Thread: UFO sighting

Air from my lungs. UFO sighting Violet's Avatar

UFO sighting

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rdX1MyHOwO0

Yeah.. I hate when people laugh at things like this. If it's not our aircraft, then it's still something to wonder about. "Hahaha it's not aliens from outer space! don't be silly." Well, if it's not aliens, then it's something else. They even tried covering it up by saying it was an illusion caused by an airplane after they said there were no airplanes in the area. It could be a government thing, or, it really could be aliens.

Courage, Character, Confidence. UFO sighting Lunasa's Avatar
    Ehhh, just like in all these previous UFO-based threads, I don't find it anything to be phased by, but rather intrigued. Honestly, it would be quite selfish to shove away plans of a possible outside technology or lifeform, when we, ourselves, have already predicted other star systems. How do we suppose that every one of these systems also have no life. It would be: a)selfish and b) close-minded. The only reason why society won't believe it is the same reason why wizards in Harry Potter wouldn't believe Voldemort is back- they're frightened and scared to be de-throned from their positions of power.

"Let oneself make oneself a fool. Blind. Senseless. Confused."
    ~Anonymous

Synthesized Ascension UFO sighting Zardoch's Avatar

Oh snap, "The Truth is out there"

Two days ago a strange alien signal, from space, was picked up. This is a great sign that there is alien life besides our own and great evidence to the naysayers that we are alone in the universe.

Now it isn't a great reliable source, but it is interesting enough to look into.

http://wap.ktvu.com/detail.jsp?key=66567&rc=ln_ne

Just thought you'd like to know.

EDIT: Here's another link.

http://www.seti.org/news/features/ha...n-detected.php
    Last edited by Zardoch; 01-17-2008 at 10:40 PM.

Gingersnap UFO sighting OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I went ahead and merged the two alien topics because they're so very similar. So... talk about aliens!

As for me, I figure it's only logical that life exists outside of our planet. It's almost arrogant to think we're the only ones when you consider the odds. Now... whether or not that life has the technology to physically come to Earth is another matter completely. But I don't think it's unreasonable to think that we've received signals from many years ago that happen to be passing by.

I'm no expert, though. Anyway, just wanted to explain my merging thing.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by Annikit View Post
    It could be a government thing, or, it really could be aliens.
    Or it could be a government thing.

These things are unidentified flying objects, so the way I see it, that's what they'll always be unless either the government confess something or aliens actually land on earth and are all like 'yo, wassup!'.

I'm always happy to see both sides to the argument here. I don't believe in aliens, but only because they haven't shown enough evidence of their existence if they do exist. Therefore I believe in the possibility in aliens, but not the definate existence of them.

I always wonder why aliens would bother making a crop circles... seems like a rather pointless venture to me. Unless they get a kick out of irritating farmers and humouring conspiracy theorists, of course.

Back. For a while. Maybe.

By posting below this text you hereby pledge unquestionable servitude to Neo Necron

Synthesized Ascension UFO sighting Zardoch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Necron View Post

I always wonder why aliens would bother making a crop circles... seems like a rather pointless venture to me. Unless they get a kick out of irritating farmers and humouring conspiracy theorists, of course.
    I do believe that crop circles were already disproved to be alien as anyone can actually do such a thing. I remember watching something on Discovery or whatever where a bunch of university kids replicated a crop circle with ease. All they had with some planks of wood on a rope so they could force the crops down by stomping on it using the wood and pretty much used some math to create the design. No one really knows why people make crop circles, but I highly doubt intelligent beings would do such a thing unless they were "marking their territory".

Air from my lungs. UFO sighting Violet's Avatar
    I can totally see crop circles being some farmer's hobby. "Okay honey, I'm going to be gone for a bit. I'm making another crop circle for everyone to suspect!" People are really superstitious, and some people like taking advantage of that, I believe. I do believe that aliens exist, however. I just wouldn't be surprised if it was the government doing things and trying to cover it up.