Thread: Thou Shalt Obey

I will finish the hunt Thou Shalt Obey Cheesevixen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thou Shalt Obey

Eh....does anyone feel as though they have the oddest and weirdest and most annoying parents in the universe? What are some things your parents do that annoy you. What odd things do they do that just make you sit back and think WTF ?!?!? Seriously.........lol

My dad likes to get his daughters to fight for his affection. He literally tells me what they are doing that I'm not and then tells me how I can correct this. Like yesterday I text him to tell him his granddaughter can stand up now. He texts me telling me how I never send him pictures, but my other sister does like 3-4 times a week. To correct this I am now sending him like 3 months worth of pics to shut him up.

He embarrasses me too. He buys me clothes (including underwear) and sends them to me. I am 23!! Seriously, I am old enough to pick out my clothes. It totally weirds my husband out. And to top it off he used to send me really sexually explicit jokes or pictures....dude if a guy friend did that my husband would have beat his head in....I'm guessing on the last part....

The thing that really gets me is I am a sinner because I drink, but yet he demands I keep my job at a bar blaming my husband for me wanting to quit. Dude......annoying and weird doesn't even cover it now that I think about it.....Just because he's a recovered alcoholic doesn't mean I am an alcoholic for having a beer 1-2 times a week. BLAH!!!
    "Some men just want to watch the world burn"

Imperius Rex Thou Shalt Obey Storm's Avatar

Re: Thou Shalt Obey

I get on like a house on fire with my parents, which is an unusual thing, however my mum sometimes forgets that I'm 20, and that I live away from home most of the time, and have for over 2 and a half years. She doesn't like me going places on my own, even though she knows I go around some large towns/cities solo. Also, when I go back to visit them during my uni breaks and cook myself a snack, she will sometimes tell me how to cook it, even though I cook myself full delicious meals from scratch when i'm away.

My parents have never been controlling, but have always given me guidance, which is all I could wish for from them. I have to say, they are qwirky though, as my mum is a purple-haired biker and my stepdad is a metalhead. I love having alternative parents! The main thing that has worked me up is that my mum wants me to go on an accountancy course if I cannot find a job after my course ends this June (I want to go into design). I can understand why she wants me to study it, as we have a family business, and she isn't too brilliant with computers so she would like me to give her a hand with the finance. The only issue is that I do not get along with maths, and it gets me extremely stressed when I try to figure mathematical problems out, especially when I get something wrong. There is a perfectly good reason why I have tried to avoid maths for the last 5 years!
    PSN username: Raikujaku
    A meow-ed member of PRK9

Che

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesevixen View Post
    Eh....does anyone feel as though they have the oddest and weirdest and most annoying parents in the universe? What are some things your parents do that annoy you. What odd things do they do that just make you sit back and think WTF ?!?!? Seriously.........lol

My dad likes to get his daughters to fight for his affection. He literally tells me what they are doing that I'm not and then tells me how I can correct this. Like yesterday I text him to tell him his granddaughter can stand up now. He texts me telling me how I never send him pictures, but my other sister does like 3-4 times a week. To correct this I am now sending him like 3 months worth of pics to shut him up.

He embarrasses me too. He buys me clothes (including underwear) and sends them to me. I am 23!! Seriously, I am old enough to pick out my clothes. It totally weirds my husband out. And to top it off he used to send me really sexually explicit jokes or pictures....dude if a guy friend did that my husband would have beat his head in....I'm guessing on the last part....

The thing that really gets me is I am a sinner because I drink, but yet he demands I keep my job at a bar blaming my husband for me wanting to quit. Dude......annoying and weird doesn't even cover it now that I think about it.....Just because he's a recovered alcoholic doesn't mean I am an alcoholic for having a beer 1-2 times a week. BLAH!!!
    Anyone's parents can be annoying to them, but it's all about your perception of them and their intents when they say things like that.

Is he really trying to start a fight between you and your sister, or is he just thinking out loud (in text message form) about why you don't send 500 bajillion pictures but your sister does. You and your sister are different people, obviously, and your dad knows that, but that might be his jokingly way of saying he wants to see pictures. And what's bad about that? His intent seems legit to me.

And the beer thing...he probably is just trying to make sure you don't follow his path to alcoholism, which is a respectable worry for parents, as alcoholism is a genetic disease.

My parents have never been controlling, but have always given me guidance, which is all I could wish for from them. I have to say, they are qwirky though, as my mum is a purple-haired biker and my stepdad is a metalhead. I love having alternative parents! The main thing that has worked me up is that my mum wants me to go on an accountancy course if I cannot find a job after my course ends this June (I want to go into design). I can understand why she wants me to study it, as we have a family business, and she isn't too brilliant with computers so she would like me to give her a hand with the finance. The only issue is that I do not get along with maths, and it gets me extremely stressed when I try to figure mathematical problems out, especially when I get something wrong. There is a perfectly good reason why I have tried to avoid maths for the last 5 years!
    Your mom wants you to be successful, but she's saying if you haven't found something to produce currency, you can always work at the family business whenever. It would help her out, keep you close to home, and produce money. Maybe later in life the business could be yours to take over when your parents decide to retire. But if your heart lies in design, you don't have to do all that. Just show your mom that you are capable of making money on your own somehow so she can stop worrying about where you're going to work.

As for my parents, yeah I have the same issues. "Where are you gonna live? Is that a safe place? You got your associates, are you getting your bachelors or are you just going to find a job? You can work here, I found this job for you." Yes, it is annoying but the reason they are asking that is because they care and want me to be well off. I understand their intents, which makes it less annoying to me.

Imperius Rex Thou Shalt Obey Storm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post
    Your mom wants you to be successful, but she's saying if you haven't found something to produce currency, you can always work at the family business whenever. It would help her out, keep you close to home, and produce money. Maybe later in life the business could be yours to take over when your parents decide to retire. But if your heart lies in design, you don't have to do all that. Just show your mom that you are capable of making money on your own somehow so she can stop worrying about where you're going to work.
    Yes I do know that, and I am respectful about how she is looking out for me. I've already helped out with the little bits and pieces I can, which aren't too difficult, but a big issue is that I do not trust myself to get things right. I kind of have dyselxia when it comes to numbers- things get jumbled up easily. I've almost brought myself to tears adding up till reciepts and getting the totals wrong. It's not something I can get away screwing up with. She does respect how I want to do design work, and she has supported me with that as I have been creative ever since I was a young child. I think she is mainly worried as it will be the first time I will be getting a full-time job, and finding one is likely to be difficult. I am going to be persistant though, and there is a new web design company that has opened up in the hometown that is interested in my work, that has said that they are likely to have a position for me in a couple of months.

Thank you for your advice. I do worry about things too much and put myself down a lot over things which I struggle with. That is probably another reason why she worries about me!
    PSN username: Raikujaku
    A meow-ed member of PRK9

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Me and my mum get along just fine. There have been times when we've argued, but it's usually over something petty, or because she was in a bad mood when she got home from work.

She... I wouldn't go as far to say that she's planning my life out for me, but she can be insistent that I have to do this and that. Her head almost blew off when I said that I want to take my gap year next year, instead of going to university. Maybe I should go next year, but I believe my reasons are fairly valid for as to why I don't want to go. I have one more year to take more A-Levels, which is completely free. After that, I'll be paying. It's either another free year with more qualifications, or a more expensive year with more (and I suppose) even better qualifications. I also want to take a month or two out to do some travelling. I won't have much time whilst studying, and I'm sure some of my friends won't either. Why doesn't she like my plan? Because I said I'm going to look for a job too. Apparently, once I get the taste of earning money, I won't want to go to uni... which isn't true. Most of it will go to funding my trip, gaming habit, and if I can still work while at uni, that'll be a huge help then.

She just... doesn't seem to get it/me sometimes. I know she just wants what's best, but I'd love to have a bit more slack and freedom to make my own mistakes.

My dad is just easy going. I didn't see him for twelve years, so I'm guessing he feels he doesn't have much say in things that happening now that me and my brother are nearing adulthood, and that he pretty much missed most of our lives so far. I mean, if me and my brother row infront of him, he just laughs - mum would tell us off, and find a way to punish us (usually extra chores, but she's gone to taking our consoles away... which isn't exactly fair because I bought my console...). Half the time, I don't even think he listens, which is frustrating. He almost looks somewhere other than you when you're talking, and just nods, and 'agrees' or 'disagrees' where he deems necessary (the later hasn't happened yet).

He's also a slippery little bugger. Getting out of things constantly. He was supposed to be visiting this evening, but we haven't heard from him. =/

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

the psycho in me wants pie!!! Thou Shalt Obey kurohime's Avatar

My dad has very serious issues. Sometimes i think that he is not from planet earth. Scares the crap out of me. if you lived with him for 15 years you would be scarred for life.
    The cake is a lie!!!!!

Death Before Dishonor Thou Shalt Obey Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My mom never really does anything to annoy me. She is cool and layed back like myself. Except for when I got my first girlfriend, but I guess that is one of those things. Mother never wanna see there kids grow up.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Blog Entries

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post
    Anyone's parents can be annoying to them, but it's all about your perception of them and their intents when they say things like that.

Is he really trying to start a fight between you and your sister, or is he just thinking out loud (in text message form) about why you don't send 500 bajillion pictures but your sister does. You and your sister are different people, obviously, and your dad knows that, but that might be his jokingly way of saying he wants to see pictures. And what's bad about that? His intent seems legit to me.
    Yeah, I understand that completely. Just would LOVE to have one conversation where I don't have to hear about my sisters. Being the youngest has it's ups and downs. It's legitimate totally; just annoying. That's why it's not the "I hate my parents" thread. I LOVE my mom & dad....just venting :-).

And the beer thing...he probably is just trying to make sure you don't follow his path to alcoholism, which is a respectable worry for parents, as alcoholism is a genetic disease.
    He's going on his 15th year. I am very proud of him. <3

forever alone in hell Thou Shalt Obey final fantacy_tifa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i never had a dad but i hate my mom n i know wut ur talking about n she sacres me alot

**1 tequila,2 tequila,3 tequila,floor**

time your wasting just your do to better anything have you don't this reading you r why <-- read backwards,

DO NOT HURT MY PET LEMON lemons have feelings to you know !!

The Bad Boy of TFF Thou Shalt Obey Block's Avatar

I need to get drunk if I'm going to talk about my family. Unfortunately I don't have any booze... Maybe another time.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Ahh, parents, I get on great with mine these days.
    Had to pay $200 rent a fortnight once I turned 16 which went on for a while (16 being the age they can kick a kid out here, or at least that's what I was told) with a ton of threats from my mother if I did anything she disliked in the slightest (my dad was always pretty cool, but he hasn't been the one wearing the pants in as long as I remember). These days things have improved for me, as my dad can't get that good a job due to wear and tear of his body meaning I'm putting in a good part of the weekly family budget which works out for me as it's still cheaper then renting (so long as you consider the additional costs on top of the weekly rent price) and in an area I'm well set up in. These days they actually need to show me due respect as they need the bread, and I find myself thinking about what they'll do when I get my full license and move out somewhere...

As bad as that might sound, I do care for them and I think they do about me, but circumstances haven't exacted resulted in a lot of respect from me. I'd be likely to start laughing if either of them asked something of me I didn't deem a reasonable request.
    victoria aut mors

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Block View Post
    I need to get drunk if I'm going to talk about my family. Unfortunately I don't have any booze... Maybe another time.

LMAO !!
    I hear ya on that one.