Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: In remembrance to Meier Link

Certified tech, come at me! In remembrance to Meier Link SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In remembrance to Meier Link

I'm very upset as I am typing this post, but a beloved member of TFF was killed recently, died today according to the facebook post I saw from his wife. Those who know him, he went by Meier Link. From the details I read He was rushed into the hospital on tuesday during an accident and had severe head trauma (I don't know what actually caused the accident, most likely vehicular related.) I just wanted to reach out to the TFF community who knew him and create a post of remembrance to a great friend and brother. I really looked up to him. I first met him online back in 07 when I was close to finishing high school so I have a lot of online memories with him, I even played online with him when the PS3 came around. We talked about a lot of things, games, life, religion, work, family and we even laughed and joked about things. He even video chatted me either this year or last year and personally told me he was proud of me for becoming a homeowner. I'm honored to have known someone like him and I was really considering making a plane trip up to see him in his home state, but now I will never meet him in this lifetime.

Please be praying for his family as they deal with this loss.
    Currently Playing:

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I just saw this on Facebook as well. It’s so fucking tragic and devastating. I met him here and I feel like I’ve grown up with him around. We didn’t talk much, commented here and there, but I grew up with him around and laughed at his antics and celebrated the birth of his sons and… just about everything else we’ve all got to experience with Wes either here or on Facebook. I can’t imagine not seeing him around any more. He had spent years growing out that massive wizard’s beard and I was shocked when he cut it off lol. I didn’t think I’d ever see the day.

He is truly a great guy. I’m devastated for his wife and sons at this loss. We’ve lost a TFF legend but they’ve lost their world…

RIP Meier Link. May you forever rock on.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Memento RK In remembrance to Meier Link Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Fucking Christ, this was not something I was prepared to see today.

I remember when Meier reached out to me after joining this forum and we talked about our Aviation jobs and life bullshitery. We didn't talk much, but I still think of the things he told me and his wise pieces of advice. He certainly was a kind soul to everyone around him.

Thanks for posting this here, SuperSabin. I know we have all drifted apart over the years, but if you'd like to chat about anything, I'm around.

I'll pour one out for Wes tonight.

EDIT: did some small research. No vehicles were related to the cause. He fell and hit his head while in his kitchen. This is so devastating.
    Last edited by Yoko; 06-25-2021 at 04:36 PM.
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

Blog Entries
    I also just saw this on FB, and came to post about it here. Holy shit, dude. So young. Leaves behind young kids, too. Gone from us way too soon. That's so tragic. I hope his local community is reaching out to his family. Just awful.

I was already an "ancient" member when he first talked to me. In a thread about me being an "ancient" member, heh... He was definitely a good guy. Never pulled any bullshit drama around here. Always chill with everyone, as far as I remember. I didn't talk to him a lot either, but he was always a friendly dude.

See you on the other side, I guess, dude. You'll be sorely missed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoko View Post
    EDIT: did some small research. No vehicles were related to the cause. He fell and hit his head while in his kitchen. This is so devastating.
    Better than getting involved in a vehicle related accident, but this hurts so bad regardless...
    Currently Playing:

Bananarama In remembrance to Meier Link Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Jesus Christ. This is just absolutely awful to hear. I feel so badly for his wife and boys. It must be unimaginable what they're going through right now.

Wes was one of my best friends here. Even if we didn't talk all that often anymore, the times we did were like nothing had ever changed. I'll miss just talking life with him, dumb shit like beer and cigars, and then talking about family.

He was just a really good guy all around and I'll miss him.

Crao Porr Cock8. Rest in peace, brother.

I don't have Facebook, but is there any way we can help out his family?
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

The Old Skool Warrior In remembrance to Meier Link LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What a fucking legend, man. This sucks.

I'll keep an eye out to see if the family kicks up a fundraiser, Pete. The least we could do is pitch in for funeral charges and such.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Blog Entries
    just fucked. :[

Meier was the older brother I never had. super duper friendly. loved life, took the brunt of his typos in stride (cpc8 and all), someone i will always look up to. this day just sucks. not fair.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Blog Entries
    He has done a lot of things that I look up to. He was like a kind older brother that I didn't really interact with, but he still made a huge impact on our lives.

I read a post that he went on to save the lives of 6 other people, and a very heartfelt post from his mother.

His heart and love for music will live on for a while longer.

The impact he had on our lives will still be as meaningful as they were before for many years into the future. He taught me how to be a better person without actually communicating it to me. I watched his actions and how he interacted with others.

Would you guys be open to starting up a discord channel to have a chat? I can make one and communicate it here once I do. For those who aren't familiar with it (Pete) it's like MSN from way back but much better.
    [CENTER]

Things!!:

MSN RANDOMS:
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

fuck.

Always polite and down to earth
    Always a leader

RIP legend
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 06-26-2021 at 04:18 PM.

Soup Kitchen Jerk. In remembrance to Meier Link Polk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LocoColt04 View Post
    The least we could do is pitch in for funeral charges and such.
    Seconding this. I'd happily contribute to a GoFundMe for his family.

RIP Meier, genuinely one of the nicest people I met on the internet.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Blog Entries
    His band said there would be an online fundraiser soon last night. I checked back, but haven't seen anything yet.

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 In remembrance to Meier Link Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries
    I just learned about this on Facebook myself, and had to post something. I met Meier Link a while back, probly during my High School days on here, as well as meeting a lot of you during those days too. He is not the first Online Friend I have lost this year, but damn does it suck considering it's been too long since we last spoke...and now he is gone...too damn soon, and I didn't get to make any other online memories with him...life is fleeting, and a lot of us take it for granted. I just remember how chill he was, and someone you could always talk to or share stories of your life or whatever with the guy. RIP Wes, you will be missed by everyone here, and I am sure your TFF Legend will live on for ages my dude. Heaven just received another Angel (if you believe in that sort of thing).

Love you bro!

Blog Entries
    Have there been any more details provided?

It's really been bothering me that it just seems like he dropped dead.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Have there been any more details provided?

It's really been bothering me that it just seems like he dropped dead.
    Pete!

I posted a bit more details in a post previously. He fell in his kitchen and hit his head pretty hard. Spent some days in the hospital and was put on life support. They did several scans, and the last one determined that there was no longer any brain activity. His wife made the toughest decision of her life. My heart goes out to her and the family.

His wife posted the other day that he saved the lives of 6 other people. Donated his heart, lungs, and a few other organs to others who needed it.

There will be a celebration of life on July 11th.

I have not seen any details regarding any fundraising. Will keep you all posted.

EDIT: I sent a message to their band. I'll let you know if I hear anything back.
    Last edited by Yoko; 06-28-2021 at 05:35 PM.
    [CENTER]

Things!!:

MSN RANDOMS:
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Blog Entries
    I didn't mean to be crass. I'm just trying to wrap my head around it. It's still very much a shock and I'm still processing the how of it
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

Blog Entries
    Nah, I didn't read it as crass. Maybe I'm being crass without meaning to.

It's a tough thing to say, but this isn't the first time I've heard this happening to a friend of mine. Hurts just the same hearing that it has happened to someone else.

Humans are pretty fragile beings. Anything can happen.
    [CENTER]

Things!!:

MSN RANDOMS:
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Blog Entries
    By the way, Yoko, you gonna go through with starting the discord channel? I'm up for it if you are going to make one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSabin View Post
    By the way, Yoko, you gonna go through with starting the discord channel? I'm up for it if you are going to make one.
    Consider it done! The link is here: TFF In Memoriam. This link does have an expiry as I don't like bots in servers. Send me a message if you're interested and the link doesn't work.
    [CENTER]

Things!!:

MSN RANDOMS:
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

The British Guy. In remembrance to Meier Link Robbo's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I wish I’d been better at keeping in touch but hindsight is 20/20, all I’d like to say is TFF welcomed me especially CPC8 and I was young at the time I’ve learnt some valuable life lessons here and Wes was a big part of them, it was always in the back of my mind I’d meet people if I went across the pond, I’m left wishing I’d have made more of an effort but it is what it is

I invented Go-Gurt. In remembrance to Meier Link Clint's Avatar
    Logged on like I occasionally do to check out what's going on. Wasn't expecting to see this.

When I was banned for being a dick, Meier Link was the one who reached out to me and convinced the admins to lift my ban early. I didn't know him outside of this place, but I joked around with him a bunch, had some good conversations. He was always a good guy. This is tragic news, and it breaks my heart.

What is this I don't even Musashiden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I sadly had few interactions with the guy but the few I had I recall him being exceptionally nice. Though my interactions were few when I was still active here his presence was unavoidable and I do remember him fondly. Shame to hear he's passed.

Has anyone in this family ever even seen a chicken?
    Thread killer extraordinaire since 4/20/01.
    Tumblr | Twitter

So, what did this guy to for the community as a whole again? Judging by these replies, he must have been quite a beloved figure or something around these parts.

Blog Entries
    In short, he was a damn fine human being who genuinely cared about people and these boards. The praise and memories people have been sharing probably don't do any justice to what he meant to the people he knew in person, but I don't think he would have seen those lines, as he just saw his friends as friends, regardless of how we met.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

The 37th Red Spade In remembrance to Meier Link Coff9's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am heartbroken over this...

I literally don't know what to say.

Truly one of our best.
    ~Red Mage~~Knight Looking For Sorceress!~~Member Of The Evil Bad Guys~

TFF Family: None yet! PM me if you'd like to join!

TFF RP Status: The Tipsy-Ram Tavern --- Strange Tides (Looking for RPs and Battle-RPs! Rewriting "Council of Mages")

Currently Playing: - Final Fantasy 1 (All Red Mage Run) - Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Clicker Heroes -

I Use TFF Dark!

Death Before Dishonor In remembrance to Meier Link Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wow haven't been on here in ages, and this is the first thing I see when coming back. Truly heart breaking he was hell of a guy can't think of one person here that wouldn't say the same. I remember when I first joined on here when the adoption agency was up he picked up and helped me out alot on here. Hell of guy he will for sure be missed.

Boxer of the Galaxy In remembrance to Meier Link Rowan's Avatar
    Hey..much like josh_R , I havnt been here for a long time. Years. This is awful.

R.I.P Meier Link

Registered User In remembrance to Meier Link HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I too wanted to stop by to say something about this loss.

Meier wasn't someone I met in person but was one of the first people I talked to here on the forums. I started my internet adventures here because I was too nervous to try anything like MySpace or Facebook at the time. I was very young and had no idea what to post about or how. Then this little thing called TFF family happened and he was one of the first people I added to my own. CPC8 was soon to follow and it was founded on the grounds of making the forums a better place. Cleaning up typos, avoiding one line posts, that sorta thing. I thought it was awesome that I was learning how to better explain myself, through people I didn't even know.

Eventually I did get a Facebook and I did get a random friend request from some guy in Oklahoma. I never really talked much with Wesley on Facebook but I knew I never really needed to. It was like having a dear friend from childhood. He'll never know, but he changed my life, and helped me through some really tough stuff I was dealing with. Ill cherish the few memories we have but ill mourn the ones we couldn't make.

Rest well legend.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast