Thread: Video Game Bar

G'day Video Game Bar NikkiLinkle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Video Game Bar

Holy crap! There is a video game bar in Brisbane, where I live and it is the most awesome thing I have seen today! I don't go to bars, but hell! This is awesome!

You can drink awesome cocktails, like... The Mana Bar » The Drinks and play video games, like... The Mana Bar » Games with nerdy strangers and friends! Sounds ridiculously awesome!! I think I should go there. Who's with me?!

I have never heard of such a place and am wondering, if there are video game bars in your part of the world? Have you been to one? How awesome was it??? I am so freaking excited about this!!

Registered User Video Game Bar sayian's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Video Game Bar

wooow im gonna look into this.. if theres not one here this would be a badass investment. id do it. there is a hooka bar here, i think they play games sometimes, but they're business is more directed towards smoking..

Crash Boom Bang Video Game Bar Lily's Avatar

theres a couple of tv themed ones in manchester, theres a life sized predator, daleks tardis etc, and they play 80's cartoons all day long in one of them. Theres old arcade games and stuff

the dj area thingy is the captains seat thingy in star trek (i dont watch star trek, but even i have to admit it looks cool)

Never seen one specifically for computer games though, which surprises me, it'd fit in quite well next to Fab Cafe

We have on right off of Freemont Street here in Downtown Las Vegas called Insert Coins. It has a bar, with game controllers for playing games like Mortal Kombat. Booths for you and like 6 friends to hang out and play video games. In the back there is a dance floor with a DJ.

Then the rest of the place is all Arcade Games. Going from old school to new school. I got to play old Space Invaders, some beer sliding game. NFL Blitz 2000, Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike, House of the Dead, (at the time) Arcade Versions of the latest Street Fighter 4 update with new characters which was cool.

It's a cool place. I've only been there once so they have changed some stuff and I'm sure the games as well since Mortal Kombat came out and most of those other games were being played.

Fun place, a lot of my friends go there sometimes.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Blog Entries

There is Ground Kontrol in Portland. I've been there a couple times, bought a couple NES games (Ultima and Tetris, I believe.) They only sell the NES games at certain times, though. And I believe the bar part is right next to the cage where they keep those games. They also have Sega Genesis and SNES games. Also, bought my Duo Retro there (plays both NES and SNES games. My NES stopped working years ago...)

But yeah, they've got lots of old school arcade games there. Played Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with my bro there. He also played some flying shooter game, the name of which I don't remember. There was lots more though. An upstairs and a downstairs. I didn't get any drinks there, though. Think they also have shows there sometimes. Not 100% sure though. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Omg Im so angry right now!!! The closest thing to a video game bar here (as far as I know) is sitting round the Initial D race car seats eating n drinking watching my friends fail creatively at Dance Dance Revolution..Oh whats the point of living??!!!!!!!!!....But Im gonna look around anyways just in case seeing as I dont drink alcohol tho..If there is.. Ill be there every weekend oh wat a dream!! On another note you just reminded of E3! Im so fkng excited You know a 3 sec trailer of FFVXIII would be nice or am I asking too much? What about a fkn screenshot..just ONE.....But um yeah Im jealous! A video game bar...?? Its so simple why didnt I think of that before...

EDIT: One of their cocktails is named "Cloud Strife"..?? Looks as tasty as the real thingXD

G'day Video Game Bar NikkiLinkle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There is a Mana Bar in Melbourne also. AND AND! They are expanding to Sydney. I just don't know when, but it's happening!

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiLinkle View Post
    There is a Mana Bar in Melbourne also. AND AND! They are expanding to Sydney. I just don't know when, but it's happening!
    omg omg..I knew they would expand!!..Business's like money right!?!XD Im having a lil trouble breathing! E3 in a month and now this!!!! Oh thanx so much for this! Im so so happy >XDD

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Video Game Bar Xanatos's Avatar

We had something similar here, a place called "Inside". I wasn't allowed to go in there since I was way too young back then. All major game tournaments were held there as well, my brother was a part of few UT tournaments, I wish it was still open.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Boxer of the Galaxy Video Game Bar Rowan's Avatar

The mana bar has a capacity of about 80 people, so if you're lucky enough to get in then thats great. Its co-owned by Yahtzee (ben croshaw) who writes the reviews 'zero punctuation' for the escapist.

Great place to meet people.

Traitors Can't Hide. Video Game Bar Phoenix Rising's Avatar

The video game bars I'd be most interested in going to are Barcrafts (StarCraft bars).

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's been my dream for a few years to have my very own game lounge/bar/cafe. Mine will be awesome.

One opened a few months ago at the end of my road. I was actually excited until it got taken over by a bunch of teenage gang types. I walked past the other night to pick my boyfriend up from the station, and it was actually quite scary and intimidating. Loads of kids with their hoods up, trousers around their ankles and play fighting with each other into the windows of other shops. Apparently there was a big fight over their after I'd got home, and the police came by. By the looks and sounds of things, all they were interested in was FIFA and COD in that place - hardly what I'd call a gaming lounge. =/

I'd like to go to a proper one though. One were I can have some fun, some nice drinks and not get stabbed or some shit.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.