Thread: Sleep

Freezing Ring! Sleep Darkdragoon's Avatar

Sleep

For the past few day's i havent been able to sleep. Ive tryed rubbing my ear's (have no idea), Tryed just sleeping under the cover's, then tryed outside, then i tryed punching myself (Ya...), and... Well that's it. So the real question here is how do you get to sleep ^^?

Rule's
    _____

This is kind of like a game. So if your technique get's me to sleep, you win XD... So... ? WELL?! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!!!

Please help me sleep!!!
    IIf you dont... I will handcuff you, and push you off a cliff that lead's to a pit of man eatting shark's...

Yay! First thing to try
    Thank you, I will see if i can ask my mom for some lavender.
    I think i got some boring textbook's
    Um... Im only 12 so... This is just idiotic.
    (Kilala)
    Thank you so much. I'll try this some time.
    ok, this might really work for me ^^
    Well, im only 12 so i cant goto work O.o I think i can start working at 16. They changed the driving age to 18 or 17. I could read a story, or did you mean make up a story? Becuase i love making story's ^^
    Last edited by Darkdragoon; 08-10-2009 at 03:55 PM.

JillXWesker & MeruXDart FTW!

Shake it like a polaroid picture Sleep RagnaToad's Avatar
    I have been suffering from

a) insomnia
    b) depression

for the last two years, so I'm having a really hard time myself to find my peace of mind and fall asleep without being totally exhausted (and I mean exhausted to death).

I would suggest doing a lot during the day. When you're depressed and all, that's not easy. But in your case, I'd make sure you get up and plan some things to do. Read a book before you turn out the light.
    Not that it works for me...
    Last edited by RagnaToad; 08-10-2009 at 12:36 AM.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Blog Entries
    I enjoy aromatherapy. Lavender and chamomile.... ahhh.

And sometimes when I'm having trouble falling asleep, I'll just lie completely still for as long as possible. Sometimes that puts my body at ease after I force it to resist fidgeting.

If that doesn't work, I'll read something like a text book from a subject I might not be as interested in. That puts me to sleep real quick.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

I usually just choose not to sleep. I can sleep when I'm dead.

But a lot of times it is because of insomnia which I don't mind. I am used to having little to no sleep during my days.

Methods that have gotten me to sleep.
    Smoke some weed. (yes it's illegal but it will get the job done most the time)

Down a beer or 2.

One time I was taught how to actually go to sleep faster back in the 8th grade. It had to do with something about, relaxing your body, think of a light blue sky with or without clouds here and there. Just think of that, nothing else, calm yourself down and relax.

Other then that I usually just close my eyes and I eventually go to sleep, even if it took me an hour and half to do it.

Oh yea also I have noticed I go to sleep easier when I have been watching some TV for about an hour before bed. Also try reading a book too.
    Last edited by loaf; 08-10-2009 at 04:42 AM.

I often have trouble getting to sleep... especially lately. But that is partially my own fault haha! Lately I've been staying up until 3-8am just talking to people on MSN because of the time difference.
    So when I do eventually want to go to sleep I often put my TV on in the background on a low volume and drift off.
    Or I sketch until I can't keep my eyes open - probably not the best idea as it strains my eyes but I've never been a one to keep things 100% sensible.
    I go into my wardrobe and try on all sorts of outfits. I know it sounds odd but it gives me something to do and it's quite fun...
    I try to think of something boring...
    I build myself a nest of pillows...
    And that's all I can think of now ^~

Following the path for truth...

and ending the dream.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Sleep Xanatos's Avatar
    It's really rare when I cant sleep but even that happens to me sometimes. I have only one method and it always works for me, I grab my MP4 and listen music until I feel asleep. It always works, little of my favorite music to keep me relaxed and not long after that I'm going to dream land.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

This might sound a little on the retarted side but when I have trouble sleeping I lie in bed with the lights out, TV off, radio off, and anything else that could be a distraction then I try to trick my mind into going to sleep by trying to stay awake. Eventually this works for me.

My wife doesn't have a problem going to sleep but she does have a problem staying asleep so she has been using Tilanol PM when she is really exhausted.

The thrid option I can not discuss with you because you are to young.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Blog Entries
    I have a ritual. I wrap everything up and make sure I'm totally ready for the next day. Once I'm positive... I turn on my TV and put an old movie on(preferably one I already know) and set my TV to turn off in an hour or so. I make sure I have snacks and a drink of water, if I need them. I have a book if I want to read. My iPod if I want to listen to an audiobook/podcast/song.

And...eventually I drift off.

-Sin

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

I invented Go-Gurt. Sleep Clint's Avatar
    If I can't sleep, I'll take a painkiller, some NyQuil, or something else that causes drowsiness, and forty-five minutes later, I'll sleeping like a baby. It's not good to do all the time, especially taking painkillers, because it's not exactly healthy, but since I have a herniated disk in my back, and since they're prescribed to me, I figure why not?

Haha, go working. XD" Seriously, that helps. I fall to bed every evening since I work from 7 am to 5 pm. .-."

But I had that problem, too, a while ago. Then I just tried to imagine a story. x3" Mostly it started in school and then went to all worlds of Final Fantasy. XD There were quite some interesting stories then. And when you want to dream about that, you fall asleep easily. x3" At least that's how it worked out for ME. ^^

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Actually I found a pretty effective tactic today. Well... it may not be possible for you, but here goes.

If you live near a beach, try just strolling along it's shoreline. Breath in the sea air... listen the music of the waves. It's a great way to relax, clear your mind and help you feel exhausted .

I did that today and it was lovely. Made me so sleepy xD

Following the path for truth...

and ending the dream.

Blog Entries
    Oh! Also. Well, you'd have to ask your parents, but sometimes taking a melatonin supplement is helpful. It's a naturally occurring hormone that promotes drowsiness to keep your daily cycle regulated. But light can inhibit the production of it, so if you're surrounded by artificial light before bedtime, it'll be harder for you to get to sleep. So turning off lights and turning off your computer and curling up with some music or something might help. But if you do decide to take a supplement, you'd need to take it before you go to sleep and not stay up for a few hours waiting for it to work. It's not a sleeping pill. Be in the dark trying to go to sleep, and eventually, you will.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

LISTEN HERE!

I find watching movies or TV shows puts me to sleep. Especially if I'm in a 'chilling zone' like lying on the couch or in my bed. I was upset the other night and didn't think I'd be able to get to sleep for hours. Popped a DVD in, and was falling asleep halfway through it. Also, reading books is the same for me as well.

Perhaps try wearing yourself out? By doing exercise or something?

Blog Entries
    I was gonna suggest melatonin, by Ally-miss-know-it-all already said that.

I don't really have a problem getting to sleep, but when I do, I'll just try sleeping somewhere different. I prefer the couch in my living room. For some reason, I knock out almost immediately if I'm having trouble sleeping in my bed.

If all else fails, try some nyquil, or drink a beer or two, or whack off. They're all tried and true methods.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Something smells shiesty... Sleep IceColdPillow's Avatar
    Drink chicken broth?
    take a warm shower?
    Do a good workout that day and eat healthy?

I'd reccomend some effective sleeping pills but seeing as your twelve...
    How about I wash your mouth out with a revolver?....

Lets be best friends

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I was gonna suggest melatonin, by Ally-miss-know-it-all already said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    or whack off.
    Haha... this is a good idea. Your muscles contract, release, and then... relax. Ahhhhh bedtime. I, too, recommend this method.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

LISTEN HERE!

See that is where the age barrier came in with me and was my 3rd option that I wasn't going to comment on but since it is out there.

It is a proven fact that males tend to get sleepy after ejaculation, it is in their chemisrty; ask any woman that has had sexual relations with a male.

I say go for it but seeing you are 12 I am not telling you to do so.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Blog Entries
    Well, to be fair Meier, I was uh, spending abnormally long periods in the bathroom when I was 12.

And no, I wasn't constipated.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Registered User Sleep
    Oh, Lord. What kind of thoughts are you all giving poor Silverdragoon?

Anyway, there have been a lot of good answers, and I think the best ones so far are the aromatherapy and shutting off all the lights.

However, I see no mention of the oldest remedy in the book. Drinking warmed milk. I've never done it, and I don't plan to do it either. If it helps though, then it may be worth it.

Here's an article about it if your interested:

Sleep Disorders: Warm Milk, True or False?
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

I will finish the hunt Sleep Cheesevixen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There is no sleep for me. I won't get into detail because I don't want to scare anyone, but let's just say I enjoyed throwing up last night because it finally got me tired enough to sleep for 3 hours at least. YAY me . So try throwing up maybe? LOL
    Last edited by Cheesevixen; 08-13-2009 at 12:27 PM.
    "Some men just want to watch the world burn"

Blog Entries
    One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet is your sleeping atmosphere. Being that it's summer, heat and humidity abound. Try altering the levels in your bedroom until you find a suitable sleeping environment. Personally I cannot sleep at all if it's too hot so even if it isn't warm but stays humid I'll run my AC for half an hour or so before settling in for the night. It helps a lot. I also keep my ceiling fan on to keep the air circulating.

Also, it sounds like you're trying to make yourself sleep when you aren't tired. If you have a set bedtime, one trick that might work is to actually set your alarm and wake up early. The sleep deficit will make you tire earlier and hopefully help you sleep at a more reasonable time. Make sure you're being active too and not just lounging around the house all day. The less energy you spend the more you'll have later at night. I've found exercising makes me get tired a lot earlier than usual and helps me sleep better.

If you aren't getting any sleep at all you may want to try gentler, more natural remedies instead of jumping immediately into medicines that can mess your systems up or make you dependent on them. (Or are just plain bad for your health like drugs and alcohol.)

If you are sleeping, just not very much, it may not necessarily be insomnia. If you don't feel tired at all either before or after you sleep it could be that you just don't need a lot of sleep to begin with. I only need about 5 hours of sleep myself and I know people can function on less for long periods of time. The experts may recommend 8 but the bottom line is everyone is different and it's not set in stone.

Although, after a week or two if you're still getting very little or no sleep you will want to let your parents know. As good of a community as this is, we are no substitute for parental and medical advice. Sleep disorders definitely fall in the realm of the doctor so you should be consulting professionals who will provide age-appropriate advice and, if needed, herbal or medicinal remedies.

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 Sleep Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries
    Listen to some music, either just before going to sleep, or listen to music, and fall asleep listening...That helps sometimes. So yeah, I hope you get a Good Night's Rest SD

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

Fading into a dream Sleep Dean Winchester's Avatar
    Up until this month i was sleeping just fine. Now i can't, i'd go into more detail but its complicated and i don't want to be judged for it.

Sig and ave made by Violet, thanks again Violet!