Thread: Norway Attacks

#LOCKE4GOD Norway Attacks Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Norway Attacks

Surprised there hasn't been a thread? Make one. It takes like 30 seconds.

Thoughts, condolences, etc.

It was pretty awful news. I really couldn't believe it at first, much less when I found out that the events were not only related, but committed by one man.

I'm surprised the police just didn't shoot him, or that he didn't shoot the police. I suppose the reason he didn't put up a fight against the police was that now he has everyone's attention (in THE MOST perverse fashion possible), he has a platform for his views to be heard.

It's sad that he killed so many young people. These people were going to be future leaders of their nation. He quite conceivably just killed an entire future government of Norway. That's a hell of a loss, and one that will live on in their nation, and in particular in the history of the Labour party as it moves on.

I heard on the news tonight that Glenn Beck compared the political camp to the Hitler Youth. Far be it from me to give this man anymore airplay, but ****inshitshuttupandstoprevealinghowstupidyouare.

To quote CNN (http://edition.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS...beck.norway/):

Beck said the camp "sounds a little like, you know, the Hitler Youth or whatever. Who does a camp for kids that's all about politics? Disturbing."

However, politically-oriented camps are being organized in several U.S. states by chapters of the "9/12 Project" -- an organization founded by Beck himself in 2009.
    But yeah. It's really sad what happened.
    Last edited by Alpha; 07-26-2011 at 12:51 AM.

Blog Entries

Re: Norway Attacks

The more I see clips of Beck's show, the more I think he is playing a dark, satirical role for entertainment. However, I honestly hope it serves a more useful purpose, like when he bends logic to sound more logical, but then it doesn't make sense, people who follow him have to be like "wait what..." and begin to think. I believe that's one of the biggest problems in the U.S. People can't think for themselves, they have to follow someone.

Anyway, I'm speechless about the event itself. After I heard about it I honestly was just too sick to even read an article. I haven't even read the article you posted yet. I'm just sick of reading about all these horrible things happening, and I'm trying to be optimistic in my life right now. I did hear what Norway's Prime Minister said, although I'd prefer not to butcher a quote atm, I thought it was a good mindset to be in. He was very optimistic, as in "this won't change us" or something.

Honestly, overall, and this will sound ignorant in a way, but I do think some good will come out of it. My condolences for all those who lost family or their lives.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Consistently Average Norway Attacks Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What made me sick was that he supposedly told the kids at the camp that he was a policeman and they would be safe and he'd protect them if they came out. Really sad that he did it to his own people, people like you said alpha, would have become future leaders of his country and the fact that he plotted the thing so painstakingly for two years makes it even worse. My condolences are with the families and i can only hope he gets what he deserves.

Although i know its stupid for saying but i think the media shouldnt give him the attention he was seeking. I mean im glad that we were made aware of this but all those journalists crowded outside the court he was being held in just seemed wrong to me.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Passing fair judgement Norway Attacks Judge Magistrate's Avatar

It's an awful story to be sure. I feel so bad for the families of the kids that died and I agree the media should not "glorify" this guy. It's bad enough to know he did it, but the media keeps talking about him. I also can't believe the maximum sentence he'll get is 22years, it's just plain sickening.
    None shall escape judgement, all shall fall by my blade.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla
    Firefly-The Greatest Little Sister Ever
    Ruin-My bro working in the military
    Nickness89-My brother from another mother
    angelmarie190515-My mentor and greatest older sister
    A Hero without a Name- My brother in arms
    Raven Zecht-Herald of what is to come
    LadyWinchester-The mistress of light and dark

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

I was reading the newspaper today and the article was leaning to the idea that the man had actually been in contact with one of the super right-wing parties or something like before the incident. Can't source it for you because the paper was at work but with more information being dug up it could become a pretty huge crap storm for some of the political parties in Norway.

I think it is sad that people are murdered in the world to begin with even more so when it is mass murder like this. I hope the event isn't easily forgotten by anyone and as people we strive to break down racial barriers and hate. So events like this don't repeat themselves.
    EBG

This ain't no place for no hero Norway Attacks Tiffany's Avatar

It always repeats itself though. /shrug.

The thing that bothered me most is that I didn't hear about it first... I heard about Amy Winehouse passing. But that's a whole 'nother ID debate.

Of course I agree with everyone and what's already been said. He's a sick ****. The next thing that upset me is the newspaper article that said he planned on listening to "Lux Aterna" while shooting the people to "give him strength". I didn't recognize the song so I YouTube'd it and nearly felt sick listening to it. Like THAT is what's going to give him courage?

Okay I get that he's imbalanced. But still! Ugh.

Passing fair judgement Norway Attacks Judge Magistrate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    It always repeats itself though. /shrug.

The thing that bothered me most is that I didn't hear about it first... I heard about Amy Winehouse passing. But that's a whole 'nother ID debate.

Of course I agree with everyone and what's already been said. He's a sick ****. The next thing that upset me is the newspaper article that said he planned on listening to "Lux Aterna" while shooting the people to "give him strength". I didn't recognize the song so I YouTube'd it and nearly felt sick listening to it. Like THAT is what's going to give him courage?

Okay I get that he's imbalanced. But still! Ugh.
    Yeah, it's pretty sick how twisted he was to want to do that. By the way, welcome back, you hadn't logged on in a while.
    None shall escape judgement, all shall fall by my blade.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla
    Firefly-The Greatest Little Sister Ever
    Ruin-My bro working in the military
    Nickness89-My brother from another mother
    angelmarie190515-My mentor and greatest older sister
    A Hero without a Name- My brother in arms
    Raven Zecht-Herald of what is to come
    LadyWinchester-The mistress of light and dark

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

The Brave Norway Attacks

Post Re: Norway Attacks

It's really unbelievable that something like that happened in Norway. At least it was in Norway and not Finland.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alisbet View Post
    It's really unbelievable that something like that happened in Norway. At least it was in Norway and not Finland.
    Can we please stray from posts that are like "at least this terrible thing happened here, and not HERE". It's terrible, and it happened. And "picking out" a place for it to happen (or where it should have) isn't helping anything.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys