Thread: So.

Blog Entries

So.

Summer's pretty much up, eh? We got like one more day today where it was nice and sunny out, clear skies and all. It had been more or less cloudy and cold for over a week before that. Supposedly Summer isn't over until the 20th. Tell that to Oregon weather! lolol... we're headed for like 9 months of mostly rain. Also, I started student teaching a couple weeks ago. Student teaching 7th Graders. ...why did I do this to myself?

Did y'all do anything cool this Summer, or was your Summer lame? Are you still in the school mindset, where you miss Summer when it's gone, or are you looking forward to the Fall?

(Mostly I just wanted to start another thread that isn't entrenched in a certain argument by a certain someone. If that certain someone tries to do that here, kindly ignore that certain someone, eh?)

The Mad God So. Heartless Angel's Avatar
    I'm overjoyed that it's finally over. I can't stand the heat. All summer means to me is high electric bills and needing a sweat towel after spending more than 2 minutes outside. If we could just skip fall and go straight into winter, that'd be great.

Also, inb4 scripture.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Blog Entries
    The days are finally getting longer! I can go for runs after work if I don't hang around too long beating my head against some emails.

I'm happy summer's over. I don't really do too well in the heat, and where I live is one of the most humid areas of the United States, so more often than not, I find it hard to breathe outside in the summer.

Essentially my summer consisted of working doubles at work, and trying to get a book contract with a publisher who won't stop editing my work. Editors are the worst and their job is to hinder creativity and eliminate the voice of the author.

My dog ate three socks this summer and almost died. She had to get surgery to remove the obstruction, and afterwords she refused to eat for two weeks. But she recovered, and now she's acting like a bitch again.

I want to play a game. So. Zargabaath's Avatar
    Well Taco already knows most of this, but I recently got out of my active contract of "indentured servitude" with the Air Force. Nearly a six year period of my personal Dark Age that I would rather soon forget and start getting my life back on track. After four months of applying, I have finally landed a job that I tentatively start Oct 1. It is a pretty good pay raise from the Air Force, plus I will be actually getting paid for overtime now.

I went up to NY for 4 days to see my family up and to attend a family reunion in Jersey. I went down to Greensboro, NC to look at the facilities of my first job offer that which I later did not take. While I was down there I visited a second cousin who lives there who I had saw earlier in the summer at the family reunion. I went back down to Greensboro this past Saturday to see Wintersun play at The Blind Tiger along with Ne Obliviscaris and Sarah Longfield. I also went to NC to visit my grandparents for a few days.

I have gone to the movie theater more since I have gotten out. I say this because the theater where I was stationed was so depressing that it made me not want to see any movies. A decent movie theater was an hour and a half away. Not cool.

I met up with my best friends and have hung out with them. I played some Pump It Up and DDR for the first time in a few years. I have been going to temple (a.k.a. the gym) five days a week. Tomorrow I will be going up to D.C. to see the Mets vs Nationals. Unfortunately we shall be seeing Vargas pitch. I hate that guy. He sucks and the Mets should have let him go by now.

Before this four month break of employment I had not taken any vacation in over a year so it has been a nice reprieve before I get back into working.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Winter is coming to an end here, its been extremely cold these past 4 months In Melbourne, but hopefully some warmer days are coming. Im looking forward to the summer, some of my best memories are during the summer months.

Blog Entries
    I'm very excited for the fall. Summer was too damn hot. It felt like it was 90+ for the entire months of July and August. Not fun when you primarily work outside.

Otherwise life is busy but good. I've been a home owner since February and a husband since June. Kind of crazy, but it's a good crazy. I'm looking forward to the cooler weather to do some major brush/ tree removal in my backyard. Taking out all of the overgrown stuff and eventually replacing it with sensible bushes or maybe a vegetable garden.

Also Zargs, at the time I'm writing this up, the Mets are still up 3-2 in the top of the 8th. I hope they pull off the win. I actually like Nats Park, but it's nowhere near as nice as Camden, which I actually visited last Saturday. Next Saturday, I'm actually going to Wright's final game, which I may or may not tear up at. He's going to have Reyes with him at short.

And Rowan, what's considered cold by you? I saw winter low temps of 45F. I would take that in a heartbeat.

Edit: Swarzak sucks

Edit 2: Glad the Mets won in extras, but fuck the fucking Jets. Losing to garbage Cleveland

Might be angry drunk right now. Fight me with Bible scripture
    Last edited by Pete; 09-20-2018 at 08:49 PM.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    And Rowan, what's considered cold by you? I saw winter low temps of 45F. I would take that in a heartbeat.
    I just went online to do the conversion for ya. It gets around 2 - 3 degrees here , sometimes less (cause im living in the country area) and stays around about 7 - 9 during the day. so about 33f to 45f.

Also,

So.-howdemapples-jpg

The Mad God So. Heartless Angel's Avatar
    45F? Cold? Shit, I'll wear shorts in that weather.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Blog Entries
    I’ve always preferred summer, I worked right through (roofing and cladding) got a mad t-shirt tan attended a gin festival, read some amazing books and spent a lot of time drinking too much with friends. Honestly I’m just waiting for summer to roll around again, I’ve been called off site because of winds twice this week and I just need to get jobs done. Unfortunately being self-employed demands consistent results, to be fair they’re pretty good with taxes here for people in my situation, also I’m one of those guys that finds Christmas a chore.

Managed to finally move out of CountryLandTM, the countriest place on earth, and back to the town I grew up in. The so-called 'musicians' aren't anywhere near as talented, but there also isn't:

1. Oppressive Middle Tennessee Humidity
    2. Oppressive Middle Tennessee Amusement Park Prices
    3. Oppressive Middle Tennessee Traffic

Since the show "Nashville" premiered, 100 new human beings have been moving there every day. 100x365x~6 or 7 years, that's more than 100,000 new people, some with multiple kids driving cars, and the traffic has gotten HORRENDOUS. Add to that that these new Nashvillians seem to have a problem not setting their stoves/grills on fire, not having heart attacks, and/or not having domestic disputes, and the level of sirens (ambulances, police cars, fire trucks) every single day of the week has increased from about 4 per day to 20+.

It was becoming a madhouse. I am happy to have returned to where I came from, where the traffic always seems to be manageable. Not living with my dad* is a good thing too, as since my mom passed away, he and I haven't really gotten along. Old story.

*You might be surprised that a middle aged man was living with his dad, but then, you probably never ended up playing lead guitar for your dad and co-writing songs with him. My life is super weird.

Edit:

Proverbs 10:19. Look it up.
    "I find this all to be highly inappropriate."