Thread: Time for Shopping

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Time for Shopping Xanatos's Avatar

Time for Shopping

My sister sent me some cash recently, I decided to spent it on some new clothes, so I went shopping today. I bought myself a new t-shirt, loose jeans. and classic black (leather this time) converse to go with all that, my usual set, the funny thing is I roughly spent about 10-15 minutes to buy all of that. And that's my problem, I'm inpatient when it comes to these sort of things, I want to get it over with as soon as possible, I don't have patience to search for discounts or to go from shop to shop just to see what they have to offer. Even at choosing clothes I tend to be quick, I usually know in advance what I want just to save me some time, so I really hate when the employee's are giving me suggestions, or when someone tags with me who stalls me with his own suggestions.

Anyway, I was just wondering, by any chance might there be someone with similar attitude, as for the rest of you, do you like shopping (I have yet to see a girl who doesn't, does a girl like that even exists) and how much time you require for it, do you go from place to place to see what they have to offer, to check prizes, and discounts or do you just have one place where you usually buy your clothes?

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Magically Delicous Time for Shopping Merlin's Avatar

Re: Time for Shopping

I used to never mind shopping, but I always kept it simple. I know exactly what I want to buy, where to get it for the best price and where to get it if the store doesn't have it (like they claimed they did). The problem nowadays is that brick and mortar stores are hurting for business so much that every employee is a salesman pitching at least three different things you don't want but they are required by their boss to ask you. Keep in mind, I "have" reward zone cards to these places when you read this:

If I want to rent some movies, the employee will say: "Do you have a rewardzone card? Would you like to get one? You can get X,Y if you get one today. Would you like popcorn with that? Perhaps a soda? Do you have a blu-ray player? Would you like to buy one?" NO!

If I want to pre-order a game but don't want to pay shipping since I have a Gamestop like a block a way from my house... "Do you have a reward zone card? Would you like to get one? You can get X off your purchase today if you do. Would you like to pre-order any other games? Do you have any games or movies you would like to trade in today? You know the new X and Y games are coming out soon, are you sure you don't want to pre-order them today? It's only $5 now." NO!

If I want to buy a shirt from a store: "Do you have a X Store credit card? Would you like to get one today? You can save Y off your purchase if you get one today. Did you find everything you were looking for? Is there anything else we can do for you today? Can I have your phone number, date of birth, address, social security #..." NO!

People complain about pop-up ads. I don't. I complain about pop-up PEOPLE. It turns any shopping experience into a chore. Today, if I can get it online with little or no hassle, I will. Some things still require a brick and mortar store, like shoes... but the list is pretty small.

Registered User Time for Shopping Diyala's Avatar

I like shopping from time to time and some times I go shopping along with my younger sis whose fond of buying clothes ,and didn't get anything I admire there just fo fun. Comparing to her , shopping means nothing to me coz she is good in knowing what suits her as well as others , I mean when she like a particular pant for instance she has her own plan that I will get the shoes from ..., and the ring from..., the bag from..., till she has the complete collection in her mind so that way she is encouraged to buy simple things since she will add different things to make it look beautiful . haha that's what I miss while shopping .
    As for the short time you took I think this is up to whether you're a girl or guy , coz girls spent hours before buying even a simple piece, but that reminds me of myself when all my sisters were happily shopping but that time I got a sudden stomachache and didn't want to get home with nothing in my hand so I was picking things randomly hahah that was really funny even my sister's face was saying were you ok when you got that thing !
    Yeah discounts must be taken in account when we want to buy , and pass by as much as we can to see what they offer ,but that dosen't mean I prevent myself from buying If I stand contemplating an expensive dress , yeah it takes me over 15 to make up my mind before buying it but I end up having it in my bag ^_______^
    Last edited by Diyala; 07-05-2010 at 08:10 AM.

Registered User Time for Shopping kupo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post

Anyway, I was just wondering, by any chance might there be someone with similar attitude, as for the rest of you, do you like shopping (I have yet to see a girl who doesn't, does a girl like that even exists)
    we're a rare species but we do exist. when i go shopping, i dont try and make a day out of it. i'll know what i want to get, where to get it, find my size, get it, and leave.

"With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man." - Balthier

CURRENTLY PLAYING
    final fantasy xiii-2
    skyrim
    pokemon fire red

Bananarama Time for Shopping Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have to agree with Merlin. I really hate how people pester you about the various rewards cards. The only ones that I actually find to be useful are the ones from groceries and for sporting goods stores. I don't wanna plug anything, but Dicks sends you some amazing coupons if you wind up spending enough over a certain period of time. Plus, they'll give you coupons for x amount of rewards points. I think like 1 point = 1 dollar, and essentially, they'll give you coupons for 200 additional points. When you buy a ton of equipment, it's pretty sweet. Grocery stores are kind of the same way. They'll offer you ridiculous deals if you have their card, but even if you don't have it, they'll still let you use a store card, so you get the same deal regardless.

I'm positive that it's just a means for people to track what you do/ buy, even if you pay cash. You have to provide at least a name, address and phone number to get a card. That information is all stored in their system, along with your purchases, amount paid and how you paid for it. I'm sure each and every one of those databases is linked with some kind of government computer...

Shady shit.

Other than that, I don't really look for the best deal for certain things. For sporting goods, I'm very very picky. It took me 2 weeks to decide on which catchers glove to pick up.

As for regular, everyday clothes, depending on the store, I won't even try the clothes on. I'll look for what I need, size 32x30 jeans and medium t shirts, athletic fit if possible, and I'm set. For dressier clothes, like button down shirts and suits, I'll try everything on and try to get the best fit possible.

For everything else, it's usually a matter of necessity. Do I NEED it vs do I WANT it?
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Crash Boom Bang Time for Shopping Lily's Avatar

Ahhh I love shopping. I prefer to do it on my own though. I spent about 3 quarters of an hour deliberating over shoes in New Look today - I wouldn't wish my annoying shopping habits on anyone else. I don't really like shopping with other people anyway, I wanna take my time to browse and have my headphones in and jut browse at my own pace. Same like, I don't like shopping with other people who are on the spend, I hate trapsing around after folk and god forbid you make me wait outside a waiting room. If there's one thing I don't faff about over, it's trying clothes on. I'm in and out of the fitting rooms well fast, I bloody hate it. If I can get away with not trying shit on, then I wont bother

It's all in the browsiiing. I'm gutted that a pair of shoes Ive been eyeballing since they were full price keep getting reduced though, and they dont have my size, in either colour, and they are lovely.

Registered User Time for Shopping

Oh, shopping~! Love to shop! Haven't done it in forever though... I've had the urge for a while, I just haven't acted on it. Oh well. Least I'm not spending money I shouldn't be spending!

Uh, usually when I go, it's for a couple of hours, unless I go out of town to shop, then it's a full day. Tulsa has great shopping, and so does Branson. Outlet malls are fun! Too bad there's none close to where I live, hence the reason for out of town trips.

I used to buy anything and everything on a whim, but that got me in a bit of trouble, so now I plan ahead as to what I want to buy or need to buy. If I see something that I really really REALLY want right there in the store that I wasn't planning to buy, I'll wait a couple of weeks first. If I still want it after that much time has passed, then I'll go get it. Doing stuff like that helps stop unnecessary spending...sometimes. There are times where I still buy things that aren't on the list, but it's not often.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

I don't like shopping.
    I feel uncomfortable in clothes shops and the only shops I can really spend time in are comic and game one. Even then I'd rather be in and out.
    I have a couple of the reward card thingamajigs but always forget them, that's why I like the ones that can add points onto your account without having it physically there.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I dislike most kinds of shopping. I can't stand crowded stores, screaming kids, and rude staff (who I can sympathise with, but if you're the first friendly customer they've come across that day, then surely it wouldn't hurt being friendly back).

I really hate clothes shopping. There's always some screaming kid in a pram, which is being pushed by some rude mother, who'll always bash the pram into you. You could politely move out of the way for her, and the wheel will still catch you, or if you're really lucky, she'll miss with the pram... but then she might send her handbag into your ribcage to make a point. Then there's the changing rooms, which are tiny, often smelly, and they don't have air conditioning. Also, in the ones with curtains in the way of people spying over your curves, there's always one person who will open the curtain thinking it was vacant - and why is it always when you're standing there without a top or bottoms on, and you're about to try something on?

You could argue and say that you could take it home, try it on, and take it back if it doesn't fit, but that requires time and bus journeys - the only clothing store which is affordable and within walking distance of my house sells mainly office wear. -_-;

Then there's food shopping, which isn't as bad... unless you don't know what you're there for. Otherwise I just drift aimlessly around the store, picking up a load of junk. With a list/idea of what I'm getting, I don't mind wondering around and picking up little bits of junk; I feel a little disappointed when I leave the store with just a few pints of milk and a loaf of bread. ^^;

But there's always kids running around without their parents out of sight, screaming at the top of their lungs, or throwing a tantrum because their parent(s) said "No," to something they wanted. @_@

So, I guess my favourite form of shopping is for games and books. I don't do CDs unless there's something in particular that I want a hard copy of, and I usually order them off amazon anyway. I can spend a lot of time in a game or book store. The ones I go to are fairly quiet, the staff are friendly and are passionate about the games or books they're selling, and there's no stressed out mother with a pram and a screaming kid. Or changing rooms! AND THERE'S USUALLY ALWAYS A/C!!! =D

When I need to get something, or I know what it is I want, then I'll go. Although, there have been times I've found something else in search of the thing I needed/wanted, and I've picked that up instead/too.
    Last edited by Unknown Entity; 07-08-2010 at 06:08 PM.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

I like shopping.

I like going by myself a lot of the time because it's relaxing, I'm kind of a lone wolf when it comes to stuff like that. It is nice to have someone go with you though it's fun , like when going underwear shopping.

If I go shopping it's pretty much all day, I don't like being rushed or on a time limit because then it's harder for me to decide on what I want and or to decide if I really want to spend money on something I can find someplace cheaper.

I like shopping for food too! it's always fun because I like food but I always end up wanting to buy EVERYTHING.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder View Post

I like shopping for food too! it's always fun because I like food but I always end up wanting to buy EVERYTHING.
    The best kind of shopping.

Honestly, shopping with me is very easy. If I like it, and is a good price, I'll get it. I am not that picky but meh. If I had money I would go shopping for stuff like clothes and that not.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Blog Entries

I'm one of the people who has to pester the rest of you about the reward cards. I try not to upsell anything though, I just ask if you've got the card or not. I'm not going to try and sell you gummy bears or batteries or whatever the hell we're supposed to be upselling for the week/month. I also don't ask if you want to get a reward card cause...well if you don't have one, you probably don't want one. Yeah I pretty much fail at retail. On purpose.

That said, I hate shopping. I am not a browser so the things I hate shopping for the most are clothes and shoes, basically. When I go to a store I know what I'm looking for, where to find it and what the price is. I don't play the price game either, I don't really care about getting the best deal. I will wait for things to go on sale but I mean, I'm not going to go to 5 different stores to find out who's selling the product for $2 less than everyone else. That's just dumb.

Of course the part I hate most about shopping is really other shoppers so I do prefer to just buy online whenever possible.

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn