Thread: Seriously Soda

Sir Prize Seriously Soda Sinister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Question Seriously Soda

What are your choice brands?
    Do you buy in with the cane sugar crowd?
    What was the greatest soda you ever had?

Dr. Pepper is okay for a casual coke. I used to like Sprite, got tired of it. Premium Selection makes a damn fine Blood Orange soda.

I think they taste best, really. But they're not generally cheap or easy to find.

Royal Crown Cola Draft. I HATE RC cola. But this tasted great. I really ought to buy some somewhere. It's nostalgic for me really. I used to buy them out of a cooler with a snickers bar and walk to my special valley where I couldn't hear a car or anything and eat and drink. I miss them. *sniff*

Any other cola fans?

-Sin

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

My usual choice is Aldis Cola as it's $1 for two litres whereas all the other soft drinks tend to be somewhat higher in price. I'll drink most soft drinks though and am known to crave Mountain Dew once in a while.

I honestly didn't know there was a cane sugar crowd. As far as I've known soft drinks are soft drinks, and while I like them, I'd always pick a nice beer or most other alcoholic beverages over them.

If Cola and rum counts, probably one of those mixed by myself using Coruba Rum and Pepsi. Other colas work too, but don't go together quite so well. Oh and I tend to like the coke with lemon or lime that sometimes come out. Apart from that... None have really stood out too much. They're all good, there just wasn't really a greater one...
    victoria aut mors

Depends on my mood. Usually I just go with basic Coke. But Moutain Dew and Dr Pepper are good. If im drinking its always Sprite though. My usual drink is vodka and Sprite as beer doesnt agree with my stomach very well.

Not sure I know what is meant here being from Finland and all. Could someone fill me in?

I dunno. I guess some random Coca cola with lemon somewhere. Although if energy drinks count in the soda category some Red Bull when I was on a 28km hike with 60 kilos in my pack was the best drink ever. It boosted my energy so much as that hike was utterly exhausting.

Blog Entries
    Well, mainstream stuff, like Coke and Sprite don't use real cane sugar. Soda with cane sugar is said to be the better Soda.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Well, mainstream stuff, like Coke and Sprite don't use real cane sugar. Soda with cane sugar is said to be the better Soda.
    I don't suppose it's fermented sugar cane that's used?
    Cos if it is, they're probably that drunk it seems magical.
    But regardless, I'd honestly never heard of this. I'll have to see if any places sell sugar cane cola...

Might be a new companion for rum when I'm a little less spendworthy.
    victoria aut mors

Registered User Seriously Soda Halie's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Tesco Coke, ASDA Coke, Aldis Coke, basically all the cheap ones. In my opinion, they're nicer than the big name brands. They're more Cola than coke, but still. A lot better in taste, in my opinion. Which is great, because you get a bargain both ways/

I'm not really a big fan of much other brands, like Lucozade (sp?) and Sprite, etc. I'm a coke addict. Has to be coke. (And no, not the drug. I'm not a crackhead).

Cane Sugar? Sorry, hun. Not sure what that is. Mainstream stuff? So basically big name brands. Is it that they use Cane Sugar, and the cheaper brands don't? ...So if I buy the cheap stuff, that means I get better taste, I save money, and I don't need to know what Cane Sugar is. ...Bargains just keep getting better

The Lost Writer Seriously Soda Psiko's Avatar

There has been only one brand to stand out from the crowd over all the years that I've been drinking soda. I'm trying to eliminate my soda drinking altogether with the exception of this one brand. If you have never tried anything from Jones Soda then you have never truly had a good soda.

Effing yes I do! Jones Soda is made with Pure Cane Sugar and it puts those mainstream brands to shame. You can actually find Jones Soda at your local Wal-Mart or Target. Pay the little extra and get it, you will not be disappointed. I've been a fan for almost 8 years now.

Green Apple Jones Soda, no contest. Berry Lemonade is damn good too. I am yet to find a Jones I do not like, even the surprisingly awesome Kiwi turned out!
    OLD SKOOL - A positive appellation referring to when things weren't flashy but empty of substance, were done by hard work, didn't pander to the lowest common denominator, and required real skill. Labour-saving devices, shortcuts that reduce quality and quitting before the task is done are not characteristics of "old skool."

In reference to computer games, refers to a game that had substantial playability without flashy graphics or eye candy. Old skool gamers appreciate difficult maneuvers, careful planning, and scorched earth policies.

In reference to role-playing games, old skool refers to games that tested players' wits, could kill off careless characters, and required dedication and inner strength to play. Old skool games didn't pander to the ideas that everyone is created equal, that all options are open to all races, that the markets were somehow free, and that a quasi-medieval society could have near 100% literacy.

See also classic.

Representing the Old Skool ways since 1984.

I used to drink Dr. P like a mobster. Then root beer was available, and that occured on numerous occasions. It IS my favorite, after all. Especially when it's a float, which is just the best kind of sodie you can have...

Hmm. Sadly I can't drink soda anymore (it makes me pee blood)...I do every now and then, but it can't have caffiene in it and I can't even finish a can nowadays.

So I drink tea. And water. No caffiene, no sugar, none of that imposter stuff they give off as tea that's more sugar water than anything. Soda is so BAD for you...
    I remember when you were happy with a RADISH.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Psiko View Post

There has been only one brand to stand out from the crowd over all the years that I've been drinking soda. I'm trying to eliminate my soda drinking altogether with the exception of this one brand. If you have never tried anything from Jones Soda then you have never truly had a good soda.

Effing yes I do! Jones Soda is made with Pure Cane Sugar and it puts those mainstream brands to shame. You can actually find Jones Soda at your local Wal-Mart or Target. Pay the little extra and get it, you will not be disappointed. I've been a fan for almost 8 years now.

Green Apple Jones Soda, no contest. Berry Lemonade is damn good too. I am yet to find a Jones I do not like, even the surprisingly awesome Kiwi turned out!
    I've seen them at the stores and have always wanted to try them. In fact, I admit, I kind of put this thread out here to see if they came up and in what light.

I thought about buying the cream soda because I've always enjoyed a cream soda.

I don't drink sodas continuously so I'm usually more of a snob about them when I do. But seeing you like them so much, I'll have to buy some. You say green apple?

-Sin

Gingersnap Seriously Soda OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    GODDAMN THEY HAVE A GOOD CREAM SODA. Try it, you will love yourself and your soda long time.

Questions...

Don't drink soda much... at all. But if I do, uh... Ginger ale, most likely. Dr. Pepper is good. So is Jones. And whoever's root beer, I don't care. Sprite.

OH. Oh oh oh! Cheerwine. I can only get it on the east coast, but it's really tasty. And Ale 8 1. Daniel gets it from Ohio once a year, and I always get a few sips. It's another one of my favorites.

Cane sugar is delicious. If you give me a soda with cane sugar, I will probably drink it. Give me one now, I will show you.

My fondest soda memories involve getting Red Cream Soda from the vending machine when I was a little girl at the neighborhood pool. We would swim, Dad would give us each a dollar, and we would come back with red mouths. It tasted so good on a hot day by the pool.
    Last edited by OceanEyes28; 06-02-2008 at 07:08 AM.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanEyes28 View Post
    GODDAMN THEY HAVE A GOOD CREAM SODA. Try it, you will love yourself and your soda long time.

Questions...

Don't drink soda much... at all. But if I do, uh... Ginger ale, most likely. Dr. Pepper is good. So is Jones. And whoever's root beer, I don't care. Sprite.

Cane sugar is delicious. If you give me a soda with cane sugar, I will probably drink it. Give me one now, I will show you.

My fondest soda memories involve getting Red Cream Soda from the vending machine when I was a little girl at the neighborhood pool. We would swim, Dad would give us each a dollar, and we would come back with red mouths. It tasted so good on a hot day by the pool.
    Big Red, right? What do you think I drank before they came out with the RC cola Draft? I loved Big Red! Of course all the red 40 prolly will give me progressive cancer in later years. ><

It's because of Big Red I became such a cream soda fan. So now I'm definitely going to have to try Jones' Cream Soda.

-Sin

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hmm, I like DG Jamaica Cream Soda, Coke, Sprite and Fanta (though Fanta tends to make me feel really ill these days - loved it when I was a little kid though).

I still don't get whatcha mean by cane sugar - sounds to sickly to me if thats what you mean... Is it stuff like Red Bull and Lucozade? Yep, a little too sickly, although Relentless is pretty good and REALLY wakes you up when you feel tired. Could have done with one today...

I really like Relentless, but it makes you feel sick, and you wouldn't wanna drink it all the time - it'd make you really sick. I'll go with DG Jamacia Cream Soda - its good stuff, though doesn't last that long...

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Usually drink Fanta - not too fizzy, which hurts my teeth major. But most of the time it's with something - vodka or other spirits that you just can't drink on their own....

Mean Red Bull etc? Red Bull's a great alternative at a party with no alcohol around - just drink tons of the stuff and to frekin' hyper!!!!

Crikey, no idea. Had a good few over the years so it'd take a while to think.... had some Coke substitute that made me as high as a kite, but that was years ago.
    Last edited by Mr Spike; 05-29-2008 at 11:14 AM.

<code id="html"></code><code id="html"></code>
    <code id="html"></code><code id="html"></code>

The TFF family:

Raider - The Metal Brother
    Secret Weapon - My FFVII guardian cousin
    Unknown Entity - The Theory of a Deadman loving Aunt

(anyone else want in? PM me!!)

Current FFX challenges: NSGNSNCNONENNENBB: Macalania

TONC: Mushroom Rock: Aftermath

OOH!! CAKE!!

I, for the most part, am a Root Beer guy.

Henry Weinhard's first and foremost is the god tier of sodas. As far as regular brands go, Barq's and A&W. Mug is okay, and I really don't like Hansen's or IBC.

I'm afraid I'm not too sure. I've never noticed the addition of cane sugar in my sodas. There's none in Henry Weinhard's, I just checked. My Uncle and I found a place about 30 minutes drive away that offers rare brands of sodas. Some of those had a distinct taste in it because they actually added spices to it

I feel like I'm forgetting something, but I'm just going to go with HW Root Beer. It's got a smooth, creamy taste that's to die for, especially when it's nice and cold. I think when I first tried Sarsaparilla at Knott's Berry Farm years ago, I thought it was the best drink ever, mainly for it's fancy name.

Any other cola fans?
    Suuuuuupaaaaaaa!

(sorry I had to)

The Lost Writer Seriously Soda Psiko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    I've seen them at the stores and have always wanted to try them. In fact, I admit, I kind of put this thread out here to see if they came up and in what light.

I thought about buying the cream soda because I've always enjoyed a cream soda.

I don't drink sodas continuously so I'm usually more of a snob about them when I do. But seeing you like them so much, I'll have to buy some. You say green apple?

-Sin
    The Jones Cream Soda is stellar. As I said before, I'm yet to find a flavor from them that I don't care for. Back around Halloween they had some special flavors, such as Candy Corn and Lemon Drop, and even those were amazing. You'll not regret getting some Jones, and be sure to try them all!!!
    OLD SKOOL - A positive appellation referring to when things weren't flashy but empty of substance, were done by hard work, didn't pander to the lowest common denominator, and required real skill. Labour-saving devices, shortcuts that reduce quality and quitting before the task is done are not characteristics of "old skool."

In reference to computer games, refers to a game that had substantial playability without flashy graphics or eye candy. Old skool gamers appreciate difficult maneuvers, careful planning, and scorched earth policies.

In reference to role-playing games, old skool refers to games that tested players' wits, could kill off careless characters, and required dedication and inner strength to play. Old skool games didn't pander to the ideas that everyone is created equal, that all options are open to all races, that the markets were somehow free, and that a quasi-medieval society could have near 100% literacy.

See also classic.

Representing the Old Skool ways since 1984.

I don't drink a lot of soda really, only in the Summer. I get Kirks brand Lemonade and Sarsaparilla. They are really the only ones I drink, I've had others but those two are my favorite.

I have no idea..

I have no idea once again, probably the Lemonade. As I said, I don't drink it all that much and I don't like a lot of it. I'll tell you what I don't like; Coke and Pepsi. Yes, I said it, I believe they taste awful. Every body else I know is obsessed with it, I don't get why. There was one brand called 'Waterfords' I think and they used to make a soda I liked, a few flavours but I don't think they make them any more.

CC's YouTube Page|Add me on last.fm
    Is on Facebook so feel free to add me. =)

When you say "brands", do you mean like the Coca Cola Company or the names of separate sodas? If it's the first, I don't know. I like Sunkist, Dr. Pepper, and Coke though. Sometimes I get Canada Dry if I want some ginger ale, but those three are my favorites.

Nope. I never even knew there were sodas with sugar cane in them.

This one specialty brew soda that they served in this one restaurant while I was in San Francisco. The name of the restaurant seems to escape me, but their rood beer was some GOOD stuff.

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Seriously Soda Polk's Avatar

I tend to go with Diet Coke, Dr. Pepper (slash Mr. Pibb), Pepsi cola, or Sierra Mist.

To tell the truth, I've never really tried any of it. If people had suggestions (hint hint), then I might be willing to look into it.

We have a local bottler in Wisconsin known as Black Bear. They have this Blue Rasberry soda. OMG. Orgasmic.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver
    If Cola and rum counts, probably one of those mixed by myself using Coruba Rum and Pepsi. Other colas work too, but don't go together quite so well.
    Diet Coke and Malibu Coconut Rum. Try it. Thank me later.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

I hate most soda. Water's much better IMO. (Man, I sound nerdy...)
    Pokéshipping|Contestshipping|Ikarishipping

Refieth|Cesa|Miguna (Rune Factory)

shiny lapras' lake. join today.

TFF Family, Avvy Credit & Other Randomness:

My friendly neighborhood pilot, FF Ace Cid
    My rocking on niece, Unknown Entity
    My grammar obsessed cousin, Doc Rocco
    My crazy sister, X SlAyEr
    My morally ambiguous cousin, Silver
    My anime addicted sister, Athna Loveil
    My seriously awesome uncle, Fishie
    My random, friendly, and sugar-eating aunt, Xeim
    That zany cousin that magically appears from time to time, Meier Link
    My Haruhiist brother, Morik the Rogue

Genocide Unfolds, I Forgive All Chez Daja's Avatar
    I agree with Refieth, water is much nicer.

However, since this is a soft drinks thread, I like Pepsi Max, Diet Coke, Fanta and original Pepsi, although I could probably live without it.

I like water and juices best.

The person in my avatar is me.

THIS SIGNATURE IS VERY DISTRACTINGS

I was the holder of the highest amount of rep that ever lived on TFF. 1788. lolz. I ween.

I will finish the hunt Seriously Soda Cheesevixen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dr. Pepper if I am not into bruning my throat, and Coke if I am looking for a side kick to a wonderful sugar fix.

No?

Crown an Coke hands down.

Any other cola fans?
    Can't say I am a big fan of cola. I like to drink it if I think I need it, but most of the time I stay away from it. Never really quenches my thirst.
    "Some men just want to watch the world burn"

Where the polar bears play at night and where the beavers are furry...
    Hmm...tough choice, but i think I'll go with C-plus/Orange Crush.

No, but i like cheese?

Once, when i went through Atlanta, there was coke that had some kind of honey in it. It was THE best thing ever!

Any other cola fans?
    Can't live without it...literally.

My Awesome TFF Family

My awesome Obsessive Half-Breed Half Sister: Vampiric Delirium, My Yaoi-Loving Compassionate Daughter: Xeim, My Forever Intoxicated Vigilante Brother: Celtic_Silver, My Sister From Another Mister: OceanEyes28, My Awesome Cali Brother: Fishie, My adorable little pet bunny: Tiger Lily, My FF worthy awesome Homie, ManicDepression, My Cloud-loving Spartan Fenririan Brother: Cloud, My UFC Champion athlete fighter: BenRampage, My godsmack addict, Manchester United Fan Rival in Trivia Brother: Omega Weapon, My Trivial Addict Cousin: Phantom, My Uber bot slicer son: Zero, My Really Awesome Rival in Trivia Brother: Squall333, My Silly Dragoonic Sister: Kaos Dragon, My Drunken Step-Father Who Smokes Every 5 Seconds: SasuXNaru, My "Unknowingly Being in His Family" Brother: Rasler, My Bahamut-Loving Stalker Sister:Bahamut1990, My Insane Overlord Grandfather: Itachi Uchiha

Go with me, Exkaizer~ Seriously Soda Treize's Avatar
    I'm personally not much of a soda drinker either. If I would drink soda, it would usually be either coke, pepsi, or some other cola. I think that the taste might be a little bit better with cane sugar, but it is much more expensive so I just buy the main brands that don't use cane sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by James K. Polk

We have a local bottler in Wisconsin known as Black Bear. They have this Blue Rasberry soda. OMG. Orgasmic.
    I've tried this before and it was pretty good, but I don't really know what the greatest soda I've ever had was. As a side note, their website could use some work.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 Seriously Soda T.G. Oskar's Avatar

Pepsi all the way. I tend to incline Pepsi over Coke, and cola over lemon lime soda. I also luv 7-Up. Better tasting than Sprite, that is.

All the way. I can't stand the flavor of diet colas; they taste horrible. I mean, neither Nutrasweet nor Splenda (and let's not talk about Aspartame, that thing seems to be derived punishment from Hell...once it goes into the throat, that is).

So yeah. Original flavor.

[B]What was the greatest soda you ever had?[/B

Ginseng UP. It's a soda beverage made with Ginseng, often sold at natural health food stores. The lemon-lime flavor kicks 7-UP far more times that I can ever imagine. I love when I can see such flavors, though I am resigning a bit given that besides cola and this flavor, the rest aren't that interesting.

Also, BlueSky. Also natural, and a good replacement for Ginseng UP and Pepsi. It comes in cans and everything.

Aaaaand...crystal bottled Coke. Much better than plastic bottled Coke (though an ice-cold, 1/2 liter Pepsi bottle is more my line of taste, y'know. I drank something like that once. They sell 'em in the Caribbean Islands, though not here *shucks*)
    Delivering scathing wit as a Rogue using Sneak Attack.

Pester me on the Giant in the Playground Forums if you really need me.

The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

'Tis a shame I can only place names now...:
    Silver, Omnitense, Govinda, Aerif, Meier Link,
    (whatever is the name of) The Stig, Grizzly, Fishie,
    Craven, Spiral Architect, Flash AND Froggie.

Spaces still available. Join today!!

Nomu-baka, this is FAR from over...:

Govinda
    The only fizzy drink I like is lemonade, and then I'll only usually drink it with something in it, ie. orange juice, Southern Comfort, or a bit of Captain Morgan's. I'm not sure if I can drink the latter combo again, though. Weird night on golf course and drank far far too much of it. Followed feet and crowd home through the sunrise.

I detest Cola and all variants. The bubbles just go up my nose and annoy my throat. Dr Pepper tastes kind of like what I imagine jam would if you left in on a windowsill for a few months and then diluted it with cola.

But if I choose a fizzy soft drink, it's lemonade all the way.