Thread: Snow

I do what you can't. Snow Sasquatch's Avatar

Snow

It happened today. I was loading the pieces of my bed (disassembled) into my truck to bring them to my new apartment, and, all of the sudden, I saw it

Snow.

Small flakes, but still snow. It's that time of year. It's coming, and we can't stop it.

It's coming!

Anyway. What are your thoughts on snow? Love it? Hate it? Like sledding and snowball fights? Don't like driving in sludge and shoveling sidewalks?

I personally am not a fan of snow. I love it around Christmas time, but that's about it -- a few days before Christmas to a few days after New Year's, and I'd be alright with it. But here in Wisconsin (man, I hate this state), it usually snows from the beginning of November to ... well, let's just say I've seen piles of snow that have been plowed into the corners of parking lots last until mid-June.

Unfortunately, my truck is rear-wheel-drive, so I've got to add weight to the bed so I have better traction. That, and snow accumulates in the bed anyway.

Sig courtesy of Plastik Assassin.

Greater love hath no man than this; that he lay down his life for his friends.
    John 15:13

Genocide Unfolds, I Forgive All Chez Daja's Avatar
    Snow from Christmas Eve til Boxing Day is good.

Other than that, I'm not really bothered about it. I don't own a car of my own, nor do I find a need to be out and about.
    I always have time to be indoors, painting, wrapped up nice and warm.

I don't like when my family are out in the snow in their cars, though... it scares the crap out of me, not knowing if they're in a snow storm or sliding off the road or something...

Oh, to have a career potential which allows you to stay inside and not have to go out and... socialize *shudder*.

The person in my avatar is me.

THIS SIGNATURE IS VERY DISTRACTINGS

I was the holder of the highest amount of rep that ever lived on TFF. 1788. lolz. I ween.

Permanently banned Snow darkViVi's Avatar
    I hate snow. I absolutely despise it. It can be cold as Pluto and windy as the North-Pole but if I can smell snow I wont be happy

I hate it for different reasons.. slippery, it gets deep, it's a pain to drive anywhere because it's all white, blizzards... I have my reasons...
    Whats to like about it? Really? You have to shovel it, it makes you slip, it makes people drive into your car because they are too stupid to understand that snow is slippery...

Snow is gay and I hate it.

Go with me, Exkaizer~ Snow Treize's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Anyway. What are your thoughts on snow? Love it? Hate it? Like sledding and snowball fights? Don't like driving in sludge and shoveling sidewalks?

I personally am not a fan of snow. I love it around Christmas time, but that's about it -- a few days before Christmas to a few days after New Year's, and I'd be alright with it. But here in Wisconsin (man, I hate this state), it usually snows from the beginning of November to ... well, let's just say I've seen piles of snow that have been plowed into the corners of parking lots last until mid-June.
    I live in Wisconsin also. Where I live, it started snowing a few days ago. It was pretty short, but it will probably snow again soon.

I really don't mind snow, if I don't have to be out in it. It can be kind of nice to look at, but it can be pretty cold if you are out in the snow for awhile. I think I would just like it to snow a little before Christmas until a little after New Years too though. It is kind of nice to have, but for only a little bit a year. I hate when it snows and there is snow everywhere for months. It makes everything look pretty dreary and cold. Sometimes it seems like Spring won't come soon enough.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

Aww man you're lucky..I love the snow. I live in Texas so it hardly snows only until late December or early Janurary. I like snowball fights more than sledding because its like a mini war type of thing. And like I said earlier, it hardly snows, so when it does I try to make the best out of it because by the next day it usually melts or half melts.
    You know, its about time I changed my dumb old sig

He pwns you!!!!

Maridia
    I have a love hate relationship with snow. On times when I don't have to go out, or on Christmas especially I love it. BUT aside from that it sucks. I don't like driving in it, or getting anywhere in it. I 99% of the time won't do anything with it but shovel, but occasionally a snowball fight or sledding can still be fun from time to time. I guess overall I'd miss it sometimes though I would like it in moderation for sure.

Everyone without snow claims to like it. Which is bullshit because they have absolutely no idea how horrible it is. In places that get snow, the only people that actually like it are winter sports nuts, who are almost always crazy as it is. I live in the Canadian Praries, so I know what snow is. We get it sometime between October and December and it lasts usually to late April or mid May. And obviously I mean snow that stays on the ground. A good 6 inches at the minimum. It's not fun. At all. It's wet, it's cold, it blows in your face and stings, it makes wearing shoes a near impossibility unless you want a foot full of wetness, it makes traffic go slower, it blocks the roads and sidewalks, it's slippery and can cause injury and it makes riding a bike impossible. Seriously, after the first few snowball fights and snowmen and what not that you have when you're 7, there's nothing good about it.

Until now!

Synthesized Ascension Snow Zardoch's Avatar
    Snow can compromise various situations, but overall I mostly love it. Except for that one time after most of the snow had melted there was this snow-sludge shit on the highway when me and my parents were going to g-ma's we swerved into two twist and slammed into the median. It wasn't serious, but sludge pisses me off now.

Living in the Southern Hemisphere its the opposite seasons down here, it's not that hot at the moment but it's just beginning and I can tell you straight away that I obviously HATE HATE HATE Summer... so naturally I love Winter and the snow. I love the whole theme of it all, I love the cold wind blowing against my face. Also the snow making me cold makes want to warm myself up so I get more motivated to do shit where as in the summer I feel like a sloth.

We rarely get snow where I live, although since I am now not living in the middle of a valley it should be a little more likely to. In the town I grew up, even if the whole of the UK was getting snow, we managed to avoid it 90% of the time!

I agree with a lot of the people her that it is nice around Christmas time as it brings that little festive touch and building snowmen is fun. It also makes the forest look very pretty in the winter. However, other than that I don't really like it. I don't like the cold enough as it is (and i'm one of those people who really feels the cold), but when my feet and legs get frozen, which they normally don't, I really dislike it! Give me a thunderstorm any day, but snowstorms... I don't want to endure one of those!
    PSN username: Raikujaku
    A meow-ed member of PRK9

The ones that get snow, you're all lucky!!!! It doesn't even snow at here, at all. Its hot most of the year in California and it rarely snowed. It snowed a little bit last year over here but it was like ten minutes which sucked.

I wish it would snow over here for once. I would love to go snowboarding, start snowball fights, and drink all that hot cocoa under a fireplace. Sounds dumb but it'd be fun just ot have it here for once.

Pedobear approves Snow Shadow Of Darkness's Avatar
    I love snow,and we get alot of snow every winter.
    then I go skiing or throw snowballs at my friends.
    Cold war
    FINAL FANTASY RULES!!!

A PROUD MEMBER OF THE STUUUUPIDEST CLUB...EVER! STONER BROTHERS UNITE !

SoD: What should I give to my girlfriend for Valentines Day?
    Pete: My suggestion is two presents. Get her something of meaning to the both of you, and a dildo. If she doesn't like the first gift, she can go **** herself.

My Family:
    My awesome sister which I love very much <3--Vampiric.Delirium
    My lazy, random, super-duper, twice-removed cousin-- Ralz
    My forever intoxicated vigilante brother--Celtic_Silver
    My Godsmack Addicted Brother--Omega Weapon
    My dark wolf obsessed somebody--Darkwolf
    My Bahamut loving sister--Bahamut1990
    My forever banned cousin--Dark_Angel2
    My sweet vanilla cousin--OceanEyes28
    My wacky evil loving sister--Annikit

Whistling Songbird Snow Asectic's Avatar
    For me, so and so.

Hate- The cold weather cause of the snow and all the stuff you have to wear to keep yourself warm. Sometimes they're just too uncomfortable when wearing them.

Like- Basically, playing in the snow -alone or with friends. They're just so fun to do stuff with. Another thing is to enjoy some warm hot chocolate after the cold day! It just suits me. ^^

"Because I obviously haven't been on here for a while"
    - Said no one ever, 02/2020

>>>:

Oh hey there, thanks for opening! Here is a little section filled with my goodies here and there.

TIMELINE - Before 2019:

The Awesome Peeps (TFF Family):

Moogable
    Bleachfangirl
    Ekimeinna
    Treize
    Rocky
    Tiger Lily
    Unknown Entity
    FF Ace Cid-Silver
    Raider
    Secret Weapon

TIMELINE - 2020 and Onwards:

Music of the Week:
    Ginzen no Kaze (English Cover) - Jayn

Links:
    My DeviantArt Account

"It was nice meeting you!"
    - Said a second nobody ever~

I CAN'T WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTT

Lived without it for years.

I'll probably hate it once I have to drive in it, though.
    I remember when you were happy with a RADISH.

I don't drive, so I've no problem! I love being cold and prefer to being warm in any way. I love snow! SNOWMAN!!!!SNOWMAN!!!!S_N_O_W_M_A_N!!!!!!

I like snowmen...I love playing in the snow and how white and pure everything looks when it's covered in snow. Snow covers all the ugliness...but I get no snow...-.-I'm sad now...The happy thoughts of snow brought me up into a temporary high, and now reality has struck and I realize it is 79 degrees F out...damn. I want SNOW!!!

Blog Entries
    I love snow. I love winter.(weird for a Horticulturist, I know) I love ice.

The stuff is absolutely the most pristine beauty that can be afforded. Out here in Kentucky, it rains ice and water that freezes overnight. Then, in the morning, everything looks like crystal. I wish it would stay winter, but a winter in which flowers would grow. That would be so stellar.

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

I do what you can't. Snow Sasquatch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    The stuff is absolutely the most pristine beauty that can be afforded. Out here in Kentucky, it rains ice and water that freezes overnight. Then, in the morning, everything looks like crystal.
    That's one of the only problems I have with the South. Sure, it doesn't get nearly as cold as the North, and they don't get as much snow, if any. But they get the ice. And while ice does make things more beautiful, it also ... well, it's ice. It's cold, it's heavy, it's slippery. It causes vehicle accidents, it weighs dwn tree limbs so they break, it disconnects power lines. VBut if you find an area away from too many people, the morning after an ice storm can be one of the most beautiful things you've ever seen.

Sig courtesy of Plastik Assassin.

Greater love hath no man than this; that he lay down his life for his friends.
    John 15:13

Blog Entries
    Yea it's really dangerous. But I was raised out in sub-rural hell and there it's like walking in heaven. There's not a single sound except the crunch of ice when you walk and a few birds. I would never try to drive in the stuff, work or school be damned. That stuff can end a car and a life. But when you're on foot and have nothing better to do, it's a kodak moment for sure.

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

I love snow. I just like how everything looks when it's all white and snowy. The sound is more muffled, and it just makes me feel all pleasant. I've laid in the snow on my back in the backyard, and almost fell asleep. Really cozy.. really fun.. snow man.. snowball fights.. ^^

Blog Entries
    We do get a lot of ice. In fact, Arkansas gets it more than snow. And that makes me sad. Because we used to get just the right amount of snow. It would snow a few inches, we would play, and it would be gone in a few days. Perfect! We even got a white Christmas a couple times. The climate is warming up, though, so we don't really get snow anymore. Haven't for a couple years.

So I like snow. Not an insane amount, I'm not a crazy person. But I miss it. Enough snow to play in is like a reward for months of a chilly nose.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

You people are insane. This "You're lucky you get snow, it's SOOOO hot up here!" nonsense makes no sense. Why wish for it to be cold enough to snow? Surplanting one extreme of temperature for another isn't good. Then you'll just complain about it being too cold. Wish for nice weather. 20/70 degree weather, or whatever works for you.

Seriously, playing in the snow gets old fast. No, I will not budge on this and am going to be a stickler. Manitobans have earned that right. Any Russians, Inuit and Scandinavians have too. And the Finns.
    Last edited by Jin; 11-11-2007 at 12:01 AM.

Until now!

Govinda
    Snow bugs me. It's just like the sameold sameold sideways rain...only colder. It snowed here 2 days ago, and we've been told to expect more. The temperature hasn't gone about 10oC in days, and is sitting at 4oC just now (it's lunchtime and I am not used to this cold).

It's nice to wake up on a day where you don't have to do anything and see a blanket of white just waiting to be pocked with your footprints. But...

I don't drive. I can't drive, simply, and therefore have to try and carry out my daily business with sheets of ice bouncing readily off of my face with glee. My fingers, my toes...

I came home the other day, stopped off at the supermarket on the way. Got into the kitchen and found that my shopping bag was full of dead leaves and hailstones. The bathroom had also been filled with flying leaves in my abscence. NOW I see why people don't live here!

Anyway, snow's not really my thing. Give me some light fluffy snow falling straight down anyday, but Highland snow is ****ing vicious, it wants to hurt you, and slams into your person at 45 degree angles to best achieve that.

Blog Entries
    Snow isn't that good (and this is coming from a Brit, who rarely ever gets snow). The weather here in Wales is just strange, and often doesn't really follow the pattern of seasons. It's supposed to be summer right now, but it hasn't stopped raining all week.

We didn't get snow at all this year, which I'm glad of. But last year was the complete opposite. It snowed all through March, and silly me went out with her friends to mess around in it, and my arse literally got frozen. I hated it. I even made a song about how numb and frozen it was... "My arse has become so numb, I can't feel it there...etc." Yeah. It sucked balls.

Although, to be honest, I think if I had it a lot then I'd love it. If I lived in a place where it snowed loads for months, I reckon I'd enjoy it. Just not in a place where it's rare and annoying, or where I'd never get it.

Probably the best thing about snow is that you can curl up in your house all warm with ten thousand cuppa teas and be lazy. And you get a pretty view, too.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lol, it's been raining pretty bad over here too Dystopia! We had about a day of sun-shine this week, and that was it. Wish the rain was snow though...

Yes, I LOVE snow! It covers everything, makes everything look pretty and clean (I think I have a photo of the veiw from my window when its snowed in my profile...), and makes you forget you live in Hackney.

There is a small patch of grass near my house where we all go to play once it snows. Make lotsa SNOWMEN and have BIG snowball fights! Me and my brother last year picked up our really crappy looking snowman, and ran at our friend with it - man, the outcome was FUNNY!

I also love cold weather. You feel the benifits of having a duvet on your bed. It just feels sooo comfortable. I have my bedroom window open on the lock all year round just so it feels that way. Its often the coolest in the house too.

Its not so great if you are driving - OR crossing the busey roads. I had to cross a buesy road on the way to school, and that was no laughing matter. What if a car skids, or can't stop before they see you?

And think of the poor OAPs! My nan hates it when it snows! Not only is it too cold for her, but she is unsteady on her feet. She falls, she could really hurt herself!
    Last edited by Unknown Entity; 07-19-2008 at 04:02 PM.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Snow is great.....for maybe the first 2 or 3 weeks. But when it's here for over half the year it doesn't become as fun as it used to. This year the snow properly melted in April I think. Although it is really useful here in Finland as mid winter the most sunlight we get where I live is about 3 hours a day, so the snow really brightens things up at night. I will say this though, snowmen rock! I once got sent in the middle of nowhere on an army mission in mid winter. I had nothing to do for 6 hours once I got there (the middle of a field) so me and my squad made the biggest rudest snowman in the world^^

snow is great till it gets old lol where i live it does snow quite a bit whe it is winter but there summers are fukin hot too. but ya its always fun to take out your truck or quad and do donuts in the street. its also fun too see how far up a mountain you can get before you get stuck wich can really suck. it also snows enough for school to close sometimes which is always good. but after a a while you just want the snow to go away and want summer to come

Kobe's a Dominator