Thread: Your Idea of a Good Time w/Friends

Blog Entries

Your Idea of a Good Time w/Friends

(I was trying to think of a way to make that title shorter... didn't really work.)

So I was thinking of what's gonna go down tonight with my friends and New Years and all. We are going to go hang out at a particular friend's place. There will probably be Street Fighter involved to some capacity, because there always is, or perhaps some Smash Bros. Maybe there will be drinking (there is every once in a while.) Maybe some "One Word Stories" (we don't take it as seriously as that link does-we are allowed to repeat words and make no sense. Ask Dodie about our One Words; she's read some of them, and is probably still recovering from the psychological trauma.) and Mad Libs (we don't follow the rules very well on that one either. For example, "Call it 'Hell'" is a "location," according to us.) Maybe there will be a board game, too. We might also watch a movie-maybe a really bad movie that we will all make fun of. That would be a typical Friday night for us. Often times while some of these activities are going on (like the playing of Street Fighter) some people sit to the side and play their handheld systems, whilst talking smack to the people playing. I often am one of those people (because I don't like playing Street Fighter very much.) Still, I always have a good time.

Generally, we don't go to bars or anything like that as a group. For one, a lot of the wives don't like drinking at all, and for two, generally we don't drink a lot as a group anyways. When we do, it's usually at whoever's house, and it's an awesome occasion, because it doesn't happen very often, and people say and do really stupid shit when they're drunk. "Dude, we're going to the park!" "Oh no, it's the po-po!" "Dude, we were going so fast back there!" "I need a chocolate hershey bar!" "One more for cleansing!" And drunk texting. And diving into a field to avoid being hit by a car or something, heh.

A lot of the time, we are content to just sit around and talk. Or walk around and talk. This one time, someone's brother was hanging out with us, and was like, "So... is this what you do?" And we were like "Yup." And that's perfectly okay with me. In fact, even if I'm just sitting there watching a friend play a game, I prefer that to sitting around my room by myself. As long as it's the right company, I don't mind.

What about all youse guys? Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Bananarama Your Idea of a Good Time w/Friends Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Your Idea of a Good Time w/Friends

A good time for us is really just defined by if everyone is having fun, laughing, and just doing their thing. There's no real plan for it, and it's really defined by our moods that day, along with the company. Then again, my friends all run in different circles, and are just starting to hang out together.

Most of the time though, we just hang out at someones house, watching whatever game is on, or playing videogames and just bullshitting and being lazy.

Other times, we'll go out to eat at a non-fancy, sit-down restaurant, and then just relax at someones house, doing the aforementioned.

Every now and then, we'll go to a bar, where my one friend and I will run up a hefty tab, followed by just going home and passing the hell out.

In the summer, we tend to barbecue at my house on the weekends. I'll bring out my beer pong table and we'll grill up some hot dogs and burgers, and just eat, drink and be merry.

We really don't go with set plans, since nothing is really static, unless it's something we've actively tried to set up, like for instance when one of our old friends comes back from Prague, we'll spend as much time with him as we can that week. Most of the time it's just mass texts of "what's going on tonight" and then depending on the responses, we try to come up with something for the night. We usually try to figure things out by committee, and not let any one person always pick what we do.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't really plan anything with friends. When we do make a plan, we don't really stick to it anyway.

I have a good time depending on the company; my mood falters when someone I dislike is hanging around. I can ignore them, but it irritates me when I know they're overhearing a conversation I'm having, or when they join in.

What we like to do? Just hang out. Previously, we've all been underage, so no bars or whatever for us - just someone's place, with a few drinks and some snacks.

My friend recently got her own one bedroom flat, and we've been over there twice now. First time, we'd all brought our own drink and chatted - she didn't have tv or anything in her place at the time. We were all laying/sitting on the carpet and talking. She cooked us spaghetti on a camping gas stove in the kitchen, so we had dinner as well. That was fun. Second time we went up there, we had a tv, a chair each and a few more drinks and snacks. But still had fun the first time, haha. There's something that can be said for rolling around on the carpet and laughing with your best friends as opposed to sitting still in chairs and drinking.

Best night we ever had was the one with absolutely no plan at all. My friend pretty much said bring some money and your bus pass. It was quite a cold October evening and we met at her place, and got a bus to the park where our adventure began. We walked and bus'ed it from this park near her place to East Ham, the Docklands, Canary Wharf, Liverpool Street then back to my place near Shoreditch park. We went to her boyfriend's house which we just happened to pass, got chatted up by a drunk guy who'd taken an interest in one of my friends, drank on a bench in the pitch black in the middle of Canary Wharf and played around with the water features, we got a burger, we drew pictures in the newspapers left on the buses, we hung out by the statue of the fat lady at Liverpool Street, etc... So much fun.

I always have the best fun without a plan. ^^;

As well as that, I have a lot of fun playing games with friends; be us being in the same room or online, I just have a really good time. Don't need to see friends to have a good time with them. ^^

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Registered User Your Idea of a Good Time w/Friends sayian's Avatar
    Blog Entries

somtimes its not what ur doin but simply who ur with...

Bananarama Your Idea of a Good Time w/Friends Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh, and loud music for the most part:

It's appropriate for the thread!
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Blog Entries

So basically, I think you guys like to do the same things we like to do. I suppose it's kinda universal, so that's cool. I know some people gotta do "something" though, or else they'll not be having a good time. Yeah, we rarely have a plan for what we're gonna do, either. Actually, I guess that's not true; a lot of time, there is a plan to watch some movie or another. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Me and my best mates usually just chill, drink a ton of booze and then get into poker or multiplayer videogames. We'll talk about work/Uni/the dole/whatever and reminisce about all the fun shit we used to do before we started becoming more or less responsible adults. ..

For other mates there's pubs, clubbing, restaurants, the movies etc.
    When everyone's making money and there's a big city not far away by train there's tons to do.
    victoria aut mors