Thread: Rules

Rules

Have any of you been unbanned from a forum for retarded reasons? Or anywhere else for that matter? I have, a simple mistake I admit but nothing of major worry or concern left me getting banned from a site I often visit. Looking at the larger scaler of things I have come to the conclusion rules are not literal in most cases. In most cases rules are broken with no consequences whilst at the same time minor offenses lead to much larger consequences than major offenses.

Rules are nothing more than a means of protection and used to enforce control and are easily bent in cases of favoritism. All the places I'm banned from have no real reason other than the mods just being general asshats.

I'm just venting.

((This in no way applies to these forums))

Yeah, rules are like the boundaries of places, and once you step over them, you are officially making the place un-safe. Although I admit that rules are quite dull, stupid, and boring at times to follow, I certainly understand their causes. Without them, our earth would be complete and utter chaos by now.

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

Che
    It's the same way in real life. When cops pull you over for speeding they can also write tickets for no seatbelt, reckless driving, yada yada yada. You can go to court and probably get most of those taken off the ticket, but they'll still get you for one of them.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fate View Post
    Yeah, rules are like the boundaries of places, and once you step over them, you are officially making the place un-safe. Although I admit that rules are quite dull, stupid, and boring at times to follow, I certainly understand their causes. Without them, our earth would be complete and utter chaos by now.
    The world is in chaos. I'm just waiting for the looting to begin.

I've broken rules, but have never been banned from anywhere... yet. This is the only site I've ever ben warned on, but thats understandable because I'm always on here, so I'm more likely to slip up. ^^

As much as I'm not a big fan of rules, I know they are there for a reason. Sometimes, it's a little fun having a few rules - you can push them a little bit, but always stop before real trouble starts. Like... me and my friends hanging around inside the school building when you're not supposed to, then playing with the dinner ladies by hidding from them. >>;;

But yeah. Never been banned. Never intend to.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Rules are rules... they're there. And they're there for a reason - generally to make the world a safer place. There a speed limits to save peoples lives, there are no littering rules to keep the planet tidy and clean, there are forum rules to keep things in order xP.

I'm very much a stickler for the rules. I get very paranoid if I think I've broken one... Or done something I shouldn't have... Just in my nature I guess x3.

Oh yeah, and I've never been banned... yet <_<

Following the path for truth...

and ending the dream.

Well, all the rules they have at school, I usually am one to follow them. Of course, when a teacher of staff is around. But once they disappear, I'm most likely the one to cause trouble... But! I know better than to do it in front of a security camera; I'm not that stupid!

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! Rules Tallulah's Avatar
    I have only been banned once, from a dating site my ex goes on (or went on, I rather think he's lost his faith in the site), which his friend (so-called!) told me he was on. I was playing a rather nasty trick on my ex boyfriend; he took the bait and I agreed to meet up with him. I didn't go; instead I left him a vitriolic message telling him a few home truths, then reported him for sexually explicit messages. It obviously got to him because he reported me and got me a lifetime ban. Still, I have a boyfriend anyway, so I don't need **** like that.

Otherwise, I'm perfectl;y well-behaved.

The joke is far too true Rules loner-kid's Avatar
    Tallulah that's terrifying, I just hope he deserved it.

As far as rules go I obey them to the extent they need to be obeyed, there are always rules that aren't upheld and you only get warnings for breaking. A nice smile and rectifying it will usually get you out of minor offences

Read some of my stuff here
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...-snippets.html

The Gargoyle
    SPOILER!!:

The gargoyle sits, solemnly, alone
    That silent man of stone
    Here, for his deeds he must atone

Beaten eyes stare blankly
    Withered arms curved and wrinkly
    Bat-like wings spread fully

For once he was a man deceitful
    His soul decored in black so hateful
    From his despair grew pain most vengeful

With his death he was deserted
    Left condemned and desecrated
    Bound to form most understated

And now he is but a statue made of stone
    Sitting all alone

Star Gaze
    SPOILER!!:
    High in the sky, blinking down on us
    We all watch the stars
    Believing, as we do
    That friends and lovers long since moved away are staring upwards too
    Remembering us as we remember them
    Smiling in the light of an unatainable star
    And even if the star was snuffed out at that very moment
    We would never know
    We just keep smiling
    And believe the star is true

My TFF Family
    (is laughably small because 'loner' turned out to be fairly accurate)
    Unknown-Entity - loner-kid's hilarious 'friend'
    Raider - my ginger brother

Genocide Unfolds, I Forgive All Chez Daja's Avatar
    Yeah, haha... I used to visit a forum. One day I seemed to upset a moderator by saying something like "well you know, not everybody needs to drink to have fun." When he replied with "that's a pretty stupid outlook", I asked "what, did I strike a nerve?" I was banned.

I still smile about it whenever somebody I know mentions the place, because I know that I must've really upset somebody with something so small and petty that they felt the need to "protect" their members from people who are sober. In the end, it didn't matter all that much to me.

The person in my avatar is me.

THIS SIGNATURE IS VERY DISTRACTINGS

I was the holder of the highest amount of rep that ever lived on TFF. 1788. lolz. I ween.

Quote Originally Posted by Chez Daja View Post
    Yeah, haha... I used to visit a forum. One day I seemed to upset a moderator by saying something like "well you know, not everybody needs to drink to have fun." When he replied with "that's a pretty stupid outlook", I asked "what, did I strike a nerve?" I was banned.
    Chez, to me, that's a pretty weird reason to get banned. I mean, it's not like that was serious flaming... But were there no warnings in that forum? Was it an immediate ban if you disrespect a mod with something like that?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Angantyr View Post
    Have any of you been unbanned from a forum for retarded reasons? Or anywhere else for that matter? I have, a simple mistake I admit but nothing of major worry or concern left me getting banned from a site I often visit. Looking at the larger scaler of things I have come to the conclusion rules are not literal in most cases. In most cases rules are broken with no consequences whilst at the same time minor offenses lead to much larger consequences than major offenses.

Rules are nothing more than a means of protection and used to enforce control and are easily bent in cases of favoritism. All the places I'm banned from have no real reason other than the mods just being general asshats.

I'm just venting.

((This in no way applies to these forums))

Posting CP isn't just a "simple" mistake, Angantyr.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2