Thread: Starting Anew

Balaclavas on...let's go shopping!! Starting Anew nickness89's Avatar

Starting Anew

I hate to be labeled the ''conspiracy buff'' or anything like that, but basically, with the way the world is today, and how 'all of a sudden' the Earth seems to have taken a huge turn, I can't help but believe that everything that is happening really IS a huge set-up, so that the Governments (ahem, Elite of the world) can impose this One World Government upon us. It's not that I never believed in a New World Order, I was just under the impression that it would take a much longer time to impose their idea of ''society'' upon us.

Recently, a lot of people have been talking about a feeling of 'impending doom' or that they can sense something BIG is going to happen very soon, and I'm talking about people that don't watch the news, are totally under-educated and frankly are pretty numb-in-the-head. I too have been feeling this, and am wondering if other people feel the say way here on TFF? It's almost as if, and forgive me for the cheesiness of this statement, the world's population are somehow sharing their feelings, perhaps not psychically, possibly psionically. Eughh, I dunno.

Let's just say, with the sudden world events such as the OWS Movement, European Economic Crisis, the possibility of a World War should Iran be attacked etc, it feels as though these are all ways and reasons for the Governments of the world to create a world unity, and laws can be passed that will govern the entire population of the Earth.

Opinions please, and try keep it friendly, I've been really paranoid lately about a lot of things lately, and I can't stand to be ridiculed for my opinion just now

Or am I just being overly analytical?

Oh and as for the title, ''Starting Anew'' ... basically I am hoping something drastic does happen to the world, whether the entire economy collapses, or whether the Governments wipe each other out. I personally would like a clean slate on the Earth, I'm very empathetic and it's almost like Final Fantasy VII's Lifestream, I feel like I can hear the planet crying out to be relieved somehow. Either that or I just ate some bad Tofu
    Favourite Lyric For Now:

"Don't be insecure if your heart is pure,
    You're still good to me if you're a Bad Kid, baby."

Lady Gaga

MY LOVING TFF FAMILY

TFF WIFEY - angelmarie190515
    MY FF TWIN - Firefly

TFF STEP-HUSBAND-IN LAW - Gilgamesh~Enkidu

BESTEST FRIEND - Judge Magistrate
    IRISHMAN IN THE PUB JOKES - seanb
    CANADIAN FRIEND - R.Kyra
    FELLOW SCOTSMAN - Aerif
    AUSSIENESS - NikkiLinkle

Blog Entries

Re: Starting Anew

First: you can't post some far-fetched idea on the internet and expect that people will listen to you when you say to go easy on you. Maybe you should talk to a psychiatrist about paranoia, the internet is the opposite of help for that.

That being said, I highly doubt "uneducated people" are connected on some psionic wavelength apart from "educated people" and can feel something is about to happen.

I think you've played one too many Final Fantasy games. There is no epic quest to save the world that is going to happen, unless you're looking for a cure to aids or cancer.

It'd be cool if some how for one day we could live completely different life, where things weren't almost the same everyday you wake up in society. But, that's what videogames are for.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Kiss with a fist. Starting Anew Dranzer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    I think you've played one too many Final Fantasy games. There is no epic quest to save the world that is going to happen, unless you're looking for a cure to aids or cancer.

It'd be cool if some how for one day we could live completely different life, where things weren't almost the same everyday you wake up in society. But, that's what videogames are for.
    That really just deserved to be repeated, seriously.

In regards to me feeling any of these things, that would be a definite 'no'. Whenever I feel like something big is about to happen it's usually related to a call of nature in one form or another - or when I hear 'code blue' get paged overhead at work...

Ok guys, seriously

I didn't mean it to sound like a big Fable or Elder Scrolls epic quest. I meant like, by judging the things that are happening, that something, either good or bad, will happen.

Also, my choice of paranoia may have been a bad word. I didn't mean the ''everyone is suspicious'' kind of paranoia, or the ''everyone is staring at me'' kind, I meant the kind where I have a niggling feeling that the people that run the world aren't as they seem.

My word, you totally took it totally out of context

And I didn't mean ONLY uneducated people, I gave a list of types of people AS WELL AS very smart people.

EDIT: FYI, when I said to go easy on me, it was in regards to not judging me, as I asked for opinions only, not personal attacks that seem to happen to a lot of people that post on TFF, and is usually perpetrated by the usual folk
    Last edited by nickness89; 11-22-2011 at 03:20 AM.
    Favourite Lyric For Now:

Lady Gaga

MY LOVING TFF FAMILY

MY FF TWIN - Firefly

CANADIAN FRIEND - R.Kyra
    FELLOW SCOTSMAN - Aerif
    AUSSIENESS - NikkiLinkle

^I apologize if you found my reply judgmental, it was not meant to be so. I was more sharing my take on the 'reality of things' as it pertains to my life. I honestly don't find it prudent to be paranoid about such things. Of course, people in power are never who they seem to be; in most cases no one is who they 'seem to be'.

I also have quite a few other things that I can possibly be 'paranoid' or 'get worried' about, some of which make me want to punch a baby (please get the Dane Cook reference and LOL) - but worrying about such things really isn't healthy. We live until we die, that's the only way to stay sane*; worrying is maddening.

*Sublime lyrics <3

soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur
    happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr.
    PRK9 ♥ Prestige+ ♥ GDEAA

Good advice. *we're born, we live, then we die*

I guess it is just as simple as that

But I wasn't really worrying, I actually hope something does happen, if anything at all. Either that or just no banks or governments, although that is highly unlikely to happen in our lifetime
    Favourite Lyric For Now:

Lady Gaga

MY LOVING TFF FAMILY

MY FF TWIN - Firefly

CANADIAN FRIEND - R.Kyra
    FELLOW SCOTSMAN - Aerif
    AUSSIENESS - NikkiLinkle

Wait so people who don't watch the news are under-educated? Because I know a lot of under educated people who know more about the news then you do.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Blog Entries

I don't get this whole NWO/one world government conspiracy thing.

Let's assume you're right, and we wake up tomorrow with a world government. So? Now we have a way to address global issues. The type of thing we have to address today (climate change, the global financial system, migration, transboundary pollution, terrorism) are all global problems, while our institutions are national, or at best, semi-regional. I for one welcome a global government as a truly 21st century institution, providing it is in someway democratic (like, every nation-state elects two representatives, with a rotating presidency or something).

So if you're right, explain why I should fear a 'one world government'?

[FYI it won't happen anyway while we have superpowers in China and the United States who wouldn't dream of giving up their positions of global hegemony. I'd certainly prefer a structure of global governance that includes me, my country, and my interests, rather than solely those of global capital and superpower states like the USA.]

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No one can play nice in this world (hell, I can see evidence in this thread), so I don't think it'll happen at least for a very, very long time. That or there is a human body manipulating everyone from behind the scenes, but I doubt that to. I happen to have complete trust in humanity, so much so that anyone in the shadows will manipulate the world into a better place.

If I had something to fear, it'd be the huge differences of opinion us humans seem to have. What if the leader isn't what everyone or a portion wants or needs? What if their views are different? There could be a war that will overthrow everything anyone has ever aimed to achieve.

Bottom line is nah, I dun think so.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I don't get this whole NWO/one world government conspiracy thing.

Let's assume you're right, and we wake up tomorrow with a world government. So? Now we have a way to address global issues. The type of thing we have to address today (climate change, the global financial system, migration, transboundary pollution, terrorism) are all global problems, while our institutions are national, or at best, semi-regional. I for one welcome a global government as a truly 21st century institution, providing it is in someway democratic (like, every nation-state elects two representatives, with a rotating presidency or something).

So if you're right, explain why I should fear a 'one world government'?

[FYI it won't happen anyway while we have superpowers in China and the United States who wouldn't dream of giving up their positions of global hegemony. I'd certainly prefer a structure of global governance that includes me, my country, and my interests, rather than solely those of global capital and superpower states like the USA.]
    Aren't you forgetting Sweden, Norway, New Zealand and Madagascar? The true police of the world. And they're all kinda shaped the same. COINCIDENCE?

I invented Go-Gurt. Starting Anew Clint's Avatar

The moon is a space station.

Quote Originally Posted by nickness89 View Post
    I can't help but believe that everything that is happening really IS a huge set-up, so that the Governments (ahem, Elite of the world) can impose this One World Government upon us.
    I find it strange that you use the word "upon." I find it even more strange then using the word "anew."

I'm not feeling any sort of "impending doom," because I'm not depressed or anything, but if the world blew up due to whatever it is you were talking about, that would be awesome. I would love to live on the moon and finally find out if it's a space station or not. I believe it is. I mean, why else would it be there? What the hell is the moon? It being where it is doesn't make sense.

Either that or just no banks or governments, although that is highly unlikely to happen in our lifetime
    No banks means no money, and no money makes me very pissed off.

You forgot Poland.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Boxer of the Galaxy Starting Anew Rowan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    First: you can't post some far-fetched idea on the internet and expect that people will listen to you when you say to go easy on you. Maybe you should talk to a psychiatrist about paranoia, the internet is the opposite of help for that.

@Loaf - I didn't say people that don't watch the news are under-educated, I'm saying that the people that I have heard from are people that don't watch the news, and that some other people I have talked to are under-educated, and some people that are numb-in-the-head. Don't take what people type as set in stone. For all you know, I could have been stoned out of my box when I typed that, but then that would be making ANOTHER assumption.

@The Clint Eastwood - you don't have to be depressed to have a feeling, so don't go stereotyping depressed people to be the only people to be feeling ''impending doom.'' If you read my posts properly, you would have noticed I also said that something really bad OR something really good could possibly happen. Also, ''no money'' makes you angry, is one of the reasons why OWS is happening, people are grabbing at money at every chance, thinking it means everything. A lot of people dependant on money should try other ways of living, such as being smart enough to realise that you don't actually need that much money, it's called growing your own food.

@Alpha - I agree. A One World Government could be a good thing, provided it was a true democracy, and the freedom was total freedom where the government don't repress right, such as George Bush and Obama have done. I was being imaginative in trying to invoke thoughts of what a World Government that controlled it's population would be like. Like you said we have no reason to believe that so far though.

@Unknown Entity - I agree with this also, that no-one in this world has anywhere near the same opinions to have unity. you're correct, this thread even shows evidence that humans can't just be nice to each other. You're spot on.

I was merely throwing out an idea, and when I said that people are having a ''feeling'' that SOMETHING is going to happen, that didn't mean it WILL. Lighten up to those who took this so seriously, it's just people making an observation, and asked for opinions, not disrespectful comments that demean other people.
    Favourite Lyric For Now:

Lady Gaga

MY LOVING TFF FAMILY

MY FF TWIN - Firefly

CANADIAN FRIEND - R.Kyra
    FELLOW SCOTSMAN - Aerif
    AUSSIENESS - NikkiLinkle

Blog Entries

Lighten up to those who took this so seriously, it's just people making an observation, and asked for opinions, not disrespectful comments that demean other people.
    You should take your own advice. If you didn't want any input, and just wanted people to agree with you, write a persuasive essay on a blog. Don't post on a forum.

For all you know I could actually care.

You're the person typing it, not the rest of the forum.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

@che - I wasn't even expecting people to agree with me, and I haven't made any hint at WANTING and agreement. How many times do I actually have to point out that I am after opinions, not agreements?

@loaf - I don't know what you mean, I didn't say anything about you caring or not caring about anything
    Favourite Lyric For Now:

Lady Gaga

MY LOVING TFF FAMILY

MY FF TWIN - Firefly

CANADIAN FRIEND - R.Kyra
    FELLOW SCOTSMAN - Aerif
    AUSSIENESS - NikkiLinkle

I invented Go-Gurt. Starting Anew Clint's Avatar

you don't have to be depressed to have a feeling, so don't go stereotyping depressed people to be the only people to be feeling ''impending doom.''
    Somebody who isn't depressed wouldn't have a feeling of impending doom. I'm not stereotyping, by the way. It's not like I'm saying that anybody who's depressed is gay. See, that would be a stereotype... Even though it's true.

it's called growing your own food.
    And generating your own electricity, and finding your own fresh water supply, and disposing of your own sanitary sewage. I imagine that's what heaven is like. I can't wait until the world goes back to the living conditions of the 1700s.

Registered User Starting Anew Halie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't really have an informed enough opinion about it, but my dad really loves this stuff. He absolutely believes in many conspiracy theories and this is one of them. Two weeks ago he told me about David Icke and his Reptilian theory, and he doesn't necessarily believe that Lizards live in the core of the Earth and run our world like David Icke does but he does believe that there are people secretly running our world as a group and that our presidents and prime ministers, etc. are just fronts to cover it. He really wants some sort of revelation of an Illuminati-like society to happen in his lifetime. Either that, or he wants something like 2012 to happen. He figures if he's going to die it might as well be because of something as amazing as that, and he'd be pissed off if something like that happened after he'd died.

Personally I think it's really interesting to think about but I don't think I'd want a one world government. On one hand I feel like it would help in many ways to do with war and such, but at the end of the day, we're humans and it's our nature to not wanna be equal. We wanna compete and be better than each other, that's why we have the cheek to name some countries "third-world" countries, and "under-developed" because we've put them in debt. I feel like if we had a OWG this part of our nature would cause us to rebel and the whole thing would just collapse. I hope that makes sense.

Good advice. *we're born, we live, then we die*

I guess it is just as simple as that
    Thanks, I thought so. However, don't imply that I meant life is 'as simple as that'. I was merely pointing out my opinion in regards to the topic at hand and why I don't really feel like anything's going to happen: because I don't have the time, or the energy to think about something along the lines of what you're proposing.

Also, in case you haven't noticed, dramatic things have happened to the world already, just not to such a magnitude of what you're hoping for. The liberation of Libya, for example; that was pretty dramatic, no?

Quote Originally Posted by che
    If you didn't want any input, and just wanted people to agree with you, write a persuasive essay on a blog. Don't post on a forum.
    Word. This topic may have been (or just may be) better suited for a blog (or diary). It appears that you don't really appreciate anyone's opinion that doesn't quite agree and/or support what you've had to say. You also seem to take them personally.

Quote Originally Posted by The Clint Eastwood
    Somebody who isn't depressed wouldn't have a feeling of impending doom. I'm not stereotyping, by the way. It's not like I'm saying that anybody who's depressed is gay. See, that would be a stereotype... Even though it's true.
    LOL. Thanks, Clint.

soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur
    happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr.
    PRK9 ♥ Prestige+ ♥ GDEAA

The British Guy. Starting Anew Robbo's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Or am I just being overly analytical?
    Yes, Shit happens
    Try not to over think it.
    CPC8... Makin' it happen

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin
    Ruin says
    someone fart in my eye
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder
    Melibooyah says:
    Uggh bbl everyone is blowing me uo and I have to do my homework -_-
    Typo's change everything ^

Ok, I was being over-sensitive, but I wasn't necessarily getting pissed off because people were disagreeing, it was more the fact that instead of focusing on the possibility of what I mentioned, more focus was put onto the fact I had mentioned ''paranoia'' and somehow depression, even though I never mentioned depression, and am not depressed, I'm generally very happy with my life

And no, not just depressed people have feelings of ''impending doom.'' Anybody can have a feeling, anything's possible, even people who are not depressed having a bad feeling

Anyways, I'm not going to argue or anything from here on, as I've actually gotten on well with most of the posters prior this thread, and would like it to stay that way.
    Favourite Lyric For Now:

Lady Gaga

MY LOVING TFF FAMILY

MY FF TWIN - Firefly

CANADIAN FRIEND - R.Kyra
    FELLOW SCOTSMAN - Aerif
    AUSSIENESS - NikkiLinkle

Blog Entries

Ok, I was being over-sensitive, but I wasn't necessarily getting pissed off because people were disagreeing, it was more the fact that instead of focusing on the possibility of what I mentioned, more focus was put onto the fact I had mentioned ''paranoia'' and somehow depression, even though I never mentioned depression, and am not depressed, I'm generally very happy with my life

And no, not just depressed people have feelings of ''impending doom.'' Anybody can have a feeling, anything's possible, even people who are not depressed having a bad feeling

Anyways, I'm not going to argue or anything from here on, as I've actually gotten on well with most of the posters prior this thread, and would like it to stay that way.
    Listen, your thread idea was bound to spark some comments. That's not my problem. The problem I have is specifically with you, and you answering every single person who personally offends you.

Half this thread is about your original idea for it (I'd hope to assume). The other half is about you half-assedly trying to defend yourself against people who don't have the same opinion as you. And not on their level, on a personal level.

****ing own it, or shut the **** up. Or did you just want the attention?

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Look guys, I think this has gotten out of hand. Stick to the original post, until Ally pops on and decides what to do here. If you have anything to say other than your opinion on it, take it to VM or PM.

Anything other than that I will report. Happy Thanksgiving.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Hewerya love...? Starting Anew seanb's Avatar

I am not reading this thread, because if I did, my toes would disappear

Quote Originally Posted by seanb View Post
    I am not reading this thread, because if I did, my toes would disappear
    I don't get it
    Favourite Lyric For Now:

Lady Gaga

MY LOVING TFF FAMILY

MY FF TWIN - Firefly

CANADIAN FRIEND - R.Kyra
    FELLOW SCOTSMAN - Aerif
    AUSSIENESS - NikkiLinkle

Blog Entries

I think he means he's a hobbit. Hobbits have a lot of hair on their feet. This topic may be stressful, so he'd lose all the hair on his toes, thus "losing his toes", in Hobbit-speak.