Thread: A real discussion about things that are real...

The Bad Boy of TFF A real discussion about things that are real... Block's Avatar

A real discussion about things that are real...

Motorcycles. Discuss.

My father owns one of these bikes and will be giving it to me some time in the very near future. I personally prefer the older style of motorcycles; I'm just not in love with the so called "crotch rocket".

Just to get some ideas flowing feel free to discuss if you ride motorcycles, would like to, are into guys/girls that do so, have almost killed someone on one, have almost been killed on one, your general distaste for them on the whole. Once again. Motorcycles. Discuss.

Che

Re: A real discussion about things that are real...

Motorcycles are the shit. Gas efficient, can go places cars are too big to go. (It's legal in some states to ride right through traffic jams on a motorcycle). If I lived some place other than here (because of the shit winters we get) I'd probably buy one to commute to work.

I have respect for the that style of motorcycle but I would probably get a crotch rocket instead.

They're meh to me probably because I would never ride one, I'm to scared of busting my skull open.

I prefer Vespa

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Death Before Dishonor A real discussion about things that are real... Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My uncle used to race cars, and motorcycles for a living. I spent most of my time over at his place. So cars, and motorcycles have always been a part of my life. When he died a few years back he left me his Vintage Indian. I have rode it once. Honestly I am scared to, it is a beautiful machine, and I don't wanna f*ck it up.

I have a Kawasaki ZX9R Ninja. During the summer I ride that motherf*cker everywhere. As Che said they are gas efficient, and can go where cars cannot. It is winter now so I am driving my Mustang everywhere. I enjoy driving it. It is pretty fast, and it gets decent gas mileage, but it is not the same as riding a motorcycle...

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

The Bad Boy of TFF A real discussion about things that are real... Block's Avatar

I currently own a vespa mel... well it's not technically a vespa since that's a specific model, but it's the same style. A Yamaha Vino is what it is technically and here it is (well at least one just like mine):

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I only get off my bike when I fall in love... or when I die.

That's one sexy bike... what? I like bikes. o.o;

I prefer large, chucky bikes, which makes the ground, and window panes vibrate furiously because the noise is so deep. Harley Davidsons are simply awesome, and I will own one one day.

Not practical for when I have children, but for me owning a car for over ten years just so I can cart children around isn't very practical either. I shall live my youth on a bike with a leather seat, chromed interiors and frame work, and black body work. Bring me that horizon... BROOOOOOOOOOOM. =3

To me, any other bike sounds like a hair dryer.
    Last edited by Unknown Entity; 02-25-2010 at 04:52 PM.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Unknown you are more than welcome to come ride my sexy bike with me when I get it... Getting to America is all on you though And if I remember correctly it wasn't too easy to get here for Fievel Mousekewitz.

Registered User A real discussion about things that are real...

My dad got into a motorcycle accident not too long ago. It was his first one he's ever been in too. Not bad considering he's been riding them for the past 25 years (maybe longer). A car was stopped at a stop sign and I guess they didn't see that my dad was coming up the road. Anyway, the car pulls out in front of my dad and my dad swerves hard to miss being hit. He is missed by the car, but he swerved a little too fast and he knocks his bike over and skids a way along the road. He scrapped up his leg and his bike was messed up a little, but he's fine. The car that nearly hit him sped off, and he didn't get the license plate number.

What's weird is about the time of the accident, my mom had a sudden urge to call him. When she did, he told her what had happened. She was pretty shaken up, but he said he was fine and was on his way home.

He was riding a Harley btw. I don't know much else about it though.

As for myself, I don't really have a strong feeling either way about motorcycles, but I'm with Gypsy. I really want a Vespa, or something similar.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

My couch pulls out but I don't. A real discussion about things that are real... midgetbob's Avatar

I'm torn between a crotch rocket and a good cruiser.

The crotch rocket just screams for me to be stupid on though. That's never good.

The cruiser would make me want to get a leather vest with a dragon on it from a guy named Big Earl.

Either way, I love bikes, and would like to get one. I used to ride dirt bikes, 3-wheelers etc when I was growing up, and loved it. Plus, as stated previously, gas efficient amazingness.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

I think liking bikes is in my family. Though that said my dad and most of my uncles favour BMWs, Kawasakis and similar while I'm more into Harley Davidson and Triumph.
    Me, I'm either lucky, skilled or both, my dad has a steel hip and steel shoulder as a result of crashes and because of it doesn't ride these days.
    victoria aut mors

Crash Boom Bang A real discussion about things that are real... Lily's Avatar

Ahh I'd love to have a bike, I got as far as doing my CBT (twice, apparently Im a danger to myself and other road users) and had a rev and go for a while, but I just never got round to starting lessons, I think I'd kill myself. Some man almost killed me once actually....and that was no fault of my own either! Nearly hitting the back of a Corsa when I wasn't watching where I was going when I was lost one time however, was.... Maybe one day, when its more practical, I'm less stupid (unlikely) and my kids old enough to take care of herself.

I love them though, I get it off my dad, he had them when I was a nipper, used to take me out on the back all the time and go over the moors, it was ace. He had a nasty accident once though, it was before I was born I think, and his leg's still ****ed from it

I just keep myself content by drawing them mostly, I just like to look at them, they are sexy. A man on a bike does summat to me *drools*

I've always been rather partial to a Kawasaki Ninja, its the green I think. I'd love to be able to own and not kill myself on a proper bike ]:

Waiting for your sister to turn 18 A real discussion about things that are real... chrono's Avatar

I am to much of a coward to ride a motorcycle. When i go to a theme park i do not ride any rides(i am scared to death).

^^^^^^^^100% true^^^^^^^^^
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\bit torrents\jiu jitsu\helio.jpg

Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch a movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." -Marcelo Garcia

To fight is a man's instinct; if men have nothing else to fight over they will fight over words, fancies, or women, or they will fight because they dislike each other's looks, or because they have met walking in opposite directions” - George Santayana

Sharing is caring, and caring is ment to be shared A real discussion about things that are real... The Dark Crystal's Avatar

I would love to have a crotch rocket myself, just for the thrill and rush. Back in HS i used to race Dirt Bikes (I rode on a 125 Suzuki 2 stroke), and every time i was on the track I felt so alive.
    Last edited by The Dark Crystal; 03-01-2010 at 04:40 PM.
    THE GREAT CONJUNCTION IS THE END OF THE WORLD! Or the beginning. Hm! -Aughra

gaming service ID:

The Mad God A real discussion about things that are real... Heartless Angel's Avatar

Motorcycles ftw. I ride a V-rod myself. Best birthday present ever. Period. It shits all over of my friends' cars in fuel efficiency, I never get stuck in traffic, and I look like a total badass

I've always been into the biker culture anyways, You'll see me sporting a leather jacket (usually a harley Davidson jacket) in the middle of Summer. Got a couple tatoos already, I don't plan on getting more though.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Shake it like a polaroid picture A real discussion about things that are real... RagnaToad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post
    It's legal in some states to ride right through traffic jams on a motorcycle
    I thought that would be legal everywhere. Can't see why it would be a problem.

I don't drive a motorcycle, but I've been into motorcycles for half a year now. I personally like the classic Harley models. I'm not attracted to sport bikes whatsoever.

Owning a motorcycle must be awesome. Like Che pointed out, you use up less gas per person because, honestly, how many times are there 5 persons in your 5-person car? You still need a car when you go shopping etc.

I'm probably buying a second hand Harley or Triumph when I've got too much money (read: "in the very distant future").

Roadtripping through Europe with some friends must kick ass.

YouTube - Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild

cheers
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Bananarama A real discussion about things that are real... Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've pondered it for a while, but it's just not practical for me. I carry a LOT of random shit with me for a lot of different occasions, and I like to have my trunk space. Plus, I feel like it would be a lot easier/ safer to drive home with a few beers in me, as opposed to being on a bike.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

I debated buying my cousin's. His parents bought him some brand new Honda something or other back in 05, he went through training or whatever, rode it once afterwards, got scared to death, and sold it.

This was right after I bought my Honda Accord, and at the time I couldn't afford it, or I would've bought it off him in a heartbeat since I think he only got 6 grand for it.

I'm not a huge fan of them, but man the money you save on gas with those things....

So the 25th birthday came and went... and despite all the signs pointing towards such a gift I was not yet given the Harley...

Maybe next year!

The Mad God A real discussion about things that are real... Heartless Angel's Avatar

That sucks lol. Ah well, if nothing else you'll get it as an inheritance eventually...
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

motorcycles are cool, and people automatically assume they are cool. motorcycles have a reputation. for example, when someone just comes in a restaurant or anywhere with a helmet tucked under their arm they immediately swagger a sense of coolness and its just not the same with the 4-door vehicle. in fact, a lot of the characters in final fantasy uses motorcycles.

I'll drive a motorcycle but I wont be a passenger. I want a harely when I'm older though. My dad has a nice one.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games