Thread: Your Personal Powerups?

Sir Prize Your Personal Powerups? Sinister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Your Personal Powerups?

Terrifying horror-movie-like geekness not withstanding...supposing that life really is a game, what are your power-ups? What do they enable you to do and how rare are they?

My life's health bar's fullness is directly proportionate to how much down-time(sleep+recreation) I have versus how many hours I spend doing things I would rather not do. To add time to my down-time, for instance, a smoke. To ease the amount of damage each hour of work does, my medication. To speed up the progress of my work, a cup of coffee. To increase my health bar, a package of Ramen noodles.

So far I have:

Medication(every day)
    Cigarettes(once or twice a week)
    Coffee(whenever I get time to make a pot)
    Ramen Noodles(whenever I make money and buy food)

See, not that hard.

-Sin
    Last edited by Sinister; 06-06-2010 at 01:41 AM.

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

I have a peguin on a stick! ^_^ Your Personal Powerups? Kooky Spice's Avatar
    Being held hostage by the imaginary people that live in this fictitious reality

Re: Your Personal Powerups?

Let's see
    Cigarettes(one every 2-3 hours to calm my mind)
    1-3 joints a day((depends on if I'm working or not)to help me chill, eat, sleep, or get my mind off shit)
    1-2 beers(aides the weed)
    3 monsters a day(to counteract the sleepies and the muchies during the daytime)
    Ramen(for obvious reasons)
    Sometimes Tequila(plays a big role in me getting my ass kicked or laid depending on who I"m drinking with. XD)
    Last edited by Kooky Spice; 06-06-2010 at 03:17 AM.

Lawlz Sephy so Smaht!!

This is where my name comes from for anyone who cares. Btw please don't get the wrong idea. I love Final Fantasy more than any other game series in the whole world.

"Good things don't come to those who wait. Good things come to those who want it bad enough to take it."

The Mad God Your Personal Powerups? Heartless Angel's Avatar

Me, I've got myself a constant mana drain effect. The longer I go without sleep, the faster it drains. Gets kind of annoying at times, once I run out I go crash in a heap. Luckily I have a near endless supply various Mana restoration potions, Amp, Monster, Venom, Nuclear, and Nos to name a few. They also fortify my speed substats for a few hours, and increase twitchiness. THen of course I have Jack Daniel's around, that foritifies sarcasm, argessiveness, and humor for a while, but decreases hand-eye coordination, reaction time, and speeds up my mana drain, so I use it sparingly. Mainly for boss fights.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Juice. Minor health raiser and lowers dehydration meter.
    Dehydration isn't an option. Water is also an option, but get's boring after the second glass.

Tea. Acts as a remedy.
    It makes things better.

Super Noodles. Raises health.
    Filling, and tastes good with steamed broccoli.

Alcamahols. Raises health but lowers intelligence.
    Rarely. But it makes me giggly.

Showers. Revives from KO, gives full heath, depletes dehydration meter.
    I don't care if it's not an edible power-up. Cleanliness is next to godliness. Toan in Dark Cloud felt better after sticking his head in a waterfall when in dungeons, so why can't I?

Lovings. Casts Protect, Shell, Reflect, Bravery, Faith, Esuna, and Regain.
    Feels good. <3
    Last edited by Unknown Entity; 06-06-2010 at 07:53 AM.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Imperius Rex Your Personal Powerups? Storm's Avatar

Tea and Coffee- they restore my MP. Can also slightly improve agility!

Banana, chocolate, cake, biscuits (or cookies to you American folk)- Minor HP recovery

Pasta, onion, meat, spinach, and other such ingredients- Combine with my mental recipie book and a stove, and we have some concoctions that restore HP and MP fully.

Glasses- Intelligance + (apparantly)

Dobok- Strength, Defence and Agility stat boosting gear!

Student Card- 10% Discount at most armory shops. Sadly, does not apply to pubs or weaponry stores.

Books and manga- Learn spells and abilities!
    Last edited by Storm; 06-06-2010 at 07:47 AM.
    PSN username: Raikujaku
    A meow-ed member of PRK9

Blog Entries

Dave and Buster's Game Card: allows me to play the different mini-games which give me the chance to buy hidden items only available to the DnB store if I win enough tickets.

Hair Gel: +charm with the fauxhawk hairstyle.

Chocolate candy: +health, I have Twix favorited so it gives me a small extra bonus to my health stat.

Astro A40 headphones: big bonus to perception/reaction/communication/leadership skills. The 5.1 dolby surround sound works wonders! When equipped with the Astro Mixamp, it allows me to tweak and pool the stats to my desire.

Glasses: bonus to perception/wisdom/charm. If these are equipped without the hair gel, I can disguise myself as Harry Potter. If they're not equipped with hair gel, I can disguise myself as Jimmy Neutron.

Old Wallet: small bonus to luck, sometimes I find extra money in there that I thought was missing.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Registered User Your Personal Powerups?

Junk Food- Eaten in moderation. Provides quick supply of energy.
    Downside: Effect doesn't last long, and if eaten too much, experiences the dreaded "sugar crash" before long, which leaves the user feeling lethargic.
    Rarity: Very common (at least one a day)

Daily Multivitamin- To supplement the user with nutrients that may have been missed in one's daily diet. Adds to overall health.
    Downside: Must be consumed with meal. Easy to forget to take.
    Rarity: Somewhat common (try to do one a day, but it's more like two a week)

Water- Re-hydrates and refreshes the user.
    Downside: Rather boring to the taste, but this can be remedied by adding some lemon juice.
    Rarity: Extremely common. (When thirsty, this is what I tend to drink)

Sweet Iced Tea- Same effects as water, though with added benefits of flavor and caffeine, the latter of which boosts awareness and stamina.
    Downside: Increases rate of urination for the user.
    Rarity: Very common (Maybe one glass a day)
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Air from my lungs. Your Personal Powerups? Violet's Avatar

Waffles- Satiates Hunger
    Usually keeps me satisfied for a few hours before I'm hungry again.

Milk- Thirst Quencher
    My favorite thing to drink with any food that's filling.

Water- Dehydration Cure
    Whenever I'm feeling nauseas or weak, I guzzle down cups of water and I feel all healthy and replenished.

Pepsi- Energy Booster
    When I'm playing a game or watching a movie.. or doing anything fun, Pepsi is what I want to drink.

The Sun- Vitamin D
    Even on a hot day, just sitting in the backyard early in the morning feels great on the skin.