Thread: Rip aim

Blog Entries

Rip aim

AIM will be discontinued on December 15, 2017 - AOL Help

AOL Instant Messenger is officially being shut down on December 15. I don't know about you guys, but I'm a little bummed about that. I've had AIM since before I started high school in 2000, through college and at least until 2012.

It's been crucial in getting me laid for the first time, and also for keeping in touch with some of my best friends along the years. I know everyone is all about other forms of social media, but for old fucks like myself, this was the go to.

I remember that a good away message was better than anything you could tweet. I remember creeping on crushes, hearing the door open sound, and talking to friends about appropriate waiting times before saying hi, and them doing the same.

I also remember being on AIM when I had my first beer, sneakily taken from the fridge when I was 14, talking to people from this site, as well as friends from school, around 3am.

I'll never forget all of the stupid TFFChat chat rooms that were made, and all of the ridiculously insane drama and hilarity that transpired.

I'll never forget forging the long lasting relationships with my best friends over stupid conversations.

I'm sure everyone here of a certain age has memories of AIM. Feel free to share them.

I want to fire it up one last time. If anyone else is down, post your sn here. Maybe we can get one last tffchat going
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

RIP AIM

I haven't used it since the TFF glory days, but i had some good laughs/memories..

I can't even recall my username, was it EvilNix?

Boxer of the Galaxy Rip aim Rowan's Avatar
    I still weep over MSN messenger.

The Old Skool Warrior Rip aim LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Holy shit.

I killed off my first AIM account years and years ago when I deactivated the associated AOL account, but I'm pretty sure I've still got accounts under both LocoColt04 and MisterCZAR. I uh... I wonder if those still exist and what the fuck their passwords were.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Never used AIM so I'm not that bothered with the news...

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wuts AIM lel

I'm still in mourning of MSN. Ya'll still Skype and shit?

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

I do have a lot of fond memories chatting with folks from TFF, but now you just reminded me of the time I attempted to play “Stairway to Heaven” on guitar in front of ya’ll. Oof.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuteor View Post
    I do have a lot of fond memories chatting with folks from TFF, but now you just reminded me of the time I attempted to play “Stairway to Heaven” on guitar in front of ya’ll. Oof.
    So where can I watch it? ��

One time I had AIM. I more remember MSM, however. Stopped using AIM a LOOOONG time ago. Do remember that the last few times I used it, I had a Fox McCloud sprite in my sn.

Anyone use IRC, or whatever it was?

Blog Entries
    I think I only used msn to chat with the half of tff that was adamant about not being normal and using AIM. Still had fun but it was a pain to have both programs open and handling a ton of conversations.

I also remember playing pool on yahoo messenger. It was literally the only reason my friends and I had it.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

This ain't no place for no hero Rip aim Tiffany's Avatar
    Gawd I can't even remember my AIM username. Though for some reason I still have ICQ on my profile, man I feel old.

Blog Entries
    damn, AIM was like the second thing i used to chat with people about videogames. I also got it because of final fantasy...

couldnt even remember my AIM name. or my MSN name either. or my skype stuff. in fact im pretty sure skype is just a malware bot anymore, dont even use it.

DISCORD is where its at. or teamspeak. but yeah mostly discord

edit: oh what do you know i have both registered here so i can see my names at least lol. bless up
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Don't ask me nothing about nothing

I just might tell you the truth.
    "I find this all to be highly inappropriate."