Thread: What game generation will your kids start from?

Badass Military Agent What game generation will your kids start from? Linus Li Lelouch's Avatar

What game generation will your kids start from?

As the title says, what generation of gaming will your kids start on (if they haven't already). Will they be like you and start old school to new school, or will they just skip everything and go straight into the new stuff which in turn, will make them ridicule the past?

I for one will make my kids start old to new, instead of Super Mario Galaxy, their getting Mario Bros for NES, instead of Final Fantasy XVIII, their getting Final Fantasy I on NES, instead of Pokemon Crystal Fire Black Platinum, their getting Pokemon Red, etc....

I just think if they jump to the front of the line, they won't truly appreciate how fun the front can really be without seeing it from the back...

What do you think...

~The will to not want anything in exchange for nothing~ *Your's truly Linus*

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Re: What game generation will your kids start from?

My kids can play whatever they want as long as they're not prone to seizures. If that was the case, then they would only get old non color Gameboy

Plus by the time I have kids, games will probably be ridiculously advanced and have real life interactions...like the .Hack anime lol.

EDIT: I don't even know If I'll still be gaming by the time I have kids, but I hope I am
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 04-02-2011 at 02:46 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Badass Military Agent What game generation will your kids start from? Linus Li Lelouch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder View Post
    Plus by the time I have kids, games will probably be ridiculously advanced and have real life interactions...like the .Hack anime lol.
    Amen to that!!

Honestly I'd be right next to them playing .hack lol

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My kids will be playing whatever I'm playing at the time. I will introduce them to older games as well, as I'd hate for them to miss out on such a large generation of gaming because of being blinded by the technology that'll be out when their hands are big enough to hold a controller. So... they'll play EVERYTHING I've grown up loving, provided they're old enough, can hold a controller, and if we have a working console.

That said... I'm unsure if I want my kids playing video games. I don't regret all those many hours I've put into gaming one bit, but I'd like my child to experience more than a piece of plastic with buttons and wires, and a flashing monitor. Also, THAT said, I'd be a little disappointed if they don't like games.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Registered User What game generation will your kids start from?

I think I'll just let my children (if I ever have any) play the games that they're interested in playing, also making sure the games they want/play fall into the appropriate age range. If that means they want to play the latest and greatest releases, then sure, they can start with those. If they peek through Mommy's collection of games, and something catches their eye and they seem like they wanna play it, then they can start with that.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

I want to play a game. What game generation will your kids start from? Zargabaath's Avatar

Depending if they are interested in gaming I will try to have them play older games. At least the Nintendo era FFs on the GBA/DS along with all FFs. Some Dragon Quest. Xenogears. Golden Axe, stuff like that. I may buy some classic consoles one day and have them play the games - Pilot Wings SNES!!!! I will try to instill that graphics are not the most important factor in a game, not even second.

I will try to get them hooked on DDR, ITG, Pump It UP, & Para Para, but if they look like they'll surpass me I'll have to break the arm/leg. J/K.

At the same time they won't be playing games all the time. Sports, specifically baseball, will be played. It is the law.

But if The World of .hack is comes to fruition... I may not have any kids. That would be a MMO I would definitely play. Instead of World of Warcrack, .crack.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth What game generation will your kids start from? Xanatos's Avatar

I'll certainly introduce them to games of my youth, though I highly doubt they'll take any interest since my generation games will probably look old, and crappy by then, and we all know that kids don't like old, and crappy stuff.

That wont pose a problem though, I'm sure I'll be still into gaming, so we're bound to have fun either way.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Quote Originally Posted by Zargabaath View Post
    Depending if they are interested in gaming I will try to have them play older games. At least the Nintendo era FFs on the GBA/DS along with all FFs. Some Dragon Quest. Xenogears. Golden Axe, stuff like that. I may buy some classic consoles one day and have them play the games - Pilot Wings SNES!!!! I will try to instill that graphics are not the most important factor in a game, not even second.

At the same time they won't be playing games all the time. Sports, specifically baseball, will be played. It is the law.
    I think that's what I was trying to obtain by this, I want to instill in them that games goes far beyond how pretty it looks, or how epic the music is. I want them to first learn the history of the games they will be playing, so that, that feeling of tradition is always there to remind them.

Honestly, some of the games that came out 10-25 years ago were still the best ones, which laid the foundation of the ones we have now, even now some of the newer ones still get outshined by the older ones. Or, hearing them say "Man dad/mom Final Fantasy XVIII is the best ever", and when you tell them to play Final Fantasy IV, V, or VI, they look at you and say "No way, the graphics on it sucks, games are different now dad/mom, man you guys are old".

As one who's been gaming a good 20+ years, it saddens me that soon the old legends will be nothing more but legends, but that happens with damn near everything so oh well I suppose. The knowledge of old will be forgotten among the new generation with the exception of those who wish to seek the foundation of the object they love today.

I played a few sports as a kid, mainly with my friends, or when I was outside playing and they asked me. Eventually after I graduated High School I never played sports again lol, the only thing I do now is play Billiards (pool) because I'm "disgusting" at it

Let darkness overshadow the light.. What game generation will your kids start from? Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

I will start them in the Snes. Then Sega, N64, Ps1,2 and then Ps5.

I refuse for them to play Xbox. I won't even mention Gears of war or Halo in my existence.

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

The Bad Boy of TFF What game generation will your kids start from? Block's Avatar

I have no idea where they'll start, probably wherever I happen to be gaming when they get of age to play games as well. I'm pretty damn sure it won't be anything older than current generation, and not because of lack of care for older games, but because I sure as shit don't have anything older than a wii in my house right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisyn
    I can tell by looking at you right at this moment from the angle of through your window that you have nothing to be ashamed of
    CPC8: Makin' it happen.

Crash Boom Bang What game generation will your kids start from? Lily's Avatar

shes already after my DS, which Im refusing to let her hands on, she'll snap it in half. But she'll start with what I already own, no way is she having anything new - when i eventually trust her enough to handle a control pad il probably start her on mario or sonic or summat of the SNES/Megadrive era

Minty

I'll probably start my future kids on older consoles.

This is actually because the newer generations of consoles and controllers are way breakable. I don't like that.
    Seeing as how I was holding a controller as soon as I could and chewing on it... yeah. Older gen for my babehs.

Sharing is caring, and caring is ment to be shared What game generation will your kids start from? The Dark Crystal's Avatar

I will have to say that would be up to them. Of course I would definitely show them older generation game's, and if they like them they can play them. If not then whatever, and by forcing them on them they would probably lose interest all together for video games.
    THE GREAT CONJUNCTION IS THE END OF THE WORLD! Or the beginning. Hm! -Aughra

gaming service ID:

Bananarama What game generation will your kids start from? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'll probably start my kids off in t-ball, and then if they're interested in moving on, I'll coach them in Little League, or soccer, or some kind of activity for them to do.

Honestly, I don't know how much I really want my future kids to be playing games. I'll probably buy them whatever console's out, but only let them play it for an hour or so a day if their homework is done and checked over...AND that they've done some kind of physical activity for the day.

I'm not raising sloths.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers