Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Reasons For Your Username

TFF's Token Imp Reasons For Your Username Martin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, Well I was originally FFGuru89 simply because I thought there would already be an FFGuru already on here... And I chose that because I was born in '89 and all my friends said I had a vast knowledge of my favourite RPG series. That and I liked helping people out on the games so I went under the assumation that people would ask me questions and I'd help them out. Which has happened.

Dropped the '89 because it was pretty pointless, although I may just drop the whole shebang and go under my name, Martin. That hasn't been decided yet.

So... yup
    Spoiler:

Care to have a look at my WordPress Journal?

Reasons For Your Username Jikuu's Avatar
    I've only seen the word Jikuu in one context: The Time Mage's magic in an FFV fan translation. Apparently, it means "time-space" or "dimension". I thought it looked cool and had a nifty meaning, so I took it.

I choose guardian because it is just my personality type. I wish to protect the ones I love, even at my own expense. Of course, I hate any kind of meat shield in games, however.

Gingersnap Reasons For Your Username OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Have I really not posted in this thread?

I thought I had. But then, I've posted in similar threads so I guess that's what I'm thinking of.

My username has not changed since I registered here. Notice the numbers at the end. When I type out OceanEyes without the numbers now, it looks off balance to me.

I first tried to register here with the name "White Mage" I believe. White something, anyway. That was anywhere from a few months to a year before I registered with this one. Hard to say. So... I think I was about to enter high school. Lord, what a long time ago.

I don't think it went through, and I didn't bother with it. My computer was kind of an ass.

A little while later, freshman year, my friend Shannen (used to be Viper here) told me to register again. My brother Adam (Omni, Omnislash9999 at the time) introduced me to it the first time. I always liked Final Fantasy, but they were honestly bigger gamers than I ever was. They still are.

So I tried again. I actually thought about my name for a while, and I ended up on this one. When I look at them now, they look more like pond eyes... They're mostly green, but there's a brown spot in my left and some blue in my upper right. Pondy. But what the hell, I like the ocean, and I was thinking of the Emerald Coast in the gulf (that was my only ocean experience at the time). Clear green water, and every now and then, there would be brown kelp that would float in. So.. Ocean. In my eyes. There you go. And the numbers come from my birthday. 2/22/88. So I used 2 and 8.

Pretty simple name. But I don't think I could ever change it. By now, it's become sort of an identity. Spooky.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Ghost simply because my Username is my alter ego, a mere Ghost of who I truly am.
    Also, all things spectral and undead are awesome!
    Women
    Can't live with 'em,
    but I LOVE
    TiTTiES!
    <iurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RXVpQ8tG1A>Hit in the USA?</url>

Warlord of Your Mom Reasons For Your Username ultima_trev's Avatar
    Gorath sounds like the name of a grim and necro viking warrior. The BoD also encouraged me to change it from my previous one (Cadaveras), that, and it's also the name of a Norsk Black Metal band, re-enforcing my premonition that its the name of a brutal viking.

Sodom is the kingdom of sexual deviances envisioned by the mighty Marquis De Sade. Plus, it's probably related to sodomy (t3h butt secks), and lord knows that I like t3h butts.

PUT THEM TOGETHER AND YOU HAVE CARNAGE LIKE NO OTHER, RAWR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by ultima_trev; 02-28-2008 at 04:30 PM.

Undisputed masters of all creation since 2004.11.11.

Mine goes back a bit. When i was in High school we had a project in computers where we had to write a story, and i created a demon named Viden, he lived in the woods, and fought mysterious creatures. It kept growing, and eventually i had the SN VidenoftheWood (the original title of the first story) Then through other stories he developed Kryo-Kenetic powers(sp?) (freezing things) So i changed it to "VidenTheColdOne" And that's that!

98% of teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Registered User Reasons For Your Username Dimi's Avatar
    I've mentioned my previous ones in this thread but my most recent one is now Squishie. I decided to change to that because Froggie, Flash, and other people call me that now thanks to Nemo.

I might go back to Fishie though. That's one username that will never escape me even if I change my username one hundred times.

I started off here at TFF as Wyatt Arkham, a name of an original character I used in RP and such way back in the day. As a new member on my first forum ever, I was expectedly newbish, n00bish, and inexperienced. I said some things that I regretted, and with a change in attitude, a name change followed shortly after.

In the tradition of TFF users being named after FF characters, I chose Rasler. People who do this usually gravitiate towards a Sephiroth-based name, since they're usually fanboy weeaboos. I chose Rasler because not only was the name available and relatively unique (until the user Rasler+) but also because of his role in FFXII.

You start the game, you see Rasler, you think "Oh, so that's the main character. He seems likable enough. Awesome sword." You go to the next cutscene, "Oh sweet, an actual war." Further in the cutscene: ARROW TO THE THROAT! "FTW!"

Next cutscene: CONFIRMED DEAD. "Seriously?! The main character's dead and there hasn't even been a playable portion yet." That's right. Rasler is a story-only character. Not playable in any way.

You then go on to Reks, and say "Huh, a new main character. This guy isn't as cool as Rasler, but he'll do. At least he's not Tidus." THEN REKS GETS KILLED.

Then we get stuck with Rek's even-worse-than-Tidus brother. I hate Vaan, with his metal vest...put a shirt on. We went through two superior main characters to end up with this guy...

But I digress. Rasler represents wasted potential, is innately likable, and the ladies love him. I too am inherently imbued with these traits.
    Last edited by Rasler; 02-28-2008 at 09:17 PM.
    3rd Division Captain of the Bleach Club
    Lurking member of the Old School Cult of Kefka

Reasons For Your Username Rinoa.Heartilly's Avatar
    Wow. I registered here when I was *counts on hand*...12 or 13. I first registered as ~Rinoa~Siren~. After going through a quite n00bish period of time per, I later changed it to Rinoa.Heartilly. I use Rinoa because Final Fantasy VIII was my first and a friend said I looked like her. I don't look like her much anymore because, well puberty hit. Even as a 17 year old, I still go by Rinoa or Rinoa.Heartilly.

lol, i need to say, my user name has nothing to do with pokemon, i never knew a moonstone was an item in the pokemon games, lol, but my reson for MoonStone, it's my bands name, and my char in every game, so there ya go, NOTHING to do with pokemon

Reasons For Your Username Freedom's Avatar
    When i first came on TFF, I was sharing the computer with my sis so we named the account Zantria...or something like that. Then she changed the name. After awhile, she was bored with it so i changed it to Freedom coz it was during the exams. At that time, I was gettting really stressed and needed "my freedom to relax". So that's why i used that username.
    Spoiler:
    ..::Lil' Spoiled Brat::..

<marquee>Does it bother you that i've got attitude problem? </marquee>

its a nickname i got in school. there is a theatre game called picknick and we have to say our names and something we are bringing starting with the same first letter as our name, and i always say ethan is bringing elephants first.

Currently Playing
    Dissidia: Final Fantasy
    Fallout 3
    Metal Gear Solid 4

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Reasons For Your Username Polk's Avatar
    There's no way that this will seem cool at all, but I'm a huge history geek, especially American History. James K. Polk stands out as the first dark horse to win the presidency. I like underdogs. He was also that Manifest Destiny guy, claiming almost all of the Southwest.

Reasons For Your Username Hell's-sword's Avatar

Hell's-sword

When i was yonger i used to fight alot and with my madly outragus imagination i used to shout it out be for the final blow haha kinda sad hu but still its a funny memory and i dont have a lot of them so thats that. Lol
    We have spent our time drenched in opulent splendour but when midnight chimes will gilded souls surrender.
    CRADLE OF FILTH
    DANI FILTH
    DEAD MAN SQUAWKING

Nothing special with my username. I just used my real name, that's all.

"Be excellent at what is good, be innocent of evil."
    ROMANS 16:19

Just press it:

MY TFF FAMILY

Final Fantasy Fan Cid, my high-flying cousin
    Rocky, my older brother from another mother xD
    Unknown Entity, my Vincent-loving aunt
    LoVeLeSs, my awesome granddaughter
    diaryofjane, my music loving sister
    brnthsdiscout, my FF lovin' sister
    Dark Squall, my God Father.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3