Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Third Annual Quistis Ball

The Quiet One Third Annual Quistis Ball Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Third Annual Quistis Ball

Hey everyone! Those that have been here since last year know a little about what the Quistis Ball is. For those that joined the forums this year may not so I'll explain the details. The Quistis Ball is something that I started up three years ago now. It is a revival of the TFF Ball we used to have quite some time ago. The event itself is a roleplaying event in a casual setting that is open to everyone to come have fun playing out their TFF persona. So you'll be roleplaying yourself on TFF.

The Quistis Ball despite the irony of being a FF name is not name such because we're TFF. It is named after a veteran member, Quistis, who does show up from time to time. It is named in her honor for the years of devotion she has given to the forum in general as well as her own enjoyment for roleplaying.

The reason I run the event is to encourage others who may not have experience roleplaying and feel uneasy about it to try it out in a light worry free environment. It is a simple taste of what it can be like. It also reminds people that you can do other things than just an epic story for a RP. You can do events, weddings, parties, sleepovers, anything. Maybe you'll enjoy it and come for more. If nothing else it is a fun time to have at the end of the year.

I'm doing something new this year though. For those following the RP Forums will note that I've done some work on them to try to revive them. Reviving the forums is a continuing effort on my part. Anyway, we now have a Casual RP Forum on top of the original RP (now titled Structured). The difference is the amount of the rules. The Casual RP Forum pretty much has no rules on roleplaying styles or lengths. So you can do whatever you want.

I'm considering holding the event there this year. To open it up to people that might feel uneasy about the longer posts that we make there. Some feedback from those attending would be greatly appreciated. Would you prefer it in the Structured RP Forums, where it would be like it has been the past two years or in the new Casual RP Forums where there are nearly no rules? Please me know and I'll go with the majority. But remember that just because it may be in the Casual RP forums doesn't mean you can't post long, but there are no limits on how you can posts. So it can be as short or long as you like.

The next thing that I'd like to ask is if those attending have a choice of venue this year? I've pick the scene the last two times. I have no problem doing so again, but I wanted to see if someone else had a place that they would like to have the Ball take place in.

With that, there is only one last thing you need to do. Find a date! Or go stag, however you wish. It is a Ball or dance. So you need someone to go with you! So start figuring out who you'll be going with.

It is unlikely that I'll be running the awards during the Ball. I really didn't like the way it turned out last year, on my side not yours. I just dragged it on too long. I considered running it again and only making it a post or two, but then that would be really awkward. So unless Ocean is really set on doing it there I'll fore go it and it'll just be like the first year a normal Ball. Well a Final Fantasy themed Ball, but still.

Hope to see you there! I'll be starting the event around the middle to end of next week depending on my availability.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Re: Third Annual Quistis Ball

Sounds like a good idea to run it in the casual RP section of the forum now that we have one. Hopefully it will draw some attention back to that area of the forum.

As for a location hmmmmm..... some where unique. If we are going to keep it FF related hmmm... How about a location like the ancient castle in FFVI?

As for me; I will be in attendance this year again. Not sure on a date yet.

Any takers for TFFs newest available bachelor?
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Death Before Dishonor Third Annual Quistis Ball Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Like Meier I feel that the casual RP section would be appropriate for this.

As for a date I am unsure. Currently awaiting a response from a certain lady.

Location hmm... Get back to you on this.

Edit: The person I was gonna go with has a date. So who would like to accompany this strapping young marine to the ball. If it sweetens the pot I put out on the first date.
    Last edited by Josh_R; 12-16-2010 at 08:25 PM.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Meier Link View Post
    Any takers for TFFs newest available bachelor?
    ooh me ooh me pick me pick me!

Necesito una fecha. (that's right, female context so all you manhunks need not apply)

If we can't find a date Link we could always go with last year's plan and just make it a party with the kegs again
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Gingersnap Third Annual Quistis Ball OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was wondering if you'd do this again. And yeah, no need to have it with the awards this year. It's all good.

I'll make an appearance with or without a date.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Casual RP section would suit it better, I think. I think it suits a lot of people who aren't as good as writing, and it might encourage people to join in because they're not restricted by rules.

How about we hold the event at Balam Garden? That place is huge, and it'll be funny to see what everyone gets up to around the premises.

Don Corneo's mansion would be a laugh too.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Bananarama Third Annual Quistis Ball Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm down, perhaps with a date perhaps not. Perhaps I'll have my arm around a certain redhead

Alls I know is that CPC8 will make an appearance

AAAAAAAND I'm voting casual. I'll still put in an effort.

As for a location. How's about something tropical?
    Last edited by Pete; 12-16-2010 at 04:45 PM.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Est Sularus Et Mithas! Third Annual Quistis Ball Selquist's Avatar

Sounds like fun.

Since I've never done a RP before, I'd have cast a vote for the casual RP section. That way, this little nooblet can get a feel for it without feeling too awkward. >.>
    Cpl, USMC

Currently Playing:
    Final Fantasy I
    Darksiders
    Fallout: New Vegas
    Magna Carta 2
    Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Recently Beaten:
    Dead Space
    Alan Wake
    Uncharted 2

The British Guy. Third Annual Quistis Ball Robbo's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This sounds like fun.

I'm kind of a n00b to this so i'll just say a location haha.

Alexandrian castle from IX just like the whole grounds.
    CPC8... Makin' it happen

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin
    Ruin says
    someone fart in my eye
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder
    Melibooyah says:
    Uggh bbl everyone is blowing me uo and I have to do my homework -_-
    Typo's change everything ^

Blog Entries

It is looking like I'll be hosting the ball in the Casual RP Forum from the trend we have so far. Please keep responding about your opinion on which forum it should be in though. I'm not going to cut it off until I actually post it. So don't feel it has been decided already. I'm glad to see that the thought of it being in the Casual RP has more people interested. It is what I hoped for. I don't want people to feel unable to join because they are worried about the writing. It's just about having fun. So I try to keep it a pretty stress free environment.

I'm liking the ideas of locations. Just to keep in mind though, it doesn't have to be a place from a FF game. The Ball will still be FF themed, like the last two years where they took places in Ball rooms. So don't feel you have to limit yourself. But I do think playing in the Balamb Garden Ballroom would be a lot of fun.

Hmm. I like Entity's ideas for locations :3 I feel like Alexandria castle would be a good place too because of all the different areas, particularly the Play/stage area and the entrance from Fossil Roo with the trap. Maybe even Zorn and Thorn/chefs/ or knights of Pluto could replace the Stiltzkin from last year (it was stiltzkin right?). Just random thoughts.

Depending on how late this starts by next week I'm not sure If I'll be in this one but I'm going to try to at least pop my head in if not.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Selquist View Post
    Sounds like fun.

Since I've never done a RP before, I'd have cast a vote for the casual RP section. That way, this little nooblet can get a feel for it without feeling too awkward. >.>
    This goes to Squall also.

Well you lucked out because the ball is very lax when it comes to RPing, for me it is the only RP I participate in yearly even though I want to do more.

All in all it is for fun and a few good laughs. Imagination is key.

Perhaps I'll have my arm around a certain redhead
    If I have said it once I have said it 1000 times, I am not wearing a ginger wig no matter how many times you ask.

ooh me ooh me pick me pick me!
    So my son wants to be my date to the ball. Interesting.....

United, we move as one

My awards:

I do what you can't. Third Annual Quistis Ball Sasquatch's Avatar

I've never done any RPing, though I've seen a very small amount, years ago. So depending on when it is, I might drop by for a little while. For one, I'd like to get my feet wet in RPing, though I doubt I'd want to pursue it any more than that. And for two, it'd be interesting to have more "interaction" (term used loosely) with other members here more than I get by regular posting.

Sig courtesy of Plastik Assassin.

Greater love hath no man than this; that he lay down his life for his friends.
    John 15:13

Registered User Third Annual Quistis Ball

I'll definitely participate in the Quistis Ball this year. Last year was pretty enjoyable, and now that I have a bit of a feel for RPing, I hope that I'll have even more fun with it this year. I gots me a date too!

I'll go ahead and cast my vote that we hold the Ball in the casual RP forum as well, and as for a location... Hmm... Idk. I'm up for any place really!
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Resident Saint Seiya fanboy Third Annual Quistis Ball Leon's Avatar
    Anywhere I want to live. Wonderful, is it not?
    Blog Entries

In other words, it'll be RPing where we can do whatever we want (that's appropriate, of course). Count me in, hopefully I'll be available next week. Just don't expect me at Christmas Eve, especially at night.

A date? Sure. Um, I keep seeing more dudes than girls so far in this website. And I'm scared to just ask anybody out, since I'm a newbie and all. So, if anyone's available....just know that I'm available too. Oh, right. Sorry guys, but I prefer girls over men. Just an FYI.

I've been writing since '06, and have finally gotten the hang of long posts. It takes me forever to write one, though, so I'll stick with small ones.

Location? I like the FFIX idea, and perhaps the Calm Lands from FFX. It's so huge, and it's perfect for an outdoors ball....if it wasn't for those creepy Malboros. That's all the locations I can think off, FF and non-FF related alike.

Okay, so I covered availability, pointed out single life, writing style, and location. Oh, right. Since I'm new, I also vote for the casual RP forum.
    Please read the poetry from two great friends of mine. May they find peace.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    ~St. Augustine

Death Before Dishonor Third Annual Quistis Ball Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Location? I like the FFIX idea, and perhaps the Calm Lands from FFX. It's so huge, and it's perfect for an outdoors ball....if it wasn't for those creepy Malboros. That's all the locations I can think off, FF and non-FF related alike.
    I like the idea of the calm lands. No need to worry about the Marlboros we will have a hammered Pete, Meier, and probably Rocky. They wouldn't dare f*ck with a drunk CPC8 crew haha.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Josh_R View Post
    I like the idea of the calm lands. No need to worry about the Marlboros we will have a hammered Pete, Meier, and probably Rocky. They wouldn't dare f*ck with a drunk CPC8 crew haha.
    Then my vote's on he Calm Lands.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    ~St. Augustine

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Meier Link View Post
    If I have said it once I have said it 1000 times, I am not wearing a ginger wig no matter how many times you ask.
    Possibly one of the funniest things i have read this year. You are forgiven for participating in that numbers game on fb.

Ammah Hater
    CPC8... Makin' it happen

Ruin says
    someone fart in my eye
    Melibooyah says:

Bananarama Third Annual Quistis Ball Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Damnit Meier, once again you just crapped all over my heart.

Going with the blowup doll, with "Ally" written on the forehead... for now.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) Third Annual Quistis Ball che's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm going with Alisyn! Mwuahaha. Be jealous.

of her.

Est Sularus Et Mithas! Third Annual Quistis Ball Selquist's Avatar

Hmm, I think I like the Calm Lands or Balamb Garden. I'm probably hedging closer to Calm Lands though. >.>
    Cpl, USMC

Currently Playing:
    Final Fantasy I
    Darksiders
    Fallout: New Vegas
    Magna Carta 2
    Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Recently Beaten:
    Dead Space
    Alan Wake
    Uncharted 2

Blog Entries

No need to worry about the Marlboros we will have a hammered Pete, Meier, and probably Rocky. They wouldn't dare f*ck with a drunk CPC8 crew haha.
    You say this but correct me if im wrong, Four Loko is banned or something thats going to slow down the process a lot.
    CPC8... Makin' it happen

Ruin says
    someone fart in my eye
    Melibooyah says:

Registered User Third Annual Quistis Ball HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hey could I join in the Quistis Ball?

I'm only on every once in awhile but I'd love to attend.

For location, I think we should have the Ball in the city of Treno.(FFIX) Treno is so very full of nobels and would be the perfect place to throw a ball.

Blog Entries

If the ball takes place at sunset, bring a coat! If it takes place during the day, bring plenty of sunscreen! If it takes place at the Calm Lands, you'll probably get too much sunlight.

Hm, will there be food? Better hire Quina as a chef.

~St. Augustine

I do what you can't. Third Annual Quistis Ball Sasquatch's Avatar

I typically carry an M4 with an EOTech and about 200 rounds, with an M203 with day/night IR laser and at least twelve HE or HEDP rounds. Not to mention the twelve M112s and six M21s I carry.

I don't think we'll need to worry about security.

Sig courtesy of Plastik Assassin.

Greater love hath no man than this; that he lay down his life for his friends.
    John 15:13

Quote Originally Posted by H.U.N.K View Post
    Hey could I join in the Quistis Ball?
    Your in CPC8, is there a reason to ask? We do what we want.... Kidding!!!

The ball is open for all to attend. Activity though is nice if you plan on attending because it helps move things along.

Sorry for jumping the gun on this one Andro. Correct me if I am wrong.

United, we move as one

My awards:

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Third Annual Quistis Ball Polk's Avatar

Just curious: When we refer to the Calm lands, are we talking the "Hey this place is pretty cool this is where the game opens up some sidequests I'm probably gonna spend a bunch of time here huh" Calm Lands from FFX, or the "Jesus why is this place a casino now why do they have to ruin the things I loved about the first game **** you Clasko I don't wanna catch stupid chocobos for you" Calm Lands from X-2?
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Polk View Post
    Just curious: When we refer to the Calm lands, are we talking the "Hey this place is pretty cool this is where the game opens up some sidequests I'm probably gonna spend a bunch of time here huh" Calm Lands from FFX, or the "Jesus why is this place a casino now why do they have to ruin the things I loved about the first game **** you Clasko I don't wanna catch stupid chocobos for you" Calm Lands from X-2?
    Well, I was thinking about the one in FFX when I came up with it (never played X-2). Not sure about everyone else, though.

So we've talked about security and location. I was quite serious about the food, though. Will there be any?

Aside from drunkenness and possible debauchery, what else can we expect from this ball?

~St. Augustine

Blog Entries

Needs are met by those that want it to exist. I'll set up the scene, but there is not really going to be a restriction on what you do after that. Food is something that is always going to be, but even if I hadn't planned it you can just as easily say there is food and now there is.

And yes, Meier you're correct, this is open to everyone. You don't have to worry about asking to join. The invitation is to everyone regardless of how new or infrequent of a member you are.

And yeah I wouldn't have the Calm Lands any other way, but the way they were in FFX if we used it.

Blog Entries

Sweet! I guess food was a no-brainer all along, eh?

Great! I don't think there's more I can suggest. I can't wait for it!

~St. Augustine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast