Thread: Guidelines and Rules

The Quiet One Guidelines and Rules Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Guidelines and Rules

After something like ten years of existence or however long the club forums have been around I've decided to make a thread for this. Before I never really saw it as something necessary since the rules were pretty much the same as the rest of the forum and the rest were covered briefly in the registration thread. Do note that I'll be removing most of the rules from the registration to get that redundancy out as this thread will be handling it all.

Last thing to note before I get to the rules and rest. This thread will also provide you with advice and suggestions on what clubs are allowed and are not allowed. Do keep in mind that the things that are allowed will just be examples and not the limit of what is allowed. So please just think of them as help to finding what is possible. I don't know what everyone thinks, but my fear is that people feel that what is allowed is significantly smaller than what is actually allowed. So I want this to shed some light on how open the limits are.

Rules:
    1. All Forums still apply.
    2. Threads in the Club Forum (here after called Clubs) must be registered in the Club Registration and approved by the Club Forum mods before being created.
    3. The Club creator is considered the Club Leader.
    4. The Club Leader is allowed to create any rules within the club so long as they do not cancel or void the Forum Rules or Club Rules.
    5. The Club Leader position can be passed on if the the club members come to the agreement that the current Club Leader is no longer able to maintain the duties (i.e. if they are very inactive or managing the club poorly).
    6. Any club inactive for two months will be closed. If the Club Leader or members wish to have to re-opened please contact the moderators.
    7. There cannot be duplicate clubs.
    8. The spam rule here has been lessened significantly, not the level of the spam forum, but something that isn't going to be strictly enforced unless you abuse it.

Advice, Suggestions and Guidelines for Creating Clubs

The range of clubs is nearly limitless so long as you can make a good case to the moderator for approval. We make our judgments based on how active it will be and the likelihood of it to develop into spam. So long as you make a case that you'll not have spam there is a strong chance that we will approve it.

Think of clubs as being fan clubs or people gather with like minded interests. You can create a club about FFIV if you want, don't think that just because we have a forum already that you can't create one. Making clubs about shows, games, movies or hobbies are probably the easiest ideas to come up with and will nearly always be approved.

You can also make clubs for other activities within the forum. If you want to create a RP club that is perfectly fine to do. It will need a theme though to help focus the group.

I hope some of that helps to shed some light on the possibilities. If you have questions or concern please post and I'll answer them.

Clubs Not Allowed
    TFF Light Club
    TFF Dark Club

These are the only two clubs are not allowed to be club due to very significant history. What they more or less are, are clubs that gather people that want to do "good" things and do "bad" things. These two groups tends to clash greatly and end up breaking or nearly breaking a lot of the forum rules in the process. But understand that these are the only two clubs that are currently not allowed to be created. Everything else is open game.

Thank you!
    Last edited by Victoria; 05-09-2010 at 08:28 AM.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner