Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: The Old Skool Cult of Kefka, bitches!

The Old Skool Warrior The Old Skool Cult of Kefka, bitches! LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Pictures? Or sprites? I've got every Kefka sprite known to man, but if you're wanting CG images, I can pull some together for you within the next couple of days. And I'll give you those sprites as well, just because. They don't take up very much space anyhow. My ENTIRE sprite folder is just 7.29 MB.

Dau, heh... I've been watching wrestling since before I could talk. I remember all of the ancient wrestling games... ever tried to play one on the NES? It's interesting, working with just two buttons.

Worst storyline? I'll have to agree with FFV for that one. Don't get me wrong, I'm really loving the game so far, but I'll agree that the story is deathly empty. I just wonder how many people realize that FFT probably wouldn't exist if it weren't for the ideas which spawned from FFV? (I'm guessing not too many.)

Currently Playing:
    WWE: Day of Reckoning, FFV
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Luccia
    Loco, you are god. I'll take everything you've got. Sprites, CG images, Amano art...whatever there is, I'll take it. I'm constantly searching for pictures to tag with. Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!

I searched Kefka on almost every search engine I know, and came up with complete crap. They were all either fan art or waaaaaay too small to use. As for using a CG picture or a sprite on this...I dunno....you guys tell me what you think would go best for this. The piccy shall go on the left hand side.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a_/cokcopy.jpg

Currently Playing: .hack//series, LoD, Sims: Bustin' Out, DBZ Budokai2 (I have way too much on my hands right now.)

Blog Entries
    I'm liking your banner idea; it's sharp. However, I would see it as more of a red background with yellow text, wouldn't you?

About those sprites and such, contact me in any of the following ways:
    AIM - LocoColt04
    Yahoo - JuliusCesar04
    MSN - [email protected]

Or, my favorite, email - [email protected]

Whichever method you choose, I'll hand over the relevant portions of my sprite folder (or the whole thing if you'd like) through a file transfer or an email attachment or whatever. You let me know, and I'll get it to you.

Currently Playing:
    FFV

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.

Dau. Call me Dau for short. Daura sounds...........girly.

Well, that explains everything for me, good to know. I was not aware that there were other people on this board that enjoyed watching "sports entertainment". Although, I don't enjoy it as much as I used to. The last days of WCW were the times I liked the most, with the New Blood and Natural Born Thrillers.

But...this is the Cult of Kefka.

I used to have a banner, but it's long since been deleted. It made use of the font called "Kefka".

Blog Entries
    I'm gonna have to look for that font. I'm sure I can find it somewhere. And why? Oh, I dunno... just to have another random font to mess with.

Currently Playing? My English paper... ouch.

We need a new topic.

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

Heh, there was a time that I didn't do anything English assignments at all, and still managed to get by. I think that was high school, although, look at me now.

I just recently heard about the re-release of FF3 on the Nintendo DS, and I, for one, am fairly excited. As much as I wanted to keep the game to myself (for some reason), I think it's good that it'll finally get proper recognition as part of the series. I'd really hate to see 10 year olds saying "Man, this game sucks. The graphics are bad and it's too easy." If I were ever to hear anyone say something like that, I'd probably rape them in the streets. But if I'm not mistaken, the same "fate" befell FFO. In the fact that the games were made easier than the originals. Of course, I'm just making this assumption, but that has been the case before. Except in the case of Ninja Gaiden. It kills your friends.

Currently Playing: Nothing. Holy shit! What the hell am I doing? It's very rare that I go on with life without playing a game in the meantime. Perhaps I'll have to pull out the old FF2j rom. Actually. Yeah. That's a good idea.

No worries, D, I'm currently playing nothing myself. I start a bunch of games and dont continue them. I should prolly get on with the 5th run through of FFVIII I started, but it's finidng time that's the problem.

College owns me now. That makes me cry :/

Back. For a while. Maybe.

By posting below this text you hereby pledge unquestionable servitude to Neo Necron

Don't let it own you! Take the power back! </RATM>

I myself have had my VG playing time cut down, now I only get in 2 or 3 days a week, if I'm lucky. Right now I'm playing Chrono Trigger. I can also say that it is probably my favourite game of all time. One of my first RPGs, and a damn good one at that. I love pretty much every aspect of the game. Battles, story, characters, music... Currently on the way to whip Dalton's ass.

Perhaps that could be our new topic. Favourite game of all time. Mind you, I can imagine it being a tough decision.

On a different note, here's a piece of shit I squeezed out today. Dau and Jed, flash version!

Maybe I've got something going on here.

Blog Entries
    *poke*

Flash version doesn't work... probably because it's an attachment. I even checked the properties, and it's listed as a JPEG image, just like the tag on the attachment. Perhaps you should host it somewhere? Because flash versions of anything are cooler than stills... even though all I ever do is non-moving stuff...

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

I guess I should've mentioned that I made it in Flash, and that it itself is not animated. The stuff is coming along pretty well, and perhaps OSA will make its move to a Flash cartoon sometime soon. No voiceovers though.

Who cares that it's not animated! Nucking Futs it rules XD
    it's nice to know an ole member is still thought of even if he takes leaves of abscenses...or leaves of his senses...which ever works for ya's LOL
    though I'm kinda disheartened of the SPACE between these posts..oh well, were all busy so what can ya do?
    "Knowledge, without mileage, is just Bullshit" - Henry Rollins

Blog Entries
    Oh no, I don't care at all that it's not animated. I was just thinking that it wasn't working right for me... or that there was an error or something.

Yeah, what can you do? I believe every single one of the original OSFFC and CoK members are in college (or out of high school or something) these days. We're too ****ing old for our own good, no?

Currently Playing:
    FFXI, Super Mario RPG

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

I dunno bout the other members or whatever , I know that i Personally am working 2 jobs now cause in January I'm moving cross country..but I'll be as active as i can till that comes..cause when it does theyre will probably be a good 2 week drop out of site.

Currently Playing:
    Geting my butt handed to me by Henry Rollins in Def Jam: Fight for NY, Civilization II
    "Knowledge, without mileage, is just Bullshit" - Henry Rollins

Blog Entries
    I think my favorite part of my new banner would be... THE OLD SKOOL FF-STYLE TEXT!!! w00t 4 t3h rawkness.

I promise I'll never leet-speak again, because it bothers me.

Between school, writing articles for the magazine, thinking up new articles for TFF, and leading some sort of a social life, I'm pretty busy myself. Not as busy if I had two jobs and a full course schedule, but... eh. I don't think I could do it right now. That's a LOT of work, you crazy bastard.

Currently Playing:
    Warcraft III, FFIIIj

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

Yeah, I work a job and work out. The rest of the time I'm just plain lazy. That's why I work out. I usually manage to come here at least once a day, although, I usually just browse. Saw the lunar eclipse last night, feel special...

In other news, HOLY SHIT THERE'S AN OSA PLOT!

And the first episode is below. For now. Once I get the site up, it won't be. Maybe I'll get a domain if it actually takes off, especially since the files are pretty big. Got the next 5 or 6 ones lined up.

Yay, Cesar is playing FF3j! Let me know where you are. And when you complete Nepto's Shrine.

EDIT: No attachment. I'm thinking of just 8-bitting the background as well. It'll cut down one the file size. Perhaps it won't look as ****ing ugly either.

http://www.geocities.com/oldskoolavengers/001.png
    Last edited by Dauragon; 10-28-2004 at 02:59 PM.

Blog Entries
    BRILLIANCE!!! I love it. The people around me laughed too.

...*wants to be an OSA-er one day*

I'm like... nowhere in FFIIIj. I just thought you should know. Okay, well, I'm not nowhere, but I also can't remember where I am off the top of my head. So there. I lose. You win.

In other news, new TFF? It's something to talk about.

You are all in for a treat. New schemes for the forums? Yes. Elemental schemes will be coming along soon enough. Favorites like Fire, Ice, and Bolt (which may be called Lightning), as well as some of those more new skool elements, like Aero, Dark, and Light. Though we sorta already have a dark scheme. Well... I'll figure it out.

IF I opt to put together FF-based schemes, old skool is at the top of my priority list. Those FFX fanboys can eat it, because they're not the ones doing up the schemes. They'll get theirs when they get theirs... IF they get theirs. Yeah, not completely sure about going into those. I might wait off on them until December, when I have time. They'll require more effort, you know.

Umm... yeah, so I have nothing to say.
    But I'm on the TFF staff list now!
    *sticks out tongue and runs*

Currently Playing:
    FFXI, Tony Hawk's Underground 2 (on GC)

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

Luccia
    Sorry I haven't been around for awhile. All that annoying shit called "life" has been going on. I hate it. I'm fairly new, so I'm sure you all dealt fine without me, though. ^_^

So, Loco, you're playing FFIII. Honestly, I'm ashamed to say I haven't heard much about it. *slaps own hand* I could look something up, but I don't want to ruin anything about it if I read the wrong thing. I don't really have the money to get my hands on a copy of it, and I don't have the room on my compy for an emulator. Anyone care to give me a quick rundown of it, without spoiling anything?

Oh, and that new scheme sounds awesome. Be sure to keep us updated on how it's coming!

Currently Playing:
    The game of life. I wish it had save points.

Blog Entries
    Wellllllll.... that's because you CAN'T buy FFIII. Anywhere. Except Japan.

Though it's being ported over onto the Nintendo DS, which means people outside of Japan can finally enjoy it legally! As far as telling you things about it, well.. I don't really know much. Ask Dau or Dawes. They'd know plenty, as well as how to avoid spoilers. Coincidentally, take a risk and check out one of the threads in FFI-III.

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

Alright! FFIII rundown!

FFIII was the first game in the series to introduce the job system, which was probably the biggest allure this game had to me. I'll post the text at the beginning (translated version), which is the best way of not spoiling anything.

"The Gurgan quietly spoke...
    This earthquake is but an
    omen. The tremors that pulled
    the crystals into the earth
    and brought forth monsters
    are nothing compared to the
    Darkness that is to come...

But, hope is not yet lost.
    Four souls will take up the
    quest of the Light.

Four orphans have been
    raised by the priest Topapa
    in the remote village of Ur.

A Crystal has sunk into the
    earth due to the earthquake,
    and the four boys have come
    in an adventurous mood.

They had only intended to
    test their courage..."

So that's pretty much the background information. The game pretty much revolves around finding the crystals, and in turn, getting new jobs. The best jobs are obviously the last ones that are received (Ninja and Sage), while the first are not the best. I wouldn't say the worst, because I know that Dawezy managed to keep a Red Wiz going for a long time. There are several instances in which an airship is used as well, and the last one that's used is pretty kickass. I can't really say much else about it, other than play it. I've got an English rom myself, with no bugs in it (I haven't seen any), and perfect translation (for the most part.)

There's also a second episode of OSA. Next one will be on the site, so just keep checking back.

Currently playing: Chrono Trigger, I suppose. Finished the Black Omen in 1000 and 600, and now levelling up before Lavos, like it's needed.

http://www.geocities.com/oldskoolavengers/002.png

Actually, since, to my knowledge, FF3 isn't yet licensed in America (I'll f*cking kill Nintendo and/or Squeenix if it is) then it's perfectly legal to have a ROM of the game.

And uhm... if it is, then that's one more illegal thing my hard drive has. >_>; *looks at Photoshop*

Though, on the idea of FF3, I like it more than 1 or 2.

I watched a special on Tech TV yesterday on the Final Fantasies, and the OFFICAL excuse for why America never got the official II and II is because the SNES was already out and they figured it'd be a waste to market an outdated game.

Then of course FFV was deemed too difficult for us stupid Americans.

Blog Entries
    Episode two? Excellent. I liked Ep1 a bit more, just for the hinted violence, but the pure idiocy in Ep2 makes up for that.

And Sean, I suppose you're right about FFIII. Yay for legal illegal items! *hugs FFIII rom*

Luccia, are you certain you don't have room on your computer for an emulator? My entire ROM folder (3 emus and 25 games) is only 93MB. That's like... nothing. The NES emulator and FFIII alone combine for 1169kb. That's just about 1.2MB, and I'd certainly hope you have that much room on your computer.

Dawezy and I have plenty of sites, but should you choose to go the ROM route, ask us away from the forums... because giving information like that is somewhat against the rules, and not the brightest thing in the world to do anyhow.

Currently Playing:
    English paper, Comm extra credit

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

Luccia
    Thanks for the FFIII stuff, guys. I 'preciate it. *ish an old-skool rookie*

If an emulator really doesn't take up that much space, I'll have to look into getting one. I just figured it'd be alot larger than that....I need to quit being lazy and start looking into things before I assume.

So, I have a new topic! It's not a very signifacant thing, but me and some friends were debating it the other day. The remakes of FFI and II for PS1 had, as I'm sure you all know, upgraded graphics. Do you think this took away from the older charm of the games, made them better, or do you not care?

I for one, usually don't care how the graphics of the game are, I play for storyline, etc. I wish they would've kept the original graphics for this though, because I just wanted to play the game in its original state. This, of course, was before I knew I could get the original on the compy.

Currently playing:
    GTAIII. I used to think I hated car games....'till this. I'm addicted.

Well, even if you don't have the HDD space I can (and will gladly) copy my favorite NES Emulator to floppy and an FF3 translated ROM and mail it to you (You live in MO, right? I'm in St. Louis.) so that'd be no problem for me.

*checks Emu folder*

895 MB... but I have 3 PSX ROMs I've ripped myself. >_>;;;

*checks NES folder*

FCE Ultra, the emulator I prefer, is 964 KB, the FFIII ROM I have is 327 KB, so that's the size of a floppy disk (just SLIGHTLY under 1.44megs)

If you have MP3s, delete one, that'll free up plenty of space for the ROM and Emulator.PM me on the boards and I'd be happy to send.

As far as the upgraded graphics from FFI and II from 8bit NES to 16bit SNES, I enjoyed it, not to mention they fixed the auto targeting feature, or lack thereof, for FF1, which was my main peeve. This is the only upgrade of graphics (from one bit depth to another bit depth but still 2D) I'll ever accept.
    Currently playing: Nada.

Luccia
    Yup, I'm in a small MO town, unfortunatly. It's up above Springfield a little bit, if someone from St. Louis even knows where that is. It's a flyspeck compared to where you live. I appriciate the offer, but seeing some of the places Loco sent me, I dont think the d/l will be a big deal. ^_^ Thanks, though.

Yargh, not quite sure what inspired me, but I fired up a game of FFVI again. And FFIV too for that matter. I'm playing ROMs this time tho, as my PS2 is getting old before it's time and rejecting a number of my games now. Please, if you're reading this, have a minutes silence in memory of my PS2.

Anyhow, I can now add things to a 'currently playing' list. Because I'm playing games again... huzah!

Back. For a while. Maybe.

By posting below this text you hereby pledge unquestionable servitude to Neo Necron

Blog Entries
    *kicks Joe's PS2*
    This is old skool, BITCH! ^_^
    *caresses own PS2 and sticks in FFIX*

Major points for you and the recent game playage, because that's always a plus. You know, it's a shame I can't just plug ROMs into my SNES. That would be lovely.

Currently Playing:
    FFIX

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

Luccia
    Hey NN, is your PS2 rejecting DVDs, also? Mine won't take PS1 games, purple backed games(No Okage...poo!), or DVDs. A friend of mine told me to just open it up and spray it out with a can of air. Apparently this worked on his.

I haven't tried this yet, I haven't had time to take it apart. You might try it though, good luck.

Currently playing:
    Just finished Jak and Daxter. Lame, I know, but I'm a sucker for those sorts of games.

Blog Entries
    Hey, there is NOTHING lame about Jak and Daxter.

...we need a new topic. If I think of something, I'll edit it in. Otherwise, whatever anyone else comes up with first is fair game.

Currently Playing:
    Soul Calibur II (GC), Baten Kaitos

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

Luccia
    ^_^ I'm glad you don't think J&D is lame, Loco. I don't feel so wussie-ish now. Some of my guy friends give me crap for my love of those sort of games. I've played every Spyro, Sly Cooper, and alot of those sorts of things. Heh...I luffs Klonoa2.

As for a subject, I'm going far out of the way general again. What do you guys think of "reincarnated" games? Those games such as Shinobi. I hated the reincarnation craze a while back. I remember playing Shinobi waaaaaaaaaay back. I know I was still in diapers when most of the old games came out, but I still played them once I was old enough to know how. Redoing those sorts of games is a ripoff to me. There are some things you just shouldn't redo. Some old songs...some old movies, and old video games. No one should redo the classics.

Blog Entries
    You mean reincarnated games like GTA? I could understand GTA2... but what's the point in GTA3? GTAVC? GTASA? Okay, I told everyone not to get pumped up about GTASA because it would be worse than VC with a couple new vehicles, and they all kept telling me that I was a stupid faggot for not being excited about that game. And what happened now that it's out? I was completely right, and they all complain about wasting their money.

I think reincarnations SUCK. I could understand porting an SNES game to the GBA, perhaps, because that's a different concept. But when game makers recreate games and smack on a different title, that's just not cool. Sorta like how SquareEnix is whoring out FFVII to all of its fanboys. They're going to make millions just because of all the kids who don't realize that most of the products will be complete shit. The point is, it has FFVII in the title, and people will buy it. I won't.

Currently Playing:
    Baten Kaitos, FFIIIj

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast