Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is User Activity Down?

I iZ CoOl =] Is User Activity Down? TLO's Avatar

Is User Activity Down?

It sure feels like it, I mean for a site with over 3000 members, half of which are stated as active, it doesn't feel like there are that many people around, usually a dozen max that I've seen at one time.

Where has everyone gone off to? Be more active people, I miss you!!!

I'm still confused... if everything is normal, how come the most I've seen online at one time in the last week is about 15 people? Out of 3,000 that's not even 1%
    Last edited by TLO; 07-01-2010 at 07:51 PM.

Blog Entries

Re: Is User Activity Down?

It's summer. People may have more freetime, but I like to enjoy my time out with old friends at parties, weddings, outings, etc during the nights when I'm not working. I think other people may feel the same way, but I guess I can't speak for them, so idk.

And yeah it used to be lots more active in the past, but certain active members have either lost interest in tff or have been banned. We'll come back strong though I know this new forum will give us hope!!!
    Last edited by Rocky; 07-01-2010 at 05:21 PM.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Yeah, I mean I get that it is the summer and all that, but I figured with FFXIII coming out not toooo long ago people would be around

Lady Succubus Is User Activity Down? Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FF13 came out 3 months ago. That's a long time for an RPG. Most of us have already beaten it within the first week/month.

Also, it is summer, but this is pretty much regular activity for TFF. The 'active members' number is waaaaay inaccurate.

Okay hahah I was just wondering, I usually only see maybe a dozen or so on at a time, and then looking below I realized wait, 103 is the record, there is no way that is accurate unless only 102 people show up every other hour or something hahaha.

We need to find a way to get this place hoppin' =]

The forum is getting a makeover soon enough and I think that will help a lot.

Also, there are people here that aren't going anywhere so the forum isn't dying anytime, so long as the website is still intact.

Everyone is close here.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 07-01-2010 at 05:50 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder View Post
    The forum is getting a makeover soon enough and I think that will help a lot.

Also, there are people here that aren't going anywhere so the forum isn't dying anytime, so long as the website is still intact.

Everyone is close here.
    Why do you mean by that? They have plans to change the forums around and such?

Memento Rhapso Is User Activity Down? Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They're giving it an upgrade, and with the upgrade of the forum software they plan on adding/removing features and like Gypsy said, a makeover lol
    I think that it might get some attention from the members
    Oh, and on topic, I haven't been around very long, since December of '09 or so, but I haven't seen it get over twenty people. But, it does seem slower. I guess people found better things to do D:

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

Edit: posted it, well actually it's been posted but I kept saving it =]

As for the topic, yeah it is cool that they are changing it and such, but I wish SquareEnix or someone would allow for this to be the OFFICIAL site and then they could advertise and such. Maybe you could show them and maybe they will who knows haha
    Last edited by TLO; 07-01-2010 at 06:33 PM.

Blog Entries

Squeenix already has their own official site, why do they need another one?
    As far as I know, this is the biggest fan site there is. (doesn't seem like it though does it?)

Yeah they have their own site but they don't have a forum, like at all, which kinda stinks.

Yeah this "fan site" has a lot of fans but none of them are actually active on the site. It's a pity too because this place really is cool if you could get a huge amount of people here all the time

Blog Entries

...Oh god. I do not want a huge amount of people here.

It'd be nice if there were a bit more, but I do not want a TFF Gaia.

...Just no.

hahah come on.... your a Moderator, no point in being one if there is no one here lol, it defeats the purpose of having the job.

That wasn't a shot at your job and such, i know its payless and thankless but still. I've Mod'd some smaller forums before and I love it, I love the helping people and all of that, I wish there were more people i could help. I love going into the FFXII or XIII threads and telling people what they should try in order to beat orphan or an adamantoise or if Vaan is a wimp and not the best character / role model ever haha

Blog Entries

I didn't say I didn't want anyone here. I just said I don't want a HUGE FORUM OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE.

>.>

I guess, is the work too much for ya? What don't you really like? Haha be careful, this is public =]

Blog Entries

....It has nothing to do with the work load.

I just have a preference for community size.

I can see that. For me I don't mind large large crowds, because then the people who stand out truly mean something if a community recognizes them, but yeah being smaller has it's perks as well.

The Lone Dagger Is User Activity Down? Xithor's Avatar

I think what Mistress Victoria means is we like the smaller knit community of active members better because a lot of the more active members begin to have relationships with each other and enjoy having conversations. You also get to know people a lot better when the forums aren't flooded with people.

I joined back in 2006 but I wasn't very active, I was one of the people who checked back in every few months to see what was going on and I like it now that I am active because I like all the members that are active on here =) it's a great place to spend the time online that I do. Great people here

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

Yeah I definitely love a small community, but I guess small for me is a couple hundred active users.

I used to be a part of a huge huge huge community. It's called myresistance.net, it is its own forums for the game Resistance: Fall of Man, and now all of the other games to go along with it. It had a couple hundred thousand members at one point, and this barely took months. The site is still going although they've revamped it.

Anyway I'm just so used to seeing a hundred people on at a time and knowing all of them, this is a big adjustment for me =]

The Lone Dagger Is User Activity Down? Xithor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TLO View Post
    Anyway I'm just so used to seeing a hundred people on at a time and knowing all of them, this is a big adjustment for me =]
    100 users active at a time? Wow that forum is brimming with activity huh? I definitely would welcome 100 users to be active here at TFF. Wanna get the RPing up and running again haha

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

This sites activity seems to see-saw like Oprahs weight. That being said I dont know if it will ever have the huge activity it did back in early to mid 2002 when I believe that most users online was set...or at least It would of come close.

I found this forum to be quite a good one to moderate back when, users like Che and rj flow always kept things awesome and interesting. Its been about a year since I was last here and I'm having a peak around a checking out how much things have changed.
    -They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious-

Blog Entries

@ Victoria: what's wrong with having a large community?

But yeah, summer of 02 was key for tff's activity. Back when clans were the shit, back when the clubs were the cool thing to join, back when rping was cool, etc. Glad to be a part of that era!

We may never get back up to that time again, but more active people made things a lot more interesting and fun because there would always be something going on. If someone is against having a big community, then at least we have identified the cancer that is killing our forums though.

Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post

But yeah, summer of 02 was key for tff's activity. Back when clans were the shit, back when the clubs were the cool thing to join, back when rping was cool, etc. Glad to be a part of that era!
    Clans...I completely forgot all about that. At one point I was one of the leaders of the Emerald Knights. Everyone was all keen on clan wars....and then nothing really ended up happening. I've been going through the RPB forum and thinking...holidays from uni...am I too old to do an RPB? Probably...am I bound to come home drunk from Mana Bar tonight and decide to write one anyway...more than likely.
    -They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious-

Blog Entries

I'm not against a big community. I just don't like the craziness that comes with the size of, say... Gaia. If you know what I mean.

Thanks for calling me cancer, though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Victoria View Post
    I'm not against a big community. I just don't like the craziness that comes with the size of, say... Gaia. If you know what I mean.

Thanks for calling me cancer, though.
    What do you even mean by craziness? You're just dodging around the question man. And no, no one knows what you mean so if you are going to answer my question, then give me a vaild answer. If you don't have an answer, you don't have to respond if you want, I was just throwing it out there.

And np

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If anything, I think it's the douchbags that are this so-called cancer. How many people have taken a break/deleted accounts/been banned because some people can't hold their tongues in certain threads, or because of an overload of spam? Just because someone prefers closer knit communities with few members, it doesn't make them "cancer", Rocky. >>

Activity could be down for any reason, and even so, what's the big deal? This place has its highlights and dim moments, but we still have a pretty neat community. Activity isn't everything all the time. I'm just kinda bummed that the person who made this thread jumped on the bandwagon out of this place because it wasn't active enough, instead of trying to hang out and improve.

That says a lot about some of the people who join this place. Who needs another account that'll post thirty times, then bugger off? IMO, closer knit =/= regular members with a chance in hell of staying around longer.

I personally don't think we're "down". I just think we're a bit quiet at the moment, what with people finishing up with school, going on holiday, enjoying the sun, taking breaks, etc.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Blog Entries

*Sigh* I'm pretty sure you do know. I'm not dodging around anything.

But to humor you, I'll just say I don't like thousands of posts appearing in a single topic in just a mere few minutes. It's overwhelming.

If someone know what "Gaia" is, I'm pretty confident they know what I mean. I'll just go with the notion that you don't know what it is. xP

I dunno. I just prefer close-knit, that's all.

Bananarama Is User Activity Down? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't think it has anything to do with people not being able to keep their mouths shut. This is the internet; the one place where people should be free to talk about whatever. Controversy usually brings about discussion anyway. I mean, look at what happens when I go on a rant.

I think that a bigger community can be a good thing, so long as the new members get integrated and don't just form their typical noob groups. Get out there and get posting if you want activity. The people will come.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Blog Entries

we can blame the lack of activity on a multitude of reasons if you want to play semantics Entity but the fact of the matter is, activity is down from past years, and last time I checked, the admins like Andromeda and Merlin wanted to bring about more members.

Is wanting a small community something that people really want? Yeah it has its ups and downs, just like living in a small city vs big city or w/e, but in the bare bones matter of it all, Fuzz wants activity because thats how he gets a paycheck, by the people that visit this website. Personally I don't mind a small community at all but I think there is great opportunities in branching out and gaining more members.

From what I've observed over the past couple of days, TLO was a decent poster, responded and replied to various threads, created new threads, and made an effort to be an active part of the community. No need to put him down because, yeah he might not have stuck it out for a long time, but he did make an effort at asking questions and being a member of TFF.

I see what you're saying Entity about quality > quantity, but without the forum being active, you won't get either/or.

tl;dr - BE ACTIVEEE

edit: and Victoria, lol no I didn't know what you mean because I don't go to gaia haha. I see that being a secondary concern though because I don't think tff will get that big overnight EVER and if there was growth like that then I'm sure there would be more people appointed to be mods/admins/etc.
    Last edited by Rocky; 07-02-2010 at 04:12 PM.

Magically Delicous Is User Activity Down? Merlin's Avatar

Who wants to join a forum where the members constantly make topics whining about lack of activity? It's a giant red flag. Perhaps we should start removing such topics as they are more than a bit counterproductive.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast