Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What does your name mean?

What does your name mean? Inagi's Avatar
    Cleverly hidden in the back of a carboard box/ base
    My new name is a pun off of Master Chief.

I like Master Chief, I like Cooking, together, they are the Master Chef.

^.^
    My TFF Family ^_^
    SPOILER!!:
    MY TFF FAMILY!

My raving sister, BleachFanGirl!

Crazed Trivia Addicted Cousin, Squall333!

My Trivia-Obsessed brother, Phantom!

My dragon impaling father, Dragoon_Nick!

My crazy aunt, Tiger Lily!

Pilot Extraordinare Brother, FF-Fan Cid!

Maniacal Menacing Brother, Momo Mastermind

My Vampire-Obsessed Sister, Vampiric Delirium!

My Semi-Insane fighter cousin, Celtic_Silver!

My Tree-Hugging Superhero Cousin, FFGuru

Feel free to pm me and join /\/\

Gingersnap What does your name mean? OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ^Ohhh hey. The thread is about your real name. If you would, tell us a bit about that. Thank you.

I checked the "who posted" thing and was surprised to see I hadn't done it yet. I swear I've told you guys about my name before.

Kay. So Alisyn comes first. Normally, I just look at "Alison" for the definition of my name. According to one site, it means "Of noble kind." I've also heard it means "sacred." Something along those lines. Also, my dad included the "syn" to represent the word "synchronicity." So that's a bit of an extra meaning.

My middle name is Faith. That's about it.

And finally, my last name means "red." It's appropriate, I think.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Registered User What does your name mean? Halie's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My name is Halie ["Hah-ll-ee"], but it was literally impossible for me to find. So I entered the names Halle and Hallie instead >.<

Halle means 'Ruler Of The Home', and is of German origin, and female gender.

And Hallie means 'Heroine'. It's Scandinavian, and again of female gender.

I also found some other variations of my name that meant 'Rememberance Of A Loved One', 'From The Manor House Meadow', and 'Sea'.

It's pretty annoying that my actual name couldn't be found, but I suppose there's not much difference in the other names though >.<

...Cool ^^

.x[Whisper]x.

Courage, Character, Confidence. What does your name mean? Lunasa's Avatar
    Brittany:

Named after the northwest region of France. The Britons fled here after the Anglo-Saxon invasion of England. In French: Bretagne

It literally means: From England. Boring, eh?

And guess what? It has 83 variants! WTF?!

Variants: Bibi, Bret, Bretny, Brett, Bretta, Brette, Bretteny, Brettiney, Brettney, Brettnie, Bridnee, Bridney, Brit, Britani, Britany, Britanny, Briteny, Britianee, Britiney, Britiney, Britney, Britni, Britny, Britnye, Briton, Britt, Britta, Brittainny, Brittainy, Brittamy, Brittan, Brittana, Brittane, Brittanee, Brittaney, Brittani, Brittania, Brittaniee, Brittann, Brittanyne, Britte, Brittell, Britten, Brittenee, Britteney, Brittenie, Britteny, Brittiani, Brittianni, Brittiany, Brittie, Brittin, Brittina, Brittine, Brittiney, Brittini, Brittiny, Brittknee, Brittlin, Brittlynn, Brittnaye, Brittne, Brittnea, Brittnee, Brittneigh, Brittney, Brittni, Brittny, Britton, Brittoni, Brittony, Britty, Brittyne, Brityn, Brityne, Brytnea, Brytni, Bryton, Bryttani, Bryttany, Bryttine, Bryttnee and Bryttney.

"Let oneself make oneself a fool. Blind. Senseless. Confused."
    ~Anonymous

since i always get asked about my sons name i figured i would post here.

His name is Breyen (pronounced BRAY-EN)

Meaning: strong / agressive

Origin: Geremany

We wanted to name him a unique name and we searched through about 5 baby books and 20 online sites before we found this name back in the first book we looked in haha. We searched all the other ones again and couldnt find it, couldnt find any other refernece anywhere else on the net so we figured that was unique enough and fell in love with it. and after seeing him for the first time we knew we made the right choice.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

pokewiz99
    Mine's Alex. I like to lead (even though no one listens) and am smart. Alexander Grahm Bell was smart, and Alexander the Great was a great ruler.

My middle is Joseph, named for Joseph in the Christian Bible.

No idea what my last name means, but I know it is a shortened form, shortened some century ago.

MiniCloudz
    Hey, my name is Ryan. I hate my name >_> But apparantly it's a popular surname meaning Little King, Strength and... something else... I can't remember T_T;

Vagabond Thief What does your name mean? Rikkuffx's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I got this from namespedia.com

Name: Rebecca

Language: English, Italian

Thematic: Biblical

Meaning: Comes from the Hebrew name Rivka, which means "bound" or "faithful".

Comments: Like Sarah and Elizabeth, this name is an old biblical standby that experiences bursts of popularity and unpopularity, but never fades from sight.

I've also heard it means "pig" and "peacemaker"

~TFF Family~
    Doc Rocco-My illegitimate and nefarious son
    Fishie-My lusty neighbor who loves to egg old people!
    Martin-My awesome Tff lil bro who lets me cry on his shoulder!
    Unknown Entity-My wonderful banner making sis <3
    Halie-my slightly crazy but wondeful sis <3
    My geeky maple story loving bro-joesteel64

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wow, lookie at what I found! Just gonna start a thread likies this...

My name is Gemma, and this is what I found out:

The girl's name Gemma \ge(m)-ma\ is pronounced JEM-ah. It is of Latin origin, and its meaning is "gem, jewel". Saint Gemma was an Italian saint canonized in 1940. She was an ordinary young woman whose religious life included manifestations of the stigmata, or the marks of Christ's wounds.

Gemma has 5 variant forms: Gem, Gemmalyn, Gemmalynn, Jemma and Jemsa.

Gemma also means "precious stone" in Italian.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Registered User What does your name mean? winterborn86's Avatar
    Ok my name is Stephanie (prefer steph tho)
    Im abit confused with my name, as i done several searches and some say my name is french origin, and others are saying its greek origin, either way the meanings are pretty much the same:

French Female Crowned in victory.
    Greek Female Feminine form of Stephen: Crown; victorious.

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 What does your name mean? T.G. Oskar's Avatar
    Decided to give a hit at it for the heck of it. I always had the idea of what they meant (well, one of them), but decided to go sure for it.

So, my first name: Oscar. It's a derivation from the Scandinavian version of the same name (hence, why I use it with a K as my username, to honor the original version). It seems to have the meaning of "spear of the gods", so that might mean my name was used, constantly, to refer to...Gungnir, I assume. Since Wotan is one of the few Germanic deities revered in Scandinavia to prize a spear as it's main weapon. I reckon Tyr does too. It passed from Scandinavia to Britain, and from there to America. It's a rather popular Latin name as well. It's often pronounced "OS-kar", but in the Caribbean region is pronounced "os-KAR" instead. It's also supposed to mean "friend of the deer", from ancient Gaelic.

Supposedly, a common variant is..."Ozzy". I thought I had rather rare famous guys with my same name (Oscar de la Hoya, Oscar de la Renta, Oskar Schindler, the uncle from the Academy Awards), and it seems I must add Ozzy Osbourne to the list.

Heck...yeah!!

So, up to the second name: Guillermo. It's the Spanish variant of the English "William", which is again the variant of the original German/Dutch "Wilhelm/Willem". From the German you might guess it's origin...yep, "Helmet of Will". Will, as in willpower, mind ya. It has quite a number of variants: Guillermo, Guilherme, Guillaume, William, Wilhelm, Willem...yipes, one for each European country I believe.

I could go last names, but those have so much meanings, I'll not bother. Just will let you know one's Basque and the other's French. So: purely European names, not an inch of African or Native American.
    Delivering scathing wit as a Rogue using Sneak Attack.

Pester me on the Giant in the Playground Forums if you really need me.

The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

'Tis a shame I can only place names now...:
    Silver, Omnitense, Govinda, Aerif, Meier Link,
    (whatever is the name of) The Stig, Grizzly, Fishie,
    Craven, Spiral Architect, Flash AND Froggie.

Spaces still available. Join today!!

Nomu-baka, this is FAR from over...:

Soup Kitchen Jerk. What does your name mean? Polk's Avatar
    Brad
    Broad Meadow
    Origin: English

What the hell.

Also, my last name is French, so I assume it means something along the lines of "The Surrenderer" or some other stereotypical term for French people.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Mine is just Holly, after the tree. I am sick of people calling me Prickly Holly... definitely a name change when I'm old enough. Though my boyfriend thinks it's cute... LMAO
    Pokéshipping|Contestshipping|Ikarishipping

Refieth|Cesa|Miguna (Rune Factory)

shiny lapras' lake. join today.

TFF Family, Avvy Credit & Other Randomness:

My friendly neighborhood pilot, FF Ace Cid
    My rocking on niece, Unknown Entity
    My grammar obsessed cousin, Doc Rocco
    My crazy sister, X SlAyEr
    My morally ambiguous cousin, Silver
    My anime addicted sister, Athna Loveil
    My seriously awesome uncle, Fishie
    My random, friendly, and sugar-eating aunt, Xeim
    That zany cousin that magically appears from time to time, Meier Link
    My Haruhiist brother, Morik the Rogue

Banned What does your name mean? Jesus Christ's Avatar
    In the hearts of the little boys and girls
    Kamille Frass is the name of the demon that lives inside my head. He has wings with razorblades for feathers and is ****ing hilarious.

Synthesized Ascension What does your name mean? Zardoch's Avatar
    -le gasp!- I havez a name!

The boy's name Travis \t-ra-vis\ is pronounced TRAV-iss. It is of Old French origin, and its meaning is "to cross over". Occupational name for gate-keepers and others who collected tolls at bridges and fords.
    I hate the French.

What does your name mean? cetra_aeris's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My name is Kaley... It's my middle name... but I never get called by my frist name. X3

Kaley:
    There are 5 letters in your name.
    Those 5 letters total to 18
    There are 2 vowels and 3 consonants in your name.

What your first name means:Gaelic Male Slender; fair. Form of Caelan.
    English Female Variant of Kay and Kayla, meaning: keeper of the keys; pure.

Your number is: 9

The characteristics of #9 are: Humanitarian, giving nature, selflessness, obligations, creative expression.

The expression or destiny for #9:
    The expression that you exhibit is represented bythe number 9. Your talents center in humanistic interests and approaches. You like to help others as you were intended to be the 'big brother or big sister' type. You operate best when you follow your feelings and sense of compassion, and allow yourself to be sensitive to the needs of others. You work well with people, and have the potential to inspire. This suggests that you could successfully teach or counsel. Creative ability, imagination and artistic talent (often latent) of the highest order are present in this expression. It's possible that you're not using or developing all of these capabilities at this time. Some of your talents may have been used at an earlier time in your life, and some may still be latent. Be aware of your capabilities, so that you can make use of them at appropriate times.

If you are able to achieve the potential of your natural expression in this life, you are capable of much human understanding and have a lot to give to others. Your personal ambitions are likely to be maintained in a very positive perspective, never losing sight of an interest in people, and a sympathetic, tolerant, broad-minded and compassionate point of view. You are quite idealistic, and disappointed at the lack of perfection in the world. You have a strong awareness of your own feeling as well as those of others. Friendships, affection, and love are extremely important.

Undeveloped or ignored, the negative side of the 9 expression can be very selfish and self-centered. If you do not actively involve yourself with work that benefits others, you may tend to express just the opposite characteristics. It is your role to be very involved with other people and their needs, but it may be difficult for you achieve this role. Aloofness, lack of involvement, and a lack of sensitivity mark the low road of this expression.

Your Soul Urge number is: 6

A Soul Urge number of 6 means:
    With a number 6 Soul Urge, you would like to be appreciated for your ability to handle responsibility. Your home and family are likely to be a strong focus for you, perhaps the strongest focus of your life. Friendship, love, and affection are high on your list of priorities for a happy life. You have a lot of diplomatic tendencies in your makeup, as you a able to rectify and balance situations with an innate skill. You like working with people rather than by yourself. It is extremely important for you to have harmony in your environment at all times.

The positive side of the 6 Soul Urge produces a huge capacity for responsibility; you are always there and ready to assume more than your share of the load. If you possess positive 6 Soul Urges and express them, you are known for your generosity, understanding and deep sympathetic attitude. Strong 6 energy is very giving of love, affection, and emotional support. You may have the inclination to teach or serve your community in other idealistic ways. You have natural abilities to help people. You are also likely to have artistic and creative leanings.

If you have an over-supply of 6 energy in your makeup, you may express some of the negative traits common to this number. With such a strong sympathetic attitude, it is easy to become too emotional. Sometimes the desires to render help can be over done, and it can become interfering and an attitude that is too protective, rather than helpful. The person with too much 6 energy often finds that people tend to take advantage of this very giving spirit. You may tend to repress your own needs so that you can cater to the demands from others. At times, there may be a tendency in this, for becoming over-loaded with such demands, and as a result become resentful.

Your Inner Dream number is: 3

An Inner Dream number of 3 means:
    You dream of artistic expression; writing, painting, music. You would seek to more freely express your inner feeling and obtain more enjoyment from life. You also dream of being more popular, likable, and appreciated.

I guess it describes me pretty well... Sadley, many sites couldn't tell me anything about my name T^T But I was bored enough to keep searching! XD

Quote Originally Posted by Kamille Frass View Post
    Kamille Frass is the name of the demon that lives inside my head. He has wings with razorblades for feathers and is ****ing hilarious.
    Read the first post please... >.> This is about what your real name means, not your internet name/nickname. Unless of course you are seriously called Kamille Frass... and the guy at the register office would accept that? I think not.
    Pokéshipping|Contestshipping|Ikarishipping

Refieth|Cesa|Miguna (Rune Factory)

shiny lapras' lake. join today.

TFF Family, Avvy Credit & Other Randomness:

My friendly neighborhood pilot, FF Ace Cid
    My rocking on niece, Unknown Entity
    My grammar obsessed cousin, Doc Rocco
    My crazy sister, X SlAyEr
    My morally ambiguous cousin, Silver
    My anime addicted sister, Athna Loveil
    My seriously awesome uncle, Fishie
    My random, friendly, and sugar-eating aunt, Xeim
    That zany cousin that magically appears from time to time, Meier Link
    My Haruhiist brother, Morik the Rogue

Full Time Glompasaurus What does your name mean? Raider's Avatar
    My name is Ieuan

I can't find much on it cause its welsh but it comes from teh old welsh name for John.

It also means God is Gracious.

FIRST LETTER
    I then you are humanitarian & emotional.

FIRST VOWEL
    E= You are versatile & live for the moment.

cOOL I ROCK
    ♥The Morning After Crew♥

Gilles De Rais was all leik Blah Blah Blah.

Loookiee!:
    Family
    Athna Loveil - Awesome Cousin
    iheartpixels ♥

What does your name mean? GazetteGuren's Avatar
    hmm well my names Roisin (iriish name even though im not irish :/) it means little rose
    or little flower
    or something alonmg those lines

Quote Originally Posted by Refieth View Post
    Read the first post please... >.> This is about what your real name means, not your internet name/nickname. Unless of course you are seriously called Kamille Frass... and the guy at the register office would accept that? I think not.
    Do you work at the register office? I think not.

As far as you know it is my real name.

Do you work at the register office? I think not.

As far as you know it is my real name.
    Stop posting in this thread if you are going to be a retarded n00b now get lost or post decently.

I also found out that my name means Calm And Collected
    ♥The Morning After Crew♥

Loookiee!:
    Family
    iheartpixels ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Another Chance To Live View Post
    Stop posting in this thread if you are going to be a retarded n00b now get lost or post decently.

I also found out that my name means Calm And Collected

UH OH, RED FIREY SMILIE FACE MEANS SO AND SO IS MAD. I HAD BETTER LISTEN.

I resent being called a n00b. I'm anything but, I've been around the forum game so long that I'm now starting to enjoy it and realizing that an internet forum is not "serious business". Lighten the **** up already. If the admin doesn't want me around then it's the admin's prerogative to ban me. Members telling me to get lost just makes me realize that you are very easy to troll.

Love, Kamille.

UH OH, RED FIREY SMILIE FACE MEANS SO AND SO IS MAD. I HAD BETTER LISTEN.

I resent being called a n00b. I'm anything but, I've been around the forum game so long that I'm now starting to enjoy it and realizing that an internet forum is not "serious business". Lighten the **** up already. If the admin doesn't want me around then it's the admin's prerogative to ban me. Members telling me to get lost just makes me realize that you are very easy to troll.

Love, Kamille.
    Actually that was only meant as a joke.

But please your digging yourself a deeper hole and making yourself more of n00b. Just admit it you wee being stupido. and i was only advising you not trying to be admin. (altho i wish i was )

anyhow

ieuan
    Extremely intelligent in thought and deed you are gifted at communication and finding practical applications for your ideas. You are strong willed and ambitious and need to have passion, freedom and adventure in your life. Always willing to help others your warm, honest and loyal nature ensures that you are loved by all. It is likely that you will achieve a great deal of success and recognition in life.
    ♥The Morning After Crew♥

Loookiee!:
    Family
    iheartpixels ♥

Bass Player Extraordinaire What does your name mean? Joe's Avatar
    JOSEPH

Usage: English, French, German, Biblical

Pronounced: JO-səf (English), zho-ZEF (French), YO-zef (German)
    From Iosephus, the Latin form of Greek Ιωσηφος (Iosephos), which was from the Hebrew name יוֹסֵף (Yosef) meaning "he will add". In the Old Testament Joseph was the eleventh son of Jacob. Because he was the favourite of his father, his older brothers sent him to Egypt and told their father that he had died. In Egypt, Joseph became an advisor to the pharaoh, and was eventually reconciled with his brothers when they came to Egypt during a famine. This name also occurs in the New Testament, belonging to Saint Joseph the husband of Mary and Joseph of Arimathea.

In the Middle Ages, Joseph was a common Jewish name, being less frequent among Christians. In the late Middle Ages Saint Joseph became more highly revered, and the name became popular in Spain and Italy. In England it became common after the Protestant Reformation. This name was borne by rulers of the Holy Roman Empire and Portugal. Other notable bearers include Polish-British author Joseph Conrad (1857-1924) and the Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin (1878-1953).

and as for my Middle Name:

JOSHUA

Usage: English, Biblical

Pronounced: JAH-shə-wə (English), JAW-shwə (English) [key]
    From the Hebrew name יְהוֹשֻׁעַ (Yehoshu'a) meaning "YAHWEH is salvation". Joshua was one of the twelve spies sent into Canaan by Moses in the Old Testament. After Moses died Joshua succeeded him as leader of the Israelites. As an English name, Joshua has been in use since the Protestant Reformation.

The name Jesus comes from a Greek translation of the Aramaic short form יֵשׁוּעַ (Yeshu'a), which was the real name of Jesus.
    (TFF Family):

My TFF Family:
    My Anime Addicted sister Athna Loveil
    My Unspoken Scabbia Loving Bro Fishie
    My Godsmack addicted brother Omega Weapon
    My Kooky Soap opera addicted sister Rikkuffx
    My Kinky Chipmunk Cousin Unknown Entity, because, you know, cousins can still do stuff in certain states.
    My Twin-like bro Ruin_Tumult
    Craven
    Slots still available, PM to join!

Quote Originally Posted by Another Chance To Live View Post

But please your digging yourself a deeper hole and making yourself more of n00b.

If by digging a deeper hole you mean having as much fun here posting things as I can until I get bored with it all together/get banned, then yes, I'm digging like a robot with 6 mechanical arms and shovels for hands.

My name means 'Beloved Outlaw' so Im kinda like Robin Hood or something XD My first name (Cara) is Italian and my second name (Doyle) is Irish My middle name is Gray which means...grey >> so I dont bother including that...
    ~I just keep on laughing, hiding the tears in my eyes~

Uhmmm... I really don't know what does my name means... hehehe... yeah...

My names Ellie

Ellie is shortened for Eleanor. Wow thats so interesting...

*sigh* oh well

Noah is a Hebrew name for all you who are interested. Noah means repose, consolation, comfort, and rest. Those are all kinda the same thing though and I'm not sure if I rightly live up to the meaning.

I found that the name also has English and Scottish roots but they have unknown meanings behind the name, I don't really know what that means but figured I'd let all you in on it too.

Black out!
    EBG

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast