Thread: Why did your choose your username?

Registered User Why did your choose your username? LauriJ's Avatar

Arrow Why did your choose your username?

Simple question. Let's hear your stories.

Diablo Why did your choose your username? MechromancerFTW's Avatar

Why did your choose your username?

Well I was and still am a huge borderland 2 fan I just love the game because it combines to polar opposite genres FPS and RPG, and it works very very well for the game the characters are funny and enjoyable but anyway back to my name in borderlands there was five different classes (there's six now) Siren, Assassin, Gunzerker, Commando and Mechromancer. I loved the Mechromancer she and I seemed to have the same personality never really had many friends as a kid, enjoyed playing video games at home wasn't really interested in school yet having the intelligence to finish very well with a bit if effort, she enjoys having fun, plus she's very cute and has a likeable personality that could be considered irritating to most people as well. It would seems me and Gaige could make good sisters or even BFF's.
    Hell you could consider her to be me or me to be her.
    Anyway my username comes from borderlands 2.

#LOCKE4GOD Why did your choose your username? Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Final Fantasy superbosses are often named Omega and Ultima Weapon. My original name was Alpha Weapon following the same pattern. Eventually I dropped the Weapon.

Since then, for non-FF related things that I need a username for, I use Alpha if it isn't taken, or some variation on AlphaBeta or AlphaBetaSoup (alphabet soup) with hyphens or underscores between the different parts if needed. No real reason, but continuity is a pretty good reason to keep it up as far as I can see.

I wanna know why Locke4God was chosen by that one guy. Was it John Locke from Lost, or John Locke the philosopher? His avatar suggests the former, most of what he ever said suggested the latter (yes, even his weird fascination with Disney Land).

Consistently Average Why did your choose your username? Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I was going through a Kingdom Hearts phase during my first year here. My first username was something to do with Siax, but it was too long and sounded kinda goofy, so I wanted to find something shorter.

I was fighting the superboss Kurt Zisa on the first KH at the time and the battle left a pretty good impression on me so I went with it. This is the only place where I use that name though, seeing as it's an actual persons name (longish story), so I usually go with a variation of my real name, or something Transformery, like Floptimus_Prime or Night_Flight which is a character I created a few years ago.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Queen Why did your choose your username? Crescent's Avatar
    Lucrecia Crescent. Sephiroth's poor excuse of a birth mother. Plus I just find it to be a pretty sounding word that alludes to the moon.

Have your eyes been opened? Why did your choose your username? Nehi's Avatar
    Well, it all started... *Dreamscape moment* I was in middle school at the time, and I had recently begun to discover my love for reading books as well as writing. So one day I realized I could make up my own Kingdom Hearts fanfic! I started developing the usual stories which involved new Organization XIII and etc; at the time those were the most popular fanfics out there. I needed a temp. leader for this new Organization, so I created the Hexin. When removing the X sigil, and rearranging the letters, you get Nehi. It just so happened that in high school, I found out that there was indeed an old beverage called, NehiSoda(Knee-High Soda).

Blog Entries
    to put it simply, this name of mine was from a videogame character that I guess was currently on my mind at the time of when I registered for TFF back when I was a young 13 year old, lol. I'm still here! I don't think I have ever gotten a namechange and I probably wont plan on it; the name is short, easy to recognize, and has a long history of me here, sharing almost half my rl lifespan. Too many sentimental feels would be lost without it!!
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

TFF's Resident Messenger Why did your choose your username? Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's my name. Enough said. It was chosen for me before I was born, and if I'm lucky it will be remembered for years after I am no more. I use it here because I wasn't able to think of a nifty name when I joined. I mean, the only time I had a different name was one chosen by Alpha.

Long Live the Al-ha Empire!

Anyway, if you want to know more about my name, you'd have to ask my parents. They were the people who put that name on my birth certificate, and it's the one I use to sign my checks.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Why did your choose your username? Xanatos's Avatar
    My username was inspired by David Xanatos, for the most part the main antagonists in one of my favorite childhood cartoons, Gargoyles. His design was inspired by Jonathan Frakes, also known as William T. Riker from ST:TNG, who also lend him a voice.

The very first time I used this name was for creating my first e-mail address which by the way I still use, I kept using it for various sites ever since. When I first joined TFF I was forced to add -444 to it as it was already taken, got that changed later on after one of TFF's spring cleanings.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post

I wanna know why Locke4God was chosen by that one guy. Was it John Locke from Lost, or John Locke the philosopher? His avatar suggests the former, most of what he ever said suggested the latter (yes, even his weird fascination with Disney Land).
    I guess we will never know, hes probably busy trying to hop over the fence running from the disney police and instigating fights with those liberal hippy bitches.

Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    to put it simply, this name of mine was from a videogame character that I guess was currently on my mind at the time of when I registered for TFF back when I was a young 13 year old, lol. I'm still here! I don't think I have ever gotten a namechange and I probably wont plan on it; the name is short, easy to recognize, and has a long history of me here, sharing almost half my rl lifespan. Too many sentimental feels would be lost without it!!
    It's called King of Fighters for the people wondering.

Locke4God was probably leaning towards both.

LowLife -> Lowlf -> loaf/meaT_loaf
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

I invented Go-Gurt. Why did your choose your username? Clint's Avatar
    I had a couple usernames before Clint Eastwood, but I don't remember them. I chose Clint Eastwood because it's my name. I changed it to The Clint Eastwood soon thereafter to insinuate that I am literally "the" Clint Eastwood; actor, producer, director, and composer. After that, I changed it to The Goddamn Clint Eastwood, because "goddamn" is a term used to convey surprise or anger, and I wanted people to be surprised that I am Clint Eastwood, and angry that they aren't Clint Eastwood.

Now I am Christ Eastwood, because I have a lot of the qualities that makes a messiah, aka, a Christ. Like Jesus, I am capable of leading a political insurrection against the Romans, and returning the Israelites to their homeland.

Blog Entries
    Taco-Calamitous is derived from Calamity Taco, which was my user name in '06. I don't remember why I changed it to Calamity Taco, but probably because of Calamity Coyote, maybe. When I first changed it to the Taco theme however, it was Taco Del Fish, and that was derived from the restaurant Taco Del Mar, which had burritos that I liked. The one that was near me closed a long time ago however, and I haven't had any of their foods in some time... Taco-Calamitous is also the name of my dA page. It's more different.

Also I was Telegraph after a ska band from Chicago.

Woah. Seriously? Am I the only one without a great background story?

I named myself Freya just because I like Freya from FFIX. That's it. That's the end of the story.

I really feel awful for not having a fancy story. ._.

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post

I named myself Freya just because I like Freya from FFIX. That's it. That's the end of the story.

Pretty sure mine was shorter than yours and not even a story.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Diablo Why did your choose your username? MechromancerFTW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post

I didn't have a very good one either

*hugs Freya*

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Why did your choose your username? Polk's Avatar
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Just kind of there. Why did your choose your username? Calvan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I use Calvan because well. it's my name.
    No special meaning behind it. it's just my name.
    -My Tee Eff Eff Family-
    Unknown Entity, My recipe trading, PS3 playing cousin.
    ----------
    And then just like that i'm gone again.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    It's called King of Fighters for the people wondering.

Yeah, well Rock originated from Garou: Mark of the Wolves which is one of the Fatal Fury games, he did come from the SNK universe, so you are correct.

"Tiger Hair" Why did your choose your username? HeroZero's Avatar
    I pulled my name from a song by Motion city soundtrack. The song title is Capital H, and it had the line "I'm a hero zero with a capital Z (that's me). It just seemed to me something that I felt reflected myself, and I have used it since then (I also have it on PSN since the ps3 launch).
    "Evil spelled backwards is Live, and we all want to do that now don't we?"

I have been using the alias "nix" since about 1998 to put a finger on it, I used to play a game called "Delta force" at the time, its a team based FPS i was big into it, played for the best capature the flag clan/guild/squad/whatever in the world. Was a fun gaming time for me, i was on dial up back then and used to sneak online to play tournaments on school nights at like 4am, as it was mostly Americans in/running the tournaments and im in Ireland, i used to get charged per minute on dial up, i managed to rake in massive phone bill charges, got my ass kicked for that alot.

ANYWAY, cutting a long boring story shorter....

My alias was Phoenix and i joined a top "pro" team, for official tournament matches they asked the team to abbreviate their names, so it wouldnt take up the whole screen in game when having team frames showing, it could get in the way of a target or just mess up your aim. And a friend i was playing with at the time kept calling me nix so i went with that for my team name and its just stuck ever since, i was using Phoenix for a few years still but eventually just stopped and stuck with nix.

It was more unique anyway and better for login names for gaming etc, except most of them bastards have minimum character limits anyway

Spoony Bard
    Recurring Mini-Boss
    Why did your choose your username? Incognitus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    From the THICK BOOK OF WORDS:

incognito (ˌɪnkɒɡˈniːtəʊ, ɪnˈkɒɡnɪtəʊ)

— adv , — adj
    1. under an assumed name or appearance; in disguise

— n , -tos
    2. a person who is incognito
    3. the assumed name or disguise of such a person

[C17: from Italian, from Latin incognitus unknown, from in- 1 + cognitus known]
    Hero façade. Villain at heart.

Death Before Dishonor Why did your choose your username? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My first name is Josh, and my last name starts with an R. So I think I am pretty clever.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Mystyrion Why did your choose your username? C:/Dille.Run's Avatar
    C (first initial) Dille (last name) Run. See Dille Run. An old friend use to say that too me a lot during my scout camp days.

Typically I go by mystyrion (though I've had quite a few changes). I stole it from South Park and spelt it differently.

Registered User Why did your choose your username? HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I based my user name off the most BAMF character in the Resident Evil series. HUNK!

He always motivated me by dying in every game he's in and always somehow bouncing back. That ladies and gentlemen, is being resilient.

Chief Inspiring Officer Why did your choose your username? Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I was studying Medical Terminology at the college of Rampant Curiosity. I was also watching a lot of Naruto.
    Cyan is a prefix meaning blue.
    The traditional Japanese name Sasuke = well, who gives a great turd. Therefore, in conclusion, -Suke means great.
    I recently changed the suffix to '-ista' because I suddenly came to loathe Sasuke for treating Sakura that way.
    ~I'm sorry I haven't been around very much~

The votes are in for the sketch contest. See who won the epic battle here:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...12-voting.html

Certified tech, come at me! Why did your choose your username? SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    For those who don't know me, I am a fan of Sabin from FFVI. He's been one of my favorites for a long time. I added super because I couldn't use sabin back when I joined. I went through some other names along the way, but this one stands out the most.
    Currently Playing:

&amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;my destiny evades me&amp;amp;amp;amp;quot; Why did your choose your username? magewarrior's Avatar

Why did your choose your username?

There's not much to it actually. It was back in '02 while I was looking for an avatar for one of the very first forums I joined that I came across a google image titled "warriormage" my UN is just a reversed version of that title hence "magewarrior"
    Last edited by magewarrior; 01-22-2014 at 11:20 AM.

Whistling Songbird Why did your choose your username? Asectic's Avatar
    Considering I haven't really had many changes yet guess I'll mention something about this one.

My username also came without much great backstory either. Even better yet, not even from a game XD. "Athna" came from Cagalli Athna Yula, a character from my favorite GS anime, and while Loveil came out of entirely on a whim. I was told once that Athna was a greek word for something, which I forgot at this point, but here it is. Sorry to disappoint on topic a little

"Because I obviously haven't been on here for a while"
    - Said no one ever, 02/2020

>>>:

Oh hey there, thanks for opening! Here is a little section filled with my goodies here and there.

TIMELINE - Before 2019:

The Awesome Peeps (TFF Family):

Moogable
    Bleachfangirl
    Ekimeinna
    Treize
    Rocky
    Tiger Lily
    Unknown Entity
    FF Ace Cid-Silver
    Raider
    Secret Weapon