Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Things you wish you could like, but just don't.

Registered User Things you wish you could like, but just don't. fierytempest's Avatar

Things you wish you could like, but just don't.

I was browsing the anime forum, and realized that the only anime I have ever watched and liked (besides Pokemanz when I was a kid) is Sailor Moon. I've tried for the last 6 or 7 years to get into anime, but I just can't. I really don't like it. I do like some mangas, but when I try to watch the anime version, I just can't stay interested.

Another thing that comes to mind for me is Shadow of the Colossus. Almost everyone I know who has played that game loves it, and thinks I'm insane for not liking it. I found it to be very quiet and very boring.

What are some things that you wish you liked and have tried to like, but just can't for whatever reason?

Lover I don't play to win, but for the thrill until I'm spent.

I'm DYING to see you! Things you wish you could like, but just don't. ViviMasterMage's Avatar

Re: Things you wish you could like, but just don't.

I've really tried to like some music that people have given me like Avenged Sevenfold but I just can't get into that at all. I don't really know why.

I like to find music by myself and not music people have suggested to me. That way, I know I like the music and I'm not just fooling myself. I know, I'm weird.

I've also really tried to like Final Fantasy XII's gameplay but obviously to no avail.

My things:

My TFF Family!:
    My very hyper moogle loving cousin Meigumi!
    My grammar obsessive twin AWESOME brother Fate!
    My powerful, dangerous, short tempered younger brother Alther!
    My badassly cool chaos-loving lord who adores big swords and uber spells, Elyon Demidias
    My awesomely cool big brother xXCloudXx
    "The Bestest Buddy" xTidus (Aka Casey)
    My Okami-playing, Sephiroth-fangirl American cousin Dodie16
    My brother and stealthy swordsman of poetic power genome's blade
    My brother from another mother Gilgameshed_Up

My Fatey!:

Quote Originally Posted by Meigumi
    ....... I was reaaally hoping you'd say something else, but whatever! HEY, EVERYONE! WE'RE HAVING A CONVERSATION! 8D
    Fate's beautiful haiku:
    Lost in reverie
    Memories drifting through me
    So calm like the sea

the night man cometh Things you wish you could like, but just don't. Joxsjua's Avatar

I wish I could like cilantro, it tastes like soap to me and permeates everything it touches.

I wish I could eat raw tomato. I love everything that is created from it. Every time I try eating it like an apple or sliced it freaks me out(that's what she said.)

I feel ya on the Shadow of Colossus, never could get into it. Heard there was a live action movie coming out though so I'm sure it will be awesome since I don't have expectations for it other than big cgi monsters and a dude climbing then wailing on them.

Registered Uber Things you wish you could like, but just don't. Hobaginator's Avatar

Going to inner-city events, clubs, packed bars, and generally anywhere with an average human personal space of less than 3 feet. I've adapted to the rural countryside and woodlands of my 22 acre yard and the surrounding areas very well. I find the city to be an unenjoyable environment.
    OG RPer of TFF forseriously

~~Jet Pack Soldiers: Never forget those who failed~~

Proudly wearing my ban rating since 1/1/12.

I'm just here to pad my post count.

Registered User Things you wish you could like, but just don't. fierytempest's Avatar

I'm actually the same way!

I want to like concerts so badly, and be able to see bands/artists I love. But I just don't.

Registered Uber Things you wish you could like, but just don't. Hobaginator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fierytempest View Post
    I'm actually the same way!

I want to like concerts so badly, and be able to see bands/artists I love. But I just don't.
    Yup, I know exactly what you mean. People elbowing you in the kidneys, screaming in your ears and spilling beer on your shoes... yeah, not very fun.
    OG RPer of TFF forseriously

~~Jet Pack Soldiers: Never forget those who failed~~

Proudly wearing my ban rating since 1/1/12.

I'm just here to pad my post count.

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! Things you wish you could like, but just don't. Tallulah's Avatar

I really wish I could like Final Fantasy XIII. A friend of mine was really into it; he got pretty much all the achievements, but I just can't get into it, no matter how hard I try. Sorry, guys.

I'm trying to learn to like wine. So far, the only types I like are Cava (a fizzy, medium/sweet cheap wine that is sometimes substituted for champagne), rosé and Chianti. Not really my thing otherwise.

Another big thing amongst my friends is the newest nightclub in the area, called Home. I have been twice, and find the staff stuck-up, and the place itself to be all style, no substance. Plus, the DJs there are mediocre at best. It's only any good if you are drunk, or otherwise occupied.

Also, the TV show Extras. I liked Ricky Gervais' stand-up, but everyone was gushing about Extras when it was on TV, and I found it the most unfunny crap ever; I thought there was something wrong with me. :/
    "...For the stronger we our houses do build,
    The less chance we have of being killed." ~ William Topaz McGonagall (1830-1902)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post

I'm trying to learn to like wine. So far, the only types I like are Cava (a fizzy, medium/sweet cheap wine that is sometimes substituted for champagne), rosé and Chianti. Not really my thing otherwise.

I used to hate wine, and now it's the only alcohol I'll drink! Whites are pretty good, as they're generally a bit sweeter and lighter. Or, you can take red/rose and mix it with some Sprite. That makes it more of a Sangria, but you get used to the taste as well.

Blog Entries

I don't much like being around a lot of people either, or even a medium-sized group of people. I like small groups, of people I know. Wish I could enjoy bigger crowds, and wish I liked meeting new people better. It would make life much easier.

Sometimes I wish I cared about Street Fighter 4 and all its incarnations; my friends still play them frequently, and I sit there and am like "..." (although apparently I'm good when I'm drunk. *shrug*) Wish I liked all the games I've bought but barely played more, so they wouldn't go to waste, or I trade them in for far less than their original price to get some other game I probably won't play either. Latest on that list: Final Fantasy XIII-2 (and considering my feelings on XIII, that was probably a silly purchase...) Also, Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 and Blade Kitten, although those were 5 dollars each, so...

Sometimes I wish I could appreciate more artsy books and movies, so I could feel more "intellectual" or something. Then I decide that sounds snobbish and I don't care. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

I invented Go-Gurt. Things you wish you could like, but just don't. Clint's Avatar

I really wanted to like Tarah from my production crew, but she's such a bitch that I just can't. I swear, every single time I try to get her to do something that she's supposed to be doing, she gives me attitude. I keep telling her that I'm her boss and she needs to do what I say, but she never listens.

I also really wanted to like the movie Titanic. I think Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet are fantastic actors, and the story of the Titanic is compelling enough to keep my interest, but it was just a cheesy love story, and so goddamn predictable. I predicted from the start of the movie that Jack was going to freeze to death, and I was right. I was hoping that James Cameron would surprise everybody by letting both main characters survive, but once again, Cameron promises to disappoint. Overall, it's a horrible movie. If you have the capability of turning an actual event into something completely unbelievable, then you know you've failed as a director.

Queen Things you wish you could like, but just don't. Crescent's Avatar

I wish I could like not caring. I don't feel like I'm being true to myself when people tell me I shouldn't care about certain things. People make it look so easy. I care because I want to.

I wish I could LOVE The Dark Knight Rises but I only like it. Fell so flat compared to the other two..Im glad that other ppl got more out of it than I did.

I wish I could like alcohol but I just hate that crap.

I wish I could like music festivals/concerts but I don't either. Twice I feigned sickness just so I could go home and play video games.

I wish I could like people but they're just so fkn two-faced and volatile.

I wish I could like the fact that Tifa, Vincent, Sephiroth, Vergil, Batman and The Joker aren't real cause this reality sucksXD

Hewerya love...? Things you wish you could like, but just don't. seanb's Avatar

I wish I could like my girlfriend

Registered User Things you wish you could like, but just don't. Squall's Avatar

Seafood. Aside from Shrimp, there isn't any seafood I really enjoy. Being my entire family eats seafood and I don't is pretty awkward at times and I've tried them but they just don't do it for me.

Signature courtesy of Elise
    My TFF Family:

My brother from down under: The_Dream_Recluse
    The coolest sister I could ask for: Chocobo_Lover17
    My nameless hero of a brother: Hero without a Name
    My Gunblade Wielding sister: R.Kyra
    My Brother, The Legendary Bad-Ass Ninja-Samurai War God Soul Reaper: Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima
    My supernatural obesssing sister: LadyWinchester
    My wonderful sister: eternity
    My brother and FFVIII loving Adopter: Robbo
    My one-of-a-kind sister: Bailax
    My awesome sister: angelmarie190515

TFF's Token Imp Things you wish you could like, but just don't. Martin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wish I could like Brian May's now grey hair, but it just makes me sad. I've come to realise that it's never going to be the lustrous black mane it once was and it's always going to be a big mass of grey fluff.

I wish I could like Tales of Vesperia more. I love the characters, the often-disjointed story (because I have to actually engage my brain to follow it) and I love the open landscape. I can't stand the gameplay though and I'm struggling to play it more than an hour at a time.
    Spoiler:

Care to have a look at my WordPress Journal?

the night man cometh Things you wish you could like, but just don't. Joxsjua's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crescent View Post
    I wish I could like the fact that Tifa, Vincent, Sephiroth, Vergil, Batman and The Joker aren't real cause this reality sucksXD
    If you're bringing Mr. Wayne and Joker into the scene I demand to have Harley Quinn strut her stuff as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Joxsjua View Post
    If you're bringing Mr. Wayne and Joker into the scene I demand to have Harley Quinn strut her stuff as well.
    Haha Sorry! I love Harley but not this time cause The Joker's MINE

I'm DYING to see you! Things you wish you could like, but just don't. ViviMasterMage's Avatar

Mr J, do you want to rev up your "Crescent" doesn't have the same ring to it. xD

I agree in some aspects with the Dark Knight Rises. THAT STUPID Christian Bale voice of Batman. Seriously, everyone knows who he is and he still does the voice. I actually laughed at one scene so much I had to find it on YouTube after the movie to laugh at it again. Don't worry, there's no video and no spoilers if I post it.

I love the comment: "YRR WRROODNT GRRVE IT TRO AN URDINARY SHITAZEN!!"

Back to the post, I also feel like I should like candy/sweets a lot more but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy any.

My things:

My TFF Family!:
    My very hyper moogle loving cousin Meigumi!
    My grammar obsessive twin AWESOME brother Fate!
    My powerful, dangerous, short tempered younger brother Alther!
    My badassly cool chaos-loving lord who adores big swords and uber spells, Elyon Demidias
    My awesomely cool big brother xXCloudXx
    "The Bestest Buddy" xTidus (Aka Casey)
    My Okami-playing, Sephiroth-fangirl American cousin Dodie16
    My brother and stealthy swordsman of poetic power genome's blade
    My brother from another mother Gilgameshed_Up

My Fatey!:

Quote Originally Posted by Meigumi
    ....... I was reaaally hoping you'd say something else, but whatever! HEY, EVERYONE! WE'RE HAVING A CONVERSATION! 8D
    Fate's beautiful haiku:
    Lost in reverie
    Memories drifting through me
    So calm like the sea

Quote Originally Posted by ViviMasterMage View Post
    Mr J, do you want to rev up your "Crescent" doesn't have the same ring to it. xD

I also wish I could like waking up early but who the fk does?

I used to tho

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Things you wish you could like, but just don't. Xanatos's Avatar

I couldn't get into certain games everyone seems to love, such as Final Fantasy IV and Skyrim. Same goes for certain movies, the entire Godfather trilogy was one big meh to me, I rarely do admit that as I get a lot of hate for it.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

TFF's Resident Messenger Things you wish you could like, but just don't. Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Squall View Post
    Seafood. Aside from Shrimp, there isn't any seafood I really enjoy. Being my entire family eats seafood and I don't is pretty awkward at times and I've tried them but they just don't do it for me.
    I am the same way with white rice. It is served at every lunch and dinner in our family, but I can't stand it. If it's plain, I won't eat it unless I am guilted into it ("Oh Michael, you're so skinny, you should eat more.")

Quote Originally Posted by Crescent View Post
    I also wish I could like waking up early but who the fk does?
    Me. I love waking up before my alarm clock. I feel good setting it to OFF when I wake up. And even if I don't have to wake up early, I still do. I haven't slept later 9 am in months.

I wish I could like a lot of green vegetables. I think spinach, asparagus, brussel sprouts, and green beans taste nasty. I am fine with celery and lettuce though.

And there's a whole lot of television shows that I wish I could like, that way I don't feel odd when a coworker or friend is telling me about a show, and is so enthusiastic about it.
    Last edited by Michael Swayne; 07-26-2012 at 10:03 AM.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Registered User Things you wish you could like, but just don't.

I wish I liked getting out of bed more, because then maybe I wouldn't feel like such a lazy ass all the time...but it's soooo comfy! I just wanna roll myself up in the blankets and drift off into dreamland. Ah~ Pure bliss...unless I have nightmares.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Ayyye Things you wish you could like, but just don't. Lacquer Head's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hmm...

Sobriety

Healthy Foods

Relationships

Brass/Horn instruments

Coding

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wish I could like other people more. I just have a low tolerance for stupidity, noise, smells and... Pretty much just people. I don't think I could ever get lonely.

I wish I could also enjoy football. But I obviously don't. But again, it's a people thing. If fans weren't such loud assholes and players not overpaid dumbasses, I could probably bear it a little more.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

As much as I love anime I can't seem to get into Mecha outside of Evangelion and Gunbuster (TTGL didn't appeal to me either), I've tried so many times to enjoy the Gundam Franchise but I always just get sick of it. I figure I just wasn't interested in anything like that but I love stuff like Ghost in the Shell and Patlabor.

Quote Originally Posted by Angantyr View Post
    As much as I love anime I can't seem to get into Mecha outside of Evangelion and Gunbuster (TTGL didn't appeal to me either), I've tried so many times to enjoy the Gundam Franchise but I always just get sick of it. I figure I just wasn't interested in anything like that but I love stuff like Ghost in the Shell and Patlabor.
    Agreed, Eva was the indisputed king of mechas. There was Voltron back in the 80s but that was more for when we were kids watching American shows. You should check out Raxephon, it kinda reminds me of Evangelion but instead of the whole adam and eve thing it's focuses on the world being suffused with sound.

All is One.One is All. Things you wish you could like, but just don't. Firefly's Avatar

I wish I could like salads. I know,I know,"who DOESN'T like salads?!",but I just don't like them. Believe me,I have tried to eat a salad(obviously with ranch) and I end up just taking a bite,forcing myself to swallow it,and then giving the rest to my Mom.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

I will finish the hunt Things you wish you could like, but just don't. Cheesevixen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wish I could like war movies, M.A.S.H, Aion, and hugging.

I tried to get into M.A.S.H. because the show is such a cultural icon where I'm from, but I seriously can't get into it. I end up watching Hazel or Three's Company when the black and whites come on. I

Wish I liked war movies, but they just bore me. I can't help it.

I tried to get into Aion, but it made me miss W.o.W. so much I just couldn't do it without knowing I would be reactivating my W.o.W. account in a few short weeks. I can't afford to do that right now.

Hugging.....well I just don't like being touched. Not my thing. I wish I did because that's how girls usually greet eachother, but again I think it's dumb and I don't like the feel of anyone putting their hands on me.
    "Some men just want to watch the world burn"

Gingersnap Things you wish you could like, but just don't. OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I, too, wish that I liked going to concerts and festivals. I've had fun at them, but it can be difficult for me. I'm only 5'0", so it can be kind of awful standing in the middle of a crowd of average sized sweaty people flinging their elbows. Every now and then I get out to something like that, but it definitely takes a lot of out me. It would be better if I had gadget legs.

I wish I liked the song "Call Me Maybe" because it's everywhere. I don't hate it, but I don't really get it (its popularity, that is).
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

G'day Things you wish you could like, but just don't. NikkiLinkle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wish I liked going to work, but I don't. Yeah it gives me routine and money, but hell it's boring.

I really, really WISH I liked playing games. But it appears I no longer have an interest :'( I'm not happy about this AT all.

All evil will see the light Things you wish you could like, but just don't. Assassin's Avatar

I wish I could like watching football but it's tooo boring for me. I wish I could like going to school but getting up early is just too hard for me. I wish I could like going out with my friends. I wish I liked going for shopping but I don't. This just sucks!

Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast