My mum is English, but I've got Irish origins. My great grandad in particular had very Irish characteristics. My father is greek cypriot, but I'm not in contact with them so all the following information is from my mother's side. I haven't yet taken a look at my family tree, but one of my aunties has done a lot of research into it. Although we are primarily from England, Scotland and Ireland, we've got links to a lot of other European countries, especially the mediteranean. Spain was one of the main ones, and it explains some of the common characteristics with some of my family- either hazel or very dark eyes. Oddly in my family theres about a 50/50 correlation to us either having dark hair and eyes, or blonde hair and blue eyes. Most of my close family are dark, whereas my mum's cousins mainly have fairer features. A lot of the facial characteristics are still there though, mainly the nose and jaw. Theres also some distant Chinese in my family too after a Chinese family called the Chin Chins got shipwrecked off the local coast. My mum always jokes about me being a throwback for my interests in the orient!