Thread: Random Encounters

Random Encounters

So like, I ran into someone today that used to be one of my best friends, and normally when things like this happen I never know how I should react. Sometimes it's a matter of not knowing if I should say "hi" or not.

It's not like we were on bad terms, but I still find it awkward running into people I don't talk to that much anymore, out of the blue. Even just seeing someone from High school is awkward for me sometimes. Normally it's friendly but sometimes I wonder what they're thinking when I walk away haha. Usually if it's not someone I knew to a certain extent, I just try to ignore them and go about my business, even though they might say something.

Do you handle running into people, unexpectedly well?

Worst random encounter?
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 10-14-2010 at 02:17 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Re: Random Encounters

One time when I was working at Best Buy, an old high school and middle school and I think even elementary school. He walked by me as I was walking one way, said hey Kyle, I looked over and saw it was him, I was just like hi and kept walking. There have been other times where it's someone I clearly know, he clearly knows me and nothing is said between us. One person we just knew each other, weren't really friends, knew each other, played sports on different teams in the same league, we were on the same high school team for 1 year though...but that's a different story.

But mostly overall I see how they deal with it. If I was excited to see them I would approach them and say what's up.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Random Encounters Xanatos's Avatar

Can't say I have the same issue, I'm actually glad to encounter someone I haven't seen in a while, I'll even say hi to those I'm not good with, that's sort of guy I am.

I'll stop, shake hands, and have a chat with those I'm good though, just the other day while taking care of some stuff on university I'm transferring to I run into old colleague of mine, I haven't seen her in quite some time, two - three years to be more precise. We went to have a cup of coffee, pretty soon I'll be heading on the same university as her, so she explained me few things, gave me some useful tips.

As for worst encounters, there have been quite a few awkward ones, running into ex girlfriend for instance.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Blog Entries

I think I react similarly to you a lot of times, Mel. Possibly because a lot of times, I'm not sure if it's actually the person who I think it is, even if I know them fairly well, so I wait and see if they'll initiate the conversation. Especially since I'm shy and don't like starting conversations. I'm especially like this if I don't remember the person's name for sure. Also especially if I didn't particularly like the person or don't want to talk to them for whatever reason (like I'm in a hurry, grumpy and tired, etc.) I'll try to avoid eye contact and pass by before they see me. Or if they do, then I can pretend that I didn't notice them until they said hi, heh. (And anyone who knows me knows I'm oblivious a lot of the time anyway, so this really isn't a stretch.)

Sometimes I study someone for several seconds before I say anything to make sure it's them, and they notice, and awkwardness tends to occur... Good times! Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Death Before Dishonor Random Encounters Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I usually handle these situations well. It doesn't happen often, but most of the time when it does I deal with it nicely.

Worst random encounter was when I ran into the girl I had sex with the day before I started dating my fiance. That was a very awkward thing to explain to her.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

It's funny because, shyness isn't my problem I think it's mainly not wanting to get burned haha. I also don't feel weird if it's a random person I've never met, it's only people I've encountered before

The main reason why I don't immediately jump up to say "hi" is because I don't want to wave or smile at them and then get ignored, because then I end up looking like a douche or a crazy person waving at my imaginary friend Koosealagooseagoop:

Last edited by GypsyElder; 10-14-2010 at 04:00 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Controlling With Fear Random Encounters Unlucky Rufus's Avatar

lmao, i ran into a guy that i had got into a fight with back in my freshman year, just yesterday at best buy. It was really akward because he had his mom with him.

Registered User Random Encounters

Well, generally, when I see people I haven't seen in a while, I will say "Hey!" and ask how they've been doing. But, oh man... I do have a story about an incredibly awkward encounter though:

When I was working at the restaurant, I would sometimes get old classmates that would come in to eat, and yeah, some would find their way to my section. Most of the time, it was just the "Hey, how have you been???" and "Good to see you!" type of encounter. However, there was one time when a girl that I got into a fight with in HS came in, and sat in my section. I could still feel that there was a bit of friction between us, but we both behaved well, and she even tipped me. I was pretty surprised by that, tbh. It was still kind of awkward for me though.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I had very few close friends at secondary school. If I see them in the street, we get excited and say hi and have a quick conversation depending on what we're doing. There was one time when I got excited to see one of my best friends, but they didn't seem too excited to see me... they were with a group of other friends, so I think that's why, but it made things awkward for a while haha.

If it's an older friend... it's waaay more awkward. I've not spoken to some people since I left secondary school, and some I dislike talking to at the moment. I get quiet and shy, and ask the usual "How's it going?", "What have you been up to lately?" and "How's the family?", and then get on with my day. It's always an uneasy experience, but it's not often it happens.

With other people I recognise from school, it's usually a little nod or wave if they look at me. If they don't look at me, then I tend to keep my head down and move on with my day. I don't feel uneasy here because sparking up a conversation with someone who've never had a conversation with before is difficult.
    Last edited by Unknown Entity; 10-15-2010 at 05:43 AM.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.