Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Workin' out brah!?

The British Guy. Workin' out brah!? Robbo's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, i'm liking what this thread is you guys rule !

I also come bearing a question, I tried to preacher curl 12KG and my puny arm muscles bitched out so I had to drop to 10 however I can use the 12 for regular curls and Hammer curls, why is this?
    CPC8... Makin' it happen

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin
    Ruin says
    someone fart in my eye
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder
    Melibooyah says:
    Uggh bbl everyone is blowing me uo and I have to do my homework -_-
    Typo's change everything ^

Death Before Dishonor Workin' out brah!? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post

I also come bearing a question, I tried to preacher curl 12KG and my puny arm muscles bitched out so I had to drop to 10 however I can use the 12 for regular curls and Hammer curls, why is this?
    Preacher curls force you to use proper form. Whereas Hammer Curls while you are still getting a good workout you cna cheat with your form a little bit. Plus preacher curls isolate your muscles more than hammer curls putting a harder strain on them. Personally preacher curls are my favorite bicep workout and I swear by them.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Gingersnap Workin' out brah!? OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ^Yuh. More isolation.

I ran 8 miles this morning. Woop!

I took someone's recommendation and ran to Two Steps from Hell on Spotify and it was so epic lmao. I would definitely do that again, and will probably use that playlist for the Half in a few months, so I can pretend I am a part of a charging army of ELITE WARRIORS WHO HAVE TO RUN 13.1 MILES IN ORDER TO WHATEVER.

What do you guys listen to?
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Boxer of the Galaxy Workin' out brah!? Rowan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post

how many sets/reps can you do?
    Preacher curls are the best because its so easy to lack proper form with bicep exercises.
    just remember if you can 3 sets of 8, up the weight!

Queen Workin' out brah!? Crescent's Avatar
    I dont usually work out at night but Ive been out all day. Jumped on my treadmill n got in an hr n half run before the day's out. After-run stretching right now to:

Let's Dance Like We're Making Love -Ciara
    Body on Me -Rita Ora ft Chris Brown
    (My friend had these^ 2 on replay in the car all friggen day)
    Maybe (Deepjack & Mr Nu Remix)
    FFVII - Crazy Motorcycle Chase
    Do it again -Pia Mia ft Tyga n Chris Brown
    Jabuki - Can't afford it all (Kygo Remix).

A bubble bath is in order after this. My Perfect way to end the week.

Bananarama Workin' out brah!? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I can't lift for a few days because I tore the shit out of them at the driving range and batting cages this weekend. Blisters all over

Oh well my goal today is to run at least 4 miles. Right now I'm just working on getting the stamina and I figure I'll slowly up the speed on the treadmill every week or two.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanEyes28 View Post
    ^Yuh. More isolation.

I ran 8 miles this morning. Woop!

I took someone's recommendation and ran to Two Steps from Hell on Spotify and it was so epic lmao. I would definitely do that again, and will probably use that playlist for the Half in a few months, so I can pretend I am a part of a charging army of ELITE WARRIORS WHO HAVE TO RUN 13.1 MILES IN ORDER TO WHATEVER.

What do you guys listen to?
    Obviously I listen to 'X gonna give it to ya'

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    how many sets/reps can you do?
    Preacher curls are the best because its so easy to lack proper form with bicep exercises.
    just remember if you can 3 sets of 8, up the weight!
    I can almost do 3 sets of 10 with the 10 KG on the last set my baby bitch arms will fail XD
    but i can't do a rep with a 12 yet so i'll just patiently wait I guess.
    CPC8... Makin' it happen

Ruin says
    someone fart in my eye
    Melibooyah says:

@Pete Aw buddy

I don't listen to shit when I work out unless I'm at a friend's place and they're playing music. Yes, I'm a monster. My friends in MD play a lot of video game and anime music though. ****in Street Fighter is so good to get hype on.

Had a sweet lifting day today with PRs and feeling less concerned about my squat form so I'm very happy. Still pissed I ****ed up my wrist though.

Blog Entries
    Pete! You have the right idea with getting your running base solid before worrying about speed. Everything I've read and experienced has ended up with the conclusion: if you want to run fast, run more.

Like 80% of your training miles should be easy miles. You're running, but you could hold a conversation if you needed to.

I still consider myself a baby runner, but I have noticed that the longer my long runs get, and the more miles I average a week, the faster my "easy pace" gets.

That sucks about your shoulder, though. Damn I'd be pissed.

Tiff: how dare u

jk I don't usually do music for lifting. Running, yes. Unless I've had a bad day and need silence in order to commune with the natures.

Crescent: Nice!

Robbo: omg don't even play around, I just added that to my run playlist last week.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

LISTEN HERE!

I don't usually do music for lifting. Running, yes.
    THIS.

I only venture into the weights section at the gym when my guy friends are there cuz it can feel intimidating (Sooo many guys) n my friends like talking/helping me thru it (lifting, using equipment etc) or sometimes i'll jus watch em (to learn!) n pester em with lifting questions. Also My dance music motivates my runs on the treadmill n erases the monotony. Up-tempo beats make me run faster n longer.

and...

..to commune with the natures.
    THIS.

I dont bother with any music while running at the beach. Natural white noise -cant beat it- the sounds of the ocean, hearing the waves crash n roll in plus the smell of salt air, seagulls gliding n the soft sand, I feel completely relaxed n my mind at ease even while running up n down hills. They also have a public outdoors gym area (n skateparks) at the beaches bt I dnt use em.

I guess today's bit of physical activity involved my regular early morning gym sesh -an hr n hlf run n 20 mins post run stretching n resistance training.

A large craft beer bar just opened up next to my gym. I can't believe it.

Blog Entries
    Craft beer and exercise are two of my favorite things! Lucky you.

I've started doing a funny thing where I pick a beer I want to drink, if I'm in the mood, and split it with Caleb. It's useful on weeknights when I don't want a whole one, and when I get some new ones to try. Fewer empty calories, less drunk, easier to wake up in the morning.

Rant Wednesday: I HAD SOME KIND OF GOTDAMN VERTIGO THIS MORNING. I guess I slept wrong and got something out of alignment, because when I got out of bed, I was stumbling around trying to stand up straight, holding onto shit. So obviously, I skipped my workout because squatting and deadlifting while dizzy seemed like poor choices. I did some stretching, and then I cracked my neck and that seemed to help. But then it was too late to get in a good workout before work. So hopefully I stay upright until this afternoon so I can get it in then, but damnit! What the hell, body?

P.S. I didn't have beer last night, either.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

LISTEN HERE!

Blog Entries
    @Tifa Enlighten me whats a craft beer? Also i'm gonna take a swing and say it's beer you drink whilst doing some hardcore arts and crafts.

@OceanEyes28 Well that sounds terrifiying, how did it turn out for you? If you started something new and heavy it could maybe be it, i know nothing but when i started a new physically demanding job i got up in the early hours of the morning to piss once and my legs wouldn't take any weight at all, had to crawl.

Also people what is the best flavour of Protein shake?
    SPOILER!!:
    There is 1 correct answer and it's strawberry.
    CPC8... Makin' it happen

Ruin says
    someone fart in my eye
    Melibooyah says:

Blog Entries
    lmao. It's beer brewed in smaller craft batches (as opposed to beers like Bud or Miller). Stuff from smaller breweries, cool flavors and hop/grain combos.

I'm feeling better now, and I'm wondering if I either didn't eat enough (unlikely lololol) or my visit to the chiropractor yesterday got something out of alignment (which would be disappointing). Or maybe I have low blood pressure all of a sudden and you mother****ers should say your farewells.

I share your love of strawberry. <3 But chocolate is good too. Although, Quest makes a banana protein powder and that with a banana tastes like banana pudding, which I love.

Speaking of Quest, their new bar formula does not taste as good and makes my face break out waaahhhhhhh.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

LISTEN HERE!

Good guess, but not quite (per Alisyn's description). Shower beer is great though. Not so much shower protein shake.

I havent had strawberry yet but I've got Cinnabon at home & Cookies & Cream at work which are both bueno.

Blog Entries
    Quest bars are the shit! I love cookies and cream and the smores one.

I'm also a big fan of organic valleys organic fuel protein. Delicious, good for after a workout or for meal replacement.

Shower beers are also clutch
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

アズテオル Workin' out brah!? Azuteor's Avatar
    For a year, I've been doing Strong Lifts 5x5 and now I'm currently doing Ice Cream Fitness 5x5 on a cut (3x5). These two programs utilize the five big lifts, which are bench, deadlift, squat, OHP, and barbell rows. ICF is different because it adds accessory exercises and focuses more on muscle hypertrophy, while SL5x5 focuses on increasing strength. You only work out three days a week! ^_^ Both are great beginner programs because it keeps new lifters on a consistent schedule and you progress overtime. My current 5 rep max numbers are:

Squat 225
    Bench 140
    BBRow 150
    OHP 82.5
    Deadlift 210

I'm working on keeping my bench press to stay at 135 lbs and fixing my diet to lower my body fat percentage.

Personally I just do not like the taste of any protein powder blended with just water. So I add my protein powder to smoothies with fruits n veggies. On a typical day i'll add in frozen bananas (for an ice-cream consistency), blueberries n greens (kale,spinach). Sunwarrior's Classic Chocolate n Vanilla have been my default protein powder flavours for (5+) years. I used to order boxes of Chocolate Peanut Hammer Recovery Bars online n the store wud send me freebies because I ordered so many lol. I bought Vega One's Vanilla Chai last year after a friend recommended it to me. I loved drinking it with just hazelnut or coconut milk but generally I feel protein powders aren't all that necessary so I like to keep it simple n stick to basics (wholefoods).

Quote Originally Posted by Crescent View Post
    Personally I just do not like the taste of any protein powder blended with just water. So I add my protein powder to smoothies with fruits n veggies. On a typical day i'll add in frozen bananas (for an ice-cream consistency), blueberries n greens (kale,spinach). Sunwarrior's Classic Chocolate n Vanilla have been my default protein powder flavours for (5+) years. I used to order boxes of Chocolate Peanut Hammer Recovery Bars online n the store wud send me freebies because I ordered so many lol. I bought Vega One's Vanilla Chai last year after a friend recommended it to me. I loved drinking it with just hazelnut or coconut milk but generally I feel protein powders aren't all that necessary so I like to keep it simple n stick to basics (wholefoods).

Vegan or vegetarian? Asking cause I figured you wouldn't be drinking whey protien since its a product of dairy, right?

I drink protein because its already broken down in the mixture and can be absorbed by my body much faster, as it requires post workout. I actually got these really cool mesh DBZ gym tank tops but I dont wanna wear them until I improve my lifts, I dont feel I've earned them as of yet haha ><

BUT THEY'RE SO COOL

Vegan or vegetarian? Asking cause I figured you wouldn't be drinking whey protien since its a product of dairy, right?
    Yep the products I mentioned including the bars are all vegan. Vegan protein powders are generally plant-based n most use brown-rice, hemp n pea as their main protein base as opposed to using whey which is not vegan.

I drink protein because its already broken down in the mixture and can be absorbed by my body much faster, as it requires post workout. I actually got these really cool mesh DBZ gym tank tops but I dont wanna wear them until I improve my lifts, I dont feel I've earned them as of yet haha ><

BUT THEY'RE SO COOL
    How much do you spend on a container of protein powder? I'm cheap so I only buy Muscle Milk from the grocery store for $25. It's served me well so far. What brand do you use? Does it taste good and go down well?

Quote Originally Posted by Azuteor View Post
    How much do you spend on a container of protein powder? I'm cheap so I only buy Muscle Milk from the grocery store for $25. It's served me well so far. What brand do you use? Does it taste good and go down well?
    I spend between $80 - $125 on about 2kg's of powder. Lasts me about 5 months of solid 5 day per week training. Tbh, it doesnt really matter too much about brand other than flavour. Make sure when you buy it if you are trying to cut down, get the kind that has zero calories (it exists, believe me), otherwise then it doesnt matter too much. I always mix with water because you gonna be having it almost everyday, you dont wanna be having milk everyday its not that good for ya. In terms of flavour, dont worry. You will be sick of any flavour you get after 5 months of having it almost everyday.

Why did I think cookies and cream would be great, WHY!?!

Blog Entries
    Rowan are you using isopure? If so, try the creamy vanilla. They also make a shitty tasting, but zero carb fruit flavored bottled drink. Not sure if they make a fruit powder, but it's mixed with water and is a nice change from the typical chocolate and vanilla powders.

Also, back when I was unemployed and in beast mode, I would use monster milk (made by muscle milk), and it was delicious. Cake batter all the way, if they still make it
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

Blog Entries
    Ah man. I love Vega, but it is too expensive for my budget right now. ;_;

Been working tempeh into my meals, and I like that so far.

I just rewatched DBZ and that tank speaks to me...... I wouldn't be ready to wear it either, tho.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

LISTEN HERE!

Been working tempeh into my meals, and I like that so far.
    I tried tempeh like a yr ago. Hated it. But I'm willing to give it another go.

Speaking of tank tops x When its time to exercise I literally pull on the first thing I can find (thats clean) if I haven't already laid out an outfit the night before. Whether it'd be working out at the gym, park or beach I feel most comfortable wearing minimal clothing so I usually wear a sports bra (or crop top) n black tights, sometimes shorts tho oddly enough I feel -less- restricted in tights. I can also check out my overall form better during stretches, bridges n handstands n they don't ride up my ass when Im running on the treadmill.

DBZ <3 I still havent gotten around to watching Resurrection-F n one of my friends asked me (last night while at the cinemas watching AOTT) if I had watched it yet ..ugh.

I think its called ISO-100 Pete, but after I finish that im just gonna go back to whey gold standard low cals.

I finished watching dbz recently as well as well as the 2 new movies. That part in battle of gods when beerus slaps bulma and Vegeta powers up is -the- best.

Blog Entries
    Haha I usually wear one of my billion shitty 5k T-shirts to work out in. Unless it's a long run day when it's hot, and then I use one of my special tech shirts. oooo

I meeaaan tempeh is not THE BEST, but I just stir fried it in some soy sauce and then put it in a container to eat with other things. Like I put it in a burrito with some vegetarian refried beans for dinner and that was pretty good.

Mostly I've been putting it in burritos.

I haven't watched the DBZ movies yet but I want to. I feel weird about it, but I have always preferred Vegeta/Bulma to Goku/Chi-chi. Goku is the worst husband. Vegeta isn't husband of the year, but at least Bulma has a little bit of clout with him, whereas Chi-chi is made to look hysterical constantly just for wanting to know wtf is going on with her kid and Goku's all "lol stfu chi-chi we don't even like each other except for when it was time to get you pregnant with Goten." Am I nuts? I ALWAYS FEEL SO BAD for Chi-chi.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

LISTEN HERE!

I haven't watched the DBZ movies yet but I want to. I feel weird about it, but I have always preferred Vegeta/Bulma to Goku/Chi-chi. Goku is the worst husband. Vegeta isn't husband of the year, but at least Bulma has a little bit of clout with him, whereas Chi-chi is made to look hysterical constantly just for wanting to know wtf is going on with her kid and Goku's all "lol stfu chi-chi we don't even like each other except for when it was time to get you pregnant with Goten." Am I nuts? I ALWAYS FEEL SO BAD for Chi-chi.
    Chi-chi is the stereotypical asian mother who is obssessed with money, wants her son to be smart, have a good job. This has been exemplified on numerous occasions throughout the series and I think that the contrast of her strict nature against Goku's carefree nature furthar romanticized thier relationship.

I find it funny that when beerus slapped bulma, Vegeta went into an incredible rage that actually made him surpass goku.
    When Goku learns that buu killed chi-chi he says "darn"

lol

I spend between $80 - $125 on about 2kg's of powder. Lasts me about 5 months of solid 5 day per week training. Tbh, it doesnt really matter too much about brand other than flavour. Make sure when you buy it if you are trying to cut down, get the kind that has zero calories (it exists, believe me), otherwise then it doesnt matter too much. I always mix with water because you gonna be having it almost everyday, you dont wanna be having milk everyday its not that good for ya. In terms of flavour, dont worry. You will be sick of any flavour you get after 5 months of having it almost everyday.

Why did I think cookies and cream would be great, WHY!?!
    Hahah. I mixed chocolate milk with Muscle Milk one time and that turned out to be the worst post-workout drink I have ever experienced. It looked like thick diarrhea with all of the powdered chunks. I drank it anyways because it would have been a waste.

I usually wear graphic tees and black or grey gym shorts. I bought some running tights to wear under my shorts once it starts getting cold down in the South. Interestingly, there was this dude at my gym who wears an Underarmour shirt that looked like your typical Saiyan armor! I find that a lot of gym goers (including me) like to wear superhero tees.

I haven’t watched any of the new movies, but I have watched the first episode of Dragon Ball Super. I’m still a little salty that Gohan decided to stop training altogether for his studies. ¿Porqué no los dos? /Dora

Quote Originally Posted by Azuteor View Post
    I’m still a little salty that Gohan decided to stop training altogether for his studies.
    We all are, we all are.

He ended up with the most gorgeous of all DBZ girls though. cutest daughter too. Hope she grows up and can turn super saiyan, that would be awesome to see.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast