Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Americans of TFF

Overall, I don't really care for Football unless I'm playing it. After a while, I get bored of watching it on TV. I just like the eat-all-you-can-eat attitude on that day, since everyone always orders pizza, cooks some chicken, brings soda and chips, etc. etc. etc. That, and you get to be with friends, and maybe some family, and just make jokes and have fun. That's what makes the game interesting for me, when you watch it with others. Overall, I'm pretty much

I hope my uncle comes over to watch the game with us. He's hilarious, and grills some of the best damn meat I've ever tasted.

NASCAR NASCAR NASCAR!

OK seriously I am not that big of a fan of NASCAR but it is that time of year again and I know there are alot of fans out there. So predictions anyone??

Also today is Presidents Day for all that don't realize, so no mail! j.k. But I was curious as to if you guys think that this holiday has really lost its purpose over the years? Sure banks are closed and the mail doesn't run but you never hear anyone screaming "Happy Presidents Day!" I find this odd, are we not as Americans suppose to honor our President (present and past) on this day? I don't even think there is a parade anymore.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

I do what you can't. Americans of TFF Sasquatch's Avatar
    Actually, I think Presidents' Day is a combination of Washington's birthday and Lincoln's birthday, though there is absolutely nothing that Lincoln should be praised for. But it's another one of those holidays that don't mean much to most people ... how many people actually celebrate Columbus Day, or some other "holidays"? For that matter, how many people actulaly give a damn about Veterans' Day or Memorial Day any more than getting a day off work?

I'm not a NASCAR fan ... I might watch, but I don't keep up with it, and if and when I watch, I just do it to wait for wrecks.

Sig courtesy of Plastik Assassin.

Greater love hath no man than this; that he lay down his life for his friends.
    John 15:13

Hey, I was wondering if I could join the American Club.
    I am an American Citizen, and am born in the amazing state of Ohio. I am a fan of the Buckeyes, and i love going to Lake Erie.
    Proud to be in the United States Navy.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Moog
    You haven't lived until you've taken a shit so massive you quacked.

Registered User Americans of TFF HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Sasquatch;1182503] though there is absolutely nothing that Lincoln should be praised for. [QUOTE]

AHEM!
    As for Aberham Lincon he was a good president...if it were not for him we would most likley still have slavery.

how many people actulaly give a damn about Veterans' Day
    ARG!
    For the record there are many people who take time out of thier veterans day holiday to thank veterans and honnor the ones here today. My Mother, Father and Uncle are all Vetereans and my Mother and Father served in Desert Storm so I care very much about Vetereans day thank you very much!

Whew....as for Ruin-Tumult I think its alright but you have to wait for a comfrimation from Yoo-Hoo.

Bass Player Extraordinaire Americans of TFF Joe's Avatar
    [QUOTE=H.U.N.K;1182522][QUOTE=Sasquatch;1182503] though there is absolutely nothing that Lincoln should be praised for.

AHEM!
    As for Aberham Lincon he was a good president...if it were not for him we would most likley still have slavery.
    Good President Abraham Lincoln may be, but the Outlawing of Slavery was not what Lincoln had intended. The Civil War was about the Secession of the Confederate states from the union. that is what lincoln fought to protect. In reality, Lincoln never originally intended to free the slaves, but he did it to save the Union from certain destruction. "A House Divided against itself cannot stand".

I'm of the opinion that emancipation would have come very soon regardless of what lincoln did. The emancipationist movement was gaining strength and momentum, and once a concept, idea, or action has enough people behind it, it can go anywhere.

Whoops, haha, Kind of went off on a tangent there.

Welcome (most likely) to the club Ruin!
    (TFF Family):

My TFF Family:
    My Anime Addicted sister Athna Loveil
    My Unspoken Scabbia Loving Bro Fishie
    My Godsmack addicted brother Omega Weapon
    My Kooky Soap opera addicted sister Rikkuffx
    My Kinky Chipmunk Cousin Unknown Entity, because, you know, cousins can still do stuff in certain states.
    My Twin-like bro Ruin_Tumult
    Craven
    Slots still available, PM to join!

Quote Originally Posted by H.U.N.K View Post
    AHEM!
    Not at all. First off, Lincoln was perfectly happy with slavery -- look up the Corwin Amendment, then read the Emancipation Proclamation and discover that it only freed slaves in areas that Lincoln had absolutely no control over. Not only was Lincoln a racist, not only did Lincoln admit that the war had nothing to do with slavery and everything to do with putting the flag back, not only did the Union have slaves and sweatshops where workers were treated even worse than slaves, not only did Lincoln piss all over the Constitution ... slavery would have eventually phased itself out, and without the resentment caused by Reconstruction.

ARG!
    For the record there are many people who take time out of thier veterans day holiday to thank veterans and honnor the ones here today. My Mother, Father and Uncle are all Vetereans and my Mother and Father served in Desert Storm so I care very much about Vetereans day thank you very much!
    Good for you. I'm not insulting Veterans' Day, or veterans, or people that celebrate. I'm just saying that -- sadly -- most people don't care much about it.

Blog Entries
    Alright I will take back all things said about Lincoln...and the veterans thing is just a topic that I am particularly strong on.

I do know what you mean when you say most people dont care about things like this. For instance, One friend and I are the only people who say the Pledge of Allegence in school, everyone else just talks...I kinda wish people would go back to being the proud america we were back in the day.

Actually you don't have to wait for the all mighty yoo-hoo Ruin, I will go ahead and welcome you in with open arms. Welcome to the club!

United, we move as one

My awards:

Meier Link is right. Yoo-Hoo IS amazing. I really crave some at the moment. But he is also right that you have officially joined. Welcome Ruin-Tumult!

I do not watch NASCAR, so I cannot comment on that. Presidents Day is fascinating. It is a day where I cannot get my Netflix through the mail and I cannot go to the beach because there are too many people there. But I still have to go to class!

I find the historical revisionism on Lincoln very silly. Was he racist? Probably. But what historical figure was not racist? Too often people will shine a light on the faults of a person rather than their strength. This is what has led to the fall of Columbus in the public sphere. We can talk about the trampling of Constitutional rights, but we need to stay within the realm of reality. All Presidents have at one time or another done things illegally, and the Constitution survives. In fact, after the disregard of said document over the last twenty years or so, how can anyone who defended such tyrants have any say on the matter?

I am really starting to wonder why the other nationality clubs are able to refrain from such pedantic overtures when the subject of policy arises. I guess they are just more civilized than we are.

Alright, thanks for accepting me.

i dont watch NASCAR much, either. I dont watch tv at all, really. I just find most of the shows to be a waste of time. ROFL
    Proud to be in the United States Navy.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Moog
    You haven't lived until you've taken a shit so massive you quacked.

Well, we are starting to get out of the awful cold and entering the beauty of Spring. At least we are in Florida. And for us in school, that means Spring Break is coming up!

Does anyone have any fascinating plans? I am thinking about taking a trip, since my Spring Break is earlier than most (March 9-14).

Blog Entries
    Well I would love to share your happy feelings of Spring Break but my school dose not have any planed snow days so if we miss a single day then it is taken off our nearest break......We no longer have a spring break. Living in the moutains of North Carolina you would think we could have some snow days planed but nope......

I didn't really have any plans for spring break though so I dont really care.

Gwaaa it has been over a month since anyone has posted in this thread, oh the humanity!!!!!

SO yeah as Americans we celebrate many holdidays that don't actually belong to us, for instance St. Patricks Days. Now as a nation of muts it is perfectly understandable why such holidays are celebrated. But with that particular holdiday just passing I was curious to see what everyone did.

For me the wife and I sat at home watching movies and kicking back a few beers, not to many though because we both had to work in the morning. It was fun over all but just out of the norm for my holiday drinking bindges.

So how about you guys?

United, we move as one

My awards:

Bass Player Extraordinaire Americans of TFF Joe's Avatar
    Haha, other than wearing my green shirt that says "I Am Not A Model, I Just Look Like One" t-shirt, my friend brought some green mardi-gras type beads and big hats for me and a few others to wear around campus all day xD It was epic.

Too bad there wasn't any corned beef around the house though. That's the only proper way to celebrate the holiday.
    (TFF Family):

My TFF Family:
    My Anime Addicted sister Athna Loveil
    My Unspoken Scabbia Loving Bro Fishie
    My Godsmack addicted brother Omega Weapon
    My Kooky Soap opera addicted sister Rikkuffx
    My Kinky Chipmunk Cousin Unknown Entity, because, you know, cousins can still do stuff in certain states.
    My Twin-like bro Ruin_Tumult
    Craven
    Slots still available, PM to join!

persona user Americans of TFF foster kid's Avatar
    FINALLY maybe somewhere i can belong........... so......can i belong?

The fighting rages on and on, to challange me you must be strong

Proud Member of METAL MILITA....join me and we will rule the world....or at least tff

You seem to fit the requirements so yes I will accept you in the club on yoo-hoo's behalf.

United, we move as one

My awards:

sweet lol i now belong yay

Proud Member of METAL MILITA....join me and we will rule the world....or at least tff

I am glad you are proud and happy to be here but forum rules do still apply here.

As soon as Yoo-hoo AKA James shows up he will add you to our active members list.

Anyways feel free to check out the OP and talk about any of our previous subjects.

United, we move as one

My awards:

i so can do that

Foster kid, you can be in the club if you like, but you need to make your posts longer. Otherwise, Victoria or Jay will come and yell at you, and me, and I am fragile. If your next post is spam, I am going to be forced to revoke this admission into the club.

It needs to be said that I wish my Spring Break had not been so early.

EDIT: Also, a house cleaning issue. When a member informed me to address this, I had to look at the list to see if there was a foster kid, and I realized how many members have changed usernames. If active members could check the list on the first page and let me know to change it in some way, it will make things easier.
    Last edited by Walter Sobchak; 03-24-2009 at 08:06 PM.

im glad spring break is over personally, because this means i no longer have to fight with my girlfriend who went back to school .... she is a senior and well i graduated in 05........don't judge me.......but ya see i have a kid with another woman and i kinda have to talk to her to see my kid and be with him and i can't because those 2 seem to hate each other and its gettin so bad that i might have to sign my rights over or something.

anyway i have not been watching the news lately and i was wondering if any of you all know if we actually are getting a stimulus check from the government this year......

Ok to start off I want to go ahead and say that I am not judging you, at all. I figured I would throw this out there before anyone else has the chance to make sny remarks. I am however going to try and detour you from making this decision but I will do it rationally.

So being a father I have to ask, why would you sign your rights over for your child because of a woman? Is it solely because of you girlfriend? She knew the circumstances when she got with you and she should know the conciquences. I am going to strongly advise you against doing anything that drastic. The second that pen hits the paper your rights and your son are gone forever. This might seem like a good option now but what about in a few years??

Also I can see where the girl being in high school can always be a problem, even though they are about to graduate the still have yet to expirance life and really grow up.

To everyone else-
    Being a parent, it is your choice as an American Citizen to sign over your rights of your child to an appointed garudian. If I catch anyone harasing him for stating what he did I will report the post immediatly.

United, we move as one

My awards:

well no its not just because of the girlfriend its actually because of the mother, she won't let me see him , she keeps tryin to take me to court, she keeps spreading lies and rumors about me havin sex and wanting to be with her, i just want her out of my life she is driving me over the edge.thanks for standing up for me for real. my girlfreind is starting to beleive my ex as well just because i don't make a huge scene about it and deny it , its not my fault that i hate that stuff and dont want to give my ex the pleasure of knowing her plan is working.....I haven't made the choice to sign over my rights just because what if a couple years down the line i wanna man up and try to be the father that i never had ya know, and i wouldn't be able to. and i don't want Jakoby to grow up hating me for the choice i make, i mean he already give me my own death looks lol but im sure you know what i mean.

sorry its all together like that...

foster kid -- I know you're not in a good situation, but Meier's right. Just because your ex is giving you problems, I'm sure you don't want to give up your son. Your relationship with her ended, but she can't destroy your relationship with your own child. While you may be willing to make sacrifices to be with your current girlfriend, your son is infinitely more important than that. As has been said, with your girlfriend being young, she will continue to develop and mature, and one or both of you may realize that your relationship isn't what you want it to be. Bottom line ... never let your life permanately change for the worse because of a romantic relationship. The only thing you can ever rely on is yourself -- better yourself, work for yourself, and the rest will fall into place.

On a different note ... Opening Day today! The Cubs are in Houston to take on the Astros, with Carlos Zambrano facing off against Roy Oswalt. They've still got Giovanni Soto behind the plate, last year's Rookie of the Year and the first rookie catcher ever to start an All-Star Game. Derek Lee and Aramis Ramirez will be at the corners again, with Mike Fontenot and Ryan Theriot at Second Base and Shortstop, respectively. Milton Bradley is now in Right Field, with Alfonso Soriano in Left and Kosuke Fukudome covering Center -- though Center could also be taken by Reed Johnson, who carries a big bat. Fukudome fell out of his stride halfway through last season but still carries a lot of potential, and Derek Lee and Alfonso Soriano never really hit their strides. While the Cubs have been in desperate need of a leadoff batter, Milton Bradley, with a decent average, brings in a decent bat from both sides of the plate, which will help, and reports claim that Soriano, last year's lead-off man, has been working to improve his On-Base Percentage. While they lost Mark DeRosa and Kerry Wood, Fontenot will fit DeRosa's shoes nicely at Second and bring more youth and consistency, and Wood had spent more time on the DL than he has on the active roster since his breakout years in the early 2000s, when he shared a rotation with Mark Prior and Matt Clement, and has not reached the consistency he had since.

Now if we can only win a friggin' playoff game ...

wow baseball season already? sigh another crappy year for the royals........

good news ..i have put the rights thing out of my mind so i not gonna do it...and that daughter of an unnamed goat mother of his has finally left me alone even though she blasts me on her myspace ........ but she not talkin to me so that makes me happy and i will have to wait for another court date to see my kid prob .......

First of all, welcome to the club, Baal! He PMed me to join.

I don't really care for baseball, but I think I am supposed to be a Marlins fan. I don't know how good they are. I have somewhat gotten into the Orlando Magic, but only because my friends are always watching it and Dwight Howard scares me.

When is Easter?

Welcome Baal, hope you like it around here.

As for Easter it is next Sunday.

Sassy, thanks for not being to harsh with your post.

Foster, I am glad you made the decision you did, and I am glad to hear that you are not getting that much more trouble from the ex. I wish you and the kiddo my very best.

United, we move as one

My awards:

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Americans of TFF Polk's Avatar
    Hell yeah. Baseball season has begun. The season for the Brewers starts tomorrow at 3:00, against the Giants. Unfortunately, I have class until 5, but the magic of DVR solves that problem. The biggest loss that we experienced this season is CC Sabathia, who signed a massive contract with the Yankees, but I think that Seth McClung is going to prove to be a valuable asset, as he can function as both a starter and a reliever.

Go Brewers. That is all.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

i don't really like baseball either but i hate living where both our prof teams the chiefs and royals both totally suck........ im more of a football fan though ....i started to become redneck and like nascar but i moved away from my dear ol dad lol but..

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast