Thread: Quitting

Asking all the personal questions. Quitting RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries

Quitting

What have you found hard to quit and have you succeeded?

Ok so I realised I drink way to much coffee each day and have to decided to reduce my coffee intake to 1 mug or 2 mugs a day.
    I was going to go as far as to make a day to day blog on face book or my tff journal. Anywho help support me on my journey haha.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Let's make it rain. Quitting Jonathanx221's Avatar

Re: Quitting

Quote Originally Posted by RamesesII View Post
    What have you found hard to quit and have you succeeded?

Ok so I realised I drink way to much coffee each day and have to decided to reduce my coffee intake to 1 mug or 2 mugs a day.
    I was going to go as far as to make a day to day blog on face book or my tff journal. Anywho help support me on my journey haha.
    Smoking, and I'm starting tomorrow (today)

Will I succeed? Hopefully.

And good luck on your coffee addiction. That's gotta be tough. =] It's kinda like soda, I don't think I could ever stop drinking it. EVER.

I have a horrible TFF problem, I really should stop talking to you crazy people you're ruining my street cred XD

Other than that, I can't really think of anything... maybe to stay off the computer once in a while haha, I Google everything.

Google Magic !!! *jazz fingers*
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 03-22-2010 at 12:46 AM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Asking all the personal questions. Quitting RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries

Jazz fingers lol I am already contemplating having a cup of coffee grrrr maybe 3 cups of tea will substitute haha Is that allowable
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Quote Originally Posted by RamesesII View Post
    Jazz fingers lol I am already contemplating having a cup of coffee grrrr maybe 3 cups of tea will substitute haha Is that allowable
    Tea is always okay, it's definitely an addiction of mine, but something I don't think I need to quit, by any means, plus it's good for you

Tea does not equal coffee so you win :3
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 03-22-2010 at 01:00 AM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

I have the amazing ability to quit anything cold turkey.
    The trouble with that is though, I won't quit if I don't want to and I don't tend to do all that many things I didn't want to do.
    victoria aut mors

Let's make it rain. Quitting Jonathanx221's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder View Post
    I have a horrible TFF problem, I really should stop talking to you crazy people you're ruining my street cred XD

Other than that, I can't really think of anything... maybe to stay off the computer once in a while haha, I Google everything.

Google Magic !!! *jazz fingers*
    I think I'm addicted to google as well, I google literally anything I have a problem with or anything I need information about.... I googled ear candles once. =\ I googled google and ended up at google! It was nuts.

No, but really. At least you're not addicted to smoking. It's terrible.

Registered User Quitting

Good luck with breaking your coffee habit, Rameses. I don't think I have any pointers for you to help you along, but here's wishing you the best.

As for my own addictions, I think that mine are now fairly tolerable, and I don't have any that can potentially harm me (I don't think). Alcoholism runs in my family, so I could easily become addicted to that, so I just stay away from it entirely, so I don't wind up like so many others who do have a problem.

I used to have a bit of a shopping addiction. I would go out when I was having problems at home, and to make me feel better, I would buy myself something. I thought at the time it did help, but really, it wasn't at all. It was just a shallow fix that didn't last long, and then I would be back again to blow money on something else stupid that I didn't need. I used to have a lot of clothes that I never wore and still had the tags on them because I would buy so many that I couldn't keep up with what I had. Luckily, my "addiction" never got so bad to where it damaged my credit or anything, but I have heard of people that have had theirs ruined because of it.

I think I have fixed it, because I definitely don't shop like I used to. However, when I do go out, I do still tend to splurge a bit. I need to really watch that, so what I now do is make a list of things I need, and try to add up in my head how much that stuff would cost me, and ONLY carry that amount in my wallet. I got rid of my debit card, because it was all too easy to just swipe a card across and not see the physical amount of what I just spent actually leave me. As for things that I want (especially on impulse), I follow a tip that one of my guy friends told me to do. He said that I should wait two weeks before buying it, and if the urge to get it is still there, then go ahead and buy it. More than likely though, he said that I wouldn't think about it after that, thus saving me from making another worthless purchase.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Otakus rule the world!! Quitting chikala95's Avatar

I'm addicted to anything Bleach and Final fantasy related.
    One time, I had my headphones on and I couldn't hear my mum and dad's conversation, but somehow I managed to hear 'final fantasy' being mentioned and took off my headphones and asked "what about final fantasy?" They both looked at me as if they were worried...
    Another time was me, once again with my headphones on, and my mum asked me something. I looked at her, to say 'Can't hear ya!' Then she mouthed Final fantasy XIII and I asked her about it. I can't lip-read...
    I notice that if there is a conversation at school in a busy area, I can pick up on the conversation about Final fantasy...I need to cut down on the final fantasy and Bleach for a while...But is't just too painful! I have drawings, stories, movies, games of Final fantasy and Bleach throughout my house, and if I keep quiet about it, I'll EXPLODE!
    And I'm NOT getting rid of them. That would just be cruel... But I DO need to cut-down on them. It's not healthy.

Death is not the end of your life. It is only the beginning.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I used to be addicted to Coke (the drink), and some other carbonated drinks. I noticed I feel much healthier not drinking it, and when I do sleep, I sleep for much longer than what I would have managed if I were drinking it.

Just replace caffeine with another favourite/preferable drink, which doesn't contain any. I picked orange squash and water, and drank loads of it, because I noticed I was getting a lot more thirsty in the early stages. From the start, I didn't touch caffeine at all.

Shorty came some headaches, but you can shut them up for a while with paracetamol, other drinks (water), and lots of sleep (and you'll sleep much better after a week or two once you've started quitting).

If you're having a hard time, don't do it my way, and just pace yourself. Maybe limit yourself to one cup a day, and slowly move into every other day, and so on to how you see fit.

Also, good luck! ^^

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Death Before Dishonor Quitting Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My trainer is gonna kick my ass if he finds out, but I have grown an addiction for bags of TGI Fridays Potato Skins. Ohhh the bacon and cheddar. I have tried to quit but have been unsucessful.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Paladin Quitting Voltaire Adams's Avatar

I'm addicted to Fast Food. It's a serious problem. I sit at home and I can't think of anything that's here to eat, and really only because it all takes too much time to make. I seriously can't drive through town at a meal time and NOT get fast food. I don't really know how to kick the habit either. I'm just not strong enough.

The real problem is though that I eat fast food at least every other day, and I'm unemployed. I can't afford it. It dosen't even matter if I don't go anywhere either because I can just have my girfriend bring it home after she gets off work. She has the same problem too, so it's not like she's going to tell me no.

I think we just need to work together on it. But I know I'll just end up doing it behind her back. Which only leads to more problems.

Addictions suck.
    This is my signature. It's not good now, but later on it might be. Who can say...

...can you?