Thread: "Watch out for that..." *SMACK* "Oh..."

Registered User "Watch out for that..." *SMACK* "Oh..."

"Watch out for that..." *SMACK* "Oh..."

Ever accidentally hurt yourself? Ever had the misfortune of having a lot of people see you hurt yourself? Or maybe you're just one of the lucky few who are aware of your surroundings at all times, and never did anything like run into an door, slip down a flight of stairs, etc... If so, then I'm jealous and I wish I had your life.

I can recall two stories that I can talk about:

One was back when I was about 12 years old, and it was late at night. I got up to get a drink of water, and thought I saw something run across the kitchen floor. It may have been a mouse, or it may have just been my tired mind playing tricks on me. Whatever it was, it scared me, so I ran back to my room...and hit my head against the door frame. Pretty sure I was seeing stars after doing that, and to make it worse, I had a pretty nasty bump where I hit my head. I had to keep a bag of ice on it for like half a day before it started to go down. Thankfully, I did that on a weekend, so I didn't have to go to school with a huge bump on my head...

Another time, I was registering for classes at the local college, and after that was finished, I walked down the flight of stairs to get back to the lobby. I looked up to see that a friend of mine was walking along the sidewalk. I guess in that moment of not paying attention to what I was doing, I somehow slipped and fell down a few of the steps. I have no idea if anyone saw this or not, because I quickly picked up my bag and bolted out of there as fast as I could. Once I got back home, I checked to see if there was any marks or anything from the fall. There was a bruise on my thigh and another on my upper arm. Nothing serious, but it was pretty embarrassing.
    Last edited by Dodie16; 06-08-2010 at 02:45 PM.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Re: "Watch out for that..." *SMACK* "Oh..."

I tell this all the time..

Was walking home from school. Was just outside my neighborhood and I decided to kick this piece of paper that was on the ground. Well once I tried to kick it I woke up laying on the ground. Apparently as I tried to kick it with some might, I missed and made myself fall on my ass, my friend who was walking with me was laughing even while I was knocked out for a second lol.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

"Watch out for that..." *SMACK* "Oh..." Jin's Avatar

I seem to walk into things. I've walked into a screen door (which I managed to bend the frame of) and I've walked into a glass door. The former was at a backyard BBQ so most of my mates saw it and had a good chuckle while the latter took place at an Earl's restaurant, so most of my mates and the general public were lucky enough to see that one.

Good times.

Until now!

Shake it like a polaroid picture "Watch out for that..." *SMACK* "Oh..." RagnaToad's Avatar

I remember walking into a few glass doors when I was a kid. I was (and still am actually) a real daydreamer.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Blog Entries

I walk into things all the time. Well, maybe not all the time. The last really good one was when I was getting laundry. I stood up, turned around, and walked into the corner of the door. A little later while driving, I realized my head was bleeding. I was like, "That's great! " And then a little later my mom saw and was like "OMG WTF?!!"

Another time I was walking on a path in Yellowstone, and I ducked to walk under a downed tree branch. Didn't duck far enough. My face immediately was covered in blood, and one of the guys walking with me freaked out and washed it for me. Wish I could've gotten a picture of my face all bloody first. Oh well. That same hike, I also kept hitting my knee against downed trees as I tried to step over them. That leg was fairly sore for a few days after, and I kinda dragged it behind me for a little while there...

It's a good thing I'm indestructable. I can't say the same for that which gets in my way, however. All will be OBLITERATED!! Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

"Watch out for that..." *SMACK* "Oh..." Jin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RagnaToad View Post
    I remember walking into a few glass doors when I was a kid. I was (and still am actually) a real daydreamer.
    These were both done last year.

Until now!

Boss Jr.

I don't crash into stuff...... stuff crashes into me!

Like the other day I was just walking, minding my own business, not really paying attention.... and some kind of.... Wall, leapt in front of me! *pft* Well, needless to say we collided, thankfully I was alone at the time so there were no witnesses.

Still, How Insensitive! And in my own home too!

The main thing for me is that I always hit my pinky toe on everything. I've broken my pinky toe nail off both feet three times each, no joke. Since the last time I hit one, I haven't in a while because I'm trying to be more careful when I'm walking through the hallway. The worst time was when someone left the vacuum cleaner sitting out and I nipped my toe good

Another thing that comes to mind is when I was in the second or third grade. We were on the blacktop for PE and I tried to jump over my backpack (like a jump rope) and of course that didn't work, so I ended up smacking into the assault face first hahah. I had cuts perfectly on my forehead, tip of my nose, top lip and chin.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 06-09-2010 at 12:23 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

From the ruins of Zanarkand "Watch out for that..." *SMACK* "Oh..." Yuna's Avatar

LOL there was a time, when I was 6, I used to play in a big garden, with my cousin. I used to ride a byke, so one day, I was running away from a dog, very fastly...and I smashed myself on a lamppost, because I was watching at the dog...

I hurt myself very badly lol. Oh there was also the time, and I was 10 ten, when I was jumping around with friends...due to dust, I slipped on the pavement...and a little part of my incivors were gone, with a lot of blood everywhere ahaha

Bad times for sure =D

Certified tech, come at me! "Watch out for that..." *SMACK* "Oh..." SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    Ever accidentally hurt yourself? Ever had the misfortune of having a lot of people see you hurt yourself? Or maybe you're just one of the lucky few who are aware of your surroundings at all times, and never did anything like run into an door, slip down a flight of stairs, etc... If so, then I'm jealous and I wish I had your life.
    The topic you're speaking of is why failblog exists.

Lets see what my accidents consisted of over the years...

Falling into the pool - check
    Running into sliding glass doors - check
    Falling down the stairs - check
    Almost breaking my arm falling off scooter - check
    Slipping and falling - check
    Slipping and falling while holding a tree log - check
    Blackflipping into the grass after getting hit in the head with a ball - check
    Frontflipping into neighbor's grass after rolling down driveway in rollerblades - check
    Hurting myself - check
    Tripping over the pants i'm wearing - check
    Falling off the bed - check
    Falling out of a chair - check
    Rear ending another car - check
    Walking into the door - check

Thats about all I can think of.
    Currently Playing:

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The title reminded me of George of the Jungle. Now I have the theme tune stuck in my head...

I wouldn't say I was completely accident prone, but it happens. Me and my friends were riding scooters (the push ones) near school, in the road because it was empty. We started to race from one end to the other. About halfway, my front wheel got caught in a hole, or drain, or something, and I flew over the handle bars and crash landed on my back... to have the back end of the scooter to flip on top of me. I was in too much shock and amazement to feel the pain... until later.

Also, yesterday, I walked into the edge of a door. I opened the door half-way and slipped into my mothers room to ask something, and ended up stepping all the way in. I'd forgotten how I'd left the door, so when I turned around - BAM. Like Cameron Diaz in Charlie's Angels, but with much more force because she knew it was going to happen and I didn't.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Blog Entries

Although I'm no walking insurance hazard like Lococolt, I've had my fair share of bumps and bruises. One time I tripped while at the swimming pool and hit my chin on the edge of a pool, which resulted in an ER trip and stitches. This was back when I was 7 or 8 though.

Though I'm still a clumsy fellow, I never seem to get hurt or at least as hurt. I just tend to embarrass myself in front of people but I don't get bad injuries by any means.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Registered User &quot;Watch out for that...&quot; *SMACK* &quot;Oh...&quot; kupo's Avatar

i run into the corner of walls a lot more often then i should

once when i was 14 i was at a swim meet about to swim a race. while the heat before me was in the water, i put my right foot up on the starting block to stretch my leg out. my foot slipped and i hit it on one of these HUGE screws that holds the block in place. it hurt some but it wasn't too bad until i was in the middle of my race and pushed off that foot really hard off a wall. when i got out of the pool the toe next to my big toe was all purple and bruise-y. needless to say i broke it

another time i was at swim practice and my knee slipped while getting out of the pool. at this particular pool the lane ropes were screwed into the wall instead of hooked in. my knee just happened to smack on the screw part and it got busted up pretty bad and didn't stop bleeding for 30 minutes. it didn't really hurt it just wouldn't....stop....bleeding.

note to self...stay away from screws and pools

*edit* oh yea, and there was the time when i was 2 and i tripped and hit my forehead on the side of our house; needless to say i needed stitches and i still have the "battle scar" to prove it
    Last edited by kupo; 06-08-2010 at 07:11 PM.

"With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man." - Balthier

CURRENTLY PLAYING
    final fantasy xiii-2
    skyrim
    pokemon fire red

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) &quot;Watch out for that...&quot; *SMACK* &quot;Oh...&quot; che's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sabin Rene Figaro View Post
    The topic you're speaking of is why failblog exists.

Lets see what my accidents consisted of over the years...

Falling into the pool - check
    Running into sliding glass doors - check
    Falling down the stairs - check
    Almost breaking my arm falling off scooter - check
    Slipping and falling - check
    Slipping and falling while holding a tree log - check
    Blackflipping into the grass after getting hit in the head with a ball - check
    Frontflipping into neighbor's grass after rolling down driveway in rollerblades - check
    Hurting myself - check
    Tripping over the pants i'm wearing - check
    Falling off the bed - check
    Falling out of a chair - check
    Rear ending another car - check
    Walking into the door - check

Thats about all I can think of.
    Quite the resume there, Sabin.

One time before I was skateboarding, and Block came out of his house (this is when he lived across the street from me, not long after we had met), and I decided to do some trick off of my driveway onto the street. I failed and fell and ended up breaking my wrist, and all Block had to say about it was: "HAHA! Did you break your ass?!" And I remember being in a lot of pain and feeling like I was about to faint almost and he just went back into his house laughing.

I dunno who was more of the asshole. Me for failing to look cool or Block for not giving a crap that I might have actually hurt myself.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

&quot;Watch out for that...&quot; *SMACK* &quot;Oh...&quot; Jin's Avatar

Nothing satisfies me more in this world than watching skateboarders fall and hurt themselves.

Until now!

I want to play a game. &quot;Watch out for that...&quot; *SMACK* &quot;Oh...&quot; Zargabaath's Avatar

Well just so happened today that while I was removing my niece's car seat I went to lock my door and... BAM! I smacked my head into the side of my door. I was pretty peeved that the door decided to be a castle wall. I bled a little bit; I'm going with that I got into a fight with a sabertooth tiger, headbutted said sabertooth tiger and won.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Ellipsis &quot;Watch out for that...&quot; *SMACK* &quot;Oh...&quot; Meigumi's Avatar
    Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

When I was in 3rd grade, we played with scooters(those 4-wheels) during PE on some day. I was playing tag with a group, and I hit my head against the wall on accident. I was okay though. Everyone asked if I was okay, and some made fun of my mistake. It was a little embarrasing.

I also remember walking backwards towards a wall, when I was backing away from someone with a dead bug in their hand.
    .....And I also stole that cupcake.

TFF Family~:

Ice-cream loving brother Fate
    The great benevolent dark lord Elyon Demidias
    Lovable doll ViviMasterMage
    Soul Stealing, Chaos-loving, Pom-pom eating older brother Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    The Awesome and Dashing Thief, ethan
    The Stealthy Swordsman of Poetic Power, genome's blade

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth &quot;Watch out for that...&quot; *SMACK* &quot;Oh...&quot; Xanatos's Avatar

My sister was cleaning the hall one day, the floor was still wet when I returned home earlier that day. There was no warning which was strange as she would usually attach a note on door saying we should be careful or something like that, guess she didn't expect anyone coming home earlier than usual. I rushed in as always, slipped, kissed the floor before I knew it, luckily I wasn't injured, not seriously that is.

There was that time when I was a goalkeeper for a local football team, and a quite good one I must say, though it was mostly due to my recklessness than anything else, I wasn't afraid to throw myself at the ball no matter what. That stupid thinking of mine lead me not to an injury but embarrassment, I hit with my head on the post trying to catch a ball that was already going to a goal out can't say it hurt as I was unconscious for the most of the time, I remember waking up with a bruise on my forehead and coach yelling at me.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) &quot;Watch out for that...&quot; *SMACK* &quot;Oh...&quot; che's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    My sister was cleaning the hall one day, the floor was still wet when I returned home earlier that day. There was no warning which was strange as she would usually attach a note on door saying we should be careful or something like that, guess she didn't expect anyone coming home earlier than usual.
    Oh my god that is hilarious! To be honest, she probably didn't know any better. Sometimes sisters can be pretty ignorant of their duties.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

The Mad God &quot;Watch out for that...&quot; *SMACK* &quot;Oh...&quot; Heartless Angel's Avatar

I'm an accident waiting to happen.

By popular vote, I was banned from touching anything sharp in shop class, I think I've injured myself with jsut about everything that fits that description...

I've gotten at least 4 nails in the foot, 3 of which were in that class while people were watching. Good times... good times. Especially the bit where we go next door borrow a computer chair and wheel me to the nurses office to put alcohol on it, that always feels awesome. Kinda like swallowing shards of glass and washing em down with tabasco sauce. Best feeling ever.

Nicked my hand with the bandsaw a couple times, nothing serious, we usually laughed about these. If they'd been more serious there probably wouldn't have been as much humor in it.

Lost count of how many times I whacked my thumb with hammers.

Hot glued my hand to a few things before, that's always fun.

The way I understand it, I'm still legendary in that classroom, and it's been 3 years since I set foot in it. Apparently that shop teacher likes to tell stories about my feats of clumsiness. And the ways I tried to cheat the rules on assignments, stories of the imaginary bridge I turned in for an assignment have been told to just about everybody who's been assigned that project since I did it.

The clumsiness doesn't end there, but that's where the fair majority of my interesting injuries occured.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

I'm just a walking disaster really . Always when I joke about something it happens... Most recent incident would have to be stairs leaving a building. I looked at them. Laughed. Stated how stupid I would be if I fell down them. Then OOPS.... Who falls? -.-

I also have this unusual case of hurting myself when a certain person is around. I don't know why it happens.. and now my body is covered in bruises ;;.

Following the path for truth...

and ending the dream.

Glass/plastic/just about any see through wall.
    They may as well be my nemesis' for we often meet and they always win.
    And there is no way to recover from such whilst holding much dignity.
    The worst was once when I walked into an automatic door after motioning with my hand like I was using the force to open it and well, it didn't open.
    Many people saw.

I bruise ridiculously easily. Usually it's when I'm wasted though. And I don't remember what happened. But I'll wake up covered in four or five different large bruises. This past Monday got me three large bruises on my arm, a bunch on my knees, and scrapes on my right calf and buttcheek.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-a...16796_7680.jpg
    Pic related, but it's from a few years ago and I was sober.

I will finish the hunt &quot;Watch out for that...&quot; *SMACK* &quot;Oh...&quot; Cheesevixen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

quite the clutzy gang aren't we? LOL Everyday my body is determined to wreck itself. Whether I trip over carpet, say a sentence backwards, bump my head. My husband is very used to the appearance of bruises and scrapes all over my body. I tend to get hurt on a daily basis or hurt something else.
    "Some men just want to watch the world burn"

I have another story... maybe not so much about hurting myself but it was weird.

Okay, I will set the scene. First year of Sixth Form in one of many dingy classrooms which caged the rebellious students of our school. 15 rabid pupils sit amongst each other awaiting their 3rd First Aid class...

A somewhat amusing moving picture is put onto the screen. A video demonstrating what to do if a fellow human faints... followed by a clip of someone spearing their artery with a broken piece of class.

Now I was watching this thinking how bad it would be to faint in front of people while the fainting video was on... But then the bleeding part came and for some reason I suddenly felt really sick (I don't usually get sick at the sight of blood, I don't understand what happened...). So then a dizzy sensation follows and I can feel the blood leaving my face... So like an idiot I actually raise my hand. Waiting for the teacher to spot me... So a classmate sees me and asks if I'm alright and I say no I feel like I'm going to faint. So then I actually start the fainting process.. All sight and motion functions fail.. but I can still hear!

So I can hear students yelling: Catch her!!!
    The first aid teacher then helps to put me on the floor or something and shouts to the class: Perfect! I can show you a live demonstration. Now remember - if pale raise the tail!!!

Quite mortifying really... It all went blank after that

Following the path for truth...

and ending the dream.

The joke is far too true &quot;Watch out for that...&quot; *SMACK* &quot;Oh...&quot; loner-kid's Avatar

I have a tendancy to knock my head on things, usually cupboard doors... that i just opened... it's kinda embarressing. Other than that though i wouldn't really say i'm that accident prone though, I have a good balence and a certain degree of common sense. I say a certain degree because i did come up with the bright idea of cutting potatoes into my hand as we didn't have a cutting board... I sliced right through and ended up having to go to A&E

Read some of my stuff here
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...-snippets.html

The Gargoyle
    SPOILER!!:

The gargoyle sits, solemnly, alone
    That silent man of stone
    Here, for his deeds he must atone

Beaten eyes stare blankly
    Withered arms curved and wrinkly
    Bat-like wings spread fully

For once he was a man deceitful
    His soul decored in black so hateful
    From his despair grew pain most vengeful

With his death he was deserted
    Left condemned and desecrated
    Bound to form most understated

And now he is but a statue made of stone
    Sitting all alone

Star Gaze
    SPOILER!!:
    High in the sky, blinking down on us
    We all watch the stars
    Believing, as we do
    That friends and lovers long since moved away are staring upwards too
    Remembering us as we remember them
    Smiling in the light of an unatainable star
    And even if the star was snuffed out at that very moment
    We would never know
    We just keep smiling
    And believe the star is true

My TFF Family
    (is laughably small because 'loner' turned out to be fairly accurate)
    Unknown-Entity - loner-kid's hilarious 'friend'
    Raider - my ginger brother

Crash Boom Bang &quot;Watch out for that...&quot; *SMACK* &quot;Oh...&quot; Lily's Avatar

I ran into a lamp post once, I have a scar on my chin. I had to go to hospital coz there was a massive gash and they put stupid bloody massive white butterfly stitches on it. It hurt.... it was also witnessed by all my bloody friends

I also ran into a 'No ball games' post in the middle of a field whilst trying to use a carrier bag as a kite.... that had a witness as well, AND it hurt

I also ran into a lift, but that was my own stupid fault and it floored me. Again, witnesses, alas ]:

I tried climbing a house which is probably one of the stupider things Ive done, slipped, broke my arm, gave myself concussion and knocked a tooth out

Ive slipped on water on the kitchen floor afew times, always the same place as well - stupid dryer leaks, I KNOW its there and I should clean it up when it does leak, but I never quite get round to it, then I slip and land on my face, the worst time being when I'd just got out of the bath, butt naked went to grab an orange juice, slipped on my way out of the kitchen, poured said orange juice all over my face and had a massive bruise all down my leg which left 2 scars from where id landed on the metal thingy between the door

I could go on, I'm absolutely useless. I could injure myself in an empty padded room - it amazes me Im still alive