Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: " Types" of post-ers on TFF

" Types" of post-ers on TFF

* Edit: I put Rocky's up here too.

I haven't been here too long, but It seems like there are different "types of post-ers on TFF, Just something I noticed. This is not directed towards anyone just something I thought, and wanted to see if people think or see the same thing happening.
    (sorry if there is a thread similar to this already)

These are some of the things I have noticed ( if you can point some out too that would be great):

EDIT:Noobs VS Vets( brought up by Meier Link)
    It is a common problem here. Noobs are to afraid to talk to vets and vets dont feel like wasting time because they don't know if the newer member is going to stick around for long enough to make a difference.
    The line drawn between the more experienced members that have been around for long periods of time, and newcomers, who can easily flake. The biggest and most obvious "separation".

*something else I have noticed, I have yet to see a non vet disagree or or point out something about a Vets post. Which I think kinda proves the above... Maybe vets just don't make mistakes or Noobs are too scared to point something out they disagree with.

Word Game Junkies
    I see a lot of the same members posting in only areas like Word Games and Humor, and not contributing to anything but that really. Not that I'm complaining, some word games are fun, sometimes I occasionally will participate, But not just that. It takes away from other parts of the forum.

EDIT:Trouble Makers( brought up by Andromeda)
    The people who's sole purpose is to cause trouble with a future that is short and easily read (banned).(Trollers)

Also I've seen these types of members make new accounts under different names to continue to do the same thing....

Rabble Rousers( Andromeda)
    Then there is a group that are well meaning and possibly manner members that simply want to push the limits and know when to stop and when they can go. Their intentions are to cause trouble, but not really so much to be banned or really to be hated. They just simply want to play on the edge of the rules.
    -Is a group that are still members that just look to have fun by pushing the bounds of the rules. They are generally and usually pretty well liked by other members. They also have a pretty good understanding the rules so they know when to stop. And they usually manage to avoid any warnings because they know when to stop. They just like to do things that sensationalize things and making a reaction often feeling that things are slow or dull or boring and want to bring spice to things. It usually brings some activity along which is sometimes the motivating factor. It varies from member to member.

Edit:Lurkers ( brought up by Ruin-Tumult)
    The ones who have been here for a while, and are constantly online, yet hardly post, due to either not finding the right threads to post to, wether or not they are afraid to post, or the fact that they simply are surfing, and prefer reading over posting itself.

Edit:Agressive Lurkers(brought up by Hyzenthlay)
    The people that sit on the forum, having posted a thread and waiting for a reply. Most of these threads are discussions and when people dissagree with them they explode and argue the point relentlessly. There are a few of these around, most of them tend to be newer members.

EDIT:FF Fanatics(brought up by Anromeda):
    Those who spend most of their time posting in the FF sections of the forum. I've seen these types of people sometimes take on their "character" too seriously... not all but the hardcore ones. This kind of troubles me because they don't show their true personality in their posts. I understand that this is a game forum but...
    Also I always see the same types of posts in these sections it gets old after a while.. Favorite character, Favorite Party, a bazillion of the exact same music threads in multiple areas, which character likes who...I could go on...the same threads revived over and over.

Intellects:
    The intelligent posters of the forum who speak strong opinions and help contribute to the forum. I see that some tend to just post in Intellectual discussion (not all) but I find nothing wrong with that because it's still contributing. Unlike the Games/Humor section there is no real meaning, and nothing to really be discussed.

EDIT:RPers(brought up by Dodie16):
    I guess those who spend most of their time RP-ing instead of contributing to other parts of the forum. I don't really RP. But I have noticed the lots of RPers are excellent writers and usually post in the Literature and Journals sections as well.

The kind of? contributing members?:
    I see that there are some members who like to help and do their best to respond to posts, but they either do not write or explain enough, or there are major grammatical errors (which I'm not belittling them for) because not everyone has great spelling, but I think that if you are going to post something others are intended to read you should at least run it through a spell check.

Spammers and Post counters:
    I also see that there are post-ers who spam and post any one liner anywhere
    they can. I can't see what the point of this is other than to try and get a higher rank. I would get bored posting one liners all day, there is really no point in them being here. I know there are probably some who would rather read others posts rather than write, but that doesn't mean post crap.

The type Noobs fear :
    There are those post-ers who have strong opinions and will call you out on your crap post. I see nothing wrong with this because some need to be told. But at the same time I think It might keep new members from returning If they get too flustered or upset over a remark, which is silly, but it happens. New people I think tend to take things more personally when they shouldn't.

*It seems like there is a natural separation between "groups" of members. These are things I just noticed, What do you think?

By Rocky:

I call a caste system overall, all in favor say I! K that sounds like everyone, so let me begin.

Nooblets: [Frequency: Common]
    People who are new to TFF (most likely even forums in general), are mostly underage, and have their favorite FF as the most recent generation one (FF12 for example) These people will check out the different forums for the game of their choice, will post a new thread asking about something in the game (that has most likely been already answered), and will probably never come back once their question gets answered.

Newbies: [Frequency: Very Common]
    These are the guys who fulfill most of the requirements of Nooblets, but may vary their posting a bit, such as posting in General Chat, Humor/Word Games, etc. They will mostly stay unnoticed and converse with other Newbies. Most of the Newbies will have problems with basic posting habits and norms, so many will sound incoherant and will not make much sense. Also, most of them will become friends with each other, and a few will be friends with someone higher up on the food chain, but it will be mostly on an individual case-by-case basis.

Prodigies: [Frequency: Rare]
    These are the rare "shiny" Newbie versions, aka a Newbie that understands how to communicate effectively, that posts in many different forums, and one that is easy to make friends with. They will be friendly and charismatic people and will get in the higher-up cliques in a short amount of time. Survey says that the TFF is not their first forum they have joined, either. I would consider Kilala a "Prodigy", according to my caste system.

The Roleplayers: [Frequency: Very Rare]
    These are the members that join mostly for the sake of the RP forum found at TFF. Though they are very few, if non-existant these days, there were once several people that joined TFF just because back in the day, TFF was known as a one of the best RP forum around.

The Oldbies: [Frequency: Uncommon]
    These are people that may have been around TFF for awhile, but aren't really considered a "Veteran". They might not be quite as active as everyone else and thus may not be a familar name, besides the fact their join date gives them credit of several years. They may stay behind the scenes and/or just stay in a couple part of the forums, and may talk to a few of their friends. I would consider Azuteor and Supersabin2005 "Oldbies".

Veterans: [Frequency: Rare]
    People who have been around TFF for a period of several years, though not necessarily active or even lurking for that matter. May have an absurd post count/join date (in either extreme), will most likely be older (17+), have participated in several TFF activities and have recognition from it.

Lifers: [Frequency: Very Rare]
    These senior people have been consistantly with TFF for the long haul, over a period of many years. Because there are so few to gather data on, I can't really give a general consensus on them. As for Lifers, I would give this up to people like Cesar, Pete, Cain, and Che.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 09-23-2009 at 10:54 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Registered User " Types" of post-ers on TFF
    *It seems like there is a natural separation between "groups" of members. These are things I just noticed, What do you think?
    Um, I don't think there's really a seperation like that. That just makes TFF sound like high school or something. I think there are places on TFF that you feel more inclined to post than others. Like, I'll read posts and threads in the Intellectual Discussion area of the forums, but I don't really feel comfortable posting there. I suppose this is the rare instance that I do. No, I like just having fun and posting in places like Gen. Discussion, H/WG, and the FF/games parts of the forums. Also, I'm not so smart when it comes to the things that get discussed in those parts, but I do think that they are real interesting to read.

From what I've seen, people on this forum are pretty cool in chatting it up with other members, even if they don't post in the same types of threads.

( if you can point some out too that would be great):
    The RPers!!!

I think that this is a dying breed of Forum posters, but hopefully that will change in the future. I know that there are some threads that have popped up recently to help promote this, and I wish all who participate the very best of luck! If I could be as creative and imaginative as some of these posters, then I would totally try my hand at an RP battle.

Edit: I agree with Fate. I don't think that I fit into just one category either, and I feel that many people will think the same thing.
    Last edited by Dodie16; 09-16-2009 at 08:31 PM.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Tsuna Feesh " Types" of post-ers on TFF Fate's Avatar
    To be honest, I think that I am a mix of several ones you have mentioned above. I enjoy the word games forum a lot, and I post in them regularly when there is a lot of activity going on in them. But that's the thing: I only like them when they're active; dead ones are no fun. I did spam, once upon a time, but I steered off that path, thankfully. At least, if I do spam any more, it is much less than a few months ago. Also, I can sometimes get annoyed at posts that are along the lines of, "hahaha lol." But I try not to be too harsh.

I feel that there are more categories, but I just can't seem to put my finger on it...

::EDIT:: Oh, I forgot about RPers, Dodie. =P You're right.
    Last edited by Fate; 09-16-2009 at 08:33 PM.

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

The Quiet One " Types" of post-ers on TFF Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I would say of the groups you made you are pretty accurate in their descriptions. And it does end up summarizing the bulk of the members on the forums. Though there are also the lurkers that you're forgetting about as well as troublemakers and rabble rousers or whatever. I might say that there is may even just be a group that is "normal" which is a little odd or vague, but I'd say that being normal is more like a miscellaneous grouping of the remaining members that don't expressly fall in to any of the groupings cleanly. Because I do think that there are just members that just post. And now that I think about it there are probably also the FF fanatics.

I do make a distinction between troublemakers and rabble rousers even though I don't think its an accurate word. There are people who's sole purpose is to cause trouble with a future that is short and easily read (banned). Then there is a group that are well meaning and possibly manner members that simply want to push the limits and know when to stop and when they can go. Their intentions are to cause trouble, but not really so much to be banned or really to be hated. They just simply want to play on the edge of the rules.

There used to be another group or two that existed, but with the way the forums have changed. Those groups have become extinct. Which is a little sad because one of them usually were the most active members too.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

@ Fate: I know many members are mixtures, I just posted the main ones I could think of at the moment....

@Dodie: I'm not saying that there is a Huge separation, so much that different posters don't converse, Just that they are there... invisible barriers. hence, one of the reasons why serious topics, or ones that need more thought are posted in Intellectual Discussion, for example. Because they don't want spammers to be posting meaningless one liners, or responses that make no sense.( different types of posters)
    ( I guess I could add RPers )
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 09-16-2009 at 10:05 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Sorry for the short post but if you want a deffinant distinction of classes you should also incorperate the "older" members and the "newer" members. There are only a few of us that can trasition between the 2 easily. I will come back to this thread when there is more content posted. I am already thinking of a spill to type out so I expect everyting else to be good.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

The Quiet One " Types" of post-ers on TFF Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Tenseiken, there are two different groups that I posted about. Troublemakers and Rabble Rousers. They are pretty distinct in their actions and thinking. Troublemakers include the trolling since they usually do that before getting banned.

However, Rabble Rousers or some other term that better fits them. Is a group that are still members that just look to have fun by pushing the bounds of the rules. They are generally and usually pretty well liked by other members. They also have a pretty good understanding the rules so they know when to stop. And they usually manage to avoid any warnings because they know when to stop. They just like to do things that sensationalize things and making a reaction often feeling that things are slow or dull or boring and want to bring spice to things. It usually brings some activity along which is sometimes the motivating factor. It varies from member to member.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Bananarama " Types" of post-ers on TFF Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rabble rousers are also notorious for uncontrollably going "rabble rabble rabble!" as they post. Like this

I like to consider myself a vet, the occasional intellect and rp'er, a full time rabble rouser and the type that noobs fear... mostly because I like to say exactly what's on my mind, regardless of who I'm arguing with.

I also want to point out that because this is the internet, nobody really has to fear anything. Like, until the day I figure out how to actually lodge a boot in someone's ass via the internet, everyone's safe. I'm working on it though, but all I have is a boot and an old floppy drive.

Rabble! Rabble! Rabble!
    Last edited by Pete; 09-16-2009 at 11:24 PM.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Regarding the spammers, it would be cool if we had these specially apointed trust worthy members to keep them in check, wouldn't it ?

They would have the power of dishing out warnings and deleting spammy posts (Which counters their efforts) and also the power to ban them aswell. Which would discourage them from making pointless posts..

Wouldn't that be cool???

As my face is bruised alot these days from all the face palms ive been dishing myself from all the crap posts ive to sift through

</sarcasm>

&quot; Types&quot; of post-ers on TFF Jin's Avatar
    I think the fact that this thread is being counted as an intellectual discussion, by nature of being in the "Intellectual Discussion" forum, proves that your "intellects" category isn't large enough to be considered noteworthy.

Most of us (presumptuous, I know) have gotten fed up with circular arguments that degrade to petty name calling and off topic animosities and have either left or become "troublemakers" or "rabble rousers". So, ironically, we now degrade threads to petty name calling and off topic animosities on purpose. Because there's nothing else to do.

Until now!

Can I be forgiven for what I am now &quot; Types&quot; of post-ers on TFF xXCloudXx's Avatar
    I agree with Jin. You tell em.

SPOILER!!:
    My TFF Family

My Jenova-cell infused, awesome brother,Armageddon

My Super Smarticles sister Insufficient Mage

My Magic loving, big eyed brother ViviMasterMage

My black souled, Evil doing brother SephirothII

SPOILER!!:

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    I think the fact that this thread is being counted as an intellectual discussion, by nature of being in the "Intellectual Discussion" forum, proves that your "intellects" category isn't large enough to be considered noteworthy.

Most of us (presumptuous, I know) have gotten fed up with circular arguments that degrade to petty name calling and off topic animosities and have either left or become "troublemakers" or "rabble rousers". So, ironically, we now degrade threads to petty name calling and off topic animosities on purpose. Because there's nothing else to do.
    Yes, you trolled me into this one haha. Lets have some fun shall we?

Maybe just maybe she made this thread in ID in hopes of avioding coments like this "I agree with Jin. You tell em." and actually wanted a depiction of your views of the people that post on this forum and others likewise. Which for the most part shows some of the "intelect" that you where degrading apon.

But it was a good attempt to prove what class you define yourself as, to give into you and post this very message has probably given you some sytle of self content and vigorous means to respond. Nix also prooves a pretty good point about spamming, even if it was unintentional.

As for the over all topic I think that the point leads back to human nature at it's finest and the classifications could be taken back to real life. On a forum there are classifications of types of posters as there is the stero typical reditions of humans; emos, punks, preps and jocks just to name a few. Some of these atributes transverse real life and come to the get away spots we all know as web forums.

I will leave it at this until I see what kind of responces I have sparked.

Hmm almost seems fitting to the ID section of the forum instead of GC, doesn't it?
    Last edited by Meier Link; 09-17-2009 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Gender complications heh.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

If I had made this in GC, probably half or more of the people responding wouldn't know of what I'm talking about because not all n00bs assimilate these types of things that quickly. Don't you think it would make more sense to post this in a place where more experienced posters and Vets are most likely to respond, seeing that they would know better?

Otherwise I would have just gotten responses like the half ass, non contributing one above, which would have really made this absolutely pointless.

Ta DA!!!:

From The Clint Eastwood

Blog Entries
    whee my post got deleted earlier, but unfortunately for everyone I am just too legit to quit, so yeehaw!

But anywho, I call a caste system overall, all in favor say I! K that sounds like everyone, so let me begin.

Nooblets: [Frequency: Common] People who are new to TFF (most likely even forums in general), are mostly underage, and have their favorite FF as the most recent generation one (FF12 for example) These people will check out the different forums for the game of their choice, will post a new thread asking about something in the game (that has most likely been already answered), and will probably never come back once their question gets answered.

Newbies: [Frequency: Very Common] These are the guys who fulfill most of the requirements of Nooblets, but may vary their posting a bit, such as posting in General Chat, Humor/Word Games, etc. They will mostly stay unnoticed and converse with other Newbies. Most of the Newbies will have problems with basic posting habits and norms, so many will sound incoherant and will not make much sense. Also, most of them will become friends with each other, and a few will be friends with someone higher up on the food chain, but it will be mostly on an individual case-by-case basis.

Prodigies: [Frequency: Rare] These are the rare "shiny" Newbie versions, aka a Newbie that understands how to communicate effectively, that posts in many different forums, and one that is easy to make friends with. They will be friendly and charismatic people and will get in the higher-up cliques in a short amount of time. Survey says that the TFF is not their first forum they have joined, either. I would consider Kilala a "Prodigy", according to my caste system.

The Roleplayers: [Frequency: Very Rare] These are the members that join mostly for the sake of the RP forum found at TFF. Though they are very few, if non-existant these days, there were once several people that joined TFF just because back in the day, TFF was known as a one of the best RP forum around.

The Oldbies: [Frequency: Uncommon] These are people that may have been around TFF for awhile, but aren't really considered a "Veteran". They might not be quite as active as everyone else and thus may not be a familar name, besides the fact their join date gives them credit of several years. They may stay behind the scenes and/or just stay in a couple part of the forums, and may talk to a few of their friends. I would consider Azuteor and Supersabin2005 "Oldbies".

Veterans: [Frequency: Rare] People who have been around TFF for a period of several years, though not necessarily active or even lurking for that matter. May have an absurd post count/join date (in either extreme), will most likely be older (17+), have participated in several TFF activities and have recognition from it.

Lifers: [Frequency: Very Rare] These senior people have been consistantly with TFF for the long haul, over a period of many years. Because there are so few to gather data on, I can't really give a general consensus on them. As for Lifers, I would give this up to people like Cesar, Pete, Cain, and Che.

there are also a few others that I can't think of, but I'll leave this here for now.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Quote Originally Posted by MeierLink
    Yes, you trolled me into this one haha. Lets have some fun shall we?
    I wasn't trolling you, I was trolling the original poster. I don't recall engaging with you at all. Get it right.

The rest of your post is written in a bit of a hodgepodge style and I'm far too tired this morning to attempt to decode it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TenseikenSlash
    If I had made this in GC, probably half or more of the people responding wouldn't know of what I'm talking about because not all n00bs assimilate these types of things that quickly. Don't you think it would make more sense to post this in a place where more experienced posters and Vets are most likely to respond, seeing that they would know better?

Otherwise I would have just gotten responses like the half ass, non contributing one above, which would have really made this absolutely pointless.
    By this logic, you should have posted this in the RP forum where you're even more likely to find long, descriptive posts. And yes, I know, this thread isn't an RP. But It also isn't an intellectual discussion. If you're being forced to create a thread in the wrong forum because it's one of the few that is usually clear of one liners, then there's something horribly wrong with this forum.

Until now!

I wasn't trolling you, I was trolling the original poster. I don't recall engaging with you at all. Get it right.

The rest of your post is written in a bit of a hodgepodge style and I'm far too tired this morning to attempt to decode it.

By this logic, you should have posted this in the RP forum where you're even more likely to find long, descriptive posts. And yes, I know, this thread isn't an RP. But It also isn't an intellectual discussion. If you're being forced to create a thread in the wrong forum because it's one of the few that is usually clear of one liners, then there's something horribly wrong with this forum.
    This wasn't posted here just to avoid one liners, it's the quality of content in the posts. Yes, I being semi-new to the forum would realize something like this would be better suited for the section titled "Role Playing".... If thats the case we should just move the whole intellectual discussion section there.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 09-18-2009 at 09:42 AM.

Ta DA!!!:

From The Clint Eastwood

This wasn't posted here just to avoid one liners, it's the quality of content in the posts.
    Quality should not be the criteria that makes a thread belong in this forum. That would imply that the General Chat forum is supposed to be for low quality posts, which isn't the case at all. At least in theory, all forums aside from word games should (emphasis on should) contain "quality" posts.

If you were to focus on the philosophical or sociological aspects of these categories then you may have a thread that belongs in here, but as it stands, this thread really has no reason to be in the ID forum. But hey, ultimately that's up to a mod. I'm just rabble rousing. Like I said, there's nothing else to do here.

Second why would anyone consider posting something like this in RP section? If thats the case we should just move the whole intellectual discussion section there.
    If you look hard enough, you'll find that that's exactly my point.

Until now!

Blog Entries
    If you were to focus on the philosophical or sociological aspects of these categories...
    Then why don't we do that? Why don't we start with you? What made you decide to become a "rabble rouser," as opposed to some alternative solution to your problem of boredom with this site?

What is worth the effort? Is it worth the effort to make rabble rousing posts to try to get a rise out of other people? Does that bring you a higher level of satisfaction than simply trying to stay the course and play nice? But what if everyone stopped reacting to your rabble rousing posts? Would you simply leave, or would you stick around, and continue on? What is the point of it, and what makes it all that much different from making a legitimate post?

And what is a legitimate post? I think everyone has a different definition of what they believe it to be. Some would likely call this entire post "filler," and give it no greater value than the one liner by that xXCloudXx kid. Everyone thinks differently, and therefore posts differently. Different solutions, and all that.

I kind of lost track of where I was going with this; too many distractions right now, and I'm running out of time. But I'll leave you with those questions, should you choose to answer them. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Hahaha, this is getting interesting.

What is worth the effort? Is it worth the effort to make rabble rousing posts to try to get a rise out of other people? Does that bring you a higher level of satisfaction than simply trying to stay the course and play nice? But what if everyone stopped reacting to your rabble rousing posts? Would you simply leave, or would you stick around, and continue on? What is the point of it, and what makes it all that much different from making a legitimate post?
    I will answer each question in order, but without labeling. That will make it more fun. At least for me.

I don't understand. It takes no effort, so yes. Yes. Nothing much would change. I'd stay; the reactions don't interest me as much as you may think, I just enjoy reading my own posts sometimes. It's mildly entertaining; certainly more so than stating "I like Cloud the best" for the 100th time or "my favourite food is pizza" for the 200th.

There you go. Now it's my turn. Answer every question you asked me, but in reverse (ie rabble rousing/getting a rise = not doing so).

Go!

Until now!

Quality should not be the criteria that makes a thread belong in this forum. That would imply that the General Chat forum is supposed to be for low quality posts, which isn't the case at all. At least in theory, all forums aside from word games should (emphasis on should) contain "quality" posts.
    The General Chat forum is not for low quality posts, that's not what I meant. It's seems like it would be more common to receive more informative post to my topic here than it would there. Not dumb or bad post, just not what I am looking for. As you can see, post-ers who do not usually post in this thread are delivering, for the most part short, responses not pertaining to the bigger picture.

Ta DA!!!:

From The Clint Eastwood

There should be more of an attempt to escape from such types of archaic classifications. In particular, I would revolt against any of those proposed camps. After all, I'm just a farmer.

You do, however, point out some of the issues involved with new members in their disagreements with veterans. I freely admit to having had harbored some ill will toward newer members at a time. It was about the time I could be considered a senior member of the forum populace, and a large aspect of the association had to do with the fact that the people whose join dates trumped my own were often older than myself, and likely smarter. However, as time has gone on, I have realized that the veterans can very likely be just as elementary as a new member, and moreso because they should know better in their twenties and beyond. Every time I pop my virtual head into this forum, I learn something new, and it is rarely of the classification of being positive in my consideration of the human race.

Rather, you should just post in areas that give you some entertainment. I see no reason to have discontent with people's decisions to occupy only certain sub-forums, whether it be the Final Fantasy series, the Word Games section, or the Intelligent Discussion forum (however, you should not confuse posters contributing to the Intelligent Discussion forum as being intelligent. If anything, it is the opposite).
    Last edited by Walter Sobchak; 09-18-2009 at 09:17 PM.

Professional Klutz. &quot; Types&quot; of post-ers on TFF Hyzenthlay's Avatar
    Nobody has mentioned these:

Agressive Lurkers-
    The people that sit on the forum, having posted a thread and waiting for a reply. Most of these threads are discussions and when people dissagree with them they explode and argue the point relentlessly. There are a few of these around, most of them tend to be newer members.
    Cogito, ergo sum.
    PRK9, putting the Kitty back in Por Rorr.
    Most likely to have supernatural babies- TFF Bogus Awards 2009- Winner

Blog Entries
    Well, I'm glad you think it's interesting, as opposed to tedious or something like that. Okay, I will answer my own questions, as per your request. Lessee...

What is worth the effort? I'm not sure what I meant by that anymore. There were little children in the room, and I had to go to work in an hour, so I wasn't as clear as I would've liked to have been. I think it had something to do with "What kind of post is worth the effort of posting?" maybe. A rabble-rousing post, a neutral post, etc. To me, it is worth the effort to try to make a neutral post, mostly because it takes no more effort to make a snarky post. I can explain what I don't like I or what I disagree with without trying to get a rise out of someone. And, as frequently as I get into conflict with people lately, I don't really like it that much. When I do, it's often one of those "in the moment" things, where I forget that I don't like it, ha. Like certain real life situations, like the game I was at today; I forget that I'm shy because I get so worked up.

What if everyone stopped reacting to my posts... they generally do, anyway. And I haven't gone away.

So your rabble-rousing posts are more to entertain yourself; to "listen to the sound of your own voice?" (except it would be more like reading your own text.) I can see where you're coming from with that; I like to do that sometimes too, ha. Or I'll get one of my friends and be like, "come read this!" if I think it's particularly good. It's kinda vain, isn't it?

I had a direction I was going with this yesterday, and completely forgot it. There was a game I was at that went badly and pissed me off, so... yeah. Sorry I can't move it further. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom
    Last edited by Taco-Calamitous; 09-19-2009 at 08:49 PM. Reason: because.

Briefly looking through, I think you forgot to add Lurkers, which I obviously am. The ones who have been here for a while, and are constantly online, yet hardly post, due to either not finding the right threads to post to, wether or not they are afraid to post, or the fact that they simply are surfing, and prefer reading over posting itself.

In december, I'll be on for a full year, yet I don't even have 150 posts. Haha, maybe I'm just not finding enough interesting threads to respond to. Either that, or I just don't bother posting. I'm slowly starting to build momentum, though, so hopefully things will change.

Last edited by Zerobanshee; 09-20-2009 at 07:32 PM.
    Proud to be in the United States Navy.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Moog
    You haven't lived until you've taken a shit so massive you quacked.

I will finish the hunt &quot; Types&quot; of post-ers on TFF Cheesevixen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think the closest anyone has come to describe me is an "Oldbie". Although I tend to post quite frequently (pre-account deletion I was at 2000 posts). So I'm a frequent Oldbie. To properly describe me I would say I am an average user whom posts in most social threads as opposed to threads made for specific topics. I don't consider myself a vet. I have only been on here for 3-4 years. I forget when exactly I first came to TFF. I get along with some vets and some intellects, and I have been known to spark a few fights. I don't talk to n00bs out of caution.

As I was reading the topic I too was confused as to why it was in ID, but someone brought up the fact that this particular user may have just been searching for deeper conversation than what usually goes on in GD. I can understand that. However, I don't think it was an intellectual discussion until the "intellects" made it one with their own disagreements. How ironic.

Edit: the post below made more sense. I'm an asshole.
    Last edited by Cheesevixen; 10-27-2009 at 12:59 PM.
    "Some men just want to watch the world burn"

Govinda
    Wait...I don't get it. Why is this in the supposed 'debate' area? Everyone knows what kinds of posters we have here, just the same as everywhere else: pussies, assholes, and dicks.

I don't often try to defend the sanctity of ID, but really, come on.

I already tried that. They didn't like it.

Until now!

It should be said that Jin and I have our own group. Our love is too deep for it to be a large group, although sometimes Govinda and maybe Sinister can join. Everyone else is strictly on the "tits or GTFO" shortlist.

Gingersnap &quot; Types&quot; of post-ers on TFF OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I find it encouraging that TFFers don't consider me an "intellect."
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    It should be said that Jin and I have our own group. Our love is too deep for it to be a large group, although sometimes Govinda and maybe Sinister can join. Everyone else is strictly on the "tits or GTFO" shortlist.

Our main activity, as far as I can tell, is removing self appointed members from the "intellects" category.

That and orgies. Lots of orgies.

Until now!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast