Thread: Subscription boxes

chocolateer Subscription boxes 01habbo's Avatar

Subscription boxes

There are loads of different ones around the internet the most popular being Loot Crate, but there are others for anime, japanese snacks, tv shows comic books etc… There are even specific ones based on shows.

My question is do any of you buy subscription boxes/ blind boxes? Why buy something where you have no idea what will be in it?

I'm thinking about buying an anime one but wanted to know first what people thought about them?

Edit: I'm so sorry, I thought I posted this is general chat ><

Hmm, I wasn't really sure where to move this. I put it here in GC only because GG should probably be limited to gaming threads only. This seems more like a mixed media topic related to gaming.

On a side note, I had no idea this existed. I looked up Loot Crate. Looks awesome! Although, I'm pretty cheap, so I probably wouldn't subscribe to a monthly box unless I had money to spare. I typically don't have too much use for fun knickknacks, since I already have too much stuff! I would rather leave it for someone who really enjoys it

BUT I do know girls who subscribe to something like this for make-up and--ya know, girly stuff. THAT is worth it to me I get to sample all kinds of stuffz!
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 07-28-2015 at 08:21 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Gingersnap Subscription boxes OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeeeesssss more threads for my foruuuuummmmm

I subscribed to a No More Dirty Looks (it's a natural beauty blog) Quarterly box for a while, but then didn't re-up because I was trying to save money. But it was pretty cool, and I discovered some neat products that way.

And sometimes for Christmas, the hospital administration would enroll my dad in the Fruit of the Month Club, which was hilarious. Like they literally just send a box of grapefruit to your door. And it was ONLY citrus. Nothing else. Why?
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Blog Entries
    There's a few meal preparation box deals out there, where they send you the ingredients and the recipe for a new meal or dish every month. I subscribed to one of those for a while then decided nobody liked trying new foods with me so it was a waste. :/ Some of them can be really neat. I've looked at one of the beauty product ones before, and one of the ladies I work with has one with Nike for shoes. She gets a shipment each month with a new shoe type or something.

They can be neat but it's one of those things that you might want to try and budget in or make sure you have use for the stuff. Can kinda be like surprise mail presents~

Bananarama Subscription boxes Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I bought my brother 6 months of loot crate for Christmas. I don't really talk to him all that much because he's in Indiana, but he seemed to like the crap that he was getting.

I think it's pretty cool how they theme their crates, but at the same time you have no idea what kind of stuff you'll be getting. Some of the stuff is also pretty obscure, and if I had gotten some of the things, I'd be at a loss
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

#LOCKE4GOD Subscription boxes Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The organic produce shop in my town has a weekly vegetable box deal. Every week they put together a box of in-season vegetables. It's always $20, and is a pretty good way to eat seasonally, as well as try out vegetables you wouldn't otherwise have bought.

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. Subscription boxes noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I may subscribe to Ipsy soon. My "little sister" is friends with the girl who runs it - Michelle Phan.

It's only $10/mo. I'd also like to subscribe my bf to something cool. Any suggestions?

HRH Albha Subscription boxes Aerif's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    For a fair while I was a subscriber to Graze Box. In the beginning it appealed to me quite a lot since it was cheap for those first few weeks, and the snacks - whilst small - were normally quite tasty. It was when the price went up after the extended introductory period that I realised that, hey, I hate healthy snacks. There were so many nuts and berries and fruit ugh. I spent a ridiculous amount of time just going through the list of available snacks that they send to get rid of things that I knew I would definitely not want to receive. It really felt like a lot of effort, and totally not worth the money once the introductory offer was complete.

In saying that though, I'm older and more mature now. In theory. Maybe I'll like what they have on offer now.

At one point I also subscribed to a monthly loot box known as 'Super Loot'. The sole reason for me doing so was because I had seen Loot Crate becoming popular but wasn't particularly keen about having to pay for the silly shipping fees that, and Super Loot was UK based.

It was after my first delivery of Super Loot that I decided to cancel, as I realised that I had been tricked into believing that these boxes would have genuinely interesting and cool stuff in them. Which I suppose to some people they do, but the fact that the contents of these boxes are kept a secret before purchasing and can vary between users is sort of a double edged blade. In that box I received mostly cosplay-related items that frankly I didn't really see myself ever needing - besides which there was a lot of stuff from things I didn't even recognise. Sure the stuff seemed cool but it wasn't exactly the sort of thing I was looking for.

Banners and Stuff:

˙uɐɔ I ʍouʞ I <- uɐɔ I ssǝnƃ I¿sıɥʇ op I uɐƆ

Last signature update: 02/08/2014

chocolateer Subscription boxes 01habbo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerif View Post

It was after my first delivery of Super Loot that I decided to cancel, as I realised that I had been tricked into believing that these boxes would have genuinely interesting and cool stuff in them. Which I suppose to some people they do, but the fact that the contents of these boxes are kept a secret before purchasing and can vary between users is sort of a double edged blade. In that box I received mostly cosplay-related items that frankly I didn't really see myself ever needing - besides which there was a lot of stuff from things I didn't even recognise. Sure the stuff seemed cool but it wasn't exactly the sort of thing I was looking for.
    This is what I kinda fear if I buy one of these crates, that the stuff in them wouldn't be that good. However I have looked at some youtube videos and there are some bad ones, but also some good ones. Anime Bento for example seems to be consistently good, including figurines and japanese snacks and other stuff. I did watch someone open a final fantasy themed one but that looked just plain bad. But then again my standards are very high for final fantasy, I love official merchandise, why would I buy a blind box when I can log into the SE store and buy something I know I will like.

Also I heard Crunchyroll sometimes does a blind box of 30 anime DVDs I think that might be quite fun. I guess it's all 50/50 and the fun is in not knowing what you are going to get.

Death Before Dishonor Subscription boxes Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I thought about subscribing to Loot Crate, but was like what if they keep sending shit that I just absolutely hate. The only thing I am currently subscribed to is Five Four Club. They send clothes monthly and it is at random. You select you know colors, designs, etc that you like when you sign up. And they send similar things based off of that every month. I started using this to increase my wardrobe of professional looking clothes for my new job so far I have been pretty impressed.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Try Bokksu. With bokksu candy subscription boxes you will get snacks that people in Japan actually eat it is by far the best subscription box.