Thread: rejected your best friend?

rejected your best friend?

so i've just been kissed by my best friend.. and i kissed her back.. and.. i told her i don't think we're right for each other. I've told her this before. I feel absolutely shit. So.. what do I do.
    Spoiler:
    dont u have anything better to do than highlighting my sig?

Rikkuffx's hubby..

Um...why would you kiss her back if you don't feel the same?
    ...Or if you feel like shit, I think you regret telling her what you just did. If you love her back, tell her.

"Be excellent at what is good, be innocent of evil."
    ROMANS 16:19

Just press it:

MY TFF FAMILY

Final Fantasy Fan Cid, my high-flying cousin
    Rocky, my older brother from another mother xD
    Unknown Entity, my Vincent-loving aunt
    LoVeLeSs, my awesome granddaughter
    diaryofjane, my music loving sister
    brnthsdiscout, my FF lovin' sister
    Dark Squall, my God Father.

Sir Prize rejected your best friend? Sinister's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I did that too...but uh...it was slightly different.. I had to reject my best friend on account that I wasn't gay...awkward moment right there...><

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

Vagabond Thief rejected your best friend? Rikkuffx's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just tell her how you feel. Thats all you can really do. She'll probably be upset but if you dont think you're right for each other you probably arent.
    ~TFF Family~
    Doc Rocco-My illegitimate and nefarious son
    Fishie-My lusty neighbor who loves to egg old people!
    Martin-My awesome Tff lil bro who lets me cry on his shoulder!
    Unknown Entity-My wonderful banner making sis <3
    Halie-my slightly crazy but wondeful sis <3
    My geeky maple story loving bro-joesteel64

Registered User rejected your best friend? Dimi's Avatar
    Originally posted by Casanova[OCAU]
    so i've just been kissed by my best friend.. and i kissed her back.. and.. i told her i don't think we're right for each other. I've told her this before. I feel absolutely shit. So.. what do I do.
    As what had Rasler mentioned, why would you kiss her dude? If you're not interested in her then you should've been honest about it. By you just kissing her, gave her the idea that you two might have a chance with each other.

If she didn't listen to you the first time, then be blunt about it. Not to the point where you sound like an ass but just tell her flat out. Have you kissed her or flirted with her more than once before? That could be the reason why she wants to be with you...

Lady Succubus rejected your best friend? Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm with Rasler on this one. Why did you kiss her back if you didn't want to be with her?
    That itself is a sign saying that you're interested. And I think you probably do feel like shit because you regret saying what you did, or because you're confused with your feelings and don't know if you love her or not.

And from another perspective, do you really believe you're not made for each other? If so, then tell her how you feel. Though, you should tell her how you feel regardless. Whether you really love her, don't love her, or are confused about your feelings.

That's a situation I'm in with Froggie right now. Except.. she's the one confused, and I'm the one consoling her when/if she needs it.

rejected your best friend? Yuki-onna's Avatar
    Well, I'm not going to rag you about kissing her back...stuff happens, caught in the moment, crap like that. Feelings are confusing. But kudos for telling her the TRUTH: that you feel you're better off as friends. I see how this is an awkward situation; I think maybe everyone has gone through this at some point in their lives.

It's not easy for either of you; but let me suggest you sit her down and have a good long talk about it. Tell her how you really feel, but don't give her false hopes like "maybe someday", if you don't mean it. Giving someone false hopes to try and make them feel better is worse than lying...in my opinion, at least.

Just my two cents.
    I remember when you were happy with a RADISH.

Thanks for the words and advice guys. I guess I kissed her back because.. well.. it's my first reaction. I was fairly drunk at the point, but that's not an excuse.

I did kind of flirt with her.. but I flirt with EVERYONE! and she knows this too! It's just my manner of speech!
    Spoiler:

Rikkuffx's hubby..

Genocide Unfolds, I Forgive All Chez Daja's Avatar
    It was bad what you did, regardless of drink. It's not acceptable, BUT you understand this.

The best thing you can do is be straight with her.

Stringing her along in any fashion just to make sure feelings aren't hurt will just cause her worse pain in the long run. You need to be frank with her. Set the score straight and try to move on with things.

The person in my avatar is me.

THIS SIGNATURE IS VERY DISTRACTINGS

I was the holder of the highest amount of rep that ever lived on TFF. 1788. lolz. I ween.

Why is it so hard to understand why he kissed her back? Can anyone honestly say they've never done something they regretted in the heat of a moment or because it felt right at the time? Even if he wasn't drunk it'd be an understandable mistake. Telling her about it is all you can do. In passion, there is always a battle between logic and emotion. You've logically decided it would be a bad idea to be with her, but sometimes emotion wins without an explination. These things happen. You've done all you can really.

Until now!

I met up with her later yesterday. We just sat and watched MASH. There was no ackwardness, except when I almost took her top off while being an idiot :s. We're just good friends again. I'm glad.
    Spoiler:

Rikkuffx's hubby..

Uhm, the last time I had a best friend who kissed me... well, we won't talk about that.

But, currently, if my best friend DID kiss me, I would question if she were on drugs, becasue for one, she's not gay, and for two, well.. it would just be weird.

I had a guy best friend who did kiss me once, lol. We used to just peck on the lips for fun and now and again, we were just really close. Nothing special.

But I know how you feel. Just talk to her about it. Face to face. That's the best way.

pfffft ive kissed plenty of women i have no interest in and then some, its just smoochies baby, no big whoop dawg !

And yes i knew a few of these women