Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: So, this US election cycle...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalxxSin View Post
    I disagree Taco. Neither of you may have been exposed to it in any format, but that doesn't mean its non-existent. Taco, as you mentioned some of it can fall on who you know. Sadly, there are people that value some ethnics of people more than others in a negative manor. Perhaps one of you two are familiar with the stories of a female that moves up more quickly in a company than others, even though other people are more qualified and have worked harder and/or longer. Things like this happen in the world. Not every part of the US has the same type of environment, culture, and ethics as the ones either of you are a part of. Hell, there are some states I would never even consider moving too because I have a decent idea of how I'd be treated.
    I wouldn't necessarily be treated great either, if I went to certain neighborhoods.

I simply think that in order for something to be called "white privilege," all whites have to benefit from it. We've established that all whites don't benefit from some privilege or another, so I remain unconvinced.

Bananarama So, this US election cycle... Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So are the NFL and NBA considered black privilege since they are about 70% black, or white privilege since most of the owners and refs are white?
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

I wanted to point something out. White privilege is so much more than just upbringing, income or status. At the end of the day, no one gives a crap about "darkies" in American society. Let's be real. "Darkies" can be anything you want that isn't "white." In reality, any argument regarding race boils down to cultural incompetence. We are just confusing it with race.

Since "white" culture is seen as > everything else in the U.S., that alone is white privilege. This is not to say that it's the fault of you as a "white" individual or anyone else (besides the media that reinforces this bullshit). It doesn't matter what my status is, if I make a ton of money or if I develop a cure for cancer; I'll stay at the bottom.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Blog Entries
    Do you think "white trash" or "trailer park trash" are looked highly upon? There's a reason they're called that. No one who wasn't born to a certain family or in a certain upbringing is going to be looked at as worthwhile. The working and ever-disappearing middle class are always going to be trodden upon. This "white privilege" thing, along with other derogatory racial epithets, are used to keep the poor divided, because the people with money want to perpetuate their kind in that position. It goes as far back as the founding of this country, and further. The American Revolution wouldn't have ever happened if the lower class hadn't forced the upper class's hand. They didn't want to break off from the British, as their wealth was secure with them, but the British failed to recognize that the American upper class were as good as the British upper class. Throughout the war, they waited for the British to concede that they were good enough. And then the writing of our Constitution partially came to be because the government was too weak to protect the rich's property, and that TERRIFIED them.

Once everyone realizes that Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama and Meryl Streep are all on the same side as Donald Trump and George W. Bush, maybe things can get better. That's going to be a long time from now, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Taco-Calamitous View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily be treated great either, if I went to certain neighborhoods.

I simply think that in order for something to be called "white privilege," all whites have to benefit from it. We've established that all whites don't benefit from some privilege or another, so I remain unconvinced.
    I look at white privilege the same way I look at discrimination. There are both things that not everybody is going to be exposed too. The lack of exposure doesn't equal something being non-existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    So are the NFL and NBA considered black privilege since they are about 70% black, or white privilege since most of the owners and refs are white?
    I don't believe the ethnicity of refs matter much. I'll comment on the players part. If it has been scientifically proven that blacks on average are better athletically than other ethnic backgrounds of people, then yes I'd consider that a black privilege.
    "I'm seeing it clearer/Hating the picture in the mirror/They claim we inferior/So why the fuck these devils fear ya?/I'm watching my nation die genocide the cause/Expect a blood bath/The aftermath is y'alls/I told ya last album, we need help cause we dying/Give us a chance, help us advance cause we trying/Ignore my whole plea, watching us in disgust/And then they beg when my guns bust/They don't give a fuck about us" 2pac ft. Outlawz- "They Don't Give a Fuck About Us"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2