Thread: Worst Job You've Ever Had??

~*Moogle! Kupo!*~ Worst Job You've Ever Had?? pixergirl's Avatar

Worst Job You've Ever Had??

I used to work for a Guitar shop, i danced out front while wearing a penguin suit and made less than minimum wage....waaaaaay less then minimum wage. (also, the inside of the suit always smelled like mildewed foam, and the feet were too big so they kept falling off).....

How's about y'all?
    What's the worst job you've ever had?
    This is bananas! B. A. N. A. N. A. S.! I said this ...Is bananas, B! A! N! A! N! A! S!

Hooah!

Registered Goober Worst Job You've Ever Had?? Order's Avatar

Re: Worst Job You've Ever Had??

For me, worst and best were the same job,
    US Navy.
    When it was good it was what I lived for.
    When it was bad, it was more than a lifetime worth of suck every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Order View Post
    For me, worst and best were the same job,
    US Navy.
    When it was good it was what I lived for.
    When it was bad, it was more than a lifetime worth of suck every day.
    what was your MOS?
    This is bananas! B. A. N. A. N. A. S.! I said this ...Is bananas, B! A! N! A! N! A! S!

Hooah!

The Mad God Worst Job You've Ever Had?? Heartless Angel's Avatar

Movie theater. Holy shit people are stupid. You'd get the morons who try to convince you they're old enough to see R rated movie when they look to be about 11, and conveniently nobody in the group of 11 year olds 'remembered to bring their driver's license'. Right, I believe you. Not sarcasm, I promise.

Then you get the stupid ****ing old people, come up and just ask for two tickets. Well you don't want to ASK them if those are senior tickets, because then they get pissed off at you for thinking they're old. Even if they are in fact senior citizens. So instead, I try a subtle hint and say, "Two ADULTS?", putting special emphasis on adults, giving them plenty of opportunity to correct me and say senior, they don't, so I print the adult tickets. Then two minutes later they'll come back and bitch at me for not giving them a senior discount, so I have to refund the ****ing tickets and print new ones.

Better still, people come in all the time trying to get into shows at the wrong time, because a stupid website that lists local movie times only lists the times for one theater in the city, which is not owned by the same company and therefore has different show times. I've actually had these ****tards try and blame ME personally for 'changing the movie times after putting them online'. We have our own god damned website, check it, the times there are correct. The times on the website you are using are not for this theater. Stop shitting on my time with your incompetence.

Another thing I hate, when people ask me for recommendations or if I liked a movie. Of course they NEVER ask this about things I've actually seen. Or anything that even seems like something a guy my age or sexual orientation would EVER see. Had a group of girls asking me if the Justin Beiber movie or whatever the hell that was was good. DO I LOOK LIKE SOMEBODY WHO SAW THE ****ING JUSTIN BEIBER MOVIE?! Then you have the twilight tards asking me if I like the sparkly vampire or the faggot werewolf. Do I look like somebody who gives an aardvark's anus about ****ing Twilight? No. I don't want to talk to you, buy your ****ing ticket and leave me the hell alone. Also get a bunch of them who don't KNOW what they want to see, just showed up, got in line, and then stood there holding the line up so more stupid people could pile up while trying to decide if there's actually something they want to see playing. Seriously people, we have a website for a reason.

Sometimes when I was working he later shifts I'd get the occasional drunken moron, those were at least entertainingly stupid rather than annoyingly stupid, but stupid nonetheless.

And all of this timed itself to ensure I'd never have enough time to do anything. You'd never just have a line of people, then a nice period of nothing happening to recover from the stupidity, you'd ALWAYS see a group outside waddling slowly towards the theater, so you could never actually start to do anything other than wait for more stupid people to show up to infuriate me.

I have an extremely low tolerance for stupidity, and this place had more than its fair share of it. Day I quit working there was among the happiest of my life.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Registered User Worst Job You've Ever Had?? sayian's Avatar
    Blog Entries

cleaning bird shit off car windows.... gawd!!
    ok keep on, its all shits n giggles until sombody giggles n shits....

Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Angel View Post
    Movie theater....

I have an extremely low tolerance for stupidity, and this place had more than its fair share of it. Day I quit working there was among the happiest of my life.
    wooow. how long did you work there? how did you STAND it???

Hooah!

Quote Originally Posted by sayian View Post
    cleaning bird shit off car windows.... gawd!!
    EeeeEwwww!

Hooah!

The Mad God Worst Job You've Ever Had?? Heartless Angel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pixergirl View Post
    wooow. how long did you work there? how did you STAND it???
    Bout a year and a half. Only reasons I stayed that long is because I had a few friends working there (bout half of them quit when the theater was bought by another company, a company which I hate that tried to impose a bunch of new stupid ass rules and make us wear god damned hot uncomfortable tuxedo looking uniforms. One look at those things and I jumped on the bandwagon and put in my two weeks) , and I didn't think it'd look good on a resume to quit a job a week after I started, or i probably would have.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Registered User Worst Job You've Ever Had?? sayian's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pixergirl View Post
    EeeeEwwww!
    yea so the next time a guy takes you out on a date.. take into consideration what he might have went thru to get that money ... that bitch! (thinkin about tha past)
    ok keep on, its all shits n giggles until sombody giggles n shits....

Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Angel View Post
    I didn't think it'd look good on a resume to quit a job a week after I started, or i probably would have.
    Wow. That IS bad. lmbo. (poor thing)

Hooah!

Quote Originally Posted by sayian View Post
    yea so the next time a guy takes you out on a date.. take into consideration what he might have went thru to get that money ... that bitch! (thinkin about tha past)
    ??? sounds like you had some kind of horrid experience O_O (what happened?? was she just plain ungrateful, or what?)
    Don't worry, I always appreciate people spending money on me, for whatever reason (usually i think it's unnecessary and really do prefer just low-key type dates, nothing extravagant) ^_^

Hooah!

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! Worst Job You've Ever Had?? Tallulah's Avatar

McDonald's is pretty dire. Lots of stupid people who think you're stupid because you're working there and talk down to you. God you have to have the patience of a saint!

Lobby/dininf area is probably the worst as, whilst the stuff is easy to do and I can do it, other stuff crops up (spillages, running out parked orders, etc) is too much to do. About 18 months ago I had a bit of a meltdown after being left to do all the tasks on my own during school half term break, one of the busiest times. The final straw came when at the end of the week, a certain section of the floor was filthy, and whilst I was trying to make the time to mop it, some complete and utter idiots came and sat down, despite the fact I had closed the area off. And these were people who should know better, not the usual chavvy, trashy clientelle we usually get (these people are actually more pleasant, generally than the middle-class types, so it was wrong of me to be so judgemental. I went home crying that day, and phoned in sick for the weekend. My manager was cool about it and asked that I be not be put on that station. I actually have since, but I voiced my objections!

Last weekend there was an incident involving a few drunk people assaulting some of the overnight staff (we are open 24 hours). I do not do overnighters for this exact reason. Obe of the guys has a nasty black eye and the muscles are torn so bad they had real trouble putting the stitches in. Another lad got his nose broken, and the overnight manager was struck as well, and she was really freaked out. The week before this, the disabled toilet was sprayed with human diahorreah excrement (the walls, etc.) and the poor lass on dining area had to clean it. One of the nicer managers helped her, though.

However, there are perks of the job. There a couple of cute guys who work there as well which make the job worthwhile, provided we are on the same shift. I really have a thing about one of them, and he's always so nice to me, and flirts with me outrageously when it's not too busy. You get the odd hot customer as well.
    "...For the stronger we our houses do build,
    The less chance we have of being killed." ~ William Topaz McGonagall (1830-1902)

Bananarama Worst Job You've Ever Had?? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've worked a lot of bad jobs, so it's hard to say which is the absolute worst. However, they all paid me, so it's not really all that bad, because when times are tough, you do what you need to in order to make some cash.

UPS was pretty bad, mostly because we were exposed to the temperatures, but not necessarily the elements. That being said, unloading semi trailers for a few hours a day was brutal work, especially if you were good at it, because they'd just try to get more out of you. What was worse was that if you weren't in the union, you didn't get a break. I was also the only white guy there, so I didn't really fit in. In the winter, it was cold, and in the summer, the trucks absorbed the heat, and were dry and dusty.

Macy's during the Christmas season was also brutal. Dealing with idiots and people who would continually try to lie, cheat and steal was more annoying than anything. Oftentimes, the seasonal help would get abused by the people who've been there for years, making us do their regular bullshit chores. People would be snotty and would try to return sets of old knives in the new packaging, essentially, stealing new knives. To top things off, we got strung along to thinking there would be a full time job at the end of the seasonal gig, but it never happened. We were told that if we were doing inventory, we'd be as good as golden. Made it to inventory, which was essentially 16 hour shifts. After the last scheduled day, we were told that we'd be called by the manager. Never got called. The manager still avoids me if I walk in there.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Registered Goober Worst Job You've Ever Had?? Order's Avatar

I was an AT.
    Avionics Technician.
    I fixed computers in f-18s.

Boxer of the Galaxy Worst Job You've Ever Had?? Rowan's Avatar

McDonalds Employee 2005 - 2007

Need I say more? Worked like dogs, paid like dogs.

i hear a lot of bad stuff about Mickey D's! wow i had no idea (i knew there was some reason why i get chills of forboding whenever i go near a Mcdonalds)

Hooah!

Registered User Worst Job You've Ever Had?? Diyala's Avatar

Baby sitter for my little nieces and nephews for 3 months 7 hours a day
    It's driving me crazy but thank God three days are left and then I'm gonna be free again

I invented Go-Gurt. Worst Job You've Ever Had?? Clint's Avatar

I once worked as a kennel for dogs, that was open during the day as a dog daycare. The job itself was pretty cool. I liked the dogs a lot. Playing with the dogs, giving them attention, and getting to know them was fun. I didn't even mind cleaning up their piss and shit.

The crappy part about that job ironically wasn't the feces. It was the fact that the company's owner hired only two other guys, and about fifteen women. Apparently it takes more then fifteen women to change a goddamn florescent light bulb, because every single time one of them burned out, I had to change it. And if I wasn't around, they would rather use flash lights to see rather then change the goddamn light bulb.

And if the flashlights ran out of batteries, I would have to change them. Apparently it takes more then fifteen women to change the batteries on a flashlight. Oh, and apparently women have a very low desire to actually work for their money. While I would be working, they'd be around talking to each other like a bunch of women, and somehow all of them got pay raises and I didn't. Obviously in a company run by women, the people who actually do work deserve to be paid less.

Or that could have been because my manager was a sexist bitch lesbo who really didn't like men. She might have just not liked me because I kind of subtly referred to her on a day to day basis as a moron, without ever actually technically insulting her. In my defense, I was just being honest. She was a moron. She may also not have liked me too much because I'm not an ass kisser. Ass kissers deserve a kick in the ass for having no balls, but since most of them were women anyway, I guess it makes sense that they wouldn't have the balls.

Anyway, that was my worst job. The dogs were awesome. The humans were morons.