Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Things That Go Bump in the Night...

Things That Go Bump in the Night...

So this thread is to just generally chat about things that creep you out <_<
    Something you just can't face... Something that stop you from sleeping in the night... Something that just scares you to be very core... MWHAHAHAHA.
    Umm yeah, and maybe recently you got scared or something... Here is where you can share! <3

You get the idea right?
    Oh and I did do a thread search thing on this. Now I did see a couple archieved ones from a couple of years ago. So I thought I'd try a new thread? This being said the threads were about fears, but this one is about what creeps you out and other stuff too. (I know... Its the same thing. Shh ;; )

So I shall start the ball rolling.

What creeps me out?
    Mmmm... okay here goes!

Children in horror movies. There is nothing creepier I tell you. Especiually when they do that laugh... Ahhh x.x I don't know why but mix kids into horror flicks and I've instantly got my head in a pillow x3.

Masks creep me out majorly. It's the fixed expression... Even when the person laughs behind it, it's the same expression. *Shudders*

And I'm terrified of snakes. <_<_<_<_<_< Such a cruel twist of irony that I was born in the year of the Snake too... *Sighs*

Following the path for truth...

and ending the dream.

I command you... Things That Go Bump in the Night... Rally's Avatar
    Creepy things that possibly keep me up? Well, there's zombies, bugs, and my window.

The thoughts of a zombie outbreak, or bugs entering like my ear or nose or eating me alive, and someone possibly watching me through my window... O_O *shiver*

Lord Deity of Harmony Things That Go Bump in the Night... Elyon Seraphim's Avatar
    Creepy thing! well... hmmm.... Ah! the things the creep me is when i go to bed... i can't sleep without an light on! Cos i think something ... Scary is out in the Moonlit night...
    My Reaction of People That Points The Obvious

This is my Daily Day in 2Fort
    My TFF Family:
    Still working on rewamping this, Just give a shout if you wanna join!

Registered User Things That Go Bump in the Night... Yesha's Avatar
    Mmm.. after.. I pLayed FataL Frame: Tormented.. I haven't compLete a sLeep for a week.. LoL! It's so scary... as if it can happen to me.. and aLso I'm scared of having nightmares.. Mmm.. and aLso thoughts of having a ghost Looking at me..
    CLICK IT! TO SEE MY STUFFS:

Quote for the month:
    “Try harder to succeed.”

What am I Loving right now?:
    YOU!

My Art Thread: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...ngs-lol-3.html

"HELLO GUYS!"

Asking all the personal questions. Things That Go Bump in the Night... RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries
    Not many things creep me out i suppose the number one thing would be Meier Link he scares the be jeebers out me he very scary.
    No seriously i could say any thought of my family being hurt or harmed etc creeps me out especially with all this child kidnappings etc i always keep a protective eye on my kids.

After watching the Grudge i couldn't sleep properly because i kept of thinking of the bit where the grudge comes up through the covers of the ladies bed and pulls her under mm very creepy any of those blasted Asian horror movies creep me out how are they so good at making good thrillers and horrors.

How can you be scared of snakes Kilala they are beautiful animals?
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't get creeped out much when it comes to sleeping. Though, before I went to bed, I scared the crap out of myself turning a light on in front of a mirror. I totally forgot about the mirror on the bed-side set of draws, so when I turned the light on, all I saw was a face staring back at me. I half screamed before remembering what time of the morning it was. >>;;

Oh, then there was that classic hide under the covers evening when I thought the chest I bought from Camden Lock was haunted. I heard a rumor about the Lock being haunted... 0_0

I'm not a fan of kids in horror films/games either, but I just can't resist playing FEAR or watching The Ring. When it's not horror films, blond and blue-eyed kids scare me. No, they really do! I get this tingle on my spine when I see one laugh. XD

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

I pretty much cant' stand bugs of any kind. Roaches and spiders especially, they freak me out.

More than once I've had a somewhat hallucination that a spider was slowly falling towards me, when I'm seconds away from falling asleep but my eyes are still slightly open, causing me to jolt awake and jump out of bed, my heart beating like mad.

I really, really hate bugs....

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! Things That Go Bump in the Night... Tallulah's Avatar
    One time I was watching Haloween when I was alone in the house, and I heard a cat meowing really loud. It fair made me jump!

Quote Originally Posted by dragoon View Post
    How can you be scared of snakes Kilala they are beautiful animals?
    I think it's because I know so little about them. The way they move... and how they can get just about anywhere. Funnily enough I can watch the Anaconda movies okay though xD.

To stay on topic...

Creaky floor boards can creep me out. Especially after maybe having a horror movie fest... I let my imagination go wild and end up freaking myself out more than the film did.

Glowing eyes in movies. That always makes me shiver O_O

Oh and something that really freaks me out... Like when for a moment you lose a sense. Like when you're about to faint and you can't hear anything... and your sight goes. That terrifies me... the thought of losing one of my senses...

Following the path for truth...

and ending the dream.

Blog Entries
    A big thing that creeps me out is all the kids who think they are vampires after twilight. I mean seriously? Come on now...

Nah, all seriousness aside, as far as things that creep me out... Where I live, there's always a fair amount of deer that like to run in the streets and my mom hit one with her car when I was younger, so that has always made me wary of things on the sides of the streets, and I guess movement that I am unaware of from my periphiral vision that I see, that makes me restless at times.

Back when I was younger and it was my first time playing through Star Fox64, Andross's giant face scared me so much I screamed, true story. Also, after figuring out the true intentions of killing Gygias in Earthbound, that game is kinda creepy as well.

Spiders are kinda gross, and I don't really like snakes either. Also, things that are in a paranormal category, like ghosts/zombies/etc. are interesting to read up on but don't really bother me near as much.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Mirrors, I hate mirrors, yet I sleep right next to one (My closet door is 2 giant sliding mirrors). Usually after I play through any Silent Hill game, I tend to be paranoid at night when I'm trying to sleep. When I was younger I fell off a golf cart while it was going maybe 25 and scrapped my elbow (surprised I didn't break it). Since then I've never liked being a passenger on an open type vehicle (like a motorcycle, atvs). I can drive them fine but being a passenger I can not do. Other then that I can't think of anything that bothers/scares me.

I invented Go-Gurt. Things That Go Bump in the Night... Clint's Avatar
    Mannequins freak me out, and the reason for this is because when I was a kid, I had a nightmare (not really, but that's how I see it) that a mannequin came to life. It didn't exactly do anything, but the mere fact that an inanimate object could come to life scared the shit out of me, and still does to this day, even though I realize that it's completely insane. I don't mind the mannequins without heads, though, because if they come to life, they'll instantly die, because it's nearly impossible to live very long without a head. Clowns also freak me out, but I'm not terrified of them, as I am with mannequins. Perhaps if there was a mannequin dressed up like a clown... that would freak me out more than a regular mannequin. Midgets are also kind of freaky, but that's their own personal decision to become midgets, so I kind of respect that.

Air from my lungs. Things That Go Bump in the Night... Violet's Avatar
    Well, when it's night time and eveyone's going to bed, I hate when someone mentions "the witching hour". I start to dwell on it and wonder about it.. if it's actually true. I'm somewhat superstitious. I also believe in the devil and whatnot. This makes it hard for me to sleep, so when I am freaked out before bedtime, I'll put a movie on or go online till I feel tired again.

I'm also afraid of being alone in the dark, so I like having a nightlight in the room or a movie on while I fall asleep.

Warrior Ninja Things That Go Bump in the Night... Led Zeppelin's Avatar
    Something that creeps me out so much that I can't fall asleep at night is my closet O.O... I have a fear of closets ever since in horror movies that's either where the killer hides or where they stuff the dead bodies...I had to remove the door off of my closet so I can see in it at night just so I don't get to creeped and not fall asleep XD...I know it's just clothes in their but still I can't get rid of that fear....And you probably guessed that any type of horror movies scare me so I avoid watching them at all cost since I value my sleep O.O

Insanity is a girls best friend. Things That Go Bump in the Night... Fearless's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Egon Spengler View Post
    Mannequins freak me out, and the reason for this is because when I was a kid, I had a nightmare (not really, but that's how I see it) that a mannequin came to life. It didn't exactly do anything, but the mere fact that an inanimate object could come to life scared the shit out of me, and still does to this day, even though I realize that it's completely insane. I don't mind the mannequins without heads, though, because if they come to life, they'll instantly die, because it's nearly impossible to live very long without a head. Clowns also freak me out, but I'm not terrified of them, as I am with mannequins. Perhaps if there was a mannequin dressed up like a clown... that would freak me out more than a regular mannequin. Midgets are also kind of freaky, but that's their own personal decision to become midgets, so I kind of respect that.
    That reminds me of Silent Hill 3.
    I was playing once and I was looking in a storeroom at where they keep mall mannequins and examined one and it said: "Just a regular mannequin. Nothing strange about it. So why does it give me a weird feeling?" or something to that effect. I went to look on the other side of the shelves and heard a scream. I went back to where the mannequin was and the head was gone and it was covered in blood. o_O
    I seriously almost screamed. XD
    It was awsome.
    Scaring myself silly is probably one of the reasons I'm so demented today.

I don't really like spiders too much. Or any bug for that matter.
    I hear you whisper,
    Love me
    Love me

~☆~Muahahaha!!!~☆~ Things That Go Bump in the Night... SilkAngel's Avatar
    A city where the traffic is slower than a fat kid in a sandbox. -__- A REALLY fat kid. >.<
    I don't watch horror movies, because frankly, I am a wimp. Ghosts and monsters have always freaked me out, along with the thought of being kidnapped. The scariest thing for me would have to be the thought that if I died, no one would miss me. T.T
    My TFF Family! <3

Fate, my cuddly and lovable brother-in-law.

Armageddon, my awesome, evil, chaotic younger brother.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    I work all night half the time so I'm pretty much used to things that go bump in the night. Hell I think most of the things that went bump in the night at my late night shift (midnight to 5am) became somewhat scared of me.

What does creep me out though is those odd kids you see while patrolling your area at like 2 or 3 am and they don't appear to be doing anything other than hanging around and I swear half of them don't blink...
    ...bleh. Something not normal about them, possibly they raided an older family member's drug supply or something.
    victoria aut mors

Genocide Unfolds, I Forgive All Chez Daja's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
    That reminds me of Silent Hill 3.
    I was playing once and I was looking in a storeroom at where they keep mall mannequins and examined one and it said: "Just a regular mannequin. Nothing strange about it. So why does it give me a weird feeling?" or something to that effect. I went to look on the other side of the shelves and heard a scream. I went back to where the mannequin was and the head was gone and it was covered in blood. o_O
    Hahah, yeah. My brother still won't play Silent Hill 3 for that reason.

Lets see... stuff that scares me...

I don't like the dark. I had some pretty shit experiences with being in the dark when I was a kid and I guess I'm still a little sensitive about it. In any case, having my pets in my room helps me to overcome that a bit.

I don't like bugs. I'm kind of afraid of spiders and anything with eight legs/tentacles and won't sleep in the same room as them. I just don't like the amount of limbs. Way too excessive. I'm not overly afraid of any other bug, though.

Pylons and wind turbines. Call it irrational but something about these things scare me a Hell of a lot. I live on an industrial estate and if I walk out of my close and down the road, I can see a huge line of them in the distance. I hate them especially at night. I have a few wind turbines nearby as well, but I don't really notice them because they're in an awkward place. When I go to farmland areas, though, sometimes there are full fields of them and I close my eyes and wait for it to end. I think I inherited this fear from my mother.

The person in my avatar is me.

THIS SIGNATURE IS VERY DISTRACTINGS

I was the holder of the highest amount of rep that ever lived on TFF. 1788. lolz. I ween.

I feel epic... Things That Go Bump in the Night... Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.
    Hmm... as a kid I was downright terrified of the dark. I always felt that anything could be lurking in it. Of course, after a few nights of sitting in the dark and realizing it's completely nothing, I got over that, but it still creeps me out. After seeing several horror films, like Grudge and Saw, I sometimes gets dreams about them. Seriously screwed-up dreams. I always close my closet door before going to bed. And the bed if facing in a way that I'm always staring at it. I don't know if it was a childhood fear or something that the horror movies conjured up, either way, it's shut at night.

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

~☆~Muahahaha!!!~☆~ Things That Go Bump in the Night... SilkAngel's Avatar
    A city where the traffic is slower than a fat kid in a sandbox. -__- A REALLY fat kid. >.<
    Also, for some strange reason, the bathroom closet has always scared me >.> I always check it before I take a shower or anything o.o; I think it's because I saw a show when I was younger about a killer that hid himself in a bathroom closet one night while a woman was taking a shower >.<
    My TFF Family! <3

Fate, my cuddly and lovable brother-in-law.

Armageddon, my awesome, evil, chaotic younger brother.

don't put your foot in there guy SOLDIER #819's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    More than once I've had a somewhat hallucination that a spider was slowly falling towards me, when I'm seconds away from falling asleep but my eyes are still slightly open, causing me to jolt awake and jump out of bed, my heart beating like mad.
    Oh crap, that happens to me when I wake up in the middle of the night. It started with things squirming all over my pillow a while back... then a huge spider coming down at me... or something on the blinds. Then there was one time I felt something on my face. When I turned around there was a roach next to me. I really jumped out of bed then! So yeah, bugs suck. But even if I wanted to kill them I wouldn't want to think about the corpse or mess, so I remain passive with fear.

And then needles. I don't think it's even really the needle... I think it's the idea of being injected with "something." Scenes in games like RE4 or RE5 make me sick just thinking about it... uugghh.

And though not really a fear, some types of fabrics make me shiver just thinking about them. The feel is... odd. This isn't a peanut butter on the roof of your mouth sort of thing, just...
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda
    just turn off your PS3 or 360 go to your dust tomb and say you'll give birth to 1500 people a day for the 1000 that'll be killed until the doors to hades open and you can pull out ar tonelico and turn on that glorous PS2 and be bathed in its radiant warm glow

Shake it like a polaroid picture Things That Go Bump in the Night... RagnaToad's Avatar
    When I was a kid I played around with bugs all the time, being a kid who likes nature and all. But it seems that with maturity, some slight form of arachnophobia has sinked into my mind. I just hate those crawling little fukkerz. I usually pick'em up with a piece of paper and toss them out of my window. That'll teach'em, hehe.

My house is a spooky house in general. it's quite big and in 2012 it will be 100 years since it was built in its original state. Most of the creepy things like creaking stairs and the dark basement I've accommodated to since my childhood, but some of them still tend to creep me out.

I think somewhere in my mind there's this little part of me that scares the rest of me. I'm sort of creating a thriller movie with all the possible clichés in my mind, with me as the main character. I think it is a subconscious way of eliminating the fear of the dark, or the "fear of all things lurking in the dark".

I remember that M. Night Shyamalan said he started making horror type stories so that he wouldn't be afraid of them himself.

Could have been some other director though.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Master of the Shadow Key Things That Go Bump in the Night... KeybladerXIII's Avatar
    I'm creeped out if one of my windows are open when its dark. I MUST have the blinds down or I get freaked out that I'll see a face there. Games like Silent Hill or Dead Space scare me but I still play them. If anyone has played Condemned 2: Bloodshot, they'll understand what I mean when I say, "HOLY S@#$!!! A BEAR!!!" Finally, those stupid internet pranks that have a scary face that pops out at you scare my soul out. If you don't know those, look up "Scare Maze."
    "Take a chance.....roll the dice.......pick a card....whatever suits your game.....you'll lose either way...."

Organization XIII in a nutshell, in their most core personality:

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs25/f/20..._blablachn.jpg

Choo-Choo Bear Things That Go Bump in the Night... Volendral's Avatar
    Well, stuff in my apartment startle me a lot, not necessarily scare me. There are those times things, mainly books, fly across the room with no one near the launching site. Electronics turning off and on by themselves, voices, shadows...

Then there was that one time when I was about 7 or 8... um but if I tell that story you all will think I'm nuts, if you don't already.

Blog Entries
    My parents' house, at night, when I am by myself in the dark, scares me. I realize it is an unreasonable fear, but I can't stand being in a dark room in that house for long, especially in room that used to be my bedroom. In my new house, I'm fine, for the most part. My mind has a tendency to entertain the idea of being "attacked" by things you are defenseless against sometimes, however. Especially if I hear someone else talking about these things shortly before I go to sleep. Not if I see these things in horror games or something, though; then, it doesn't bother me. My own imagination has to create the image for me... I also don't like the idea of being incapacitated as I'm about to get attacked, or something. Like, someone's holding my limbs, and another person is going to do something to me...

Mostly, I don't like feeling powerless or defenseless. If I feel I could defend myself against something, I'm not worried; I can step on bugs, I can avoid snakes, and I'm pretty confident in my ability to hold my own in a fight against most people. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Genocide Unfolds, I Forgive All Chez Daja's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
    My parents' house, at night, when I am by myself in the dark, scares me.
    My mother used to be nervous in her house too. My grandfather was an RAF pilot in WW2 and he made quite a lot of money out of that so when he retired he bought a huge Victorian threey storey house. When grandpa died, my mother felt nervous in the house alone.
    I guess things in this house look intimidating in the dark. I don't like coats hanging up in the doorways because they make you jump out of your skin if they catch your eye, hahaha.

The person in my avatar is me.

THIS SIGNATURE IS VERY DISTRACTINGS

I was the holder of the highest amount of rep that ever lived on TFF. 1788. lolz. I ween.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chez Daja View Post
    I don't like coats hanging up in the doorways because they make you jump out of your skin if they catch your eye, hahaha.
    That reminds me of something; there is a door in the back of my old room that leads to a pantry. My overactive imagination thought that there was a hidden door in that pantry that lead to an evil wizard's lair, for some reason. One night, I looked over, saw a coat hanger that stood in front of the door, and let out a shriek because I thought it was the wizard, heh. I've also had a dream where Satan burst out of that door, or I'm being pulled to the door while it is surrounded by skulls and stuff... Long story short, there's a lock on that pantry door to this day, and if I sleep in there, it has to be latched, heh. Maybe I should spend the night in that pantry some night, to get past the fear... Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Angelicos Things That Go Bump in the Night... Alther Primus's Avatar
    Atop the Nexus of Creaton, awaiting my vengeance
    Zombies and ghosts can creep me out but...

Once, I saw "The Nightmare on Elm Street" and I was scared to the point of not gettin
    even 1 wink for the rest of the night... Freddy creeps me out!

My soul, corrupted by vengeance
    Hath endured torment, to find the end of the journey
    In my own salvation
    And your eternal slumber

My junk:

"Time is but a fleeting dream. I shall be awaiting in some tomorrow to avenge this day.
    -Alther Primus
    TFF FAMILY!
    Feel free to VM me about joining my TFF Family!

Ethan

Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima

Elyon Seraphim

Dodie16

Ralz

Dark Angel

Xanatos

Meigumi

SilkAngel

Genome's Blade

Fate

Nova

xXCloudXx
    My frat!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE ARTEO WARRA OKHUN LATAAR!!!

Daz 3d! Awesome!

come and get some Things That Go Bump in the Night... Darkwave's Avatar
    i am creep out by weird people because the look and act strange and it scaries you badly

At the end of the day, it comes down to one hero to save us all.

Don't bash it till you've tried it Things That Go Bump in the Night... MILK's Avatar
    The major thing that scares me and should scare the rest of u is......used crayons...when they rub against paper and squeel I just want to rip my ears off screaming

My TFF Family

My annoying, random, and video game-addicted cousin Ralz

My gunslinging, chicken obsessed younger brother H.U.N.K

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast