Thread: Unexpected Inspiration

Ellipsis Unexpected Inspiration Meigumi's Avatar
    Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Unexpected Inspiration

Writers, Artists, and many other people...

This is a plague (and a miracle) known as 'Inspiration'.

When you are unconsious of actions, inspiration comes dead straight at you.
    For a moment, the very golden idea lays before you, and then.....

....YOU FORGET.

Even if you did remember it, sometimes you thought 'otherwise'.

Was there one time, you had this brilliant idea, and you suffered to remember?

Today I thought about making a TWEWY based linerider video, but it was difficult to make one, and shortly after I was done with the head, I decided to screw the idea. -w-;

Wasn't a good idea~ Good bye, cruel and stick figure Neku Sakuraba!!!
    .....And I also stole that cupcake.

TFF Family~:

Ice-cream loving brother Fate
    The great benevolent dark lord Elyon Demidias
    Lovable doll ViviMasterMage
    Soul Stealing, Chaos-loving, Pom-pom eating older brother Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    The Awesome and Dashing Thief, ethan
    The Stealthy Swordsman of Poetic Power, genome's blade

Che
    I always have original movie ideas pop into my head, and then I forget them. I've been trying to write them down in my iphone notes or open notepad on my PC to avoid this. One day I will finish one of my ideas and it shall be glorious!

Govinda
    I always keep paper around to avoid this problem. Except when I go out dancing.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    I notice the inspiration for my lyrics usually tends to come from either my feelings about something or an experience of some kind. One example is a good fight. There's nothing else that feels quite like the rush and intensity of a good fight, especially when you're feeling more or less equally matched...

As for forgetting my inspiration, that's a real problem for me as my memory isn't exactly the most reliable around I've found. Thankfully most security jobs require a little notepad for recording damage/suspicious activity, so when I get some lyrics hitting me as a result of something I can write them down.

Occasionally I'll remember something vividly for no apparent reason and that can also be a big help, unless it's happened while I've been away from pen and paper yet again.
    victoria aut mors

Haha, I know that problem very well. Every day I have to go outside with the dog (he needs to run x3") and when my thoughts are spinning around (that happens every time xD") I get many many ideas of what kind of story I could write, how to continue a story, ideas I forget until I get home.
    Another situation is when I'm in my bed and trying to sleep. That takes a while mostly and then suddenly I think: "Hey, that's a good story. You have to remember that when you wake up!" ... And then I wake up and know I had a splendid idea... but I don't remember what it was. XD"

I had the same plan as Govinda once, carrying pen and paper with me all the time, but then I didn't have any ideas. They just came when I hadn't got anything to write that down.

A bigger problem I have is: Time. I have some new ideas EVERY WEEK, but I don't have the time to write everything down, unfortunately. ^^" (And I haven't been quite motivated the last few months xD")

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Unexpected Inspiration Xanatos's Avatar
    I get many great ideas on those boring classes where I'm free with my thoughts because I don't pay much attention to anything. And yea it happens sometimes that I forget those ideas and I'm pretty irritated when that happens. But luckily I always have my notebook and I just write it down or do a sketch if it's necessary.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity