here, what do you say LC? He's got DD's stamp of approval in this dept so I think we could let him in. And yes, ZRo was telling me about this banner, mayhaps you should get on YiM and show it to me? ne's pa?

Oh right..yeah..uh

Currently Playing:
    Final Fantasy 1 & 2 - Dawn of Souls, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, Final Fantasy Legacy, Def Jam : Fight for NY, GTA: San Andreas
    Last edited by Scorpian; 12-14-2004 at 05:35 PM.

Blog Entries
    Hrm, let's see... uhh, DUH. You've proven yourself rather cult-worthy, I'd think. I was wondering when you'd wander in here. I'm gonna go tack your name to the member list after this post, because it's only right.

I need to go check in with SquareUltima sometime soon. Been a couple weeks since I've taken a look over there.

Jin, I'm leaving the job of new topic to you. Yep, sure am.

Currently Playing:
    FFVI, Crystalis
    (and FFXI after dinner)

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

oh hell, to much pressure! ummm ermmm..not quite sure what you guys have and havn't discussed lol. I am currently playing ff3j, so how about somethnig regarding that. Like, when the hell do you get new jobs after you get your first 6?
    edit: almost forgot, thanks for letting me in

Until now!

Jintatsu...I LOVE YOUR AVATAR! *Applauds*

I wish I had thought of that one first, dammit! That is way cooler than the dancing Red Mage...><

As to not have this be a spamtastic post, I will say that I am almost through the scenarios on the Edgar challenge. Just need to finish the last half of Sabin's and it is off to the races!

On my other FFVI file, which HAD been the Setzer solo, I decided to do a semi-normal trip through using only Setzer, Edgar and Celes. I want that special ending, dammit!

And on a side-note, I picked up Prince of Persia: Sands of Time today for $20! Yay!

See also classic.

The Old Skool Cult of Kefka, bitches! ZRO's Avatar
    Old School? Did someone say Old School? O.o I seem to have found where all me SU peeps hang out over here. Now that I've got time to look around and not be tired as all hell while I'm at it, what say ye bout me possibly joinin up here? Please? I'll even be nice and ditch my tiara.

heh, finally got on here eh? Despite his first post I swear that this guy is alright . What do you say loco? If at nothing else he is good for talking abuse .

anyways, back to business

I have started playing a very interesting game. I think that it even goes past the old school catagory and fits into the ancient section. It's called Adom, I forget what it stands for but it is a text based game...@_@. Not so much text based but it uses text characters as graphics, your character is an @ sign lol. It has a DnD feel to it if anyone has ever played that. Its almost like a 1 player RP lol.

Currently playing:
    FF3 emulator-first time through
    FF1 (dawn of souls)-RM, WM, BM and War
    ADOM (read above heh)

Until now!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRO
    Now that I've got time to look around and not be tired as all hell while I'm at it, what say ye bout me possibly joinin up here? Please? I'll even be nice and ditch my tiara.
    Yeah, you damn well BETTER ditch the ****ing tiara. You can't be an old schooler without joining the ranks of the Cult of Kefka as well. After all, I officially own you now.

^_^
    You're in.

Now, to the topic at hand... nope, never heard of Adom. Keyboard characters representing everything in the game? Man, now THAT'S old school. Where'd you find such a gem?

Currently Playing:
    FFT, Super Mario RPG

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

hmmm...i dunno...shouldn't we be giving him some kind of hair cutting hazing ritual? heh

In other not so fun news...i was using an UnDelete prog find pics i deleted when i was upsetone night..and ended up clearing my E: Drive...-_- meaning no games for the scorp till he reloads his cd's and re dl's his GBA roms...ugh..

Welcome to the Cult bisho boy!

Blog Entries
    *hands you the electric shaver*

Yeah, go for it.
    I don't want to be anywhere near his pubic hair whilst you buzz it off.

I hate deleting stuff, because I always find a way to screw it up somehow, you know? The worst is reformatting and then forgetting to put something on a disc. Before I reformatted, I didn't even have any way to save things except for a cigar (USB memory stick, if you're not familiar with that terminology) since my laptop only has a DVD drive. It wasn't until recently that I bought the CD/DVD-R/RW drive to dump all my shit on. And man, it's quite handy indeed. ^_^

Currently Playing:
    FFT, FFXI

edit:
    Random idea.

Dawezy, remember the days when you used to make all the animated avatars? And the ones you and I put together? I was thinking... we need an avatar featuring the active members of the CoKOSFFC. The glory is that you can make it larger now, and we can all use it. Just something to think on. If you're interested, we can use the thread for brainstorming ideas, as well as everyone claiming a character for his/her own.
    Last edited by LocoColt04; 12-20-2004 at 01:42 AM.

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

Lol, if Dawezy doesn't wanna do it, I'll volunteer. I'm not too horrible with sprites once I get moving. I should post up my comics here some time, though they wouldn't be quite as good as they were at SU, seeing as they revolved around SU, but anyway. XD BTW, anyone have any idea possibly how to tear an emulator apart? I was talking to Scorp earlier and came up with the idea of replacing the sprites in the FFIV ROM with the customs I've made...thought it would be rather interesting idea to try out some time, lol.

Well then I had better claim the Red Mage as my representation right now because I have a feeling I would have had competition had I not claimed that as my sprite. So nyeh.

I'm currently playing too many games to list, so I'll highlight the two main ones right now...

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
    Lords of the Realm III

See also classic.

don't worry Psiko, I was planning on picking the Black mage

Welcome in bisho-boy.

I like that idea loco, It would be a nice way to show off the power of the cult lol. About that Adom game, it can be downloaded at http://www.adom.de/adom/download.php3 you can download it for DOS XD. The guide is located at a different URL, I forget what it is but if you search for it you'll find it. Be warned though, it contains over 100 links to each section of the guide and each is about a 5-10 minute read, enjoy

Until now!

Thumbs up

*looks at avatar* 3 guesses what i'm gonna pick?
    Yes..the blue ninja of either FF1 or FF3j fame ( or..FFiv..V, Vi...uhh..yeah )
    which is easy..cause if I don't have the sprite set for it, Dawezy does..I know ihave the OSA FF3 one floatin in this HD someplace..( thank god i moved a few folders to C: ) So yeah..good idea.

Zro, i think SUFFL would probably have more appeal here than SUMM..get those up first and we'll go from there to change it to..TFFFFL?...COKMM??..uhh..TFFCOKOSFFCMMFFL?..wha tever

Well, if that's the case, let's see if I can manage to get my FFL comics up here then. Ah ha! They fit! Just a fair warning though, you might end up having to increase the .gif attachment size when I go to put the other ones up...they started getting kinda big after a while, lol.

ahh those bring back memories zro . good times...well..yeah lol.

I have decided that if we do this avy thing, I will recoulor a BM sprite and use that as mine, not that there is much to colour on those things lol.

I have some screens of that Adom game that I seem to be insesidly talking about-very addicting . note that the '@'is your character and the small 't' are varius people.

The first is of my characters description, note that i chose to do that part randomly and boy was i jipped out lol. the second is of the world map of the game, or at least what I have explored with that character. The last is in a town. fear the mighty text graphics!

http://img144.exs.cx/img144/4203/adomscreen014ip.jpg
    http://img144.exs.cx/img144/2535/adomscreen025vl.jpg
    http://img144.exs.cx/img144/7465/adomscreen034is.jpg

Until now!

Yeah, well the good thing about those, is that I think the people involved (up until episode 4 or so) are all involved here at TFF as well. At 4 or so, I think it starts involving people who were only on SU....oh well, should still be enjoyable anyway. XD And yeah, there goes the limit kicking in on me XD. So no more till I can convince someone to up the size of the .gif attachments, lol.

Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast