View Poll Results: How do you feel about the discovery?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm disappointed - where's the aliens?

0 0%
  • Oh, I always suspected it was human-made

7 63.64%
  • They're lying to hide the existence of aliens

4 36.36%

Thread: Stonehenge Secret Revealed!!!

Chief Inspiring Officer Stonehenge Secret Revealed!!! Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Stonehenge Secret Revealed!!!

Before dawn this morning, I watched NOVA. It appears as though the massive stones for Stonehenge were hauled on a plank set over a grooved track using ball bearings chiseled from stone: Here's some transcript from the episode:

NARRATOR: Masons may have roughly shaped the sarsens at the quarry site, using pounding stones. But they left few clues to how they moved and raised giant stones.

LEADER (Dramatization of Stonehenge masons gathering stones): One, two, three, four!

NARRATOR: So researchers have experimented.

Stone Age Britain did not have the wheel, but people may have pulled large stones over rollers made of tree trunks. Perhaps they laid timber tracks and slathered them with grease. A wooden sled with a keel would have kept the stone centered over the tracks. Raising a giant stone involved somehow tipping it into a giant hole. Lintels may have been pulled up ramps and levered into place. All these techniques are plausible. There's just no evidence they were actually used.

Now there's a new theory.

Andrew Young became obsessed with carved stone balls during graduate work at the University of Exeter. Some of these prehistoric objects are elaborately engraved, but many are unadorned.

Most have been found in northeast Scotland, an area known for its stone circles. These artifacts defy explanation.

ANDREW YOUNG (The University of Exeter): People had said they might be weapons or for throwing or, uh, possibly pounding vegetables, kinds of things that you could do with portable stone objects. Nothing that anybody had really said about them satisfied my question: "What are they for?"

NARRATOR: Young taught himself to carve replicas and pondered one strange fact. Many carved balls, engraved and plain, have exactly the same diameter.

ANDY YOUNG: Large numbers are identical in size, to the millimeter. And why would they need to be identical in size? And that just gave me that eureka moment. "Wow. If you're going to use them as a wheel you need them to be the same size."

BRUCE BRADLEY: Andy brought this theory to me. I was astounded, because it just made sense. It's just so obvious. Why didn't somebody think of this before?

NOVA | Secrets of Stonehenge
    ~I'm sorry I haven't been around very much~

The votes are in for the sketch contest. See who won the epic battle here:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...12-voting.html

Ayyye Stonehenge Secret Revealed!!! Lacquer Head's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No! It was aliens! Ancient. ****ing. Aliens.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Stonehenge Secret Revealed!!! Xanatos's Avatar
    We underestimate our ancestors and just how resourceful they actually were, with that being said there are still a lot of structures we have dificulty recreating with modern tehnology let alone in those conditions, like those statues (Moai) on Easter island and their transportation.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Boxer of the Galaxy Stonehenge Secret Revealed!!! Rowan's Avatar
    Slaves forced to work under the threat of death for disobedience. Cant get anymore productive than that. Pyramids were easily explained this way, as well as the advanced system of pulleys that were utilizes in their construction. I don't see why stone henge is such a big deal.

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) Stonehenge Secret Revealed!!! che's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    LMAO at these poll options! wp, wp

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Slaves forced to work under the threat of death for disobedience. Cant get anymore productive than that. Pyramids were easily explained this way, as well as the advanced system of pulleys that were utilizes in their construction. I don't see why stone henge is such a big deal.
    Partially true. Other then slaves, there had to be people who TRULY believed in whatever the hell they were being told in the building of that shit. Beer, slaves and believers, that's how it got built.

Hell, construction workers had troubles building the Luxor back when it was being built.

Stonehenge is just a giant clock for agriculture.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Boxer of the Galaxy Stonehenge Secret Revealed!!! Rowan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    Partially true. Other then slaves, there had to be people who TRULY believed in whatever the hell they were being told in the building of that shit. Beer, slaves and believers, that's how it got built.

Hell, construction workers had troubles building the Luxor back when it was being built.

Stonehenge is just a giant clock for agriculture.
    I retract my statement about slaves building the pyramids. Attendance logs disproved that slaves were the ones who constructed the pyramids, dont know about stone henge. I learned that from a virtual classroom in persona 4 golden. My year 8 history teacher said games are a waste of time. Mrs.Predoux, eat your heart out, bitch.

Kiss with a fist. Stonehenge Secret Revealed!!! Dranzer's Avatar
    I thought a giant just took a really big shit and it sat there for so long it turned into stone....

soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur
    happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr.
    PRK9 ♥ Prestige+ ♥ GDEAA

I invented Go-Gurt. Stonehenge Secret Revealed!!! Clint's Avatar
    Whoever build Stonehenge, they built it not just with stone balls, but with dong power! It takes big, strong men to build a structure that stands the test of time. The cave women were back in their cave kitchens cooking up prehistoric mammoth meat sandwiches for the cave men building Stonehenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Yeah, like slaves could have done that. Black people wouldn't have been able to build the pyramids! They would have build a basketball court or something instead.

The Mad God Stonehenge Secret Revealed!!! Heartless Angel's Avatar

It's not as difficult as it might seem.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Asking all the personal questions. Stonehenge Secret Revealed!!! RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries
    Like Rowan said Stonehenge is dull in comparison to the architectural geniuses of ancient Egypt and they used the same principals, logs under the slabs of stone and lots of man power pulling up gradual sloped ramps. All our modern day mechanical ingenuity was created from these ancient architects and engineers we just improved on them.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III