Thread: Random Question #3

I'm the one and only ace here! Random Question #3 Tidus1872's Avatar

Random Question #3

Sorry for the delay. I'm sure not many of you are even interested in this but whatever. My question is:
    If you could make a law; any law. What would that law be and what would be your reason for making that law?

Registered User Random Question #3
    If I could make a law, I probably would make it a law to prevent stupid ideas from becoming actual laws. As for my reason: because it makes the justice system look ridiculous, and it might be if that's your opinion. I don't want to get into a debate about it though.

Here's a list of ACTUAL laws from Arkansas. No, I don't know if they are in fact enforced, but I still think it's ridiculous that these were actually discussed, voted on, and approved.

I actually think that most of these were just done out of a dare or something.

Arkansas
    • A law provides that school teachers who bob their hair will not get a raise.
    • A man can legally beat his wife, but not more than once a month.
    • A voter is only allowed five minutes to mark his ballot.
    • Alligators may not be kept in bathtubs.
    • An Arkansas legislator not long ago proposed that the state provide growth hormones to dwarfs.
    • Arkansas must be pronounced "Arkansaw"
    • At Arkansas State University two people cannot hold hands while standing in a doorway unless they belong to a union.
    • Fayetteville: It is illegal to kill "any living creature".
    • Flirtation between the members of the opposite sex on the streets of Little Rock may result in a 30-day jail term.
    • In Arkansas it is illegal to buy or sell blue lightbulbs.
    • It's illegal to mispronounce the name of the state of Arkansas in that state.
    • Little Rock: Dogs may not bark after 6 PM.; Flirtation between men and women on the streets of Little Rock may result in a 30-day jail term; It is unlawful to walk one's cow down Main Street after 1:00 PM on Sunday; No person shall sound the horn on a vehicle at any place where cold drinks or sandwiches are served after 9:00 P.M. -Little Rock City Code Sec. 18-54
    • Oral sex is considered to be sodomy.
    • The Arkansas legislature passed a law that states that the Arkansas River can rise no higher than to the Main Street bridge in Little Rock.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Bananarama Random Question #3 Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Simple:

Bad driving would be punishable by death. This applies to people who don't put their lights on at night, don't signal and merge without looking. Also guilty, people who read, shave, or apply makeup. OH and mandatory IQ tests before you're allowed to take a road test.

And dumb laws in NY.

-Women may go topless in public, providing it is not being used as a business.
    -You may not smoke within 100 feet of the entrance to a public building.
    -It is illegal for a woman to be on the street wearing “body hugging clothing”.
    -Citizens may not greet each other by “putting one’s thumb to the nose and wiggling the fingers”.
    -A fine of $25 can be levied for flirting.
    -It is against the law to throw a ball at someone’s head for fun.
    -The penalty for jumping off a building is death.
    -New Yorkers cannot dissolve a marriage for irreconcilable differences, unless they both agree to it.
    -A person may not walk around on Sundays with an ice cream cone in his/her pocket.
    -While riding in an elevator, one must talk to no one, and fold his hands while looking toward the door.
    -Slippers are not to be worn after 10:00 PM.
    Last edited by Pete; 09-27-2009 at 11:40 AM.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think an 11pm curfew for those under the age of eighteen should be put in place, unless they are with a responsible adult - being a parent or guardian. I don't see why under eighteens should be out on the street that late. The bus stop at the end of my road has had the glass replaced on it four times this year, and it always happens over night, and it's always kids that do it because you hear about them bragging about it after.

If that law can't be put in place, then I'd like a law to ban loud music after a certain time of the evening/early morning when in a quiet neighbourhood.

I think most of these laws has come from me being pissed off with my neighbours yesterday... ¬¬

Stupid Laws in the UK:

It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament.
    It is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the British monarch upside-down.
    In Liverpool, it is illegal for a woman to be topless except as a clerk in a tropical fish store.
    Mince pies cannot be eaten on Christmas Day.
    In Scotland, if someone knocks on your door and requires the use of your toilet, you must let them enter.
    A pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants, including in a policeman’s helmet.
    The head of any dead whale found on the British coast automatically becomes the property of the King, and the tail of the Queen.
    It is illegal to avoid telling the tax man anything you do not want him to know, but legal not to tell him information you do not mind him knowing.
    It is illegal to enter the Houses of Parliament in a suit of armour.
    In the city of York it is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city walls, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow.

I found this pretty stupid law too.

You may not play percussion instruments on the beach in Santa Monica California.
    Looks like I won't be serenading my love over a romantic midnight picnic on the beach.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Death comes on silent wings Random Question #3 bobbo087's Avatar
    I would make a special lane just for new drivers and I would line it with all kinds of tires to prevent wrecks....or cause them how ever you want to look at it lol, but they must use them for at least a year. the reason that I would do that is to make it easier and safer for everybody on the road because a large percentage of vehicular deaths and injuries are caused by new drivers.

Registered User Random Question #3 Ether's Avatar
    People would only be aloud to breed if they could afford to support said children without assistance of my tax money. If you cant afford them dont have them. This does not include cases of r@pe and the like but in general condoms and birth controll are out there over populating the world is no excuse when you cant afford to others shouldnt have to pay for something someone else should.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Bad driving would be punishable by death. This applies to people who don't put their lights on at night, don't signal and merge without looking. Also guilty, people who read, shave, or apply makeup. OH and mandatory IQ tests before you're allowed to take a road test.
    I really cannot tell you how much I agree with this. Too many idiots on the road.

Another dumb British law I find amusing: everybody aged 14 or over must carry out 2 hours of longbow practice a day.

Back. For a while. Maybe.

By posting below this text you hereby pledge unquestionable servitude to Neo Necron

Shake it like a polaroid picture Random Question #3 RagnaToad's Avatar
    @ Pete: Some of those NY laws are like wuuh?

I'd probably say people had to chill the fuck out. Seriously. Everyone is so stressed out like they're all on meds, which they probably are. Being friendly has become something 'odd', and people look at you like you are a walking pile of shit when you're being friendly or saying hi to someone you don't really know.

But a realistic law I could make, would be spending more time on sex education, so that young teens know what they are getting into. I'm not complaining about the sex ed in my country, but paying a little too much attention to STDs in class is better than spending no attention to it.
    Last edited by RagnaToad; 09-29-2009 at 03:36 PM.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Death Before Dishonor Random Question #3 Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RagnaToad View Post
    But a realistic law I could make, would be spending more time on sex education, so that young teens know what they are getting into. I'm not complaining about the sex ed in my country, but paying a little too much attention to STDs in class is better than spending no attention to it.
    I agree with this completely because when I first had sex I had no idea what I was getting into and was lucky i didnt catch nuthin from the nasty chick I was with...I know if she was nasty why did I do it because I was 15 and wanted some really bad...

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

BTBAM
    If I could make any law a law. Honestly I would declare that the recreational use of marijuana be LEGAL plus I'm not sure if anyone here lives in California(I don't =[ ) but weed is practically legal in Northern California and has been taxed through Dispensaries and how's this for the economy the state of California correct me if I'm wrong made 11 Million Dollars in a matter of SIX MONTHS! just off of taxing weed.......you thinking what I'm thinking??

Quote Originally Posted by BTBAM View Post
    If I could make any law a law. Honestly I would declare that the recreational use of marijuana be LEGAL plus I'm not sure if anyone here lives in California(I don't =[ ) but weed is practically legal in Northern California and has been taxed through Dispensaries and how's this for the economy the state of California correct me if I'm wrong made 11 Million Dollars in a matter of SIX MONTHS! just off of taxing weed.......you thinking what I'm thinking??
    How did I forget about the old Mary Jane?

But then again, smoking marijuana IS legal over here so...

Death Before Dishonor Random Question #3 Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I wish pot was legal in the U.S. that would make life so great..and people would no longer be stressed about dumb shit they would just sit back and chill....

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

I invented Go-Gurt. Random Question #3 Clint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisuke_Hellsing View Post
    I wish pot was legal in the U.S. that would make life so great..and people would no longer be stressed about dumb shit they would just sit back and chill....
    Pot is a gateway drug, and in a lot of cases, leads to harder drug use. That's part of the reason why it's illegal to begin with. The other part has to do with serious health problems caused by the drug.

There should be a law that everybody has to be as smart and knowledgeable as me.

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Eastwood View Post
    Pot is a gateway drug, and in a lot of cases, leads to harder drug use. That's part of the reason why it's illegal to begin with. The other part has to do with serious health problems caused by the drug.

There should be a law that everybody has to be as smart and knowledgeable as me.
    Marijuana is only a 'gateway drug' because a user is forced to do something illegal, hence the step to other illegal (and dangerous) drugs is easier.

Alcohol causes way more problems than marijuana.

Marijuana doesn't dehydrate as much as alcohol.
    Marijuana can't give you an overdose, thus can't kill you, unlike alcohol.
    Marijuana doesn't give you headaches and doesn't poison your body, unlike alcohol.

Alcohol is just socially accepted. But it's still a drug.

If marijuana didn't have to be smoked, it would be hardly unhealthy. No less healthy than eating greasy foods.
    Last edited by RagnaToad; 09-29-2009 at 09:10 AM.

I do what you can't. Random Question #3 Sasquatch's Avatar
    Simple. This would make my country much, much better -- soon, other countries would follow suit.

In order to vote in a federal election (President, Senate, House of Representatives, etc.), two things are required: First, you must pay more money in taxes than you receive in tax credits. If you drained more money from taxpayers than you contributed, you should not have a say in our governing. You would simply vote for the candidate who promised to redistribute the most money to you from the successful, working taxpayers of the country.

Second: You must take a test on the United States Constitution. It could be the same test as the United States Citizenship Test -- actually, that'd be perfect. Simple stuff. If you are going to have a voice in the governing of our country, you should know a little about it first.

Of course, if states want to let the drains on their economy and ignorant schmucks vote in their elections, they can have at it. But not in federal elections.

Sig courtesy of Plastik Assassin.

Greater love hath no man than this; that he lay down his life for his friends.
    John 15:13

ShootingStar
    Quote Originally Posted by RagnaToad View Post
    I'd probably say people had to chill the fuck out.
    lol
    "New Law #1: Everyone, on pain of death, must chill the **** out. If thou dost not chill the **** out, then thou must suffer a public hanging."

What a great day that would be

I invented Go-Gurt. Random Question #3 Clint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShootingStar View Post
    lol
    "New Law #1: Everyone, on pain of death, must chill the **** out. If thou dost not chill the **** out, then thou must suffer a public hanging."
    People wouldn't be chill, then, because they would be worried if they're not being chill enough to escape execution, and therefore, the world would become a much more paranoid place.

There should be a law which states that everybody has to be more paranoid, especially law enforcement. There would be far less crime, and far less wind chimes. Everybody would be happy and miserable at the same time, and somewhat schizophrenic.

On a scale of one to seven of how awesome a paranoia law would be with four being the highest amount of awesome and the numbers moving away from four becoming progressively less awesome, it's at a three... or a five... or an eleven.
    Last edited by Clint; 09-30-2009 at 01:40 PM.