Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Anime Fanatics Club v3!

Est Sularus Et Mithas! Anime Fanatics Club v3! Selquist's Avatar

Re: Anime Fanatics Club v3!

Quote Originally Posted by Treize View Post
    Also, don't really feel pushed to watch GOSICK. Honestly, it's not the greatest. It's good, but the mysteries so far aren't that interesting. I might just be used to watching Detective Conan, though. =/
    I saw Detective Conan.... somewhere... before, and I instantly loved it. I don't remember how or when I got into it, but it is the kind of mystery show I really like. I'd like to sit down and watch it all from the beginning. I've never seen two consecutive shows before so I don't know if there is an overall plot (other than trying to get his body back) or just a string of mysteries. Regardless, the show is good.

As for the fillers... I don't like to skip them personaly. They tend to give a bit more insight to the characters sometimes. That, and I feel I might miss something otherwise. I would, however, like all the people doing the fillers to find better ways to fit them in. It seems like a whole new world where the original problems just fade away and the characters seem to forget it ever existed. That kinda bugs me.... quite a bit actually.

Anyway.... that's my unasked-for two cents!
    Last edited by Selquist; 02-21-2011 at 04:14 PM.
    Cpl, USMC

Currently Playing:
    Final Fantasy I
    Darksiders
    Fallout: New Vegas
    Magna Carta 2
    Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Recently Beaten:
    Dead Space
    Alan Wake
    Uncharted 2

Go with me, Exkaizer~ Anime Fanatics Club v3! Treize's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Selquist View Post
    I saw Detective Conan.... somewhere... before, and I instantly loved it. I don't remember how or when I got into it, but it is the kind of mystery show I really like. I'd like to sit down and watch it all from the beginning. I've never seen two consecutive shows before so I don't know if there is an overall plot (other than trying to get his body back) or just a string of mysteries. Regardless, the show is good.
    I like Detective Conan too. I think that the mysteries are pretty well thought out. There is an actual plot to Detective Conan, but maybe 1/20 of the episodes relate to the main plot. It does get annoying that you could watch more than 40 episodes and get nowhere plot-wise at times. Also, the anime only episodes seem quite a bit inferior to the manga based episodes. This makes me want to skip the filler, too. I mean, there is no possible way that I will catch up with the series if I don't skip some filler. =/ I feel like I've watched quite a bit already, but I'm still nearly 500 episodes behind.

GOSICK is different, though. It seems a lot more coherent and plot focused than Detective Conan.

I'm also going to finish up Death Note soon. I watched about half of it on Adult Swim a few years ago, but I stopped watching because I already read the manga. Now that I've forgotten some of the specifics, I'm really liking the anime. The part with L is obviously the best, but it is still pretty interesting afterward.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

The Quiet One Anime Fanatics Club v3! Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't know, but for whatever of my own idiotic reasons I value my time on the internet more than on TV. So if filler is happening on the internet I just stop watching until it gets back to canon. But if filler is happening on TV I'll sit through all of it regardless of how awful is actually, Naruto. >.> I can't really explain it, but that's what I've been doing with Naruto. Meaning that I need to get back to watching it again, but Bleach's canon episodes are wrapping up shortly. So I'm going to stop watching Bleach and flip over to Naruto. Waiting a couple of a weeks to do so isn't too big of a deal.

But Bleach is finally ending their longest running arc and quite possibly the longest running arc of any series. Though I suspect that even Tite might not consider it all one arc, but more like 2 or 3 arcs. But the reality is that it's one arc because aside from the whole training for three months the entire arc took place over the course of like a week, maybe? 300 chapters, 100 episodes for a week. >.>
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Ellipsis Anime Fanatics Club v3! Meigumi's Avatar
    Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

I've decided to join this club, since I've been recently getting back into reading manga and watching anime again.... Hopefully I'll get to be able to discuss and read up interesting topics. :>

1. How long have you been watching anime?
    More than at least 4 years, on and off.

2. What is or what are some of your favorite anime?
    Pokemon, Star Driver, Kuroshitsuji, Letter Bee, Yu-Gi-Oh, Angel Beats!, and many other anime with titles I can't remember....

3. What anime got you seriously interested in watching other anime?
    Ultimately, Pokemon.

4. How long have you been reading manga?
    Maybe 3 years, at least, on and off.

5. What is or what are some of your favorite manga?
    Dengeki Daisy, Kingdom Hearts(I, II, CoM), Reborn, and Pokemon Adventures.

6. Do you own any anime or manga?
    I don't own any anime, but I own very few manga--bits of Kingdom Hearts, Reborn, and others that aren't very popular.

7. Is there anything else you would like to tell us about yourself that relates to anime or manga? (Examples: What was your first anime/manga? Have you ever cosplayed? etc.)
    -My first manga was Pokemon, my first game was related to Pokemon, and my first anime was Pokemon. x'D
    -The first anime-related thing I drew was Pikachu, back in...Kindergarten? x3
    -The first trading cards I have ever had were of Pokemon
    -I still play Pokemon with Wi-Fi horribly, and loving the life of losing
    -The first anime movie ever to make me cry was Lucario and the Mystery of Mew (Pokemon).
    -I started to draw after my aunt drew Entei, as I watched a Pokemon Movie
    -I owned a shirt with Pokemon on it, but it was worn several years later, and discarded
    -When I watched Lucario and the Mystery of Mew again, I cried again
    -Even when everything started with Pokemon, I'm not a very huge fan. ^_^;
    -When I tied my hair up, I realized my hair resembled Sheena's from Tales of Symphonia.
    -To Taffy(Fate), I resemble Tear Grants from Tales Of Abyss, somehow
    -Related to above, I sing the Grand Fonic Hymn occasionally when no one minds me. The song was really short and simple, so it was the first song I was able to memorize.
    -I like pretty boys, because they're pretty, and I like anything that is pretty.
    -The genre I usually pick is comedy
    -The site I go to for anime or manga is Animefreak.tv or Zomganime.
    -Many more.
    .....And I also stole that cupcake.

TFF Family~:

Ice-cream loving brother Fate
    The great benevolent dark lord Elyon Demidias
    Lovable doll ViviMasterMage
    Soul Stealing, Chaos-loving, Pom-pom eating older brother Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    The Awesome and Dashing Thief, ethan
    The Stealthy Swordsman of Poetic Power, genome's blade

Badass Military Agent Anime Fanatics Club v3! Linus Li Lelouch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I don't know, but for whatever of my own idiotic reasons I value my time on the internet more than on TV. So if filler is happening on the internet I just stop watching until it gets back to canon. But if filler is happening on TV I'll sit through all of it regardless of how awful is actually, Naruto. >.> I can't really explain it, but that's what I've been doing with Naruto. Meaning that I need to get back to watching it again, but Bleach's canon episodes are wrapping up shortly. So I'm going to stop watching Bleach and flip over to Naruto. Waiting a couple of a weeks to do so isn't too big of a deal.
    I started out like that except when I watched about 30 filler episodes, I just skipped to the end of it, when it finally went back to the story before Shippuden came out. Didn't matter whether it was online or not, fillers are a waste of my time, that's when I pop in a game and play until they feel like getting back to the story.

I actually stopped watching Naruto altogether, I just read the manga now, think the last episode I seen was when naruto beat pain

~The will to not want anything in exchange for nothing~ *Your's truly Linus*

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Est Sularus Et Mithas! Anime Fanatics Club v3! Selquist's Avatar

I has the interwebs back again!! Life without my computer (though I use it mainly for streaming, is really boring!)

Side note: Got the new apartment. =) Trying to settle. Bills suck.

Ok, I obviously haven't done/watched/read anything anime or manga in a couple weeks. *tear* I'm looking forward to getting back into Naruto. Things are getting interesting, and I admit that I am very lost in Bleach now. I don't even remember exactly where I left off, which will make coming back to it rather dificult. Actually, i'm not looking forward to it so much now after that remark about a 100 episode arc. I might almost prefer to stab my eyeballs out. >.>

I think I'm going to push through Naruto until I catch up. Once that happens, it'll be time for SHORTER animes. It's really hard to sit through several hundreds of episodes I'm discovering. I'm almost getting bored with it all, so I have to take constant breaks. lol

Anyway, That's my 2 cents for now.
    Cpl, USMC

Currently Playing:
    Final Fantasy I
    Darksiders
    Fallout: New Vegas
    Magna Carta 2
    Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Recently Beaten:
    Dead Space
    Alan Wake
    Uncharted 2

Speaking of Naruto, I'm already on episode 77 of Naruto Shippuuden. It's amazing what skimming fillers and repeated scenes does. I could probably catch up in a few months, which I think is amazing considering I was over 200 episodes behind. I'm liking the anime, but it is pretty slow. The beginning of Naruto Shippuuden was almost unbearable, but it's looking like it will improve now. Catching up on long running series is a pain. I'm still so far behind in One Piece, Bleach, and Gintama.

I'm not sure if anyone will be watching the newly airing series during the Spring season, but I'll post the chart anyway.

http://thecartdriver.com/wp-content/...ng-2011-v3.jpg

I think the upcoming anime look promising. There are quite a few generic looking titles, but there are quite a few I'm looking forward to watching as well. I'm probably most looking forward to Deadman Wonderland, Ao no Exorcist, and Hen Zemi. There are others that look interesting, but I'll have to watch an episode or two to make an opinion.

What are your opinions?
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

Lady Succubus Anime Fanatics Club v3! Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Deadman Wonderland, Steins;Gate, Moshidora, Kaiji Season 2, Toriko, Sengoku Otome, Yugioh Zexal, Qwaser of Stigmata season 2.

I went through the chart and pulled out these that I'm interested in, but first... I have to finish Kaiji season 1, Yugioh 5Ds, and QoS Season 1.

Still currently watching Dragon Crisis! and Gosick at the moment, pretty good anime's in my opinion.

One anime I need to go back to is Death Note, for some reason, the first time I watched it, I was pretty excited about it. Now though afterwards, I keep watching it, and for some reason the second season keeps pissing me off. I'm not too fond of what they did in this season.

I thought the storyline could have been a whole lot better but whatever, I guess it's up to whoever made the storyline to decide that. Maybe I'm just getting too emotional over the fact that Light is pure awesomeness, and what happened in the second season just angered me.

I always assumed Light was smarter than everyone but good lord.. This just upsets me...

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Anime Fanatics Club v3! Xanatos's Avatar

I'm watching Witch Hunter Robin right now, gone through eight episodes, and so far I'm loving it. Interaction among main characters gradually reveals their background in rather slow manner, hope this improves later on.

Story is focused on various cases, one per episode. Some are pretty much straightforward where you can guess the culprit, and what might happen, others are well thought and may caught you on surprise. One of few anime series I prefer to watch dubbed, voice acting is simply superb, animation quality as well, though character tend to look grouchy.

I also got my hands on Record of Lodoss War - Chronicles of the Heroic Knight, though that will have to wait for now.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    I'm watching Witch Hunter Robin right now, gone through eight episodes, and so far I'm loving it. Interaction among main characters gradually reveals their background in rather slow manner, hope this improves later on.

Story is focused on various cases, one per episode. Some are pretty much straightforward where you can guess the culprit, and what might happen, others are well thought and may caught you on surprise. One of few anime series I prefer to watch dubbed, voice acting is simply superb, animation quality as well, though character tend to look grouchy.

I also got my hands on Record of Lodoss War - Chronicles of the Heroic Knight, though that will have to wait for now.
    I thought Witch Hunter Robin was an excellent anime, at first my sister tried to get me to watch it a few years ago but I kept saying no, because I thought it was corny. Eventually I finally bought the series, and fell in love with it at the end,

Haven't seen Record of Lodoss War yet but I'm working on getting it.

Another anime I went back to watching, which I'm highly upset I even forgot about it was s-CRY-ed. Probably the best if not close to the BEST anime I EVER EVER saw. The main character is my favorite person ever. I'm currently re-watching it and falling in love with it all over again.

I highly recommend it to anyone and everyone.

Whistling Songbird Anime Fanatics Club v3! Asectic's Avatar

Hey guys, mind if I join again? I'll try to be as active as I can. That, and I really need some new anime ideas to watch/read.

grade twelve... more than five/six years?

Code Geass R1 and R2, Gundam Seed and Destiny, Rave Master, Pokemon.

Gundam Seed probably.

Same as I have been watching anime for.

Dengeki Daisy, Black Bird, Fairy Tail, Ouran High school host club, Kaichou wa-maid sama, Gentlemen's Alliance Cross, and many others.

One volume of Gentlemen Alliance, Tsubasa: Those with Wings, and Disgea 2

7. Is there anything else you would like to tell us about yourself that relates to anime or manga? (Examples: What was your first anime/manga? Have you ever cosplayed? etc.)

Gosh wow, I really can't say. I think my first anime was Digimon. And I haven't really cosplayed, sorry!

"Because I obviously haven't been on here for a while"
    - Said no one ever, 02/2020

>>>:

Oh hey there, thanks for opening! Here is a little section filled with my goodies here and there.

TIMELINE - Before 2019:

The Awesome Peeps (TFF Family):

Moogable
    Bleachfangirl
    Ekimeinna
    Treize
    Rocky
    Tiger Lily
    Unknown Entity
    FF Ace Cid-Silver
    Raider
    Secret Weapon

TIMELINE - 2020 and Onwards:

Music of the Week:
    Ginzen no Kaze (English Cover) - Jayn

Links:
    My DeviantArt Account

"It was nice meeting you!"
    - Said a second nobody ever~

Sure you can join, but I pretty much considered this club dead. I would keep participating, but it seemed like there was a general lack of interest, and I ran out of stuff to keep talking about because most people didn't seem to follow any current anime. I guess I can start a new topic and if people start coming back it'll work, but otherwise not so much.

So, the new topic will be the fall anime season. Here's a chart of what's airing:

http://neregate.com/blog/wp-content/...1-Anime-v6.jpg

So, which anime are people interested in? It looks like a really good season in my eyes, so I'll probably end up following ~10 shows. I'll elaborate more if other people end up posting.
    TFF Family:

Whistling Songbird Anime Fanatics Club v3! Asectic's Avatar

The anime Squid Girl 2 and Guilty Crown attracts my eye. I actually heard of Squid girl before, because it still aired in Korea. I think I'll watch it as soon as I'm finished with Zatch Bell.

Personally, I'd recommend this anime: Zatch Bell. To anyone who likes fantasy, fiction, and mad comedy. The beginning I found a bit draggy but it's a promising anime. The fighting and normal-life scenes are balanced, and personally Zatch is so childish and a wimp, which makes him so adorable. Anyone heard of this one?

"Because I obviously haven't been on here for a while"
    - Said no one ever, 02/2020

>>>:

Oh hey there, thanks for opening! Here is a little section filled with my goodies here and there.

TIMELINE - Before 2019:

The Awesome Peeps (TFF Family):

Moogable
    Bleachfangirl
    Ekimeinna
    Treize
    Rocky
    Tiger Lily
    Unknown Entity
    FF Ace Cid-Silver
    Raider
    Secret Weapon

TIMELINE - 2020 and Onwards:

Music of the Week:
    Ginzen no Kaze (English Cover) - Jayn

Links:
    My DeviantArt Account

"It was nice meeting you!"
    - Said a second nobody ever~

Riding the waves of adventure Anime Fanatics Club v3! RainingOasis's Avatar

Hey would it be cool if I joined? Your group looks pretty awesome. I'm not really active but I'll try to be active more than I am.

10 years
    Rurouni Kenshin and MAR
    I think it was cowboy bebop
    3 months
    Rurouni Kenshin
    Casshern Sins, Spiral, Rave Master, MAR, Karas, Bleach and Trigun
    I think my first anime was cowboy bebop, can't really remember. My first manga was Rurouni Kenshin
    Last edited by RainingOasis; 10-25-2011 at 08:00 PM.
    Enjoying the ride of life, one adventure at a time

Blog Entries

Yeah I watched Zatch Bell back when Toonami ran it on Saturday, though they never made it through the entire series. They got about half or 2/3 of the way through it. The character designs aside, it was an enjoyable series and I liked the Kyo was more of the book smarts type and not an athlete. So it made it more interesting, being the atypical Shounen hero.

I can't remember how long it has been since I posted here. I've watched a number of new things. I've been keeping up on my Bleach and Naruto. But I picked up new shows like Durarara, Puella Magi Madoka Magicka, Wagnaria, Baka to Test, Ichiban Ushiro no Diamaou, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, Kurau Phantom Memory, Gundam 00 the Movie, Descendants of Darkness, High School of the Dead and Deadman Wonderland. The new Last Exile series is starting and Funimation's got the first episode so I'm going to have to watch that.

Durarara is currently airing on Adult Swim, it is very good. It is presented a little differently than most shows in general. So it makes for a very interesting show. There are numerous "main" characters and their lives all seem not to connect, but events and stories happen that end up causing them to cross paths or just become involved in the same problem, just someone else in the course of the story. Some stories are often told from multiple points of view. Plus no one really is who they present themselves, something that I am really starting to learn the longer the show goes on. So it is very interesting seeing a new plot twist or new development in a character that you may not have seen for a couple of episodes. I'd definitely suggest watching it.

Puella Magi Madoka Magicka is a magical girl series that pretty much turn the entire magical girl genre on its head when it got released. If you read or hear talk about it, it is often said that it does for the magical girl genre what Evangelion did to mecha. Which is sometimes not far from the truth. Aside from being a very complex and constantly evolving story, the visuals are unique and amazing. As anyone that enjoys anime, they should watch it on the visual merits alone. I guarantee that you haven't seen an anime with this look before. The story make take a little to get into, but after the third episode you'll be hooked and they just keep throwing a new major plot twist every three episodes and wham moments happen usually at least once per episode. It is a real treat for anyone that enjoys magical girl series as well.

Wagnaria!! or Working!!, is an anime based off a 4-koma series, think of it like our daily comics in a newspaper. It involves mostly the working life of employees as a restaurant, but will sometimes follow them home. All of the characters are very different and distinct with their own personality quirks. It is in general a comedy, though they do some serious stuff once and a while. It is a lot of fun and I've been really enjoying it. They are currently running the second season (new) on Crunchyroll.

Baka to Test, is sort of a romantic comedy, though it does not initially present itself as one. It does become rather obvious that romance is one of the key elements. It involves high school students at a school with an unique system in place. Classes, not grades, are divided by ranking on test scores taken at the start of the year. Class A has the students with the highest scores and they receive the best equipment and teaching environment, while Class F has the worst students with the worst equipment if possible none at all. Additionally, all students are assigned an avatar that is a digital chibi representation of themselves. The avatar's strength is based on their test scores. And Classes can do battle with other classes using these avatars and if a lower class wins they can swap equipment/rooms or other things. The series follows Class F who challenge the higher classes in part to prove that grades are not everything. So there is a lot of tricks, politics, backroom deals and other things that happen. It is actually a very funny series and is available on Hulu both seasons.

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou is something that just started watching on Crunchyroll. It is Shounen action series with a heavy dose of fan service. It is about a time in the future where magic is as equally present in everyday life as technology is. The main character is a high school with good intentions wanting to become a positive force to improve the world, he wants to be the High Priest. However, when he transfers into the magic school the magic spirit that tells everyone their future occupation tells him that his occupation will be Demon Lord. So now he has half of the school terrified of him and the other half trying to kill him or use him. And he is just trying to convince everyone that he is not evil. It is rather enjoyable as a Shounen action series with harem tendencies.

The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya is the movie that takes place after the second season. It is something that I've been looking forward to since I saw the trailer announcing it in Japan like two years ago. For all of those that were disappointed by the second season the movie totally makes up for everything and is worth watching. It is 3 hours long though, so make sure you have the time to sit down and watch it. The short of it, Haruhi has disappeared and the world doesn't remember her. Kyon is the only one that remembers and he has to figure out what happened and where Haruhi is.

Kurau, I picked up the box set a while back on sale used. I've only got through half of it because I've been distracted, but it was an enjoyable watch. It takes place in the future where a girl is accidentally exposed to an experiment her dad is working on. The accident causes an alien lifeform to fundamentally restructure her body. She is no longer human on a biological sense, though she is still there in memories and as a person. Though the alien is there as well and a male. The show follows her life as an adult trying to stay ahead of organizations interested in her body and protecting another alien lifeform, the mate, to the male in her body.

Gundam 00 Awakening of the Trailblazer is the follow up to the Gundam 00 series. It does not do a lot to answer left over questions apart from what the "talks to come" meant. I found it a little weird, while enjoyable as a mecha and crazy over the top action, as a Gundam it felt lacking especially as a movie to 00, which instantly became one of my favorites for complex layered plots and great mecha design. It probably would have been better if they did not have aliens. Gundam series should never have aliens, Gundam has always been about human struggle and conflicts with themselves, not an external force. Leave aliens to other mecha shows.

Descendants of Darkness I watched on Sci-Fi, and it was a pretty enjoyable series. It had 3 or 4 arcs if I remember right, mostly connected by a single villain or loosely related single villain. It is different from other anime I've watched due to it having strong Shounen Ai leanings, it didn't reach yaoi, but was not for lack of trying. I figured since I had seen some Shoujo ai/yuri some time back I should balance things out with the other side of the scale. It is just harder to find Shounen Ai/Yaoi anime available on TV or DVD, the internet is another story. I never did see more than one episode of Loveless, so I didn't really count it as really seeing something Shounen ai related. The series itself is a supernatural detective show almost making me think of older Clamp works like Tokyo Babylon and X.

High School of the Dead is a zombie show set briefly in a high school, but mostly following a group of surviving high schoolers in Japan after the world suddenly goes infected. The reason isn't explored, though is questioned, but it is mostly about surviving. As a zombie story, it runs with your normal fare that you would expect, but it also has Gantz, Air Gear and Tenjho Tenge favor fan service. It's well animated and has some pretty interesting things going on, just prepare for the fan service. The comments on Hulu were highly entertaining to read between breaks. To also deals with the breakdown of human society and morals.

Deadman Wonderland, I've only watched a few episodes so far and been meaning to go back. It is a probably a Shounen Action series, but follows a high school student who's entire class but him was brutally killed in front of him, but some unknown supernatural man. The government and news brand the kid the murderer of his class and sentence him to death row in an unique prison system. To survive you have to earn points to buy medicine that resets your device that will kill you. Earning points is gained through participating in a weird amusement park where the public watches and has some lethality to some of the events. The kid also apparently was given some power during the encounter in his classroom which looks blood related.

That's been my time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikuzo View Post
    Hey would it be cool if I joined? Your group looks pretty awesome. I'm not really active but I'll try to be active more than I am.
    Yes, you can join.

I thought this club was dead, but since people've started posting again, I'll post what I've been watching and on some of the shows I've seen that other people have been watching.

I watched part of Zatch Bell too when it aired on Toonami, but I gave up on it after a while. It seemed pretty long, and the whole idea got repetitive, so I went on to something else. I actually really want to know how it ends, but going through over 100 episodes to get there can be a chore.

As for Andromeda, I watched/am watching most of those shows too, but I'll just comment on a few of them.

Durarara: I really liked this show at the beginning, but as I kept watching it, I didn't really like it as much. I really liked how everything was pretty mysterious and kept you guessing, but once everything was revealed, it lost its touch. I still think it's a great anime, but maybe the ending could have been executed a little better.

Puella Magi Madoka Magicka: You're completely right about this show. I really loved this one. The characters were interesting, and the plot was perfectly executed. It was a shorter series, so something major happened in every episode, and there was never a dull moment. It was a very atypical show, so it was really interesting to watch because most anime nowadays tend to be on the generic side.

High School of the Dead: I actually really liked this show too. There wasn't much to it, and it seemed to mostly be for the fanservice, but I thought it was interesting. There doesn't seem to be that many zombie themed anime, so it was a breath of fresh air, and I found the story to be very interesting. I'm really hoping there is a sequel to progress the story. It seems pretty hopeless for the main characters, but I'd like to see how it turns out.

Deadman Wonderland: I really have mixed opinions about this anime. It starts out well enough and is pretty interesting, but the ending completely throws everything off. It ends at a perfect spot for another season, so I hope it is continued. Right now, nothing is resolved, and major plot points are hinted at, but most things still don't completely make sense, and the main character is still in the dark about some things.

As for me, I've been watching a lot of shows, but they're mostly from the current season. They're not that far so I don't have a lot to say, but I'll recommend some for people that want to try out some new anime.

My top five right now would have to be: Mirai Nikki, Mawaru Penguindrum, Fate/Zero, Guilty Crown, Boku ha Tomodachi ga Sukunai (Haganai). These are some of the best anime I've seen in a while, so I recommend all of them.
    TFF Family:

Riding the waves of adventure Anime Fanatics Club v3! RainingOasis's Avatar

O sweetness, Thanks!! High School of the Dead, I've actually been meaning to watch that for some time now but keep putting it off. Zatch Bell I remember that show, I used to watch it when it was on toonami also but got busy with other things and forgot about it eventually. It was pretty good from what I remember about it.

Casshern Sins is the one of the animes I would recommend.

Story: Takes place in a ruined world where robots are able to die due to the main characters actions (don't worry this isn't a major spoiler)

Characters: Probably the best character depth I've seen before, you can actually feel what they're going through.

The ending to the anime was really well done, sorry for not giving much information about it but I don't want to ruin it for people.
    Last edited by RainingOasis; 10-26-2011 at 12:51 PM.
    Enjoying the ride of life, one adventure at a time

Chief Inspiring Officer Anime Fanatics Club v3! Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A...very...long...time. About 14 years.
    Black Butler, Naruto, Samurai X, Deathnote, Bleach, and a whole lot more.
    Dragonball z, I think, though I did watch sailor moon for a spell...
    Several years.
    Black Butler, Deathnote, Rurouni Kenshin, Hikaru No-go, recently, Girl got game, Dragon Drive. (Whoo, a lot more - too tired to mention.)
    The whole DBZ series from saiyan saga to Buu, and a sprinkling of other animes. Manga? I usually rent it, but I do have some slam-dunk.
    My first introduction to anime was an episode of Sailor moon on T.V. a very long time ago. I've never Cosplayed, I'd be too embarrassed. I once asked my sewing-savvy sister to convert my socks to piccolo style, and I've been hanging my head since.
    ~I'm sorry I haven't been around very much~

The votes are in for the sketch contest. See who won the epic battle here:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...12-voting.html

Death Before Dishonor Anime Fanatics Club v3! Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not to much of a discussion around this thread lately haha. So I will just post some stuff I have been watching lately, and what my opinions on it are.

Soul Eater:

Had a friend of mine recommend this one to me. At first I was kinda iffy about it. The story was kind of slow moving, and I wasn't a fan of some of the animation like the sun, and whatnot. I have gotten over that to find that this is a pretty solid anime. Very good story, excellent characters.

Currently I am a pretty big fan of Black Star, as you can see from my avatar. I love that cockiness he brings to everything, and the idea that if you really want something you can push yourself endlessly to accomplish it.

Least favorite has to be Death the Kid. Simply because of he thing with perfection.

Darker Than Black

This is an anime I discovered while randomly searching through Netflix. I am about half way through and am pretty pleased with it. Love the contractors, and that in order to use there powers they have to pay some type of price.

No favorite character thus. Everyone is pretty awesome in it thus far.

Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid

This is my second time going through this series. Big fan of all the Full Metal Panic's. Pretty good storyline amongst them. TSR is in my opinion alot better than the first, shorter but alot more shit goes on.

Favorite character in this one is definitely Webber. Always gotta root for the perv

Hope to see some more post in this. Use to be one of the most active clubs kind of died though. Hopefully this post will be seen an inspire some activity here.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Blog Entries

Yeah, the Full Metal Panic The Second Raid is a continuation of the story from the first season and part of the end of day by days arc. The unfortunate thing is that it introduces Amalgam and Tessa's brother, but ends there. I really want to see where it goes from there. It makes me think I may need to by the manga to at least the continuation.

Jack of all trades Anime Fanatics Club v3! Red Mage's Avatar

Yeah the Full Metal Panic ending in the anime left a cliff hanger. Its best to by the Manga.

Hi there were Red Mages. We can hurt you with our Black Magic and heal you with our white Magic just so we can kick your asses some more. If we run out of MP or is just bored we can shank you with our sword. No need to waste your slots on a Black or White Mage since we can do both and more. So what if our stats aren't good or we can't use the best Magic of either classes, we can still hold our own far better than those two. Did we forget we also have a pimp hat and a badass feather on it. Our outfit's color is the same as your blood that is about to be spilled the second you fight us.Muhahahhaha Blue Mages,Dragoons,Monks, all of the classes don't got shit on us. Were just that good.

Blog Entries

In most cases it is probably true that the manga is the better read, since the anime doesn't carry through the entire series. Which is a little disappointing since some series really get better into the later parts.

I don't know if I mentioned it before but I've been watching Working!!, Freezing (only one episode), Ichiban Ushiro no Daimao, Durarara, Gundam Seed, Gundam Seed Destiny and Zeta Gundam. Working!! is almost over for the second season, which with luck will eventually have a third season. It is still a lot of fun to watch. Freezing I saw on Hulu and I'll never watch it there again, they ran the censored version that ran in the earlier time slot in Japan rather than the uncensored version that ran later in the night. So it is nearly unwatchable. Ichiban Ushiro no Daimao was a lot of fun though I only watch a few episodes. Durarara is definitely very good and worth watching.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Speaking of Full Metal Panic?, I'm about halfway through Fumoffu. I am in complete love with Sousuke. While I don't always pick up some of the parodies from the actual series, the humour is really entertaining. I'm wondering if Fumoffu will spoil my opinion of the actual series?

I started on Chobits and Trigun too, which I'm both enjoying so far. But Fumoffu has stolen the show for me right now. xD

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Blog Entries

Yeah Fumoffu is the pure humor side of Full Metal Panic taken to 11. I wouldn't necessarily say that it would ruin your viewing of Full Metal Panic, so long as you know that you'll still get some of that Fumoffu humor, but that there is a story to go along there. Full Metal Panic has four major arcs that are divided by those comedic moments you are more or less used to seeing. Second Raid is a direct continuation of Full Metal Panic, a sequel to the story started in the original. It more or less is just one arc, but is a little one the looser side of things than the more rigidly formed arcs of the original. It does end up finishing up with solid arc.

Full Metal Panic is really good if you're looking for great mecha action along with the standard type of actions, military organizations and a good dose of high school comedy brought to you from Sosuke, who is simply amazing as a straight man that does stupid and funny things.

Anime Fanatics Club v3! Secret Weapon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'll be joining you guys in this sware. I see you guys have something intellectual to put towards anime.

It's been about 5 years now.

Bleach is my definite. I also like One Piece, Naruto, Zatch Bell, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Fairy Tail.

Bleach. I was watching Cartoon Network (late night) and saw this came on. At first I was like wtf is this. I tuned in when Ichigo and the crew Hougyoku saga. After I seen Ichigo and Kenpachi's fight, I was like nuff said. This is one bad ass show.

It's been about 2 years now. I started reading manga when I "had" my own place and was impatient to know what was going to happen later with One piece and Bleach so I looked up the web and found that manga goes further into anime. Loved reading it and still do ever since.

Naruto and Fairy Tail have been kicking mucho ass lately. I didnt expect Naruto to be this good though. On mangafox.com, it's the #1 manga read with like almost 5 million viewers with Fairy Tail coming in 2nd. Both are really good. The fights in Naruto.... epic ownage.

No but I wish I did.

7. Is there anything else you would like to tell us about yourself that relates to anime or manga? (Examples: What was your first anime/manga? Have you ever cosplayed? etc.

I bought Ichigo Kurosaki's bankai form zanpukto Tensa Zangetsu and Hitsuguya Toshiro's Hyorinmaru off this website called trueswords.com . They're both epic though they're replicas and have no real cutting edge though the tips of the blades are pointed and can pierce very well. I love Tensa Zangetsu because it looks exactly like Ichigo's. It has the chain link at the end of the hilt and it is monsterously long. I'm 5"10 and If I stood the sword up vertically, it stands taller than me.
    You Are Ichigo Kurosaki....

{My Loving TFF Family}
    My Mastermind Trivia Dad: Phantom
    My FFVII Obsessed sister : Unknown Entity
    My Caring Big Sis : Crazy Chocbo
    My Most Welcoming cousin : Priscilla
    My Anime-Addicted mother: Athna Loveil
    My High Flyin and Profiling Pilot brother: Final Fantasy Cid
    My FFVII, Tifa Befriended aunt: Winterborn86
    My Kool Aid addicted cousin: Mr. Spike
    My Yaoi Raving mom: Bleachfangirl
    My Cristina Scabbing Worshipping bro: Fishie
    My Ready to Knock Your Lights Out bro: Silver

Thanks Halie for the sig pic!

RPG's currently playing: Final Fantasy VII, Pokémon Crystal, Devil May Cry Collections (1,2 and 3)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3