Thread: Random Thoughts

Bananarama Random Thoughts Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Random Thoughts

When you speak an abbreviation that starts with a consonant, with a vowel beginning (like the letter "S"), do you use the proper grammar for a vowel.

What I mean is, take the sentence "I drive a SUV."

Technically that sentence is correct, but when you say it out loud, it doesn't sound right. It sounds more correct to say "I drive an SUV.", because of the "ess" sound of S.

Why is it acceptable for girls to wear yoga pants and leggings, but if a guy wears sweatpants people think they're a bum or a lazy piece of shit. Shouldn't comfort go both ways?
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

The harder your mind tries to make sense of some things in this world, the more ridiculous they seem to get. There's a balance in nature.

Protracted periods of mental over stimulation combined with a lack of established sleep routines can quite reliably drive a person batcrap crazy.

Whatever it is you're afraid is going to happen, there are quite probably better and worse outcomes which are far more likely that you are in no way expecting.
    "I find this all to be highly inappropriate."

Boxer of the Galaxy Random Thoughts Rowan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Why is it acceptable for girls to wear yoga pants and leggings, but if a guy wears sweatpants people think they're a bum or a lazy piece of shit. Shouldn't comfort go both ways?
    Because standards between men and women are different. Sometimes its okay, sometimes its not. Depends. Women can feel empowered knowing they can do things that men would otherwise be criticized for. Then they have the nerve to talk about gender roles and sexism when we dont broadcast womens league sports. Its hilarious.

Assuming makes and ass out of you and me.

Anyone who assumes I'm a bum because I'm wearing gym shorts is not someone I'm gonna end up talking to so idgaf in the end.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

I wouldn't say its "acceptable" for ALL women to wear yoga pants

And I've no idea how or why anybody would feel mentally uncomfortable wearing sweat pants Unless you're in a place with a dress code..

Now, men wearing sandles or flip flops, total gooberosity.. If i seen somebody get run over by a car, hit and run, and im the only person around and I run over to him, and hes wearing sandles.. That fuckers bleeding out! hes DOOMED!!

Blog Entries
    To preface this, I do a lot of driving and I get stuck in traffic all the time. It's boring and I do a lot of listening to podcasts and thinking.

I don't think it's mentally uncomfortable, it's more that society in general judges men wearing sweatpants as lazy or dirty. I'm talking about just doing basic things, like running errands, not going to work or out to dinner. It's a double standard more than anything.

And Rowan, nobody watches women's sports because they're simply not as entertaining and the talent levels aren't the same. Why watch women's college softball when the MLB is playing?

Nix, you're absolutely right. Not everyone should wear yoga pants. It's disgusting that people are offended by this notion. It's not fat shaming to say that either. If you put on clothes and look like a lumpy tub of shit, maybe it's not a good look, and maybe you should have the sense to wear something more flattering. I'm all for people being comfortable with who they are, but a major problem with society in general is that we collectively have no shame. Everyone shares everything, everything is acceptable. It's crap.

And there's nothing wrong with flip flops. I'm not wearing sneakers to the beach. Now wearing socks with flip flops or sandles? Just kill yourself.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

Right I'll just excuse myself.

When you want to make the 'random thoughts' thread I'll be back, but I suggest you change this thread title to 'Yoga Pants vs. Sweat Pants Ranting'.

Blog Entries
    I'm just following the conversation buddy.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

Quote Originally Posted by Spooniest View Post
    Right I'll just excuse myself.

When you want to make the 'random thoughts' thread I'll be back, but I suggest you change this thread title to 'Yoga Pants vs. Sweat Pants Ranting'.
    Oh fuck off you fucking loser

And Pete, you wear an old pair of sneakers or go bare foot, thats an order!

Quote Originally Posted by nix View Post
    Oh fuck off you fucking loser
    You you you you you

EAT ROCK MUSIC

Blog Entries
    I have a 6 year old pair of black reebok classics that I refuse to part with. Literally the most comfortable pair of sneakers I've ever owned.

I also have flip flops that have bottle openers in the soles. So that's gotta be a point for them. I'll take pictures later
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

The Old Skool Warrior Random Thoughts LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's approaching 0700 and I still haven't gone to bed.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Blog Entries
    Why?

Also, how do blind people know when they're done wiping after dropping the kids off at the pool?
    Last edited by Pete; 11-03-2017 at 12:06 PM.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

The Old Skool Warrior Random Thoughts LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If the paper sticks together or not? I'd hate to think of alternatives.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

I invented Go-Gurt. Random Thoughts Clint's Avatar
    If you really think about it, yoga pants and sweat pants serve the same purpose. Yoga pants are for yoga, and sweat pants are for general exercise. So if a woman is wearing yoga pants, or a guy is wearing sweat pants, it should be assumed that their reason for doing so is because they were just exercising, or are about to start exercising. Though I do view people wearing sweatpants out in public to be the equivalent of people wearing pajama bottoms. They're pants that serve a specific purpose and aren't actually for general wear. So are yoga pants.

And leggings aren't even pants, they're an undergarment.

And Thomas Jefferson was a huge fan of macaroni and cheese. He was so obsessed with the dish that he would constantly talk about it and annoy everybody around him. He's also the reason why to this day there's no snacking allowed on the congress floor.

Calm down, just calm down, calm down, just calm down, calm down, just calm down

Blog Entries
    How is the entire cast of Walking Dead not zombies? They run around in the woods and fight all the time. Are you telling me every single person has survived years without getting a single scratch? Combine that with the fact that they get covered in zombie blood and guts. Same thing with shooting a zombie point blank. You're getting blood, bone and brands in your orifices and mucus membranes.

Also, why do zombie skulls become infinitely more brittle? You can cave in their skull with a beach ball at this point.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

My girlfriend watched a video of me playing Final Fight and mistakenly identified one of the 'punk in baggy pants' characters as Jet from Streets of Rage 2, which she and I have played. It took a second to explain that this was a different game and it was just a common hairstyle at the time associated with street toughs.

Super Mario Brothers 2 adds more than just graphic changes to Doki Doki Panic, it adds the mechanic of becoming small (from Mario) the mechanic of holding B to run (from Mario) and it has music from SMB1 in the Title Screen (water level theme) and Sub Space sequences (ground level theme, aka The Theme Of Mario). In addition, Doki Doki Panic had to be completed with all 4 characters in each stage for the ending to be unlocked. Super Mario 2 just says "If they beat 7-2 and enter the door, begin the ending." Mario 2 then tells you how many levels each person beat and who contributed the most victories.

Other than that it's just graphic changes, but that's an awful lot of Marioing it up.

Blog Entries

Is the monster itself purple, or does it eat purple people?
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Random Thoughts Polk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooniest View Post

Calm down, just calm down, calm down, just calm down, calm down, just calm down
    Here's a hot take: I like the censored version of this sketch better than the uncensored. Something about the bleeps makes it funnier to me.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Black Wizard Lvl 16 Magic Random Thoughts Master Garland's Avatar
    People should wear whatever the heck they want and not be judged for it. I can't stand putting gender appropriation on clothes. Men should be able to wear friggin yoga pants and be seen as 'real' men just like women can wear flannel shirts loose shorts that go past the knees and tennis shoes and a ball cap and be respected ans women. Same goes for dudes they can wear a skirt and be men for all I care. In my eyes makeup and long hair is not feminine either it's a neutral style choice and it annoys me that women are expected to wear makeup is some fields(like for instance receptionists) and men are expected to have hair above the collar(in law and military fields.) The double standards in the general professional and societal areas irks me to no end.

Somehow I agree Pete "I drive an SUV" does sound better than putting the "a" there.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't judge guys on their sweatpants. I judge them based on how clean they look. I don't judge women on leggings. I judge them based on what size some women think they are.

The other day on the tube, I was watching how most people are glued to something to not engage with other people. I'm guilty as I always have my Vita on me if I don't have my iPad, my 3DS a book and once my train leaves the tunnels, I get my 4G back. But I was wondering if there's something we could do as a universal sign that you're open to communication on the train. Like, a badge that says "I'm up for a chat =)". They could come in different designs so that you interests are on display too, ie football themes, book themes, game themes, show themes, etc. I spend maybe an hour and a half to two hours a day on the train and whilst it's usually my winding down time to play my game, watch a show or read my book, what if that time could be used to network or get over some social anxiety or meet new people.

Then I went back into my Vita and that was that.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Blog Entries
    I hardly ever take the subway, but that's because I hate dealing with crowds and people in general. The times I do wind up taking it, I make sure to carry a book for the sole purpose of not having to talk to someone.

The last time I got into a conversation with a stranger on a train, I was absolutely hammered and a homeless asked me for five dollars. He was going to go to Atlantic City (a 3-4 hour drive) to put my five dollars in a roulette game. He'd parlay this five bucks into millions, then buy a pharmaceutical company. Then he'd make drugs with no side effects. When I got to my stop, he fist bumped me.

True story
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

Why do some zombie-creatures explode on contact or when they get close to the protagonist? Does their chemical make up become combustible when in proximity of living humans? If so why can't I get a bunch to chase me then ditch them in other human colonies. When attempted they don't explode when they are in those colonies.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards: