Thread: "Wake up, things might get rough, no need to stress, keeps you down too much.."

Blog Entries

"Wake up, things might get rough, no need to stress, keeps you down too much.."

There have been times in all of our lives where things have gotten crazy/out of control and back in the day, we might not have been able to handle on what to do. Sometimes we may have came to dark thoughts and thought about drastic decisions to fix the problems. Have any of you been there before? What did you guys do to get out of your slump and get your groove back, like Stella?

Idk, I'm going through a situation right now and I know it's not healthy (but its better then kmsing) but I've been turning to alcohol lately, it gets me out of the slump and gets me around my friends/family so it keeps the sadness out of my mind. It's just that it sucks that I don't have the money to afford stuff that everyone else around me has, like college etc. but at the same time I also think about how it could be a lot worse, like I go back to memories when I have been on missionary trips and how some people literally have maybe a fraction of what I have but they make it work, stuff like that. Anyways what do you guys turn to...?
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

#LOCKE4GOD &quot;Wake up, things might get rough, no need to stress, keeps you down too much..&quot; Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: "Wake up, things might get rough, no need to stress, keeps you down too much.."

Dude, don't use alcohol to suppress your feelings and hide things. That's a dangerous attitude.

I'd turn to my girlfriend, music, or the depths of my own mind (surprising what you find in there!). In some cases, God. Depends on what's keeping me down.

Shake it like a polaroid picture &quot;Wake up, things might get rough, no need to stress, keeps you down too much..&quot; RagnaToad's Avatar

Re: "Wake up, things might get rough, no need to stress, keeps you down too much.."

I thought you were a (semi-)atheist, Alpha? Or are you talking about anything that could be called 'God' here?

Also, the depths of my mind is usually what makes me feel bad. I think too much.

Rocky, the thing with this behaviour you're describing is that it can turn into a vicious circle. I filled almost two years of my life with drinking, sleeping and self-loathing. Try to find a hobby or passion and do stuff. It may sound like a cliché, and it's hard to take advice from other people when you think you know best, but it really helps.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Sir Prize &quot;Wake up, things might get rough, no need to stress, keeps you down too much..&quot; Sinister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

From what I understand of Alpha(not to speak for the man, himself), he is Catholic. As am I, for that matter(at least to a degree).

EDIT:
    Rocky, I'm undergoing a similar era of my life. I'm realizing some pretty harsh truths...regardless of that, I'm happy to be alive. I've just found out that I have Langerhans cell hystiosis and because I can't stop smoking I may only live for thirteen more years, depending on if I develop Pulmonary Eosinophilic granulomas. Not to mention I'm without a meaningful relationship in my life and I'm deeply in debt as of this year.

I guess it's a test of character, but I find myself still pretty optimistic. If you can't find comfort in God, perhaps it's time to do some serious soul searching. I hope it all works out.

-Sin
    Last edited by Sinister; 11-28-2010 at 05:59 PM.

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm left alone a lot, and I often just stay in my room. There's almost four adults living under this tiny roof, so you can imagine that arguments spark a lot of tension - it's just better to stay out of everyone's way sometimes. So... because I'm often alone, I think too much. About everything, really - sometimes good, sometimes bad. I end up feeling low.

I'm looking for work, which isn't going too well, and my friends are either at college or university... so I'm home a lot more than I'd like. Because my mother works full time, and my brother studies full time at college, I have to look after my grandmother. It's both a rewarding task and a rather frustrating one - she's half deaf, half blind, can't make her mind up when it comes to food, and demands that what she wants me to do must be done immediately. She's eighty-seven and was furious when she discovered that she had wrinkles last month. >>;

I usually turn to my partner or two of my closest friends. They cheer me up a lot. Last year, I went through a really low patch, and a friend of mine stayed up most of the night with me on msn and just let me spill my guts out for the first time in months, and he listened. He sent me a song as well, and even that smallest of gestures lit a light back up inside me. I've had friends do similar things for me as well.

I also play games to take my mind off things, or to relax. Blowing or beating things up online is very therapeutic.

Alcohol isn't good when you're in a slump, Rocks. It enhances whatever mood you're in at the time - so if you're depressed or angry, you'll just feel worse. =(

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

アズテオル &quot;Wake up, things might get rough, no need to stress, keeps you down too much..&quot; Azuteor's Avatar

Whenever I'm in a rough situation I would either sleep a lot or take a long, hot shower as I think about it. If I'm not doing that, I distract myself by playing my guitars and setting my EQ to 11.

Right now, I'm wondering how I'm going to do in my last few weeks of my first semester in college. I'm passing, but only because I struggled to get my stuff done due to my chronic procrastination. I know what I want in my life and how I'll get there. I'm just a little worried about what will happen in the future.

In your case Rocky, don't drown yourself in alcohol. It's not going to lead to anything good.

Shake it like a polaroid picture &quot;Wake up, things might get rough, no need to stress, keeps you down too much..&quot; RagnaToad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    From what I understand of Alpha(not to speak for the man, himself), he is Catholic.
    I know, but I thought he was leaning towards the atheist side lately. He claims to be not an ordinary christian anyway.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

#LOCKE4GOD &quot;Wake up, things might get rough, no need to stress, keeps you down too much..&quot; Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like how my religious identity is a sub-plot here. For Facebook purposes, I'm a "Liberal Catholic". Sometimes I'm a "Christian Humanist". For this, let's go with "It's Complicated".

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) &quot;Wake up, things might get rough, no need to stress, keeps you down too much..&quot; che's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is serious, Rocky. Alcohol is for funtime. This is not a funtime. This is your life. You gotta seriously want to get your life back in order. You gotta say [to yourself] "I don't want to be a ****ing loser, I want to get my shit done and end up like _____". Set a goal. Get your shit together. What do you want to be/do? Don't sit around moping. If you don't know what to *DO* with your life, consider that exercise and working out will make you feel better (it really will) until you figure out you don't want to do it anymore and you know what you want. Sometimes you gotta do other things in your life before you figure out what it is you really want. Do stuff.

I know it's hard when you can't afford college, etc. But life doesn't end there. There's always more options, another way, etc. But don't give up. **** the system, let's go.

Death Before Dishonor &quot;Wake up, things might get rough, no need to stress, keeps you down too much..&quot; Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have to agree with Chad, alcohol is to have a good time. Drinking just to make yourself happy is not good. It is the first step on the road to self-destruction.

When I feel down I turn to my close friends, or music. I feel music has the power to lift anyone spirits. I also turn to my fiance, she is my bestfriend, and will help me out of any situation.

Dude if you need someone to talk with hit me up on MSN.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Bananarama &quot;Wake up, things might get rough, no need to stress, keeps you down too much..&quot; Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Where chad has a blank, insert my name .

But really bro, it's alright to have a few beers now and then, but when it's becoming more often than not, and used to mask your problems, then it's not alright. Start out by making yourself a to do list, even if it's not serious shit, and just start getting it done little by little. Just be even knocking menial tasks out of the way, you'll start to feel more productive and useful.

As for college, you can also take out student loans and thing like grants. Start by looking into that now, and I'm sure you'll be able to figure shit out.

Anyways, you've got my number, shoot me a text if you wanna talk.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Stage Dives, High Fives. &quot;Wake up, things might get rough, no need to stress, keeps you down too much..&quot; Confession's Avatar

I hear ya man. This year has been hectic. I went from being some no care in the world party animal, to a serious job doing 60 hour heavy duty weeks. Now personally I smoke and drink a bit, mainly one or two brews after work, a few hundred more on a Saturday night. but when it comes to releasing stress, it only give you a small release.

Pwn N00bs on WoW and CoD, and play drums. Srsly get a drum kit and just wail on it. Makes you feel like a madsnake.

Wu Tang Killa Bee's, We On The Storm.

Elloewen &quot;Wake up, things might get rough, no need to stress, keeps you down too much..&quot; ultimatekupo's Avatar

Im going through something too, and ran out of things to turn to. Im trying to let time pass, and to busy myself to forget.. Not working so well though.
    "There is a special providence in the fall of a sparrow" -Shakespeare