Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: The Old Skool Cult of Kefka, bitches!

The Old Skool Warrior The Old Skool Cult of Kefka, bitches! LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, CID, hmm...

No.

Not yet, anyway. Granted, you're not a total spam-whore, but until you can show me some more intuitive posting around here (and I mean all of TFF, not just Narshe), I'm gonna have to reject your inquiry. I actually had a formal complaint about you because you "post-whored all of the old threads and put the newer ones on page two" right here in Narshe. I won't tell you the who or the where, because that's not your business. The point is, if I had been here to see it myself, I would have stopped you. But I wasn't. And apparently, to my knowledge, you've been doing the same thing in many other parts of this forum. In all honesty, I could and probably should issue you a formal warning for your activity, but I won't. Consider this a pre-warning, because I'm in a good mood.

If you've got a problem with this, then you have two options.
    • Stop posting in every single thread you come across, because people hate that.
    • Post up some truly intelligent things, and prove that you're not what you've led us to believe you are -- a thread-whoring spammer.

See? I told you we could be cruel. It's right up there in the first post.
    But seriously, could you work on that? I, along with many others, would appreciate it.

Currently Playing: Tales of Symphonia, Soul Calibur II (GC)

edit:
    Dear CID,
    I regret to inform you that my once-existing good mood hath expired. Upon reading every thread you have posted in here in Narshe, I have found only two posts worth reading. Everything else was either off-topic, lacking depth, or really stupid. And the fact that you had the gall to ask if celes_ff6's one-word post was spam and follow it up with pure stupidity is absolutely appalling to me. I take back what I said earlier. YOU HAVE OFFICIALLY BEEN WARNED. Strike one, my friend. You really haven't done much to counter that post-whore rep you've got going for ya.
    Last edited by LocoColt04; 07-20-2004 at 09:16 PM.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

School? Bah! What has school ever done for KC?

If he doesn't come back, I'll never forget the basted. He was the one who introduced me to 8BT.

I started up another game of FF6 a couple of days ago, and got royally raped by Atma, doesn't suprise me though, my levels are borderline pitiful, and I've been fairly stingy with my money. Too bad the only decent place to level up was the cave to the sealed gate, and now it's gone. Of course, I could always fight Intangirs on triangle island, and get mauled by meteo. Guess I'll just have to wander around the floating continent for a bit.

In my FF3j game, I just remembered how damn annoying it is to do Nepto's shrine.

Good way to lay down the law Colt.

Blog Entries
    Eh, I do what I can.

And it's a shame all of those crazy nazi's are jumping on you for the whole gay thing. your opinion is your opinion. Someone forgot to tell me when those girls were promoted to "God" status. I must have missed it entirely.

I say you should take a look at Pete's feminazi thread in GC and spread the word that not all guys are horny bastards -- even guys who don't like gays. You know you were originally the target, and that whole thread was a spinoff of how Eve was treating you. Congrats, you're the start of a revolt. Let's watch them try to overthrow us old members, and then laugh as they fail. <insert evil laugh here>

Also, I remember getting raped by Atma every now and again. I don't always play to level up. It hurts sometimes. But hey, there aren't many great places to level up in the WoB, so I suppose sticking with the Continent will have to do for now. Besides, it's decent experience, and not too hard.

Currently Playing: Tales of Symphonia, FFVII PC

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.

Heh. Doesn't bother me all that much. I find it rather funny how they all ganged up on me. As that guy in the Two Towers (I think) says,

"Let them come."

I'll give them another week before their driven out. I remember someone named Desecrate, I believe, who was quite similar. I think she was banned though, mainly because she was very, very extreme in her opinion, and bashed other people. Nick and Pete got really pissed off at her. At least I know Nick did, I think he banned her.

'Tis odd, I went back to fight Atma, and rather than casting defensive spells, I just went all out, Shuriken, Drill, AuraBolt, Dispatch (aaaah yeah, kickass party. ) Eventually, Edgar and Cyan died, but two more Shurikens and a blitz later Atma was toast.

Blog Entries
    We need another topic, damnit.

...someone, come up with something. I'm too hungry at the moment to think.

Currently Playing: FFVI, Zelda II: Link's Adventure

...............................okay, I'm not hungry anymore. I have ice cream.

But I still can't think of a topic. My mind isn't working right. Anyone?
    Last edited by LocoColt04; 08-04-2004 at 11:36 AM.

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

Lady Succubus The Old Skool Cult of Kefka, bitches! Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A topic you say? Well, I'll try my best to bring one up.
    So far we've talked about...the club being alive again, fave villian, so now...I shall bring up the discussion of "Favorite Storyline" of any game. Not just FF, but all those other games that are out there. Even the ones that aren't very popular.

Not one of those typical "i like this 1 cuz its kool" responses. Fully thought out sentences and reasons *why* you favour that storyline over others.

PIck a villian, any villian.... Delita from Tactics, if thats old skool enough..... he wasn't that evil in the first place....... Oh well. He looked cool. That is the determining factor with villians, really...

Oh yeah, and...uhh... Can I join?

ABUSE OF POWER, SIGNED ALISYN

Blog Entries
    Yeah, you can join. Most of the time, you're pretty intelligent, and about half of that time, you're being mature so... that's good enough. Besides, you're evil enough.

Great old topic, but you're behind. 30 posts per page? I do 40... more at once.

So, favorite storyline of any game, huh? That's a REALLY hard decision... so I suppose I could go on about a few different games. Just one for the moment though. I'm gonna go with Secret of Mana as one of them.
    the SoM handbook

My friends, I come to you today to tell you what you must know to fulfill your quest and save our world. I have little time. Long ago, when the ancient ones grew powerful and used the energy of Mana to threaten the gods, they were struck down in violence and terror. A great hero weilded the mighty Sword of Mana to destroy the civilization of the ancient ones. After that, peace returned to our troubled world, and the Mana energy that gives life to us all was again in balance.

The Sword of Mana was buried in a rock and placed in a stream to guard a nearby village. There, it patiently rested until the day it was pulled free by you, young man. You are the one being who can release the Sword's power and restore the Mana to our once more endangered world. You have been born to seek out our enemies, who threaten the eight Seeds of Mana. If they succeed in breaking the seals that guard those Seeds, they will bend the power of Mana to evil and ravage our world. It is Mana that fills us and surrounds us, nourishing all life, balancing the good and evil forces of nature. If it should be twisted and overwhelmed by dark forces, most of our world would be annihilated. Whatever survived would be hideously warped beyond recognition.

A vision has shown me that you are the ancient hero of our land, returned to us again in our great time of need.

Seek out the eight Palaces of our world. Long ago, one Mana Seed was set in each Palace and its power used to seal the Palace off from all danger. But now the forces of evil beseige the Palaces and are breaking down the seals to steals the Seeds. You must find the eight Seeds and seal their power so you can use it. When you touch a Mana Seed, its Orb transfers to you, and you become stronger. Only then will you be able to wipe away the smear of evil that darkens our world. Do not despair, and never give up hope. Combine sword skill and magic arts. Return the Energy Orbs to the Tree of Mana and restore balance to our world.

You must succeed, Or we are surely lost..
    Sure, the backstory sounds like any other game, right? Okay, so maybe you're right. And the script? The script was ridiculously cheesy, but it reflected the dialogue of the early 90's. I'm not sure if that's good or bad, because it took the game somewhat out of its supposed time context. Nevertheless, it was something the producers felt was worth risking, and the game's a pretty good one. Oh, and SoM isn't FF, so that's a reason I started with it.

Currently Playing: hasn't changed in the past 15 minutes
    Last edited by LocoColt04; 08-04-2004 at 12:27 PM.

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

Heh, reminiscent of the old Old School FF Club. Dead.

People post more in FFXII than in FFOrigins, and it isn't even out yet.

Pathetic.

Yes, we need a topic. Preferably one I care to answer.

Blog Entries
    Heh, yep, all too familuar eh Dau?

As far as thrashin the Old School goes, however, ive been doing that FF3j game on and off.. i think my character is around LV80 now.. maybe more.. the stats are very bloody nice, i also did a copy of FFOrigins from an ISO i recently downloaded.. took a few tries before i backed up the damn thing right. Psiko would be proud of me though i put a RDM in meh party and he is going quite well, w00t, ive also been playing FFXI like a crack addict lol.

I'll take a stab at the topic J suggested, heh.

Although Golbez turned out to be a *kind of* good guy.. when he was being an evil mofo and kick Cecil's ass at every possible moment, he was a cool villian for the duration that he was in the spotlight..
    SPOILER!!:

^_^

The Lost Writer The Old Skool Cult of Kefka, bitches! Psiko's Avatar
    Dawezy, you forget the whole Kain beteraying his best friend multiple times before we find out that Kain is really under Golbez' control who is really under Zeromus' control. Yeah, that is complex and incredibly awesome.

Best storyline, eh? Wow...that is hard...I'm sure a few of you have seen the impressive list of games I've played so you know how difficult this is for me to choose just ONE. Hell, choosing fifty greatest games was hard enough, lol.

With that said, I'll pass on that question for a while. I just wanted to add some action in this thread, lol.

Current games being played:

Final Fantasy XI
    Uniracers
    Breath of Fire III
    The 7th Saga
    Killer Instinct

Soon to come:

Final Fantasy Tactics (When I get around to borrowing it, lol)
    OLD SKOOL - A positive appellation referring to when things weren't flashy but empty of substance, were done by hard work, didn't pander to the lowest common denominator, and required real skill. Labour-saving devices, shortcuts that reduce quality and quitting before the task is done are not characteristics of "old skool."

In reference to computer games, refers to a game that had substantial playability without flashy graphics or eye candy. Old skool gamers appreciate difficult maneuvers, careful planning, and scorched earth policies.

In reference to role-playing games, old skool refers to games that tested players' wits, could kill off careless characters, and required dedication and inner strength to play. Old skool games didn't pander to the ideas that everyone is created equal, that all options are open to all races, that the markets were somehow free, and that a quasi-medieval society could have near 100% literacy.

See also classic.

Representing the Old Skool ways since 1984.

.Axel.
    If I don't get into the Bad guys club I want to be apart of this one the Classic Final fantasy's are my favorite one's FF1,2j,3j,4,6 all of them..and I'm old my self and I've been here for three months and haven't tried anything and I think I want to...please it would be a honor to join this...that's if I don't join the Bad guys club.

Blog Entries
    Well, if that's the case...

Come back later. Since you being here seems to depend upon getting into EBG or not, then just come back when you find out whether or not you're in. Simple, eh?

Currently Playing
    FFIX, FFT, Tactics Ogre

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

Erk, I almost forgot about this thread, sorry peeps ^_^

Whee, I finally finished FF:CC recently. Nice all round game, and I've decided, I want a forum for it
    But that's not old school. I'll talk about old school now.

I should go back to my game of FFV. Beaten it once, yes, but bout a year ago I strated a second time. I got all way to X-death at the very end, until I realised I forgot to the the Genji armour... blegh. Plus I'm only at something crappy like level 40.... I beat him easily at 45ish I think first time round, so I thought I could swing it 5 levels earlier.
    The I realised it was partially genji equipment that helped, I did a bad

That would make interesting discussion, wha's one of your biggest and most idiotic screw ups in an old school FF? *points to previous paragraph and cries*

Back. For a while. Maybe.

By posting below this text you hereby pledge unquestionable servitude to Neo Necron

Blog Entries
    Oh man, heh...

FFTactics owns my soul. I'm still near the beginning of chapter two, and I can't for the life of me beat the fight in the slums after Mustadio's been captured. Every single time, I lose my uber black/time mage, and I can't get to her in time to save her. Very frustrating. I thought it might have been my equipment, but that's not the issue. People asked me if it was the summoners that were killing me; no, actually... it's the archers.

Then I realized that I should go kill the archers first. >_<;;

Currently Playing
    FFT, FFT:A

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

Quote Originally Posted by Dawezy
    Heh, yep, all too familuar eh Dau?
    Very. On a different note, I had some free time and threw together the piece of shit that is now my avatar. Might start a series or something.

I heard that Tactics Advance is good, but I'm not sure if I want to buy an SP just yet. Besides, I wouldn't have time to use it either. Although, if my local EB has the original for the PSX, I'll look into getting it. I also want to find a copy of FF7 for the Playstation, because the one I have for the comp is very scratched up and don't work.

Level 80 in FF3j...damn....I've never bothered to go that high. DarkCloud can be a bitch when below level 50. Hell, Zande can be a bitch below level 50. One of the reasons I prefer getting high levels, removes the challenge.

Blog Entries
    You could always do what Dawezy and I do... be a bit illegal about it. Though I've actually got the FFT:A cartridge, it's much more fun with the ROM because there are No Law cheats and such... takes away some of the ridiculousness.

Currently Playing
    Soul Calibur II (GC), FFI

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

.Axel.
    The EBG Club doesn't want me they responded to my Ad there and theres no way, and I'm More Old fashion than Evil anyway I love all thats Old, I would love to be a Member to this Club, I never Beat FFV it's Impossible and I was Lvl 99 to and still couldn't beat him I tried everything,
    I had max Elixir's and everything still couldn't beat him if he was dead I could just do Elixir's on him and do 9999 over and over but he's not Dead so I can't beat him but I got everything else in the game except beat that Crystal dragon in the treasure in the final place that dose 5000 to 7000 points of damage on me so I couldn't beat him.
    Last edited by .Axel.; 09-13-2004 at 02:31 PM.

Blog Entries
    Hmm... okay, why not? I'll give you a shot. I just have one request -- can you break up your sentences a bit more? That's quite a mouthful you wrote there.

Anywho, nothing new to update for the club, so I'll just get back to writing that essay for English and such... stupid college.

Currently Playing
    English paper, FFIV

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

.Axel.
    Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by .Axel.
    Thanks!
    And do bigger posts, damn.

On a kind-of topic though, i have to applaud Dau and his avatar.. lmao! i demand that you send me a sprite sheet of all those OSA ones, so i can put them to use if i reaaaaaly gotta.. a banner or summit? maybe even make an avy like that one, lmao. Still, Rucking Focks!

Playing : Final Fantasy XI, Duke Nukem - Manhattan Project
    SPOILER!!:

^_^

I thought you'd get a kick out of it. The Elvis/Arkaine one was being cut short, so I decided to make my own. Eh, maybe I'll start up the OSA in my spare time, and put it on the FF3j site that I'm working on. I'm just too damn lazy when it comes to that stuff. I've had all the game info for awhile now, I just can't be bothered to put it in HTML.

One of these days.

Sprites are as followed: Dau, KC, Dawezy, Jed, Dark Dawezy, Flame.

Lady Succubus The Old Skool Cult of Kefka, bitches! Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sorry for not posting actively in here. But I like those FF3 sprites.
    I have a lonnnng arse sprite sheet of the original FF3 ones, though. Not recolors. =\
    But oh well. I haven't made web comics in so long. I have too much work to do...that I should be doing. ^_^;

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Axel's PM to me
    I was just wondering how things are, I notest that you never made me part of that Fake club so I'm not posting there any more unless some one says something about it, this forum has become useless
    over the weeks have you seen that?
    ........aaaaaaand an attitude like that just got your ass kicked out.
    Goodbye and good riddance.

Currently Playing:
    FFV, WWE: Day of Reckoning

Consider the smack, laid down.

I really wish I wasn't such a lazy bastard, then we'd have over 100 OSAs, my website would be complete, etc. I'm guessing that that kind of stuff isn't really important to me, since I never have the time to do it.

Bah, short post. I am playing another game of FF3 though, so that I can write my walkthrough as I go along.

Luccia
    Uhm..hey. I was wondering if I could join, because this club seems damn awesome. There's nothing I love more than a good little bit of evil every once in awhile. *nod* I'm not really sure how evil I'm considered here at TFF, but here in the real world I'm usually damn evil. Anyway, most religious groups consider me so. *maniac grin*

Yes, and you guys talk about good things, I've noticed. Interesting things.

Blog Entries
    Eh, sure. Why not? But pull an Axel and I'll have give you the royal untreatment, hmm? In any case, I see no harm in it. Our conversations usually revolve around some aspect of one of the old skool FF games, but sometimes waver to other old skool items, and sometimes completely irrelevant topics altogether. I'm sure you've seen that just by skimmming through. If you'd seen the original clubs (before your time), you'd have more of an idea what I'm aiming at here. Now I know we're not the most active of "clubs" around here, but we're always sane, and that's what matters. Or perhaps we're insane, being the Cult of Kefka. Something like that.

Jay, in reference to your PM, it took me a couple hours to adjust to the new system in Day of Reckoning. It's a lot like the N64 systems, but with the different controller. Also, counters are impossibly hard, and I'm getting really good. But that's all beside the point, because it's not old skool.

In any case, was I saying something? Hmm, I'll just jump right into the topic on-hand then. Those FFIIIj sprites kick ass. Was that all? Oh, okay.

*thinks about something new*

Luccia, you come up with something. Consider it your first task.

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

Luccia
    Yay! Thanks, Loco. And don't worry about me pulling an Axel...I don't think I could bring myself to act like that if I tried.

So, for my first task! Well, I saw that someone had already asked about the best old skool storyline. What about the worst old skool storyline, be it FF or other?

I have a game for Genisis called "Zool", in which you are a little black alien thing that crash lands on a foreign planet.....made completely of candy and cookies and sweet stuff. And you just have to fight your way through this toothache of a world. That's all there is to it. I thought it was horribly lame, and I have yet to play or hear of something worse.

Currently Playing: .hack//series, Drakengard
    Last edited by Luccia; 09-22-2004 at 08:09 AM.

That's crazy Cesar, I had no idea you were a fan of wrestling games. Me, I've been watching the WWF since I was a little kid, so it's kind of grown on me. I still have WM2K and No Mercy, although, I don't play them as much anymore. Smackdown 5 has taken their place. Oh my it's sweet. The CAW system is incredible, though it does have its limits, as always.

Luccia, I have a question. Do you have a kid? It's just that I've seen hints here and there, and would like to know just what's going on.

Worst storyline...hmmm...

For this one I usually say FF5, and it did have a fairly empty story, especially after what 4 brought to the table. It seemed like an experiment with the job system on the SNES, and a damn good one at that. The storyline just wasn't compelling enough. And Shinryu is stilled damned annoying.

Luccia
    Yup, Daura, I have a midget. He is..lets see....*finds out today's date* eight weeks old today. I'm soooooo proud of him! He's a cute little bugger. Alot of people don't like the fact that I'm a teenage mom, but I say f*ck'em. Matt and I love our cute little baby boy. Its hard for us--supporting Treize, going to school, and working, but he's well worth it. We're a happy family. ^_^

Anyway, more on subject.
    I have FF5, I got it with FF6 in the anthology pack for PS1. But...before I got even a quarter of the way through it, my lil' bro scratched it up so bad it wouldn't play. What I did get through seemed horribly lame, though. I was hoping it might get better, but according to what you say, it doesn't, lol. I'll probably still try to get another copy, so I can own every FF! Yup, that's one of my goals in life..to own every FF. So far, I'm missing III, IV, XI, and X-2.

Currently playing: .hack//series, LoD, Sims: Bustin' Out

Edit: I was just goofing off in PS, trying to get better at making sigs. I used CoK as a subject for one, not to use, just to practice. Problem is, I don't have any good pictures of Kefka to use for it...do any of you have one?
    Last edited by Luccia; 09-26-2004 at 04:20 PM.

Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast