Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A Very Merry TFF Christmas...

Sir Prize A Very Merry TFF Christmas... Sinister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A Very Merry TFF Christmas...

For those among you who welcome this season and it's commanding holiday, Merry Christmas. To those of you who celebrate a different holiday, Holiday Cheer to you, as well. What would the approaching holiday be without a little expectation...and a thread?

To keep the thread more jolly I'll leave my opinion of Christmas out of it. But I'll answer some questions later. ^^; But from your past Christmases, try and answer honestly whichever questions you have an interesting answer for:

Do you like White Christmases, or no?

What's your favorite Holiday dish?

Favorite desert?

What did your greatest tree look like?

Do you decorate your house? Inside and out?

What was your favorite present?

What's your favorite Christmas Carol?

Share an interesting Christmas story!

-Sin
    Last edited by Sinister; 12-09-2008 at 10:31 AM.

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

A Very Merry TFF Christmas... Jin's Avatar
    No. Snow is awful. Everyone should experience at least one white Christmas, but after a while the novelty wears off and it's just another day you have to shovel the shit off of your drive way.

Sweet and Sour meatballs. I hate turkey.

Favorite desert?
    Any kind of cheesecake really. Pumpkin pie is good too.

We've only ever had one tree (a fake one), so it's always looked the same.

No. My mom tries to, but not to any extreme.

Probably my PS2 back in '02.

What's it called? Carol of the Bells? Something like that. Anything by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra if they count.

Once we ate at McDonald's for Christmas Eve. That was a low point. Uhhh...I hate Christmas day, so I have no interesting stories.

C'est la vie.

Until now!

A Very Merry TFF Christmas... You's Avatar

Yes. A christmas without snow isnt christmas. I cant remember the last time there wasnt snow for christmas here in Finland. This year we've had snow since the beginning of November^^

Roast potatos in gravy

Favorite desert?

Joulutorttu

Cant remember but probably awesome!

When I lived in England yes. Here in Finland when I still lived with my parents we had a tree inside and some lights outside. At my own apartment I have some lights outside but I dont know if ill get a tree yet.

Maybe my laptop. Awesome and useful for work.

Little drummer boy. I dont know why but its always had a place in my heart since I was a kid.

Not really a story but some random facts:
    Here in Finland traditional christmas dinner is cold ham, mashed potato, mashed carrot, smoked salmon, and some other random things. Although lots of people nowadays have both hot turkey and cold ham.

Here in Finland we get our presents on the evening of the 24th^^ Christmas eve is the big day here, its when you meet relatives eat christmas dinner, give presents and traditionally visit loved ones graves. Even if its -10 which it often is^^

Genocide Unfolds, I Forgive All Chez Daja's Avatar
    Yeah, but I haven't seen one for a good eight or nine years now. They're becoming a rarity where I live.

Well, we always have turkey with all the trimmings. I'm not much of a fan of sprouts, so as a rule, they're my most avoided. (Turkey must be doused in gravy, unless I'm making it!!)

Favorite desert?

We always have jelly and trifle... so I choose jelly (erm, jello to you 'Mericans). Christmas Pudding is just nasty.

All of my tree's always look great. My mum's a serious traditionalist when it comes to Christmas, so we're always hugely decorated. I'll post a picture in a few days, when we've put the tree up.

Mostly inside, but we put some lights in the kitchen window. Our lounge is always gorgeous at Christmas.

My family always pick something excellent for me, so that's pretty hard to answer.

It's too embarrassing to say.

The person in my avatar is me.

THIS SIGNATURE IS VERY DISTRACTINGS

I was the holder of the highest amount of rep that ever lived on TFF. 1788. lolz. I ween.

Blog Entries

Wæs Hæil!!!!

I have a very very special reason why I like White Christmases, but that will be explained later, maybe.

We never fix Turkey... We just ate that on Thanksgiving... Silly to eat it again so soon. We fix two huge blocks of prime rib covered in Dijon Mustard crumb crust. I don't usually like meat, but it's good. My FAVORITE however is stuffed mushrooms...a seafood stuffing of cheese, breadcrumbs and clams.

Favorite desert?
    Hrm...I suppose I always look forward to the Pineapple Upside-down cake or wait... CARROT CAKE... Oh how I love Carrot Cake. ^^

It was Green and Blue, with tinsel and a large blue topper and plain white lights.

Usually. Mostly inside. We're a pretty insular family and most people can't see our house from the road.

Definitely sitting up and playing FFVII on my brand new PS2. So both of those, same Christmas. That or my Car.

Holy Night

My dad, being the genius he is, bought a Christmas Tree and spray-painted it black. No, not a plastic tree... A real tree. He decorated it with Star Trek ships and white lights to make it look like space. Needless to say the thing died and we had to sweep it out of our living room.

Another good one.

There was one year where every meteorologist predicted that we would get NO SNOW at all. They all swore it. So much so that the headline of the paper was "White Christmas in Slaughters, just a dream"

I asked Mom why there wouldn't be a White Christmas. (six years old) She said that I should pray if I wanted one. I agreed, thinking that would solve all my problems. I prayed for the first half of the month of December, sometimes repeating the prayer several times in a sitting and following up with Hail Marys and the Lord's Prayer. My parents noticed this and thought it was particularly cute and told all my relatives. Some of them teased me.

*shrugs* December 25th came that year and I woke up and the window was frosted over. I was the hero of that year. And we drank a lot of hot chocolate and that was my favorite Christmas and really the only good one I remember.
    Last edited by Sinister; 12-09-2008 at 11:47 AM.

Blog Entries
    That's an awesome story, Omni! Makes me happy to hear it, heh.

Yeah, but we never get them here; we only get rain

I don't care enough to pick just one. I just like food, and lots of it. Let's say turkey.

Favorite desert?
    Again... I'll go with... strawberry shortcake? Sure.

It looked huge, because I was less than 10 years old. And decorated and pretty and magical. Really, christmas trees don't do that to many anymore (except for one my friend Baruch got a few years ago... the thing filled most his living room. It was ridiculous.)

I do no decorating. My mom does everything, and it's mostly inside. I put some decorations on the tree, and maybe help my mom with some other stuff.

I liked a lot of them when I was young. Maybe Warcraft II, or the SNES with Kirby Super Star. My birthday is around the same time, so I can't necessarily remember which came from which. I also got a TV one year. In recent years, my favorite present was probably Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.

God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen? Perhaps. Or maybe We Three Kings.

Ha, I also ate at McDonald's one Christmas Eve when I was young. That was one of my highlights at that point; we were a little on the poor side back in the day. My brother and I also ate at Carl's Jr. on Christmas Eve a few years back. We wanted food, I guess...

I dunno. Not that much that is remarkable happens in my family on Christmas. It's just a fun time shared with the family. There was this fun time my sister and I went down to California and spent the four days before Christmas Eve there with my brother and his wife. I got to go into 5 Minute Walk studios and watch Reese Roper sing the chorus of the song "Fahrenheit." I had just eaten McDonald's, and a bunch of soda, too... so I had the shits in the studio bathroom (Great memory!) My brother and I drove around a whole bunch and listened to the Happy Christmas Volume 2 CD put out by Tooth & Nail records. That whole trip is one of my favorite memories. I was sad when we had to go. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

You're me...and I'm you. A Very Merry TFF Christmas... Almasys's Avatar
    I seriously don't know what that is lol I live where there's no snow at all =/

Hm...casserole :3

Favorite desert?
    Some jello thing my mom makes.

I don't really pay attention to the trees =/

Nope. We have dogs and they like to knock stuff off =/

Probably...hmmm...probably when I got my PS2 slim XD But can't really say until after this year's cuz I might think otherwise.

Don't really have one.

And this one I really don't have.

~My TFF Family~
    *Seifer Obssessed* Half sister to~Phantom
    My marksman, protective older brother~Nick
    Wanna join the family?
    Just ask~

I invented Go-Gurt. A Very Merry TFF Christmas... Clint's Avatar
    No, I don't like white Christmases, and the reason is this; I'm not racist. I don't care what color somebody is, because if they wish to celebrate the holiday, then they have every reason to do so and nobody can tell them otherwise... Although, my family gathers during Christmas, and they're all white, so I guess I do like white Christmases. That is, of course, not to say that black people or purple people (or whatever color somebody is), can't be with their families on Christmas and have a black Christmas or a purple Christmas. In all equality, that would be fair.

My mom has this decorative plate with that big fat red guy on it (Santa Clause, not a fat guy from India.) I guess I would say that that's my favorite, because if I shut the front door hard enough, it'll fall and break. Of course, that's not to say that I'm going to break it. It's just a possibility.

Favorite desert?
    Favorite desert? I would have to go with the Sahara. Not because I've ever been there, but because Clive Cussler wrote that kick ass book about Dirk Pitt's adventures in the Sahara. You know, the book entitled Sahara. There's also a film adaptation, but it's not as good.

In keeping true with the Canadian spirit, we always decorate our maple tree by tying a red Christmastime bow around it, or some easy crap like that. If Jesus was born in Israel, then where the hell did the idea of decorating the evergreen come from? Could it be that Christmas was originally a pagan holiday, from areas where there were evergreens, and they were decorated because even in the dead of winter, they stayed green? Perhaps the Norse Yule Day? I'm pretty sure, but then again, I'm not an expert on old pagan holidays.

The house looks nice without decorations. It would be pointless to put them up. To me, putting up decorations is you saying to passer byers, "Look at me, I'm a huge jackass!" Well I may be a huge jackass, but I'm still not putting up decorations.

I don't accept presents on other people's birthdays. I find it very rude.

Anything by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, or as they were once called, Savatage. Unfortunately, it cost Jon Oliva over a million dollars to keep Savatage active, so he was forced to disband. People who don't like Savatage are gay.

No.
    Last edited by Clint; 12-09-2008 at 03:00 PM.

Au revoir. A Very Merry TFF Christmas... Doc Rocco's Avatar
    I've never actually had a White Christmas, so I can't say. We did have a White November the year I was born, but that doesn't count really... I like Australian Christmases, though. Heat + pool = win.

The ham, man. Or my Nonna's cannelloni.

Favorite dessert?
    Gran's trifle, or mum's chocolate-macadamia semi-freddo. Both are epic.

Like it always does. xD Our tree is generally the same - decorations upon decorations, with many sets of lights and tinsel - just with more decorations each year. So probably this year, seeing as though it has the most decorations. =P

We only decorate the inside of our house, and even then it's not over the top. We have a few things on display, but aside from that, not really.

We don't decorate the outside of the house either. I'll show you a picture of the front of our house as to why that is. You can't actually see our house from the road, and we're a few kilometres out of town anyway.

Either this (my iMac), or my PS2. I suppose I was more excited when I got the PS2 as I was only about 11 or 12, and I didn't know if I was getting it. Which made it that much better. This I got last year, but I paid for some of it.

What's your favourite Christmas Carol?
    Gloria in Excelsis Deo or I Saw Three Ships. They're both epic.

I can't think of a particularly interesting story at all, really. Our Christmases are pretty generic. I'll edit one in if I think of anything.

|Rocco's LiveJournal| = |SPSGE| = |Request Avatars and Banners|

"I can't disappear yet..."
    Banner and avatar by myself.

TFF Family, Awards and random lunacy:

=TFF Family=

Lily, Craven, Froggie, Bleachfangirl, Priscilla,
    Hyzenthlay, Xeim, Crazy Chocobo, Halie, Refieth, Rikkuffx, Martin,
    FF Ace Cid, winterborn86, L Lawliet and T.G. Oskar.

PM/VM me to adopt me or join!

Because we're clones and stuff.

Memorable Quotes:
    Rachel : I hear you're advanced in twittery. =D
    Rocco : PhD level. =D
    Rachel : And beyond. =D

Ann: It's like asking someone "How do you brush your teeth?"
    "What's your methods of toenail cutting?" "How do you get rid of nosehairs?"

Jules: Bullshit. She thought it happened.
    Rocco: It was that quick huh?

Cilla: Closets are so hot.

TFF vs. World's Biggest Idiots:
    Matt :
    y = X x T
    -----
    C x V
    y= -6
    Rachel : For what, may I ask? Your intelligence?
    Let X, T, C and V all equal zero.
    Rachel : And you'd still come up with -6, because, let's face it, you're not the brightest spark.

TOM: thought id take a pic of mine [his penis] and show u's
    TOM: its nice aye
    George: i wanan touch it

TOM: i will go ****ing hulk on your ass ok
    .::.Sammy.::. : ill go like super sayian 5

Quotes of Lily's:

Hayden says:
    r u sure theres not a man standing behind u with a knife
    Rachel says:
    Quite sure.
    Hayden says:
    maybe its me
    Rachel says:
    I seriously doubt that your IQ is high enough for it to occur to you that you cannot walk through solid objects.

=Lily on Freema Agyeman [Slightly paraphrased]=
    Lily says: Freema is so pretty.
    Lily says: I wish I was her.
    Lily says: She is mind-bogglingly sexy.
    Lily says: Seriously, if I had to choose between her and David Tennant, I'd SO choose her.
    Lily says: *glomps Freema to death and rips her clothes off*

Member of FF Cult

Cilla vs. Games A Very Merry TFF Christmas... Priscilla's Avatar

I live in Australia so I have never acutally experienced a White Christmas before. But on TV they always looks so pretty and fun. I can't really say though.. but I do like our hot Christmas as well =D

Ham. You can't go wrong with ham. I love Christmas ham so much. Except the Christmas I worked at Woolies and got sick of picking up massive legs of ham to scan them xD. No, but it is absolutly delicious =D

Favorite desert?

I like pavlova. Oh it's wonderful =D

We used to have this big, massive tree at our old house that we would put lights, tinsel and all tha jazz on it. It also had heaps of decorations my brother and I made when we were little so it was always nice getting the decorations out and remembering things we made when we were younger. So, I guess the times we had that tree it looked great. Now my Mum has a smaller tree with purple and silver decorations as now we are older she just wants to go 'stylish' xD

We did decorate our old house a few times on the inside when we were younger. But not since then. We moved into a bigger house this year but it is also in the middle of nowhere. Mum has put a few decorations up on the inside of the house and she wants to do the outside but I don't see the point as no one will see them xD.

My Master System. Oh, how I loved that system a lot.

Aussie Jingle Bells, I guess.

I can't really think of anything, man. Same thing happens everytime.

Actually we do not see that very often here in Oklahoma. Most of the time we get up and see frost on the ground and by 8 it is gone. But on eht few instances that we have had a white Christmas I can say that I loved it and hated it at the same time, my mother lives off in the country and the land is very beautiful and peaceful with a lawer of snow, we spend every Christmas Eve here and on the few that have been white, the drive is horrible. Snow here isn't just snow, if it was I think I could handle it but usually when we get 4 inches of snow it is accompinied with 7 inches of ice underneath it, making driving a living hell. so to respond to your question in short yes and no.

I would have to say the deviled eggs.

Favorite desert?

My moms secret fudge that she will not share the recipe with me!

9' tall, white lights wraping the trunk all the way up and green and read ones to the out side. Garland of white green and red to match the lights and bulbs that matched to boot.

this year we are doing the skimpy Christmas, seeing that I am still stuck at my moms house we really didn't do much outside, and on the inside we did get the tree up and alot of the living room decorated for the kids. When I had my house we went all out on the outside and the tree inside was always huge and very welly put up.

I think the one that I love was when my mom helped me to get my first drum set, I mowed lawns for 2 years saving every penny I could, I was about a hundred dollars short on getting the kit that I wanted, she supprised me and finished paying for my kit.

None this is where I draw the line! I am personally sick of Christmas music, it is the same thing year in and year out. And for 2 months that is all I hear weather it be at work or at home trying to relax. Bah humbug!

Share an interesting Christmas story

I will do a short one, a few years back I was trying to quit smoking, eventually i had pissed everyone off at my house and my mom started throwing cigs at me and screaming that she was not going to let me ruin the holidays, good times good times, really though that is not a common thing around here. Most of the time it is rather uneventfull.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

This is confusing me. Why do people keep naming foods for the favorite desert question? The question is asking for a favorite barren wasteland, not for a favorite dessert.

Blog Entries
    The answer lies in the human's brain general inability to read a single word in-of-itself. It has to read the entire sentence and apply context... And usually so long as the first and last letter are correct, the context is applied and the error automatically corrected. If you notice a spelling error in context, it's said to be because, rather than paying attention to the bigger picture, your brain is geared to focus on the lesser aspects and details.

There was no spelling error. It said "desert." Last time I checked, that was still a real word.

Blog Entries
    It was a conflict in context. Because that word didn't make sense in the given context most people's brains made the correction. Think of it kind of like the auto-correct on your word processor. Annoying and not without it's disadvantages, but there all the same unless you have it deactivated.

Speaking of context, I believe we've digressed off the topic-at-hand. On with the holly-jollyness...
    Last edited by Sinister; 12-09-2008 at 08:31 PM.

Apparently most people don't know how to read. "Desert" is not the same as "dessert." They're two very different meanings, and I'm the only one who read carefully enough to distinguish that favorite desert was being asked, and not favorite dessert.

Of course deserts have to do with Christmas. Jesus, as it was written, was born in what is now known as Palestine. There are many deserts in Palestine, if you don't know the geography in that particular area of the world. Therefore, deserts and Christmas go hand in hand. That should have been common knowledge.
    Last edited by Clint; 12-09-2008 at 08:34 PM.

Blog Entries
    *sigh* I wish you wouldn't press this in a topic about Christmas rather than a topic about the Psychological implications of grammar and semantics. But the truth is the sentence followed a sentence about favorite holiday dish. I'm not going to explain the linking logic in every sentence, but suffice to say that THAT established the context...not the background history of Jesus' birth(which few people associate with Christmas these years)

Gingersnap A Very Merry TFF Christmas... OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hahaha for the love of God. I'm sure it's obvious how I feel about carrying on a desert vs dessert conversation. Let's move on so I can do something other than give out trolling warnings in this thread.

I do. I've only had one that I can remember, but I definitely enjoyed it. We don't get much snow here, lately, so I probably won't see one again for a few years.

Stuffing. Man I love stuffing. And green bean casserole. And cranberry sauce. Not the stuff from a can, though, eff that; I make my own and it's delicious. And pretty much anything involving sweet potatoes. Lord I love a good holiday meal. Usually for Christmas we mix it up a little, though. We go all out for Thanksgiving, so sometimes Christmas varies. Mom made Greek food one year, I enjoyed that. And since we have several holiday meals with different members of the family, when we go see Jennifer's family, they usually just order pizza. And we're cool with that.

Favorite dessert?
    Tough call... for Thanksgiving, it's gotta be pumpkin pie. But for Christmas? I always make ginger cookies and those are probably my favorite. Jennifer makes excellent fudge, though, and taught me the recipe last year. Close second.

No tree in particular sticks out in my mind. Although... Jennifer's mom, over several years, handmade little stuffed ornaments. Sewed the sequins on, and the letters... they're really something, I'll take some pictures. Anyway, we decorated our tree with them this year, and it looks awesome. I'll be proud to show off this tree.

Hell yeah. Nothing too extravagant, but we have a tree, little lights and ornaments and things around the house, and lights outside. One year, I took holly branches from our bush outside and hung them on all the doorframes.

Hmm. Oh, I know. I read that story... was it Polar Express? I can't remember. But this little boy asks for a bell from Santa's sleigh. And I thought it was such a good idea that I asked for the same thing for Christmas (much to my dad's frustration, I'm sure). But he came through for me and got me a really nice silver bell with the prettiest little notes I'd ever heard. It's about the size of an apple, I guess. Lovely thing. I still have it and give it several rings every Christmas.

Another favorite is when Adam and I came downstairs to where the stockings were and there were all these awesome dinosaurs around the room. AND a trampoline. And Aladdin on VHS, which we watched that very day (while playing with the dinosaurs). I think that was when Mom and Dad were still together, so I wasn't any older than five, probably. That was a really good Christmas.

Silent Night is one. I just think it's beautiful. We sing it on Christmas Eve, the whole congregation, everyone with a candle in their hand and the lights turned low. It's one of my most treasured parts of Christmas.

I miss Christmases with the two cats we used to have. We had two sister cats and once the tree went up, they were under it napping. I have some nice memories of crawling under the tree with them and falling asleep. Or singing them Christmas carols, which they seemed to enjoy. When we got our Labrador, she was the same way. We'd all be curled up under the tree together, pleased as could be.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

I'd likely prefer them to the very hot summery Christmases we tend to get here. I much prefer lazing next to a heater than hoping an airconditioner will save me from either melting or drowning in my own sweat, whichever comes first.

The Christmas Buffet specials. Cheap, a wide variety and often damn tasty.

Favorite desert?

Simpson Desert. Nah, really I just like lamingtons.

It was a small plasticy thing that had cool fibreoptics that changed colours in the tips of the branches.

I don't, no. I'm too lazy and I'd also have to take that shit down sometime the following March. Too much work.

As lame as it might sound, I always preferred a good party to some likely shite present I'd end up giving away or stowing somewhere. I like personal gifts though, and I like homemade things if they're unique.

I hate them all. Though if you mean what do I like listening to on Christmas, then I'd say the same old music, mostly grunge, sludge metal, a little mainstream and stoner rock... All good.

Twas the night of Christmas, when down from the chimney, came a fat old man, whose foot got pierced by a poker. As his face swelled red, kids heard with a cry, '****ing **** **** ****er, I'll **** ****ing CHRISTMAS??!!!!'.
    Goodnight.
    victoria aut mors

Dr. Prof. Failstrom A Very Merry TFF Christmas... Dr_Flea's Avatar
    Lamingtons For the win

Anyhoo

Meh they are ok i haven't had a white christmas for ages scince i live in Australia.

Sausages Wrapped in Bacon.

Favorite desert?

Triffle..or Lamingtons

They tree always looks good although my niece keeps pulling off the little presents on the tree and opening them.

Inside. yes. Outside. No (too much effort)

All of my presents are gernnerally preety good becasue my parents always ask me what i want as does everyone else.

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire (makes me Laugh)

Don't really have one

~Dr_Flea~

Soup Kitchen Jerk. A Very Merry TFF Christmas... Polk's Avatar

It really doesn't matter whether I like them or not. We always get a white Christmas. But I will admit, it is nice when it snows on Christmas Eve.

My grandma makes Prime rib every year. If there was one Christmas food I would take to bed, it would be that.

Favorite desert?

I bake too many damn cookies around Christmas, so I get burned out on desserts easily. Speaking of which, I need to find some new recipes...

They all look the same. Lights, ornaments, etcetera.

We put up some lights outside, but that's pretty much it.

I remember getting my N64. That was bitchin'.

I'm really not into Christmas carols, but I'm not opposed to someone throwing on some Manheim Steamroller or Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

True Story. I was chilling with this chick Mary and her husband Joseph. Mary gives birth, and three dudes come to see the kid. We had pie. Shit was crazy.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Registered User A Very Merry TFF Christmas... winterborn86's Avatar
    I would like a white Christmas, it will feel more Christmasy but unfortunately the part of the UK I'm in hardly ever gets a white Christmas, we get a white January or February sometimes, but I honestly can't remember having snow at Christmas, bit gutted really.

My mums Christmas day dinner obviously
    Everything that will fit on my plate goes in my belly, but the gravy is my favorite part, my mum makes a nice gravy, Which I shall be attempting this year for myself.

Favorite desert?
    I don't really like alot of Christmas desserts, I just have a bowl of mince pies and hot custard.

My tree always looks the same red and gold baubles, tinsel, stars and like mini presents and sometime that fake snow you can squirt on.

I decorate in, I dont have the time or the patience to do the outside, it's a hard job and takes ages, and I learnt that by watching my dad putting up the outdoor lights it always took about 3 hours to do.
    Lighting up the outside of the house it mega expensive aswell, my parents get through £50 a week on electricity lol

Wow I honestly cant think what my favorite present was, I would of said my engagement ring I got the year before but I threw that away in a street last year lolz
    I really really can't think of my favorite present

Rudolph the red nosed reindeer, had a very shiney nose, and if you ever saw it, would even say it glows.
    All of the other reindeer use to laugh and call him names they never let poor Rudolph join in any reindeer games. need I say more, oh wait does that actually count as a carol?? if not the Silent night would have to take over.

Ummmm errrrrrr, the end
    Don't really have an interesting Christmas story, man my life must be dull.

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

Registered User A Very Merry TFF Christmas... Yesha's Avatar
    O.k! It's my turn.. :-)

HeLL yeah! Of course.. I Luv snow..

Hams and big yummy cheese!

Favorite dessert?
    Mmm.. I aLways eat fruits every Christmas..

Our Christmas tree is so taLL.. w/ a big angeL above it.. but Last time we put big star over it.. it's a green pine tree.. mostLy our neighbors choose white christmas tree.. but we prefer to have the traditionaL green..

Me? No I don't.. but I kinda heLp when someone wants an advice from me on where to put that and that..

Just a big hug and kiss is totaLLy huge for me.. and I must say it's my fav. present but in the materiaL thing the best present someone gave me is a.. a pLane ticket for Japan.. which I'm going to use this Christmas.. just wish me Luck that I'LL go there safeLy :-)

Mmm.. I Luv.. hearing "HoLy Night" sung by Mariah Carey and aLso.. "Last Christmas".. :-) EngLish and Japanese version.. it's so cute to hear..

WeLL.. Last Christmas my famiLy put up a prank on me.. I was in the park that day to umm.. watch a Christmas show.. then I promise my famiLy to go home between 10 p.m to eat food w/ them.. and when I got home.. there was no one there.. the Lights are off.. and when I turn them on.. they shouted "Surprise" and I nearLy fainted 'coz I'm very easiLy-to-get-nervous person.. after that we're just end up Laughing..!! haha! Maybe this Christmas wiLL be totaLLy different 'coz I won't be w/ my famiLy.. I'm actuaLLy spending my christmas and the rest of the days in Japan.. which I reaLLy excited 'bout..
    Last edited by Yesha; 12-11-2008 at 06:16 PM.
    CLICK IT! TO SEE MY STUFFS:

Quote for the month:
    “Try harder to succeed.”

What am I Loving right now?:
    YOU!

My Art Thread: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...ngs-lol-3.html

"HELLO GUYS!"

Imperius Rex A Very Merry TFF Christmas... Storm's Avatar
    I only really like snow for its aesthetic value. I do try mucking around in it- but I hate the cold so much that it never lasts long! ^^; Snow, let alonw on Christmass doesn't seem to exist in England these days... well... at least not in my region.

Traditional roast turkey, veg, stuffing, pigs in blankets and gravy. I made the most gorgeous gravy last year- made out of the juices from the dinner- chicken bisto, herbs, salt, pepper, red wine and cranberry juice.

Favorite desert?
    Good old icecream and porfiterols... mmm

I don't recall... probably one from my childhood. Haven't made an effort the past few years- just one of those light-up ones.

We used to decorate the inside of the house when I was younger- but now that i'm older we all agree that it looks tacky! We put a bit up for my younger cousins though. As for outside- never have and never will. I find it really odd how people make the front of their houses completely covered in stuff. Their energy bills must be humongous!
    Theres a house in Melksham, a village near my University town, which is well known for its over-elaborate christmas display. Seriously... I went past it the other night and was nearly blinded!
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/wiltshire/conte..._6_470x350.jpg
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/wiltshire/conte...45_470x350.jpg

My PS1 back in 1997-ish.

I really don't like Christmas carols or songs. I just find them really depressing. The only Christmas song I really like is Fairytale of New York by The Pogues and Kirsty MacCol. I do love Irish music- and I really love people singing abusive lines at eachother!

Nothing particularly springs to mind. The past couple of years i've been ill on Christmas Day. I used to love it but as i've been getting older i've been becoming more of a scrouge. I'm rather boring I think!
    Last edited by Storm; 12-13-2008 at 03:55 PM.
    PSN username: Raikujaku
    A meow-ed member of PRK9

Finally Back! :D A Very Merry TFF Christmas... Benjisan's Avatar
    I live in Australia and as such we don't really have snow down here, especially in QLD.
    But hot Christmas days cooking food on the barbeque and eating it inside with the air con pumping is always good too

Hmm, that's a tough one... every year my dad and nan always go crazy with food and end up making half a dozen dishes of food, ranging from turkey or ham through to seafood platters and appetizers.

Favorite desert?
    Hmm... i always have loved Chocolate Bavarians and since that's what we're having this year i'm going with that.

Our tree pretty much looks the same every year so there really is no variance.

Usually we decorate our house, but mainly inside. We put up the tree, fairy lights, and other small ornamental decorations to add the Christmas spirit into our home.

Hmm, i would probably say that my favourite present would be the PS2

Aussie Jingle Bells

Hmm, i really can't think of one ...sorry
    Last edited by Benjisan; 12-13-2008 at 04:42 PM.
    Because balding old men with ninja swords are so in right now

Live your life the way you want to. A Very Merry TFF Christmas... Zidane-Tribal's Avatar
    I haven't experienced one, but I don't really mind. Christmas for me is sitting inside and spending time with my family

Probably stuffing, Vegetables, roast potatoes and whichever meat is served.

Favorite dessert?
    Hard one, I would say some kind of cake.

Had loads of baubles on and about 4 packs of fairy lights on it.

Inside yes, we have these snowball lights which we wrap around the extension in our living room. Ouside, No

Probably the year I got a Wii to date

hmmm, Silent Night.

Well when I was like 10 my grandma and granddad took me and my brother and sister out for a walk on the evening of christmas eve. It was nice to see other peoples houses and see how the outside of them was decorated. I remember seeing that year a huge tree outside one of the houses covered top to bottom in lights.
    You don't need a reason to help people : Zidane Final Fantasy 9

Professional Klutz. A Very Merry TFF Christmas... Hyzenthlay's Avatar
    Yaaaaaaaaaaay. A christmas thing.

I LOVE snow. So, yes. I'll write more about christmas in general as that answer was LAMMMEEE.
    In all honesty. I like it, but, as far as holidays go it's kinda lame. For instance I hate the decorations. Tree's as a symbol of a holiday just annoys me. I don't see the point in having a malting piece of wood sitting in my living room. We put it up for 12 days then take it down. What on earth is all the effort for?
    The things I like about christmas is seeing my family, eating the food and seeing other people open the gifts I bought them. I feel too much pressure to enjoy my own gifts to actually enjoy them. I get a feeling that tells me 'if you dont act excited you'l dissapoint your mum'. That ruins it a little for me, too.

Like... Of all holidays or a certain part of christmas? My favorite hliday food overall is christmas. My favorite food on christmas is either our family starter (prawns) or those little sausages wrapped in bacon. They are delicious.

Favorite desert?
    I cant eat dairy as I'm lactose intolerant. We have 'lactofree' milk in our house. So, with that in mind, my favorite is fruit salad. I like it with pineapple, melon and raspberries =D.

I hate tree's. We have an 8 foot one this year. It has glass baubles that are silver, green, red and white. All different shapes and sizes and on top... A giant angel... It infuriates me how proud my mum is of it. IT'S A TREE! Go outside and see lots of them for gods sake.

No. Inside we have like weird jesus scenes and lights but outside we have nothing. It looks like santas grotto when you walk in.

Ever? I got a big Barbi house when I was abou 6... That. I remember how much I loved it, I used my brothers actionman figures. They all wanted a bit of Barbi.

Caroling is over-rated and it means I hav eto go open the door and let the heat out.

Well, a few years ago my sister got this doll that wets itself and stuff. We all went into the dining room to eat and my brother said he could smell burning. My dad rushed in the living room to see the doll up in flames. My sister, in her wisdom, had left it on the heater and it had caught alight. We had to phone the fire brigade and we wernt allowed in our house for hours and hours. Our dinners went cold... It was horrible.

=D
    Just to clarify, I love christmas. Just not some of the wacky traditions.
    Last edited by Hyzenthlay; 12-13-2008 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Putting titles in BOLD.

Registered User A Very Merry TFF Christmas... Lady Rika's Avatar
    Oh I love white Christmases, the snow that is just so classic and beautiful. Kentucky usually has somewhat white Christmases but never the thick beautiful types you have in the mountains.

Hee hee I love corn! My family always makes it when we have Christmas dinner, I used to have braces so any bit of corn I can eat I usually do! But my mom makes this kind of food that I don't know what its called but its like small Jewish rye bread that like bigger than a cracker but the same shape. There is cheese and bacon on it too, she makes it with mushrooms but doesn't put them on mine. I hate them! >.<

Favorite dessert?
    Hmm maybe Chocolate Pie?

It was at my dads and it was SO HUGE and it was covered in decorations, tinsel, ornaments, a beautiful star and all kinds of beautiful stuff, pretty gifts under the tree too! XD

My mom does with the deers in the front yard and small decorating inside but at my dads house my step mother goes psycho! She even wraps the front door to look like a Christmas present.

I have two...my Dog Ritsuka and my Cat Seth!

Maybe Carol of the Bells or something or Baby its cold outside.
    But I love caroling, I think it is so much fun and makes alot of people happy. I enjoy going to nursing homes with groups and singing to them.

I can't think think of any! XD
    Last edited by Lady Rika; 12-23-2008 at 10:40 PM.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Indeed, a Merry Christmas and/or holiday to all!

Yup! It's lovely to look out of the window opening prezzies when the snow is falling! Unfortunatly, I can't remember the last time we had a white Christmas... I snows in April now lol...

Christmas dinner. The works. The turkey, yorkshire puddings, stuffing with chesnuts, parsnips, sprouts... everything. OH! The gravy...

Favorite desert?

Chocolate log with double cream. Yup, sickly, but Christmas only happens once a year.

Erm... We once had one which was so big, we had to bend it over the ceiling. We didn't have the fairy on the top that year, but we put lots of decs on it! 0_0

We don't like having stuff outside the house. It's... tasteless. But inside we do. Not like santa's grotto or anything - the treee, the thing over the fire place, the cards on the wall on a bit of string... This little weird tree in the kitchen window is the newest thing we have done this year.

Being with my family, and having a good time. And my iPod. I don't use it that much, but it comes in handy when we wanna call my aunt and uncle in Austrailia and need to know what time it is over there. Brings us closer together at Christmas lol! ^^

ECK!!! Please... Spare me....

Wow... I don't have one! How about the time I bought my dog Rolo a present? Heh, he ripped the paper open all by himself! He looked so proud, and was very happy when he discovered it was a replacement for a toy he had broken only the week before! A little pyramid sqeaky thing... He loved it.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

I LOVE White Christmases. Yeah you have to shovel it later, but they're so awesome, "in the moment" from inside your house with a warm fire going. Unfortunately I don't live in the mountains anymore.

I love me a good honey baked ham.

Favorite desert?

Fudge Brownies or Chocolate Chip Cookies. Hopefully both.

Well back with my family, absolutely, we'd put lights on the outside, set up a nice tree on the inside with lights around the living room. The last couple of years, being all by myself, I just haven't felt a need to.

Sadly, nothing comes to my mind. I know there's SOMETHING, but I just can't remember. Closest I could say was I got a late Christmas present from my Aunt on the East Coast. It was January 1989, and it was a Nintendo Entertainment system. Talk about epic.

I have several: Carol of the Bells, 12 Days of Christmas, Do you Hear What I hear?, Silent Night, Three Kings. I used to know the lyrics by heart but no so much anymore ^^;;;

Merry Christmas everyone!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast