Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ZOMG! A SPIDER! Get it, get it, GET IT!

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ZOMG! A SPIDER! Get it, get it, GET IT!

Ever get that feeling something is watching you? Or you see a small movement out of the corner of your eye? And you look... and see a bug has invaded your room/house? It could be something smaller than a finger nail, or something so big it sould be paying rent - what do you do?

Do you freak out, and get someone else to deal with the invader? Or do you take it into your own hands, and either exterminate the ****er, or become it's mate and let it live... by getting in a glass/your hand and taking it outside?

Me? I don't really freak out with the smaller creatures. I can deal with just about everything smaller than a £2 coin. All you need is a glass and a bit of paper and... a quick walk to the front door. Heh, I've also been known to play with money spiders - they are cool I guess - don't hurt, and seem friendly enough.

Everything else, I freak out. I either have to get someone else in, or kill it, even though I don't like having to. Wasps and bees - rare I get one, but I end up running for the hills because of a bad sting I got when I was little.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! ZOMG! A SPIDER! Get it, get it, GET IT! Tallulah's Avatar
    I've got used to spiders, and I leave them be, unless they are obnoxiously big. Paul is scared of spiders, so I keep quiet about them. There was one underneath Benoit the Buffalo, one of my stuffed toys who lives on the arm of the sofa. ( )I picked him up, gave him a shake, and a tiny spider dropped out. I commented on it and Paul was all like "WHERE!!!!!????! WHERE!!!?!?!?!?!?" I reassured him it had gome away; it crawled into my old keyboard (the muck in there, it'll probably crawl out the size of my hand! )

I'm used to men being scared of spiders. My friend's 'hard nut' half brother is terrified of them, as was my old housemate, Ollie.

Registered User ZOMG! A SPIDER! Get it, get it, GET IT! Halie's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I cannot stand spiders. The freak the living shite out of me! The other day, I was in the bath and I never noticed that a Daddy-long-legs was on the wall. When I saw it, I froze for about five minutes before I called my mum in to come and get it for me. She flushed it down the toilet, but because our toilet seat is broken, I couldn't put the lid down. So my bath was ruined bcause I was convinced it would come back out of the toilet and kill me.

Then, later that night when I was asleep, I had a nigthmare about spiders. I dreamt I made friends with a load of multi-coloured spiders who were sat on my bed, and then after a while, a huge mother-****er came crawling down my bedroom wall. One of the nice spiders said "Oh no, it's Russel, the evil spider who's going to eat you!". I woke up and my eyes shot open, and almost cried for my mum to help me, until I realised it wasn't real. Naturally, I felt like a right tit afterwards. But I'm still scared that Russel will come and eat me >.>;. That's right, his name was Russel. I have no idea why.

I never used to be able to look at spiders in photos or fake spiders, but I'm nto as bad as that nowadays. I've gotten over it a bit. Just a bit .

Sh*t! I just cast Firaga on myself! ZOMG! A SPIDER! Get it, get it, GET IT! Neo Nagisa's Avatar
    I'm going to be straightforward with you.
    I will kill anything smaller than an elephant if it is necessary. I won't freak out enough to be a [Insert different word for vagina here] and get someone else. I'll just be like "Whoa." And grab the sharpest inanimate object I can find. If it is big enough to pay rent, it better cough up the cash or I'll assassinate it.
    HIEI

The fastest, shortest, smexxxiest demon you will ever know. >P

Asking all the personal questions. ZOMG! A SPIDER! Get it, get it, GET IT! RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries
    Do you freak out, and get someone else to deal with the invader? Or do you take it into your own hands, and either exterminate the ****er, or become it's mate and let it live... by getting in a glass/your hand and taking it outside?
    Generally i am the one to deal with the invaders and i do not freak out i love all manner of animals whether it be a spider,centipede or a elephant except those evil ants i cant stand ants i don't freak out when i see them i can deal with them but as Nagisa put it... or i go sayin on the arse i hate ants the little shits the get up your pants especially when you have long pants and they are persistant little c***s no matter how many times you squish them they still manage to chew your bloody leg.

But as i was saying in my household i am generally the one to deal with the critters and i usually just pick them up and place them out side i love to let spiders crawl over my hand except the poisinous ones hell thats a bit hard Australia is the the country with the most amount of venomous spiders and snakes but i do love snakes i have to move them away from the buildings all the time at work and i just pick them up and take them out to the shrubs i would rather a snake in my pants then ants...... hang on that didn't sound right i would rather deal with a reptilian snake than have ants crawling over me.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Blog Entries
    I used to go around the backyard picking up bugs and putting them in a jar together, when I was younger. Mostly ground beetles and sow bugs (pill bugs) though, as beetles don't really hurt when they bite you and I knew how to grab them without getting bit, and sow bugs don't bite at all. The bugs that I knew hurt when they attacked, I was afraid of touching, and still am. I hate spiders, and often flick them off their webs or step on them, especially if they're one of the bigger bastards. Bees, I generally leave alone, because if you miss, they will get you.

I haven't really dealt much with other variations of critters. Dunno what I'd do; they're probably carrying some disease... Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Anything small... moves fast... and can hide... freaks me out O_O
    If ever confronted by such a creature initial reaction is to release the classic girl scream. xD. Next is to commence running around like a complete idiot - preferably to the other side of the area that this BEAST is lurking. Now if someone else is around I will nag continiously until they move or in worst cases... terminate the bug ( ;; ). Then of course that person has my endless worshipping... Naturally x3

But yeah... bugs that are small and move fast *shudder* just too creepy for me...

Following the path for truth...

and ending the dream.

I don't like spiders, or generally most bugs! I usually get someone else to get rid of the creature for me because I'm too scared to pick these things up usually. I always am like 'Don''t kill it!' I don't like the poor things being killed but if it's a wasp or something which bites/stings then I'll kill it. I don't like any little insects, well some are okay but most of them are icky and I usually get someone else to get rid of it for me. ^_^

CC's YouTube Page|Add me on last.fm
    Is on Facebook so feel free to add me. =)

I don't have that big a problem with spiders, but I don't like them hanging around, so I will get rid of them. I do get a bit restless however if I know there's one in the room but I can't find it, and I'm about to sleep. I can't sleep until the little philistine is gotten rid of.

Here's a funny story: an old collegue of mine is properly frightened of spiders. On her birthday, she left the office, and two other guys I worked with caught this HUGE spider in a glass, wrapped up the glass and put it on her desk as a 'birthday present' for when she returned. Man, did she freak.

Back. For a while. Maybe.

By posting below this text you hereby pledge unquestionable servitude to Neo Necron

Dr. Prof. Failstrom ZOMG! A SPIDER! Get it, get it, GET IT! Dr_Flea's Avatar
    ALLL SPIDERS MUST DIE!!!!!!

Seriously if i see a spider it's dead!!!

im not scared i just don't like the feeling of knowing it could possibly crawl down my arse crack and bite me.......also if i were asleep crawl in my mouth or what not

Anyway yeh Spiders die in my house

~Dr_Flea~

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Flea View Post
    ALLL SPIDERS MUST DIE!!!!!!

Seriously if i see a spider it's dead!!!

im not scared i just don't like the feeling of knowing it could possibly crawl down my arse crack and bite me.......also if i were asleep crawl in my mouth or what not

Anyway yeh Spiders die in my house

~Dr_Flea~

Did you know, that in our lifetimes, we eat at least 6 spiders in our sleep? Well, it depends... my little cousin raised his bar to 7 when he ate one while my aunt left the room to get some kitchen roll to deal with the bugger.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Master of the Shadow Key ZOMG! A SPIDER! Get it, get it, GET IT! KeybladerXIII's Avatar
    No wonder I wake up with a bad taste in my mouth....anyway, I'm cool with spiders, but if it's anything else, like a cockaroach, I beat the s#%! out of it until no one knows it was there.

Tsuna Feesh ZOMG! A SPIDER! Get it, get it, GET IT! Fate's Avatar
    Oh, this thread is way too funny!

I'm not scared of spiders at all. But my sister freaks out when she sees one! She's actually older than me, but she calls for me when she sees a spider. Then, it's my job to get rid of it... I either take some paper and crush it right away and throw it in the trash can, or I grab it in a piece of paper and flush the thing down the toilet!

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

Registered User ZOMG! A SPIDER! Get it, get it, GET IT! winterborn86's Avatar
    Im not too bad with bugs and stuff, it's just spiders I can't cope with. My garden is full of them, so I've become a little scared of the gardening lol.
    If I see a spider I completly freak out. There was one time that there was a huge spider in my bathroom near the loo, ans I was so scared I cried and I had to telephone my dad and ask him to come and kill it, and this was 11.30 at night, so he wasnt pleased, but he still done it for me
    Matt doesn't do it for me tho, he is getting tough on me, either I kill it or it stays, even when I'm in tears cos I'm so scared he still wont do it, heartless git lol

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

Warrior Ninja ZOMG! A SPIDER! Get it, get it, GET IT! Led Zeppelin's Avatar
    I don't mind insects...except for misquitos' their bites hurt sometimes...those little buggers =]....But I have a huge fear of spiders it can be so small that it's hard to see but I'll still run away and make someone else take care of it...It's those fuzzy legs and how they move so fast that scares the bajebers out of me O.O

Dr. Prof. Failstrom ZOMG! A SPIDER! Get it, get it, GET IT! Dr_Flea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Entity View Post
    Did you know, that in our lifetimes, we eat at least 6 spiders in our sleep?
    Actually i did i just try not to think about it

it's not exactly comfortable knowing that the little bleeders like to make a nest in my mouth.

But yeh they all must DIIIIIEEEE!!!

~Dr_Flea~

Registered User ZOMG! A SPIDER! Get it, get it, GET IT! ladysilver's Avatar
    Oh yuck, I hate bugs, I run or kill them. Spiders are ok as long as they stay on the roof - stray from there and they're gone lol. And yet you get a snake or a toad or something like that and I'm fine with them, I just take them away lol. Strange how the mind works huh?
    I shall rule the Dead City (kinda)
    http://reignofblood.net/link.php?n=108300
    Life is what you make of it, when it shuts a door, smash a window

Imperius Rex ZOMG! A SPIDER! Get it, get it, GET IT! Storm's Avatar
    I have pet tarantulas so it would be a bit odd if I were arachnaphobic! If theres a spider i'll pick it up in my hands and take it outside. I don't have the heart to kill an animal, and I don't see the issue with them. I don't really like the gangly ones, I prefer the beefy ones.
    PSN username: Raikujaku
    A meow-ed member of PRK9

I hate spiders but I can deal with most other bug types. I just get them in a glass and put them outside, but with spiders, I try to get someone else to do it! I once knew a girl who would literally scream at the sight of one, even if it was tiny. Glad i'm not that bad!

Govinda
    What has everyone got such a problem with spiders? They kill flies and other bugs which actually spread disease. Spiders are a blessing. In Europe, there are none than can poison you. Whenever I see a spider on the floor, I move it to a high-up place like a bookshelf or similar using an empty toilet roll tube or similar so that it can easier build webs in the corner.

Bees need to be protected, as they are dying off and without them we won't really have much in the way of food since they won't be around to pollinate crops. I smile whenever I see a bumblebee. As long as you're not retarded about encounters, they won't sting you. Wasps, however, I hate. Squash them. Sugarwater traps. I have a similar distaste for ants.

I am a fan of earthworms. They make soil so much better. Don't kill all these things that live around you unless you live in a place where they are capable of killing you. Most of them are there for a reason.
    Last edited by Govinda; 05-16-2009 at 04:32 PM.

I invented Go-Gurt. ZOMG! A SPIDER! Get it, get it, GET IT! Clint's Avatar
    Spiders are no big deal. There are no poisonous ones in my area, so if it just so happens to bite me, I'll be just fine. I don't "deal" with bugs. I just leave them be. I feel it isn't my right to be their executioner, and I honestly don't want to be. Just because they're small and I'm of an overpopulated dominate species doesn't give me any justice to end the life of another creature. The same thing goes for any other insect, mammal, aves, reptile, or amphibian... or fish, but I don't live in water, so that one doesn't really count.

Spiders I am fine with, it is their damn webs that get to me and freak me out. I hate that sticky feeling that you can't really see. Irritates the crap out of me.

As I kid I played with great daddy long legs (not sure if that is a universal name). Spiders are a common occurance where I live. Brown Reclusis are a popular breed to see around the house hiding in dark corners. They don't tend to react unless acted apon first. But generally I will kill one if it comes into my path soley for the reason that my wife is terrified of them and I don't want to take the chance of my son getting bitten. Commen house spiders are generally what I exspect to see on a daily basis they meet with the same roll of paper death that the thiddle backs do.

I can not think of any bug that really freaks me out. As for killing all it would only harm the enviroment in the long run, those little 8 legged bastards actually do alot for the world. Ticks annoy me along with misquitos. I am allergic to misquitos and get rashes and bumps from those f***ers. So if I had a choice as to what to get rid of and it would not harm the natural cycle of life that would be it, along side fleas (I get the same reaction out of them).
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Registered User ZOMG! A SPIDER! Get it, get it, GET IT! HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Spiders are the ugliest,evilest and most discusting things God decided to curse our planet with! I hate everyone of them.(Ecept grandaddylonglegs.)

Now I have never been diagnosed but I think I can safley say, I have arachnaphobia. I hate spiders and almost get frozen with fear at the sight of them. Plus always near my house for some reason, there are these creepy half cricket, half spiders in my area that jump. Look them up, they are scary as heck.

I am gladly a spiders "Executioner".

Genocide Unfolds, I Forgive All Chez Daja's Avatar
    I am not fussed about daddylonglegs or other spindly creatures, but I despise spiders because they are absolutely disgusting. Just the look of them makes me feel physically ill. Same with octopusses, I guess. They just have the same kind of machanics and looks as spiders in my opinion.

The person in my avatar is me.

THIS SIGNATURE IS VERY DISTRACTINGS

I was the holder of the highest amount of rep that ever lived on TFF. 1788. lolz. I ween.

Asking all the personal questions. ZOMG! A SPIDER! Get it, get it, GET IT! RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries
    What has everyone got such a problem with spiders? They kill flies and other bugs which actually spread disease. Spiders are a blessing. In Europe, there are none than can poison you. Whenever I see a spider on the floor, I move it to a high-up place like a bookshelf or similar using an empty toilet roll tube or similar so that it can easier build webs in the corner.
    "Ditto" that, spiders are usually harmless and if unprovoked generally stay out of your way but we do have an exception in Australia we have a spider called The Funnel web and it is always out to get everything in its way mainly in mating season when they get antsy and skittish so they attack anything that moves and not only that but it is one of the most poisonous spiders in the world so yeah not a good combination of aggression and poison, then we have The white tail and its venom literally eats the flesh away near the bite it breaks down tissue so its not a good fella and it usually resides in houses then there is the Red back which is just god dam poisonous and can cause severe illness the ironic side to the red backs is the fact that they like man made structures to make their webs like brick work or concrete so wherever we are they are, the Black house spider and then there is the Trap door and their about the main culprits.

So yeah looks like Aussies lucked out with the critters lol we have some pretty bad snakes to, but then again we don't have bears and wild cats etc we just got all the poisonous things.

Flies do annoy me especially when you have your hands full and you can't swat them away and they always seem to find the same place on your face to annoy you every time they land. Do you ever talk to flies and tell them to F*** off and then you start to threaten them and tell them you will kill them if they don't p**s off haha and then you realise you are talking to a fly.
    We have a big prob with mozzies we just had our biggest recorded case of Dangi fever in north Queensland over 500 case i think so yeah they are a big pest and you can even get in trouble for not checking your yard for ideal breeding places for mozzies so you have to be carefull about puddles of water and the like so they don't spread.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

We, as humans, are not meant to be scared of some pitiful spiders; they, as little pests, are meant to be afraid of us. Same thing goes for, like, a mountain lion. Leave it alone, and it'll leave you alone. Animals know better than to mess with humans!

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

Quote Originally Posted by Fate View Post
    Animals know better than to mess with humans!
    Humans know better than to mess with humans.

they, as little pests,
    Humans are the pests. You don't see spiders going around swatting at humans left and right just because they think we're hideous things. Just vice versa. Humans are ignorant with no respect or understanding for life.

Genocide Unfolds, I Forgive All Chez Daja's Avatar
    We, as humans, are not meant to be scared of some pitiful spiders; they, as little pests, are meant to be afraid of us. Same thing goes for, like, a mountain lion. Leave it alone, and it'll leave you alone. Animals know better than to mess with humans!
    Except for lions and tigers and bears, oh my!

I know what you're saying, Fate, but when I see a spider, that doesn't even come to mind. They're disgusting -- just look at them. I admit that they do freak me out, but they mostly sicken me. I think my sister made me this way, though. She's always found bugs disgusting and all through our childhood, she screamed at the mere sight of one.

Egon. I'm sure you've disliked or even hated a fellow human before, right? That's life, yet you still hold a certain level of contempt for that person. As humans, we fear certain things; Fate sees spiders as nasty little creatures -- possibly because of a bad or unpleasant experience with them. It could be fear, or a general annoyance of them. That in itself is human nature. You don't have to "respect" every living thing on the planet. You can choose to, but that doesn't mean other people have to follow.
    Just because spiders don't attack us doesn't mean they have some level of respect for the human race. They don't attack because they know we'd win. Well, unless it was a poison spider and bit the shit out of somebody.
    Last edited by Chez Daja; 05-17-2009 at 04:00 PM.

The person in my avatar is me.

THIS SIGNATURE IS VERY DISTRACTINGS

I was the holder of the highest amount of rep that ever lived on TFF. 1788. lolz. I ween.

Quote Originally Posted by Chez Daja View Post

I know what you're saying, Fate, but when I see a spider, that doesn't even come to mind. They're disgusting -- just look at them. I admit that they do freak me out, but they mostly sicken me. I think my sister made me this way, though. She's always found bugs disgusting and all through our childhood, she screamed at the mere sight of one.
    I wholeheartedly agree. I don't understand people who go, "Lookie, it's a cute little spider!" Seriously, there is nothing "cute" about a spider. Once, I tried going after a spider with a stick, and it ran away; I think it was scared of me. I often feel disgusted when I try to reach for something, and I touch a spider web instead with a spider hanging somewhere near. I can kill the spider, but I can't kill the webs; I don't know how to, really.

Fate sees spiders as nasty little creatures -- possibly because of a bad or unpleasant experience with them. It could be fear, or a general annoyance of them.
    No, there was no bad or unpleasant experience. I just abhor them, that's all. They look hideous. It's funny how dangerous things like a bear actually freak people out less than a harmless little spider. I think people go by looks instead of what the animal is capable of doing.

Egon. I'm sure you've disliked or even hated a fellow human before, right? That's life, yet you still hold a certain level of contempt for that person.
    Well, that's true, but I don't exactly like humans very much, as you could probably already tell. I don't respect much human life, because a lot of humans don't respect life in general.

You don't have to "respect" every living thing on the planet. You can choose to, but that doesn't mean other people have to follow.
    Deforestation and mass extinctions incorporated by humans has proven that there are far more people with no respect for life than those with respect. See, if all people thought exactly like me, all that destruction that went into making the rich richer would never have happened, hence making the world a better place to live in.

Just because spiders don't attack us doesn't mean they have some level of respect for the human race.
    Humans don't have respect for the human race.

I can kill the spider, but I can't kill the webs; I don't know how to, really.
    I like to think of spiders as architects, or artists. Those webs that you try to destroy are beautiful works of art created in such a short period of time. In that web, the spider will trap disease spreading insects such as flies and mosquitoes. Without them, you'll get AIDS. So if you already don't have AIDS, you should thank your fellow spider. If you do have AIDS, it's because you keep killing them. I'm telling you, that arachnophobia is a killer.
    Last edited by Clint; 05-17-2009 at 10:04 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast