Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Americans of TFF

Oh club, how I have neglected you.

What did everyone think of Michael Phelps? Did you follow it? Why does the American team suck so bad without him?

China dominated us otherwise. Last I checked, we had more overall medals, but they had many more gold medals.

Registered User Americans of TFF HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Michael Phelps really lived up to his word. He won alot of medals and I was proud of the US team. I didnt watch all of the olympics but the Today show was enough for an update.

I was pleased.

I live in a city of about 40,000 people (city itself...metro population I dunno) called Wausau, Wisconsin.

Basically, take a dart and poke it in the exact center of Wisconsin...and you'll probably hit Wausau. We're kind of in the middle of Twin Cities - Green Bay and Madison to...some big city up north that just doesn't exist.

Seriously, there's nothing in upper Wisconsin. Except Rhinelander. And even that place is tiny.

Oh, and Superior, but I don't count that.

Got it memorized?

If you would like a member for your family, send me a PM!

Gingersnap Americans of TFF OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Americans.... are you as worried about this election as I am?

McCain's VP pick is really concerning. And if McCain becomes president and drops dead (which isn't unlikely), this woman will be president?

Quote Originally Posted by LA Times
    ...she is against abortion even in cases of rape and incest, sued the federal government to take polar bears off the endangered species list, has said creationism should be taught in schools and advocated a constitutional ban on providing healthcare benefits to same-sex partners.
    And... is anyone else getting that nagging fear that democrats will lose another election? I really really want Obama to win, but I can't help but be a little anxious, now that everyone has their VP picks and unreasonable Hillary supporters (not to say that they're all unreasonable, but some of this, "If not Hillary, McCain" stuff is... ugh, anyway) might think, "Oh! Estrogen on the republican ticket!" Nevermind the things she stands for.

Someone tell me I'm worried over nothing.

Also, is anyone else amused that this hurricane Gustav is supposed to hit New Orleans the very night Bush was set to speak? Oh dear.

ALSO, hello, new guy.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Americans of TFF Polk's Avatar
    Ha. I forgot about this.

Quote Originally Posted by AxeluteZero View Post
    Basically, take a dart and poke it in the exact center of Wisconsin...and you'll probably hit Wausau.

Seriously, there's nothing in upper Wisconsin. Except Rhinelander. And even that place is tiny.
    Haha, you live in Wausau. And Tomahawk is in Northern Wisconsin. Tomahawk is ****ing gorgeous. We used to take family vacations up there to a cabin on Deer (I believe that's the name) Lake.

Michael Phelps. Awesome. I wouldn't say the American team sucked without him though. The basketball team could finally return to the old Dream Team status of the 90's. Then again, I paid almost no attention to the Olympics. I was watching the Little League World Series. Don't worry. I had my pants up.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanEyes28 View Post
    Americans.... are you as worried about this election as I am?
    I am not too worried.

After the Palin pick, Obama has kept his lead in the polls. The Republican Convention will give McCain a bump, as conventions do, but then it will go back to normal. Based on polling, Obama would win 332 electoral votes today.

The Palin pick stunned me. I thought I was dreaming, really. Presidential scholars have determined that she is the least qualified person on a major party ticket in the modern era.

It is really kind of sexist for McCain to try and tell women that Palin is a good surrogate for Hillary. Sadly, it seems like some of them are eating it up. I think most of them are lying to themselves, though.

Welcome, Axelute Zero. I will add you to the roster.

Blog Entries
    I dont think McCain will win the election.

I wish i could say its not but this is really a race realated thing. Obama was and still is in the lead but we are cirtanly hearing more from Mccain.

I am not a big fan of anyone that is running, so more then likely I will just vote my political party (McCain) but any which way it goes I will still support anyone who goes into that office.

I am also curious, I know Oklahoma abolished the state inspections on cars (where you get the nifty sticker to put in the front window of your vehichal) about 5 years ago but has all the states done the same, I still see cars from other states that have them.

Has anyone else played the license plate game? Where you see how many plates you can find that are out of state. I loved that game as a kid on long road trips, it was such fun and killed alot of time
    Last edited by Meier Link; 09-03-2008 at 08:11 AM. Reason: add more content
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Blog Entries
    The license plate game!!! Yeah I remember playing that game. One particular road trip when my mom took me and my little brother from Iowa all the way to West Virginia in a car, I think we saw about thirty different state license plates, it was pretty intense. And I live right in the tri-state region, so the Nebraska and South Dakota license plates are really commonplace in our city.

You guys have any cool travelling stories in the US?
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Blog Entries
    Ever since i got my PSP i stoped playing games like the licence plate game.

But living in NC its really weird to find alaskan licence plates....to this very day i think it strange.

Air from my lungs. Americans of TFF Violet's Avatar
    I'm not too big a fan of either Obama or McCain, so I may just not vote for anyone this time. If I do, it'll be either McCain or the third party candidate. The one thing I like about McCain more than Obama is he doesn't involve all the movie celebrities in his campaigns. We don't need a movie star or media whore.. we need someone who'll grab the bull by its horns.

Blog Entries
    Im a little bit young and im not to good with politics so could somone explain why the VP for Mc cain is so (dare i say) hated.

Quote Originally Posted by H.U.N.K View Post
    Im a little bit young and im not to good with politics so could somone explain why the VP for Mc cain is so (dare i say) hated.
    Well, there are three reasons.

A. Experience. People ragged on Obama for experience, but this woman has been governor of less than a million people for about 19 months. Before that, she was the mayor of 5000 people.
    B. She is an ideologue. McCain, Obama, and Biden are pretty much in the middle, while she is hard right. She wants to teach creationism in schools and outlaw abortion in all cases.
    C. She was a purely political choice. Obama chose someone with a wealth of knowledge in foreign policy, while McCain's sole reason for choosing her was to win over women who supported Hillary Clinton.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for S-Mod View Post
    Well, there are three reasons.

A. Experience. People ragged on Obama for experience, but this woman has been governor of less than a million people for about 19 months. Before that, she was the mayor of 5000 people.
    B. She is an ideologue. McCain, Obama, and Biden are pretty much in the middle, while she is hard right. She wants to teach creationism in schools and outlaw abortion in all cases.
    C. She was a purely political choice. Obama chose someone with a wealth of knowledge in foreign policy, while McCain's sole reason for choosing her was to win over women who supported Hillary Clinton.
    Also, she's a girl. Girls are yucky.

Ew.

But if McCain had to have picked a presidential candidate on the hard right, I would have picked Huckabee. He's fun, and has the potential to get young voters. And fat people.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Polk View Post
    Girls are yucky.

And fat people.
    Sorry I found those to lines to be halarious!

But I find my self less drawn into the elections, and I probably should be being drawn more into them. I just get tired of all the mud slinging. But then again the "she" in question has done nothing of real importance to stop the mud slinging or even change the voters opinions. Which lowers my opinion of her even more. The press release from her church was quite disturbing has done nothing to gain the publics trust or win many voters. There are many things that people dislike about, even reasons as what Polk semi-jokingly stated, some people still feel that a womans place is not in the higher up government or in the work place at all. (note that is not my veiw)

United, we move as one

My awards:

Blog Entries
    Well I have to admit it was smart on Mccain's part.

Well my fellow Americans it is the day of rekoning.....if you dont get it, its 9/11.
    There is another thread about this but i think since this is an american club i believe we should address this issue. 9/11 had major impact on America and although i faintly remember it, it still is an important time in American history....Never Forget.

Yes this is a terribly sad day for me, I had a friend that lost all 6 of his brothers and sisters in this attack 7 years ago, sadly to say James also died 4 years ago. He was the last of his mothers children.....

What where you doing when the attacks started?
    What was your imediate reaction to the crisis?
    Was anyone you knew/ know involved in any way?
    Did anyone you know run off and join the millitary shortly after to take part in the war on terrorism?

Thanks for inspiring the new questions H.U.N.K. I am sure many more will be added through out the day.

Me I was in bed alseep it was still kind of early in the morning here when it happened, I was awoken by myt phone going off and it was my ex's crazy friend all she said was "We've been bombed, we're going to war!" then she hung up not saying anything else. So I took it as her being weird and went back to sleep for another 30 minutes. I woke back up rolled over and turned on the TV to see the burning towers, and then a video of the planes hitting. I was in pure shock. It was a hell of a thing to actually wake up to.... I still remember seeing the recording of where some of the people on the top stories of the buildings where jumping from broken windows, it was like something out of a movie, then the all to terrible reality set in, those where real people, with real lives that where jumping knowing there was no other way out of that death trap and the impact with the ground would be far less painfull then burning and having the building collaps apon themselves. I could only imagine the horror on the ground also, being there looking up at bodies fall twards you........

See the top of the post for the awnser to my third question.

Alot of my friends ran straight to a recuiters office and signed right up, alot of them where fresh out of highschool like I was. I haven't seen or heard from the majority of them sence then either....... I hear they are doing alright though.

United, we move as one

My awards:

Blog Entries
    9/11 was a terrible day this is true but to answere your questions...

What where you doing when the attacks started? I was in school.
    What was your imediate reaction to the crisis? Wondered why teacher and parents(mom being a Desert storm vet.) were freaking out.
    Was anyone you knew/ know involved in any way? Well not really.
    Did anyone you know run off and join the millitary shortly after to take part in the war on terrorism? No one i knew...but it cirtenly made them think about it.

I can personally say that I am disappointed with the members of this club outside of a few. There are over 20 members and I have only seen a few of which post in here over the last month. El Wray and myself have been trying to get every member involved in the topics at hand and it has not really proven to much avail. On 9-11 I threw out some pretty serious questions to our american member to which we only had a few replys which honestly up set me greatly. SO I AM CHALLENGING ALL to post and to contribute to this club. We are a nation of greatness so cant we as a whole make this a great club or atleast an active club?! I feel that it is the same 6 people that are replying to each other. When there are many things going on with our country at all times this should be one of the most active threads on this site. But as I have seen time and time again this club has almost fallen off of the charts. So here it is the challenge, let us stand for what we expect to be the best, if you are an american join, if you are a preexsisting member post. Seeing as that americans make up a large part of the TFF members we should have a great place to come to and call our own! There are still many topics to tackle there are alot that most of you have missed out on. Play catch up because alot of what us have talked about still affect you as a citizen to this day and alot of the questions are not time sensitive! So who is going to step up and take my challenge?! Or are you going to be the ones that proove everyone right when they say an americans of TFF club won't last?!?!?!? ......

I am done now repersent!

if you have a problem with what I have just said step up and say I am a damn american and I am proud of it. Please proove me and all of the other skeptics wrong.
    Last edited by Meier Link; 09-20-2008 at 09:54 PM.

United, we move as one

My awards:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sorrow View Post

if you have a problem with what I have just said step up and say I am a damn american and I am proud of it. Please proove me and all of the other skeptics wrong.

I to am very angry at my fellow Americans and this is not just about being an online club this is about being american and understanding what it means. I AM AN AMERICAN AND IM PROUD OF IT! It is very true. The only people posting seem to be myself and a few others. Its not that there is nothing to talk about, I mean think about it, 9/11,the election. People post.

Blog Entries
    People getting pissed off at me and demanding I post, followed by calling my patriotism into question kind of makes me want to do the opposite.

Not post.

I'm just sayin.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

LISTEN HERE!

Ok I am figuring that your "not post" was directed twards me also, if so please read on if not please disreguard. Part of this is aimed at hunk also.

I am not lashing out just explainging, please do not take this the wrong way again.

I never once said I was angery, just disappointed. I feel that this club should be one of the dominating and most interesting club on TFF. We are a very diverse culture and there are still namy subjects to tackle. Outside of joking around in the word games section, I have never told people to do anything on this site, except represent. I simply challenged you to do so.
    I have also never put anyones patriotism into question all I said was if you disagree with me to say a quote, if anything I asked you to show patriatism by saying you are what you are and that you are proud of it.

By the way foot ball season is here! (well been here) I missed the dallas game last night, the TV had other programing on, not by my choice though. Anyone care to fill me in?
    Last edited by Meier Link; 09-22-2008 at 12:04 PM.

United, we move as one

My awards:

I apologize for starting school 3 weeks ago, and not having time to post. If that makes me un-American, then I guess I'm Canadian.

As for Green Bay vs. Dallas, Dallas won. Handily. I was upset. I hate you, Tony Romo.

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Ok I am trying to figure out why people are twisting my words around, did you actaually read the posts? I have not challenged anyones Americanism. I have not said that by not posting here would make you a bad american or Canadian. I have not demanded anything from any of you. I have not said that you have to post. We are not lashing out at anyone and we are not trying to force anything on anyone.

As stated in both of my last 2 post we are trying to increase activity of this club and make it one of the more active clubs on this forum and that is the challenge that I have presented to you (the members) because this club is only as strong as its members. I personally am passionate about this club and I want to see it at its fullest potential(which I have already stated what I know this club could be). Notice in all 3 of my posts including this one I have used the word challenge, you can choose to accept it or you may choose not to, that is your choice.

But about the dallas vs gb game I am pleased I am a huge cowboys fan.

United, we move as one

My awards:

Blog Entries
    Hehehe oops. I was aiming my comment more at H.U.N.K's "I too am so angry!" post than at yours. A little bit at yours. Mostly at his. Mostly in humor, but I admit to being a bit serious about it.

I'm still a child in that when someone says, "I'm so disappointed/angry, so you should do this!" I'm like "HAaaaaha, FUCK you." I'm immature, I know. I need positive reinforcement, you guys!

Uhhh I don't really keep up with football like I feel like I should... I like watching it when it's on, but I don't seek it out. Except when it gets really fall-like outside and I can watch a football game and carve a pumpkin or something. That makes me happy to think about.

Also, Americans get to celebrate Thanksgiving. Suck it, other countries, Thanksgiving is awesome. I mean, if you want to get cynical about it, it's a bunch of Americans eating their body weight in food to celebrate pilgrims lulling Native Americans into a false sense of fellowship... but it's really fun now!
    Last edited by OceanEyes28; 09-22-2008 at 08:39 PM.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

LISTEN HERE!

Aww please don't get me started on Thanksgiving, it is one of my most antisipated holidays of the year! I always look forwards to my moms good ol fashioned home cooking! It's amazing how my appitite grows 10 fold on that day, I will sit down and eat 5-6 plates through out the day. On down fall is I usually have enough turkey taken home to last me for 3 weeks haha.

And in reguards to the first part it is all good I felt like I needed to go back and explain some more on what I had posted anyways.

::Edit::

i just saw this was my 666 post, to hell with it!
    Last edited by Meier Link; 09-23-2008 at 04:55 AM.

United, we move as one

My awards:

Blog Entries
    I sincearly apologize for my extreme rudeness. I have been in to many clubs that have fallen and i was starting to worry for the TFF of America falling as well. Im sorry.

As for the football game I was hoping the Packers would win...but tragicly they lost.

Sir Prize Americans of TFF Sinister's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanksgiving? Hmm...an admirable holiday of wretched excess in cooking and eating. It was a good thing for me because I was able to cook some of my favorite foods to cook for people I loved. Now, well, it's not much... I show up at my parent's ranch, which oddly enough I am still welcome at. There is light nervous talk over baseball teams progress in the past season and who is married, pregnant, dead or arrested. There's still the food and the tradition of watching "A Wish For Wings that Work" (Don't ask me about this...it just is). There is desert. And thankfully, the family provides a bed for each of it's guests, so that once they've consumed past the limits of good sense, they can pass out and sleep it off.

I really like Halloween much better.

Don't even get me started on Christmas!

-Sin

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

Almost forgot about halloween. The wife and I are talking about going to a costume party this year. Needless to say she wants to dress up as brad and angelina from mr and mrs smith, I am not to sure about this one seeing that I hate the two of them, so any ideas, if you don't know what we look like you can check out pics in my profile. Open for all sugestions.

United, we move as one

My awards:

I do what you can't. Americans of TFF Sasquatch's Avatar
    Why did it take me so long to notice this group?

Because I don't look at the Clubs section, that's why.

Anyway, I am indeed American, which apparently qualifies me for a membership, if y'all agree.

Live in Wisconsin. Hate it. I'm a Chicago fan, so I rejoiced over the Packers' loss the other day -- and over the Jets' loss, because of the fanaticism over Brett Fav-ray. (The same reason I don't care for FFVII -- good game, sure, but too many children drool over it, and they push me away.) The Bears lost too, but I'm alright with that, because the Packers and Lions lost, and because the Cubs are kicking ass. (Jets lost, which helps, and Patriots lost, which is awesome -- again, the drooling children -- so I can tolerate the Bears' loss.)

Anyway ... yeah, that's all for now.

Sig courtesy of Plastik Assassin.

Greater love hath no man than this; that he lay down his life for his friends.
    John 15:13

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast